Logging off when downed [Merged Threads]

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Fix has been posted in a new sticky but I still want to respond to the suggestion of many players to keep your character in game for 15-30 secs.
Yes almost every mmo has it but it has always been an annoyance to me that it took relatively long to wait for your character to be logged out until you could log back in or in most games even to swap to a different character.
I love that in GW2 swapping characters is just a few clicks and back (to quickly get something out of the bags of an alt into the bank or craft something etc.) near instantly except for the very short loading screen compared to other games.
So I much prefer the solution they went for.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Fix has been posted in a new sticky but I still want to respond to the suggestion of many players to keep your character in game for 15-30 secs.
Yes almost every mmo has it but it has always been an annoyance to me that it took relatively long to wait for your character to be logged out until you could log back in or in most games even to swap to a different character.
I love that in GW2 swapping characters is just a few clicks and back (to quickly get something out of the bags of an alt into the bank or craft something etc.) near instantly except for the very short loading screen compared to other games.

30 seconds is “relatively long”?

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

30 seconds is “relatively long”?

Yep if you suck at organizing storage like me and esp. in some other games where there was no account storage so I had to log through 4 characters to find my stuff then back to where I wanted to craft my stuffs and then again back to my main to continue playing Or swapping characters at start of / during a raid because I was preferred on another class that didn’t show up.
Each time staring at a loading screen up until a minute (logout and preloading when logging back in) gets very old.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

change is coming:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Coming-Soon-To-WvW/first#post966359

Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

“Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. Condolences. The bums lost.”

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

If I end up in a situation where your numbers are able to overcome my skill, then I have absolutely no problem using my last recourse to deny you a kill that you most certainly don’t deserve. If that’s a problem, where’s the statement from Anet saying they consider it an exploit and want it to stop? As far as I know, Anet has never said a word about their stance on it.

I am Jack’s giggling onset of schadenfreude.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

change is coming:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Coming-Soon-To-WvW/first#post966359

Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

Good news. Time to grow a pair for those who stubbornly defended Alt+F4ing.