Hrist.8972

Hi,

Topic says it all.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Lock server transfers ASAP.

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Plz Anet if you read this Devon, please confirm that players who xfer during the season wont get any reward.
You need to remove the big rewards for players who XFER in order to win OR we ll see massive bandwagon once again.
You cant make a league or whtver when players can wfer, even if they pay.
This is a total non sense.
xfer = no rewards.

Plz

Devon.

Make it Epic.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Plz Anet if you read this Devon, please confirm that players who xfer during the season wont get any reward.
You need to remove the big rewards for players who XFER in order to win OR we ll see massive bandwagon once again.
You cant make a league or whtver when players can wfer, even if they pay.
This is a total non sense.
xfer = no rewards.

Plz

Devon.

Make it Epic.

I agree with this. Not with OP though.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Even if you don’t get a reward mid-season, you’re still pretty much guaranteed a reward next season so people will still stack upwards if allowed to transfer.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I wonder if you win the season you move up to the next season automatically while the server which came last, last seasonw ill go down automatically

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

The reward will probably be something lame and not worth transferring to get. It will probably be worth exactly 15% less than the cost of transferring.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Your reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

are you suggesting we should spy and grief servers from their own home where they cant kill us ?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Your reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.

There ya go folks.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

Which means everyone is going to transfer off low tier servers now. Why hasn’t ANET done anything to promote people coming to lower tier servers? I mean transfers to bottom tier servers should be free. That would be a good start. You can also do server type buffs (WvW exp, magic find, gold increases) to also promote these servers.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Fortunately the top servers are all at full capacity at the moment. Should help alleviate the problem. With any luck, the reverse will happen and top tier guilds will transfer to other silos.

Imagine if, for instance, a 500 man SoR guild transferred to one of the servers in the “bottom 6” tier. They’d be (almost) guaranteed to win every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

So, in Europe, we still do have some weeks to transfer to Vizunah or Seafarer’s Rest.
Giving the current trend the second choice is probably a better one.

The overall impression I have is that this league is a way to postopone any much needed important wvw upgrade some more time for some fine tuning.

Nice, but the League is a worldwide invitation to bandwagon to few server.
With a final result of huge queues in few servers and emptiness in the losing ones.

My game is primary www, my guild is www and we are in waht is now called T2.
What option do we have?
1 Transfer tomorrow in the winner server
2 Accept that we won’t get the rewards
3 Looking for a game that support RvR properly

Let us now dear A.net what we have to do, because your announcement is against any possible www balance logic

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

(edited by Ciuffo.6384)

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

Fortunately the top servers are all at full capacity at the moment. Should help alleviate the problem. With any luck, the reverse will happen and top tier guilds will transfer to other silos.

Imagine if, for instance, a 500 man SoR guild transferred to one of the servers in the “bottom 6” tier. They’d be (almost) guaranteed to win every week.

Believe it or not most of the people on the top servers like competition. They are not going to transfer into a borefest in order to receive some piddly reward that will probably be something like 4g a win.

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Believe it or not most of the people on the top servers like competition. They are not going to transfer into a borefest in order to receive some piddly reward that will probably be something like 4g a win.

I’m sure for a lot of people that’s true. I’m sure for those with the mentality of “all that matters is PPT and winning,” they’ll find some lovely little server to completely stack.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

I’m sure for a lot of people that’s true. I’m sure for those with the mentality of “all that matters is PPT and winning,” they’ll find some lovely little server to completely stack.

If they wanted to do that they would have done it already. Point being, some piddly reward isn’t going to spur them to do it. It’d have to be something quite significant to cause this effect, and I don’t really see it being a significant reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

If people are so concerned about balanced servers, why don’t they just make a conscious effort to transfer in a way that promotes such balance, rather than going straight for the ‘top’ server? Guilds coordinating with each other to spread out evenly so as many servers as possible can stand a chance? Sure, you could argue that such a thing shouldn’t be necessary, but when it’s your best option, why not just do it instead of whining about what you can’t have? It might make things more interesting!

