Looking for WvW training for our guild

in WvW

Posted by: Shamski.7645

Shamski.7645

I am looking for a person for a small group of people to come and train our guild members and commanders on the finer points of WvW. We have multiple commander tags and are an older guild. We currently have about 50 members online at a time during our peak hours and the guild, as a whole, would like to better ourselfs so we can lead in WvW and help change the tide for our server. I am not sure how to do this or even if we can, but I thought I would try. Maybe we could buy you a transfer to and from our server (if located on another) and maybe “X” amount of gold as well. We are located on the Darkhaven server and are at about 200 members. We already are use to playing at scheduled times due to our twice weekly guild missions. Any information would be great! Message me in game

Shamski.7645

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

This is a good initiative in looking for a skilled resource. I would recommend talking to your current WvW community leaders. Find their voice servers and look into the coordination and training they are willing to provide. You know your own people and have completed the hardest step in assembling a active force. Get to know your community. I have a primary and secondary point of contact for over 40 guilds that WvW on our server. I have reached out into our community to build teamwork and lasting relationships. We have 45 in guild but last night we rolled with 5 different guilds in an organized assault. With your size the politics and relationships in your community will be as vital as the basic player skill of your people.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

your best bet is to keep following the commanders, most of our commanders in Darkhaven are pretty good – what we need right now is more people – tonight we were just double teamed by both servers, we are holding them off pretty good – but it’s not the right match to teach offensive play – especially when we are constantly facing massive zergs from both servers – this is the perfect time to learn defense lol

learn to organize your guild into roamers – basically guys who roam the maps solo capping camps, and killing sentry points, knocking on doors to contest waypoints.. – they also double as scouts keeping the eye on enemy zergs …..then you have roaming teams – which usually consist of 5 players who help distract the enemies from where our zerg is at. The idea is to get everyone communicating and working as a team….from there as a commander you keep up with the news on the chat and keep your zerg moving fast capping points and moving to next spot – learn all the routes and short cuts as you want to get your team from point a to point b asap! Don’t go face first into a keep until you neutralize it’s siege….know when to face roll the enemy zerg and know when to be on the exact opposite side of a larger zerg….. you can not keep all your guys in one massive team because, we are a smaller server so we need more strategy and people keeping eyes on the enemy, while keeping our zerg mobile and ready to respond on all points. Learn when is the proper time to upgrade sm, and when you have to let it go so you don’t waste time defending something when you could easily be getting more points. – the name of the game is capping as many points as you can fast… you need to move like you drank a keg of redbull in 3 gulps!!

above all communicate intelligence and commanders need to discern where to focus the most damage to not waste time – more caps – more points.

I’m on darkhaven and I try to help in chat whenever I can with the above mentioned strategy. I’ve seen DH at it’s best, and at it’s worst, right now we have amazing potential for a great team because many of our pve’rs came to life – such as your guild, and that’s great – but training during the leagues – is like catching a ride on a train thats going 50 mph!! – Jump in, follow the commander – they’ll eventually ask someone else to tag up. = c u in game! Cheers!

ps – if you want more ingame info – just ask for the mesmer pirate midget with the parrot!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

It seems like he wants someone to come and explain and train him and his guild. Trying to learn by following a commander is cool and all but it isn’t the same as having someone teach you.

OP we do weekly training sessions on SF if you want to send one of your ppl over. If not you might have better luck in the WvW recruitment subforum since that’s where ppl willing to transfer go to look.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

best way to explain – at least with us – is in game / real time – it’s how everyone else who went hardcore learned and we grew together – it’s a friendly server so it’s not hard at all to learn with us. It’s sort of a Darkhaven tradition actually – I remember when we were getting facerolled about 8 months ago – I made the Lord of the Rings speech, and since that point – we never run – we jump in face first – win or lose we give it all we got!! Darkhaven is hardcore – even though we small

Heaven Help the T1 Servers if we ever train the numbers we need – we had to survive on strategy and are prepared to take it to a massive level without the blob!!

Darkhaven is full of survivors, and the best way to learn that is to jump in and survive as a team!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: ARTHUSIMON.7481

ARTHUSIMON.7481

It seems like he wants someone to come and explain and train him and his guild. Trying to learn by following a commander is cool and all but it isn’t the same as having someone teach you.

OP we do weekly training sessions on SF if you want to send one of your ppl over. If not you might have better luck in the WvW recruitment subforum since that’s where ppl willing to transfer go to look.

As a former Darkhaven, I find this suggestion really good. You might need to send someone to another server where he can be trained and then pass on the knowledge. Yes, most of us learned by example while following the doritos but sometimes you need and actual training session to practice concepts such as stacking, fields, blasting different types of fields, veiling,etc.

Hope you guys find what you’re looking for, but the most important qualities a WvWer needs to have imo are resilience and patience. You WILL get face rolled, a lot, but if you learn from your mistakes, try to do it better next time and don’t get discouraged easily, you’ll be stronger.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions in game, there are helpful veterans anywhere that are willing to answer, usually free of charge xD

Commander Arthusimon
[CORE]
FA

in WvW

Ricky.4706

lol, that’s actually how I learned – I went to HOD when they were in their prime – and watched them at work – then I came back to DH

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

About a month when the game came out we did the same thing. We wanted to train our guild and cmd’s to do great. So one of our leaders when to tier1 server and follow a guild there and trained under them. When he got done he came back and teach the rest of us what he learned. Bad thing for you is it was during free transfers >< for us.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hi Shamski

The posters that have replied have excellent points of views. There’s also training in open field warfare that uses certain build, traits setup and tactical movements that will enable your group to handle 2-3 times your numbers. There are guilds like that in SBI, T1 servers, and a few others.

Incidentally, open field excellence have given some guilds the impetus to stay in GW2. It’s hard work when you are training but extremely rewarding.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Ricky.4706

we are actually doing really good now – we just have a habit of getting both servers upset at us enough to team up against us lolol!! We have many of the strategies the bigger servers use – but not enough all out wvw guilds – we are more on the pug’ish side – hence the general concept of communicating like one big guild.

in WvW

Posted by: ARTHUSIMON.7481

ARTHUSIMON.7481

Why not make a coalition of guilds for WvW purposes? Get all the guilds together, make a new one just for WvW and let everyone know that they need to rep that one whenever in WvW. Start with raids at certain, specific hours, make Voice comm mandatory (don’t need a mic, just to listen). You need to optimize the usage of the scarce resources you have (population) and maximize what you do with it. Keep the morale up and the rest will come

Commander Arthusimon
[CORE]
FA

in WvW

Ricky.4706

our server has done that before, but it always backfires, – they form big guilds then suddenly want bigger fights and transfer out. We’ve had major alliances before, if the server loses once they blame it on coverage and leave. I’m thinking of starting a wvw themed guild – all asuran!! My goal is fun first, score 2nd – if you get too caught up on score then you get the t1 disease – but if you think of the enemy as badge bags – being outnumbered is a good thing!! lol

I can’t blame our opponents for teaming up on us, we are extremely violent in Darkhaven lol – we’d kill each other if it meant more mats and badges!

my dream – to get one massive server karma train that runs from temple to temple, then from borderland to borderland killing everything and anything that moves – it’s getting there too….yesterday before wvw – i ran to jormag – the crew there then ran and did the temples, then when they came back to La – they came to wvw took towers, and went to bl and took keeps – pve/p karma train extreme – just have to know where / when to find em. All pugs too, so it’s not like it depends on one guild to do it.

(edited by Ricky.4706)