Looking back at NA WvW

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Just a simple Topic, to loo back what happend in NA T1…

First SBI vs HoD(TA) vs ET (AA)

The mighty Titan Alliance vs Ascension Alliance vs some PUG’s, it’s been over a year since the clash of the 2 biggest alliances in GW2 History, but TA was too strong, AA gave up on fighting TA, TA got bored and disbanded, some guilds left for Kaineng (at the time the joke server, who always lost) others stayed on HoD.

ET already hit rock bottem “They Are fighting Kaineng now” we joked. HoD still stood strong, a new player entered the field: SoS:“the server meant to stop HoD”

SBI vs HoD vs SoS, The koreans left SBI, as they noticed around halloween we all just were PvE nubs. HoD was the next server “to fight Kaineng”, altough this one started to rise slowely.

Then the mighty JQ was constructed, the server to bring down SoS, Then the last of the early titans fell, SBI collapsed, most WvW servers fled, some to kaineng, some to JQ, some to SoR, or some even to BlackGate, the server meant to take down JQ

unfortunatly, the free transfer period was over and ever since it has been a stale Fight between SoR, BG and JQ, altough BG used to be the weakest of the three, and laughed at: “Go back to PvE”. In the constant fight between the three forces, the lead often switched, BG became the stronges, SoR the weakest, JQ lost a lot of power, SoR became the stronges, etc.

Now today, WvW is screwed up big time, BG and JQ are both overstacked,while SoR just stopped caring, hapy to move to T2 or play around in EotM. It became a endless 2-way fight.

Just briefly telling the story of T1 NA WvWvW of the past year and a half, a moment to think about all those epic fights and sieges. to remember the times of ET vs HoD vs SBI. to remember all the drama, to think about what will happen next.

-wouw

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You’re missing some servers in there. IOJ, for example.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

I wish I was around to see my server (ET) at the top. We hope to rise again, probably not as high as we were but atleast to T6, I think that would be a nice fit for us.

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

You’re missing some servers in there. IOJ, for example.

Aye, IoJ was one of the more spectacular implosions. They plummeted almost as hard as ET, iirc.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

IOJ got 1 week of T1 and imploded. I believe JQ was the dominant one at that point.

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Checked mos, HoD and ET tanked far harder than IoJ. HoD went from 1st to 21st in 11 weeks, while ET went from 3rd to 24th over the same time period. IoJ managed to fall from 3rd to 18th in 21 weeks.

I guess I remember IoJ more because their fall was really centred around January/Feb and highlighted the ending of free transfers.

Edit: you’re correct, eithinan. SBI IoJ JQ at that point. BG made their rise to T1 the next week.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

IoJ’s fall was much slower. Even when they finally dropped to T3 they stayed there for a couple weeks (they won the first week there) until they finally lost there. HoD and ET essentially emptied out.

It’s easy to see which servers had an actual community and which are just constructs of “hardcore wvw players”

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I remember my first friend in the game tried to persuade me to transfer to ET with him since ET was at the top while BG was only a mere Tier 4 server at the time. I was already begin to get attached to BG though since it was slowly building a strong community spirit, so I didn’t transfer while he did. Couple weeks later ET imploded while BG slowly climbed its way to the top. Oh the fun time when you look back.

Blackgate Engineer

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Fun read for me tbh, i was stubborn in taking the decision of chaging MMOs and started Gw2 back in late November 2012.

I started WvWing in IoJ and moved in the week before free server transfers were closed, as they were falling down to T6. Fun memories

Commander Nachonix

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

BG used to be the weakest of the three, and laughed at: “Go back to PvE”.

Yea no
They were the only server with off-hours coverage in t2. If they were weaker at some point it was for a week or two.
BG has won 70% of it’s matches through the course of the game. Just stahp

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

This just in: No one outside of T1 cares about T1….People on T1 created the problem, people on T1 can fix it.

Mag Server Leader

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Problems with these tiers is that people who wants continuous fights always will move to the tier1 and tier2 servers. The other tiers can’t provide continuous fights. You login in during odd hours and it’s more than likely a ghost town. It gets boring quite fast. Maybe once in a while during NA prime that a few guilds on the lower tiers are able to find fights? I started out with ET and felt their ghost town on their way down. I’ve tried out EU servers and when it’s a ghost town, jumping puzzle was the place to be… I’m a casual player, but I don’t want to login during off hours only to find a very few players where you have to beg for someone to gank. It’s boring and you’re better off just gathering. Right now, there’s basically close to almost no queues in JQ. But there’s still some fights against BG. Even during reset, I don’t find myself having queues. I used WvW for my crafting and doing my dailies and only will join in when there’s a call for help. So reality is, there’s more action in T1 and T2. ANet would do good if they were to either combined some of these lower population servers or perhaps allow some free movements from other lower tiers to form some newer competitive servers. The free movements will stop as soon as the servers gets enough influx of WvW players… At its current pace, anyone in lower tiers or can’t keep up with their tiers will make claims that they are in it for the fights when fights only exists during their primetime at best.

-S o S-

(edited by SleepingDragon.1596)

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

enjoyed reading that and looking back on everything Who knows whats going to happen…. SOR is just done. They are bored and want to do something else (probably EOTM full time for fights and not worry about PPT) which is cool. BG isn’t done by a long shot. Everyone there is just checking out EOTM and soon JQ will too because nothing can be played if its all capped. The only questions left unanswered are who is going to replace SOR in T1 and will they have enough people? Will people switch to the new server?

Pancakes
Thief

Looking back at NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Greetings,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created a new space for Match-Ups and other off-topic discussion. You can find the Player Community-run site here:
http://www.GW2WvW.net