Of course, that will just make the real issue more obvious: While everyone may be screaming that they want balanced servers more than anything else, they’ll still just do whatever is necessary to get the rewards. Alas!

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

If they wanted to do that they would have done it already. Point being, some piddly reward isn’t going to spur them to do it. It’d have to be something quite significant to cause this effect, and I don’t really see it being a significant reward.

They did already do that. It’s called “SoR.” Case in point.

With the new system they go from having to find ONE server to do that to having the option of FOUR servers to pick from as “always wins” servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The league thing goes for seven weeks. I’m assuming this will be an annual thing? Fall blowout etc?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Hi,

Topic says it all.

What is this in regards to? And when does the season start? Also how do we tell where our server currently stands?

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Which means everyone is going to transfer off low tier servers now. Why hasn’t ANET done anything to promote people coming to lower tier servers? I mean transfers to bottom tier servers should be free. That would be a good start. You can also do server type buffs (WvW exp, magic find, gold increases) to also promote these servers.

Do what my guild and about half a dozen other guilds did back shortly after release. Get organised, pick a low tier server, gather up and smash face. We brought Blacktide from one of the lowest brackets to being number 1 for ~1 month straight.

If you want your server to perform well in WvW you have to put in the effort to make it so.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

They did already do that. It’s called “SoR.” Case in point.

With the new system they go from having to find ONE server to do that to having the option of FOUR servers to pick from as “always wins” servers.

So it is a previous problem given that SOR already did this. Nothing in the new league system creates this possibility of a big guild going to a smaller server.

in WvW

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

There are not much information. I realy like the idea, gives a reason to fight for your server and dont juts farm wxp. However, from the information we have I dont see how this wont cause massive chaos through transfers…

And what did you plan for the case that some ppl, groups transfer to top server and than back after the season has started to disturb those server? I see a lot of abuse there… I.e. siege everywhere…

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Well, I know I’ll be camping the transfer screen to get to JQ as fast as possible. If anyone has a better offer and thinks that their server will prevail, shoot me an email. As far as I’m concerned though I’m screwed on Gate of Madness. The entire reason I moved BACK was because TL left GW2 and matches meant nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

Well, I know I’ll be camping the transfer screen to get to JQ as fast as possible. If anyone has a better offer and thinks that their server will prevail, shoot me an email. As far as I’m concerned though I’m screwed on Gate of Madness. The entire reason I moved BACK was because TL left GW2 and matches meant nothing.

If you manage to get in, shoot me a message friend- i’ll see you find a guild that suits your needs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sukor.1236

Sukor.1236

You guys realize that NA is getting broken into 4 leagues for the season right? There isn’t going to be just one winner.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So a spy can transfer off their home server to spy and still get the rewards from that.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

The population disparity between ‘Tier 1 (Server rank 1, 2 and 3) and ’Tier 4 (server rank 10, 11 and 12)’ is absolutely huge. There is no chance at all of lower populated servers ever winning in this league system.

Take my server, Borlis Pass, for instance. It has been said that every server will play off against other servers in your league once. Even if we went up against all the heavily stacked servers in as few matches as possible we could never win this.
Eg week 1: BP/JQ/SOR week 2: BP/TC/BG week 3: BP/FA/DB week 4: BP/Mag/SOS week 5: BP/ebay/CD week 6: BP/YB/??

The only matchups we could possibly stand a chance in would be a Borlis pass vs Yaks bend vs Ehmry bay matchup and maaaaayyybe a Borlis pass vs Ehmry bay vs Crystal Desert matchup. All other matchups would see us get decimated purely due to coverage and numbers. And that’s hoping RNG is in our favour and we dont end up with a powerhouse like JQ or BG invading our ‘easier’ matchups against CD/YB or EB.

We still care about wvw just as much as the other servers, we just have less people. Is that any reason for us to be punished like this?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t understand why ArenaNet would give players even more reason to bandwagon. You are already guaranteed easy coverage by being on one of the top servers, now you get real rewards for doing it? So if you choose to stay on a weaker server, you are fighting an uphill battle for coverage (and some weeks are complete wipes depending on the RNG) but now you also miss out on big rewards.

