Looking for a new Server for WvW.....

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Q:

I’m on SoR[Sanctum of Rall] server, I have been on this server (with my guild) from the start of this server. It was once a nice inbetweem server with decent que times, and an active WvW population, and would go up against servers that greatly out numbered us, and we would push and win.

Now it is a mess, tons of zerg guilds, WvW against nothing. As the other realms don’t even show up to the fight anymore.

In a nut shell, i want to be the underdog again, but don’t want to be in a server that my guild is the ONLY guild out in the WvW lakes.

So what are the WvW actions like in the last 6 servers?

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I don’t suggest Isle of Janthir.
We still have queues for pvp but only when winning.
We still get overflow all the time.
The server is plenty full.

Our server has been wishy washy and unreliable in w3 lately.
Some people say it’s halloween, some say they are on protest… uh ok.
Some still can’t figure out that defense is important and others still don’t know why we don’t take supply from keeps and towers. Someone even got whispered when they asked someone to stop doing it right in front of them with “what are you going to do about it”. Yeah, real teamwork there when your own team is aggressive. People are short with each other in chat, the jokes are few and far between, people are telling each other they are ignoring them.
The are several people that have it together but they aren’t the majority lately. When people put down siege they do this /s BUILD. Really, are we freakin’ ignorant now and we have to alert each other that the huge thing in front of us can be built?
I used to be proud of my server but lately it’s like you go in there and the air is different. Can’t explain it but it’s just a vibe that we are not organized or good lately.

Also don’t see as many people using food buffs and there are never any goodwill flags placed at the spawn like the old days. Maybe we will recover, maybe not but for sure w3 right now is a teeter totter of oddity. Sometimes the 6 green dots near you will run in when they see an enemy in our supply camp, sometimes it seems like they take a head count then vanish. Not much siege is being dropped either, I think everyone thinks it is someone elses job. We often don’t have siege until an area is under attack and someone is calling out for “build arrow carts”, little late for that zergie zergathon.
My experience is that I play w3 nearly everyday, last night was my first night with no interest in a few weeks. Thought I would take a day to just think about it, hence all the forum posting about thoughts.

(edited by psirca.9452)

in WvW

Posted by: Fodux.5379

Fodux.5379

You should come to Dragonbrand man. From what you described we have exactly what you’re looking for. We are constantly outnumbered but when we’re on in force Epic times are had. We lose in points because we just don’t have the numbers to keep up, but we still show up every day.

See this post and you’ll get a better understanding of the culture here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Dragonbrand-Official-Hard-Mode-Server/

Good luck with the server search.

in WvW

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

Try Eredon Terrace its a mess since the huge guilds left it. The server is just waiting for more guilds to actually play WvW instead of PvE and Trading Hall hording…

Blackgate thief :)

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

I suggest waiting for next weeks matchup. We will be in tier 2 against serious servers. Give it another shot till then.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

If you want to be the “underdog” again, I’d suggest going to the bottom tier; Ferg Crossing, Dev Rest or Kaineng. These three servers have been matched up for the past 3 weeks and probably will be next week. Right now Ferg Crossing is the “underdog” in the matchup. These are technically the worst servers for population right now, but if you read about our battles (which can be epic most nights), you may like it down here with the bottom feeders.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Cunnart.6519

Cunnart.6519

Blacktide EU is looking for some more WVW guilds

ThUn-Black Tide EU
An american abroad.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

just ignore the top 3 brackets and you’ll be fine.

i would particularly look at ferguson’s crossing. their bracket has the most consistently balanced games over recent matches. I say Ferguson’s becase the other two servers have had some transfers lately and if people keep going to them it will unbalance the matchup more. Ferguson’s could use a bump right now and the bracket would still be competitive.

otherwise, here is a list of servers that are all competitive in some bracket and don’t have queue issues.

Eredon Terrace
Henge of Denravi
Crystal Desert
Yak’s Bend
Darkhaven
Fort Aspenwood
Maguuma
Dragonbrand
Northen Shiverpeaks
Ehmry Bay
Sorrow’s Furnace
Gate of Madness
Anvil Rock
Borlis Pass
Ferguson’s Crossing
Devona’s Rest
Kaineng

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: DirtyApe.9360

DirtyApe.9360

You should come to Dragonbrand man. From what you described we have exactly what you’re looking for. We are constantly outnumbered but when we’re on in force Epic times are had. We lose in points because we just don’t have the numbers to keep up, but we still show up every day.

See this post and you’ll get a better understanding of the culture here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Dragonbrand-Official-Hard-Mode-Server/

Good luck with the server search.

Mag is pretty much in the same boat. In fact, if you look at our matchup this week you can see just how close Mag and DB are to each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I’m with Psirca. Hard to be proud of IoJ. It’s so hit or miss. Call out for help (intelligently and for a key point) and you are lucky if the right people are on that respond.

I can’t tell you how many times people responded the the idiotic player calling for something unneeded (but easy so its a free Gold event reward) and left a key point deserted that was keeping the enemy from pushing us into a defensive only position.

We’ve also had the opposite of having the outmanned boon and being able to push back the enemies on both sides who weren’t outmanned.

The rubberbanding performance and lack of community is a pain in the rear.

I’m ready to look for a new server as well, that actually likes to be with the community. Not only when they are winning. And PvE as well. (Calling for help in Orr for an event that isn’t part of the farm… good luck with that in IoJ)

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in WvW

Posted by: Fisher.8290

Fisher.8290

You don’t want to move to Anvil Rock. Just to be blantantly honest, we’re probably too tough for you.

We are always outnumbered at least 100 to 1, but never lose a fight. The only reason we don’t own everything is that we don’t have enough players to have one person at all locations.

