Lock server transfers ASAP.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’ m a player from Seafarer’s Rest…our population is only “high” so the cost to transfer to sfr is only 1k gem wich isn’ t much…we have the possibility to win but with queues lasting more than 3 hours because of meta-achievment/rewards/transferring players the chances will go down to 0%…it’ s simply impossible to play in wvw when none of your server can actually enter the maps.

Alas, the non-existing zergs that match Vizunah are everywhere. Its like an overpopulated ghosttown!

Wait what?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Your reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.

You seriously don’t see any problem with this?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Your reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.

You seriously don’t see any problem with this?

Honestly what do you expect from people entirely out of touch with WvW? First we make a competition that is entirely decided by population and coverage, then we set it up so that you can transfer to your main opposition and undermine their entire effort without risking your own reward.

Brilliant! I think it should just be a finisher for reward, why would you reward this style of competition with anything of value?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

nah let’s lock players to crappy server where entite server doesn’t even bother doing wvw and you end up in 5vs 70 situation every day because everyone on your server would rather farm invasion

If you really are a WvW player you would have transfered a long time ago to a active WvW server if you are on a slacky WvW server.

This idea ANET brought up will only get the best server allot of bandwagons looking for rewards(yes i read that they have to start there)

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Does everyone live in some parallel universe where a single transfer away doesn’t cost 40-70 gold or 12-20€/$?

Do you really presume you’ll get more than 40 gold’s worth of rewards for just logging in on the winning server?

Jesus christ your alarmism is astonishing.

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

nah let’s lock players to crappy server where entite server doesn’t even bother doing wvw and you end up in 5vs 70 situation every day because everyone on your server would rather farm invasion

If you really are a WvW player you would have transfered a long time ago to a active WvW server if you are on a slacky WvW server.

This idea ANET brought up will only get the best server allot of bandwagons looking for rewards(yes i read that they have to start there)

That’s false. I played with Team Legacy for months, and when they finally left GW2 I moved back to GoM because I thought it was my home. Only now that it matters am I moving to JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Can someone link me to the blog post that announced all this? I’ve scoured the news section but seemed to have missed it.

in WvW

DarkieDuck.9521

Does everyone live in some parallel universe where a single transfer away doesn’t cost 40-70 gold or 12-20€/$?

Do you really presume you’ll get more than 40 gold’s worth of rewards for just logging in on the winning server?

Jesus christ your alarmism is astonishing.

Dont worry, knowing ANET they will open free transfers before the season starts

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So a spy can transfer off their home server to spy and still get the rewards from that.

A server that needs a spy typically isn’t winning, so it probably won’t be an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

No we all live in same universe. Where the August Living Story additions have been literally a sequel of “Farm Me” events/areas/features.

Really, raising money has been so easy in latest 30 days that 70 gold are nothing.

Now, that’s the only thing that they could do to make things worse.

Thus, sure 100%.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Fastbucks.5073

Fastbucks.5073

what reward are you all talking about?

in WvW

DarkieDuck.9521

what reward are you all talking about?

A boat and a mini pet called Emma

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Honestly, that is what ANET really needs to do. Allow free transfers to assist the blobbiest server there is ever known to exists since the inception of GW2.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I still haven’t seen whether this is a permanent change or if its a once a year tournament. But if it is permanent, I’ve been thinking and this has got to be an effort by Anet to spread people out over the servers. Players are worried about the 7-12 T1 servers in NA having to face T1 servers.

But it will be worse for the T1 servers. The T1 players are there for the competition, not to win a reward. What will happen when they face no competition for 6 out of 7 weeks? If this is indeed permanent and the way matches will be decided all the time, the I can see the T1 guilds transferring off SoR, BG and JQ, I’ll throw TC in there. And actually, if that happened, it would be the best thing to happen to WvW since launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

johje, no the reason TC and JQ are top are because they stacked. JQ stacked before the game was released (I was there and got the mention to join on JQ) and TC has stacked afterwards paying for WvW guilds to transfer to them.

These servers stacked to WIN… with NO rewards. Not to have even fights. When I realized this I left JQ and moved to Kaineng when it was the bottom server. If someone is still on JQ theya re not a WvW guild looking for a fair fight (which is why I have such respect for Tempest Wolves. They left JQ akittens highest and moved to a lower pop server as well)

Sorry that is simply not happening anymore. With rewards we on kaineng have already lost 2 of our biggest WvW guilds out there to transfering to the bigger servers. It goes the other direction.

When there is rewards… people flock.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why not reward players and guilds? If you and your guild doing well you should get good reward even if your server lose.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If going with tiered matches, there should be a handicap. Who wants to see a pro team play a college team straight up? Course handicap systems can be rigged but still better than a free for all.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

@Ostra Yes, in the beginning people stacked servers to win. But I believe that has changed. Guild now transfer up to find good fights and competition. And so they don’t have to feel like they’re carrying a server. And to avoid being nightcapped and losing all their hard work that they have put in to the effort.