If you transfer now to SoR or BG (depending on which is showing as the strongest server, I haven’t paid attention lately) you stack on an already stacked server, you enjoy easy coverage and you get real rewards for stacking.

Why the slap in the face for weaker servers? Sure there might be one or two in the lower tiers that wins the lower leagues (assuming the RNG favoured them and placed them just below the higher league) but everyone else loses. Conversely, the top servers attract more players because your chances of winning first in a league are far higher on BG or SoR than they are on any other server.

And all of this is built on the fact that WvW is won by coverage. Why should any server be rewarded for coverage?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

People are still going bandwagon….rather than bandwagoning when the season start…they’ll just bandwagon now.

Hell, people bandwagoned on release when there were no rewards at ALL or anything just because; now there’s a much more incentive to do so.

If anything though, I really hope atleast the rewards aren’t too exclusive or obscene in a manner…I can already smell the drama brewing from just the announcement as is.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I wonder what made you guys think that WvW is even remotely ready for something like this in it’s current state.

Anyway, when you announce such a change this early, without taking necessary precautions, you will now see more people stacking up on already filled servers, in order to win and get better rewards the easiest way possible. If anything this game needed it was some encouragement for people to spread out more, not the opposite. This just tells me that you guys are even more clueless than I first thought.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpi.7843

Pimpi.7843

so did you thought about that people of leading server will swap after 4 weeks to the second place server and block his wvw activity by blocking borderlands, and not deffing stuff?
the guys who will cheat the system will get the first place reward, even if they would loose to the second place? you said sth about personal rewards and server rewards, deny server transfer players the server rewards and give them the opportunity for the personal reward.

edit:
i think the whole system will get to a big blobbing system, the bloodlust points can give a bit relief for unblobbing

in WvW

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

To those saying that the top server guilds won’t transfer over to lower tier servers for rewards.

They are half right and half wrong. It didn’t really occur to me what was happening until the guild leader recently spoke about it.

The reason some of the guilds from the top server will transfer isn’t because of the rewards but for the experience. The WvW experience. Since this announcement it has made the top tier servers very attracting for lower tier server players for the rewards.

This means there would be a large amount of players wanting to or going to transfer to the top servers, meaning queue times for WvW will rise exponentially. The guilds that just play for WvW won’t like this at all and it will ruin their experience to have hours of queuing.

Now my guild is going through a wait and see situation at the moment, it may possible end up being that the guild leader will decide to move the guild else where.

It was similiar when they made the server available to all through free transfers. That didn’t matter as much as back then WvW still had no real reward system, but now, it pays to be on the winning server…

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Add a restriction so that transfering in the same WvW league isnt allowed or people who will get kitten on in WvW because of debuffs. Add a week of restriction free transfers after each season. After 3-4 seasons everything should be a bit more even or people have quit the game by now. Just please, take the risk, dont do it as half hearted as always.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Ninestrings.2815

Ninestrings.2815

@Devon,Please read the following:
I am part of a WvW core guild in SFR. The future competition that you are going to introduce will impact our WvW arena so bad that it might tear apart the WvW community we built there.

Months upon months of working towards perfection will go to waste due to massive transfers because of a reward .

First server rewards you say. Well people aren’t dumb, they will transfer before the season starts. that’s kind of obvious I would say.

Unless you lock transfers now, lower tiers will be practically empty and higher tiers will be full to such immense that server queues may lunch to up 2-3 hours .

[KoA] Raid Leader – SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Well, wouldn’t be enough to rise the transfer prices to something like 5.000 gems or more? Someone would think twice before investing so much in a transfer.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I actually want the opposite free transfers anywhere but they could make it so you could only transfer the first 3 days after reset and not able to transfer to opposing servers if they have higher score than you.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninestrings.2815

Ninestrings.2815

Alternative, promote transfer to lower tiers by giving out free boosting in XP, WXP and karma and gold..

[KoA] Raid Leader – SFR

in WvW

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

I got a idea ANET, allow free transfers to SFR , just before this wonderfull idea of a season crap starts.

Are you guys for real? you almost destroyed our WvW community the first time with free transfers to our servers.

There were given plenty of good ideas to improve WvW and you discard them all and you come up with this????

This might totally destroy SFR again
well done…. really

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

nah let’s lock players to crappy server where entite server doesn’t even bother doing wvw and you end up in 5vs 70 situation every day because everyone on your server would rather farm invasion

you guys don’t realize how frustrating it is to play on such unmotivated server that have high population but none of those people would want to do anything for wvw

on my server right now it is only 2 guilds that even do anything and they both wanna xfer from the server because you just can’t hold everything with like 30 ppl vs 2 other servers that actually run multiple groups of 50+ players

and worts part of it if you try to motivate all those players to go to do wvw they just laugh at you

If they locked xfers i would just reroll on other server at this point.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

I don’t understand. Why would you want them to lock transfers after knowing what Devon just said?

Do you KNOW how the leagues will be divided? Do you KNOW the leagues matchup? It is physically impossible for you to predict which server will win (except for the highest ranked server at the moment, the top of T1). The only plausible transfer destination that would be rational is the highset-ranking at the moment. And I’m pretty sure it’s always full. Not that ANYONE even cares about the leagues to leave their community behind… A finisher… ooooooooooooooooh man.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

… A finisher… ooooooooooooooooh man.

There will be considerably more rewards than that. But good sarcasm!

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Please ignore the trolls and answer the real concerns… Because if it’s just going to reward the winning servers the most all that will mean is the only prerequisite to winning the league is having the most people 24/7.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

a finisher is a good reward.

but how will you address spying?
anet currently doesnt address griefing by burning supply / capping siege. introducing highly competitive elements into the game mode will require you to aggressively pursue the members of the community who would choose to start on one server and transfer to opponents each week to sabotage their efforts. they will still be rewarded according to how their original server does, which is all they care about anyways… and there is literally nothing the enemies can do to stop a saboteur.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggs.8420

Ruggs.8420

anet currently doesnt address griefing by burning supply / capping siege. introducing highly competitive elements into the game mode will require you to aggressively pursue the members of the community who would choose to start on one server and transfer to opponents each week to sabotage their efforts. they will still be rewarded according to how their original server does, which is all they care about anyways… and there is literally nothing the enemies can do to stop a saboteur.

You can report them. It would be easy to track someone doing this. If you report them they can get their account banned.

in WvW

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Please provide for this periods some gamemods, for fast response on abuse and hacking.

it was written…

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

You can report them. It would be easy to track someone doing this. If you report them they can get their account banned.

they dont get banned for months. and if they are sneaky and coordinated about it, you wont even see them.

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

You guys realize that NA is getting broken into 4 leagues for the season right? There isn’t going to be just one winner.

Where do you get 4 leagues from, Dulfy’s site says only 2 for NA, or are you referring to EU?

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: dan.2098

dan.2098

Oh yeah, I see that meta gaming going!
Login on your home server, move to enemies server, troll and kitten with their supply and/or keep upgrades (get funds for all that stuff from your home server).
Oh wait, what you can’t your server mates… so sorry
It’ll be funnier than Eve Online’s backstabbing politics!

Edit:
Or get 2nd account so you don’t have to lose your achievements ^^

(edited by dan.2098)

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

so if I understand this right in this season there will be a free transfer to another server?

sfr is atm very high I hope it gets full soon then or a lot of ppls gonna come that don’t now kitten about WvW.

thank you Anet and devon you might have killed sfr AGAIN GJ.

a lot guilds gonna rage and then leave xD…

in WvW

Posted by: Archenteron.7541

Archenteron.7541

I’ m a player from Seafarer’s Rest…our population is only “high” so the cost to transfer to sfr is only 1k gem wich isn’ t much…we have the possibility to win but with queues lasting more than 3 hours because of meta-achievment/rewards/transferring players the chances will go down to 0%…it’ s simply impossible to play in wvw when none of your server can actually enter the maps.

Seafarer’ s Rest – From Dusk Till No Dawn [DUSK]
Wrexya – Elementalist 80
….And Another 13 LV 80 Characters…..

(edited by Archenteron.7541)