But if they’re not getting good fights, because they have to fight servers 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 spots below them. Servers that they could utterly demolish without even trying, runing around naked, with only one weapon and no utility skills. Then they’re going to not have fun. And they’re going to realize they need to spread out to get the fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

We already know who will be the top servers right now in the upper league so locking down rewards once the season starts isn’t going to do anything about people transferring now.

And the only reason we don’t know who’s going to be in the top of the lower league is because of the possibility of servers tanking to get there between now and the start of the season (how bad does that sound!).

This system is like having a sports league where

• every player is paid the same,
  • champions get a reward,
  • each team can field an unlimited number of players,
  • total free agency — any player can move to any team.

This is not a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This league system is a very bad idea.

It really seems that Anet likes to break what is not broken.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

DarkieDuck.9521

Honestly, that is what ANET really needs to do. Allow free transfers to assist the blobbiest server there is ever known to exists since the inception of GW2.

So just vizunnah then?

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

are you suggesting we should spy and grief servers from their own home where they cant kill us ?

Yup, that’s what he’s saying. See this.

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I would love to transfer to a lower tier server. Free up a spot for someone to come bandwagon on SOR. But there is no way im paying for it.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

How the heck did ANYONE on your team think this is a good idea???
There are a ton of post about siege trolls, check in with your support staff about tickets regarding the same topic with pics and such.

I really hate to sound harsh but if this is your grand plan come start of leagues you need to rethink your choice of careers because you are pretty much out of your depth.

LOCK
TRANSFERS

The server you log into WvW on day one is the server you are tied to for the duration of the match.
If you don’t log into WvW then you have the option of transfering so it doesn’t impact PvE’ers.
How hard is that to understand or implement?

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

Posted by: Dalgar.6721

Dalgar.6721

Why would they lock transfers when they can make so much money off them? Integrity of WvW be dammed, if there’s a cash grab available they’re going to go for it, and this is about as blatant as it gets.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Tbh you should not be able to enter WvW on any other server than the first one for the duration of the season. That makes it so that people can transfer if they wish, but they won’t be able to play for another team or even advance their meta achievement if they decide to leave their server.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

TC has stacked afterwards paying for WvW guilds to transfer to them.

Stop spreading garbage and lies. TC did not pay anyone to transfer. Guilds that have transferred did so of their own accord. A couple TC guilds took up individual “offerings” to help guilds that had already decided to transfer, but it was totally “at will/after the fact” and the vast majority of guilds who transferred paid completely for their own transfer.

TC has also advised several interested guilds NOT to transfer, and they have thankfully listened. TC doesn’t pay guilds because TC doesn’t want the kind of guilds that can be paid to transfer elsewhere.

Don’t talk crap when you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

in WvW

Valin.4527

Why would they lock transfers when they can make so much money off them? Integrity of WvW be dammed, if there’s a cash grab available they’re going to go for it, and this is about as blatant as it gets.

Not to mention the hard core trolls have bought a spare copy or two of the game.

Still want to know the thought process behind this Devon.
How will siege trolling be addressed?
Why are you potentially enabling people to spy/handicap the servers they are fighting against?
How did this make sense in your morning stand ups?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Not to mention the hard core trolls have bought a spare copy or two of the game.

Still want to know the thought process behind this Devon.
How will siege trolling be addressed?
Why are you potentially enabling people to spy/handicap the servers they are fighting against?
How did this make sense in your morning stand ups?

Do you have an idea how to address any of these problems? I sure can’t. Stop crying about something you know there isn’t a solution for. These are problems with the community and not the game.
Server transfers isn’t going to be as bad a problem as some might think. Take paid transfers for example. JQ got super stacked, but many guilds ended up transferring out due to the lack of competition in 2 months.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Valin.4527

Proposed solutions -
Siege trolling – tag siege with creators name to make reporting easier, task QA staff with monitoring abusers and taking action (maybe put a cooldown on siege placement that increments if reported multiple times – a lot of suggestions on the forums already about this one).
Spy/handicaping – don’t allow transfers during league play. Can’t do anything about people who own multiple copies of the game but addressing Siege trolling would put the kabosh on most of it.

It can be fixed and I’m not on the only one raising valid concerns, or “crying” as you so quaintly put it. It’s easy to address these issues, that is why it is all the more frustrating that they are still here Seig.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

This works in theory except that fact that I will know before the first day of the season who will be ranks 1-3 and 13-15 so transfers will just occur the week before instead of once it starts if individual server performance will be the soul means to win a league since 2v1 against a stronger server rarely works in reality.

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Proposed solutions -
Siege trolling – tag siege with creators name to make reporting easier, task QA staff with monitoring abusers and taking action (maybe put a cooldown on siege placement that increments if reported multiple times – a lot of suggestions on the forums already about this one).

This seems like a no brainer. Games used to have DMs. Now theyre just fire and forget. Seems like they could hire a few people whose sole job is to monitor the game for abusers.

Sanctum of Rall