We are currently considering armor removal for every participant in wvw. This would not really give anyone else a chance, but would make us feel even more overpowered.

That being said, people that transfer in usually feel ill-equipped and think that we are elitist and arrogant.

We are.

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

lol, the irony that the top tier guilds is not the fun place to be heh!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

You know, there’s something to be said for going to one of the bottom three. You definitely get to know your enemy as they don’t change nearly as often. I’m guessing a better, tighter knit community as you don’t have the bandwagoners. That’s an interesting suggestion.

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

Stay on SoR. Next week (really 2 days from now) it will be SoS/SoR/IoJ. I promise you this will be a good match.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Being on Kaineg, it would be of my best intrest to encourage you to come here, but i won’t.

Go Ferg, they’ve lost some guilds and are starting to lean twords the 3rd place position, it would be great if each of the servers were almost tied each week as they have been in weeks past.

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

I wouldn’t put the top three servers so down, there is always a fun fight to be had, but sometimes the pressure to do well is a bit overwhelming.

in WvW

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

LOL @Fisher – Anvil Rock :P << (thats not a ‘i like your comment’ comment, thats a ‘youre kidding, right?’ comment.)

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

(edited by keelaunaw.3285)

in WvW

Fisher.8290

I figured I had three choices:
1. Don’t respond.
2. Put a plug in for Anvil Rock
3. Dis all the other servers, so building up Anvil Rock.

I decided on 2 & 3.

Anvil Rock

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Ehmry Bay.

Low-key West Coast Server. Chill people. WvW focused. Looking to conquer other servers and advance through the ranks.

You decide to join us, send me a msg and i’ll get you introduced around.

- Tzenjin [AoN]

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

As shana says the bottom tier is a balanced and fun matchup. Ferg needs help. An added bonus is that you will always have a challenge day in and day out, no one is rolling over in our tier, a morale boost to ferg can bring them back into the match as they seem to have taken too many hits lately.

Oh shana, if he listens to you, I’ll put the blame on you for this one.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Kinda know what you feel like. As great as T1 EU is, queue times annoy me and all 3 servers are primarily zerg based.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

You remember that fight against NSP? Remember how great that was? Well the core of that server remains, but we need numbers. We are indeed the underdog again, but we’re fighting back. All of our fickle players went to SoR and then Maguuma the week after.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

Seafarers – only medium pop’n server in t3. Instant queues, usually outnumbered but kick kitten

Just be prepared for hordes of very silly germans everywhere, or as we generally call them free badge dispensers (yes kodash/riverside i mean you)

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Thanks for the info guys Testpig and I, amongst others, will be looking into your servers more for a possible transfer.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Any of the servers in tiers 4 and 5 should meet your criteria. Just expect really low populations during off-peak hours as these tiers have very low Oceanic and EU prescence (one of the main reasons they are in tiers 4 and 5).

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Fisher.8290

Please turn your sound up as I am singing this to you …

Can I have my ball?
Can I have my ball?
I kicked it into the tree.
And my ball bounced up,
and my ball dropped in,
to Anvil’s community.

Oh!
Anvil’s community is where we want to be
Everything’s so lovely and our hearts are filled with glee
And when you come to visit you can stand around and see
What a lovely bunch we are in Anvil’s community.

Oh!
Anvil’s community is where we like to be
Our clothes are never dirty and the lawns are always green
And when you come to visit you can stand outside and see
What a tidy bunch we are in Anvil’s community.

Oh!
Anvil’s community is where we’ll always be
Our smiles are white ‘cause we’re inside in comfy custody
And when you come to visit you can stand outside and see

What a smiling bunch we are in Anvil’s community!

Anvil Rock

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

Well, because no one has mentioned it yet, I would invite you to Sorrow’s Furnace. Our ranking has been pretty volatile and we don’t have queue lines except on Prime Time. We’ll be knocked down another tier (or two) as NSP and EB are thrashing us, but we still fight the good fight.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Posted by: DirtyApe.9360

DirtyApe.9360

You remember that fight against NSP? Remember how great that was? Well the core of that server remains, but we need numbers. We are indeed the underdog again, but we’re fighting back. All of our fickle players went to SoR and then Maguuma the week after.

Wait wait, who has come to Mag? Mag has not been in 1st place in any wvw matchup for quite a while. I think maybe you have Mag mixed up with DH but I’m not sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

As a player on Kaineng, I can say that out battles with Ferg and Devona are a blast, and our enemies don’t change daily. We get to know our enemies and it’s quite fun.

However, I transfered to Ferguson’s Crossing for one day this week to get a vista to start my map completion before the free transfers get longer in time, and from my observations assisting them for one day, they had no commanders on for 85% of my time there.

They had some large transfers off, so they could use a good WvW transfer. Their population is healthy enough that you can accomplish a lot, but they are a bit of a mess and could use some uniting.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Wait wait, who has come to Mag? Mag has not been in 1st place in any wvw matchup for quite a while. I think maybe you have Mag mixed up with DH but I’m not sure.

Yeah, I think you are correct. DH is what I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

You want a proper fight with 0 queues and some of the best guilds in game its seafarers. End of.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Thank you everybody for all the info, suggestions, and encouragement(Fisher, ha!). We’re looking a bit deeper into some of the servers mentioned already but we could always use more information and opinions! Thanks for everybody that has contributed to this thread already

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroActive.4057

NeuroActive.4057

Funny how a certain server whines of Transfers and I see someone from the same server openly recruiting an entire guild in this thread. Shame shame…lol I personally hope NO major guilds transfer down because the bottom tiers are just fine the way they are.

No disrespect to you Testpig, more a poke at what seems our arch enemy always complaining, unjustified & untrue I might add, that we have seen a bunch of transfers to us. Good luck on your search.

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

We want competition in the lowest tier, so right now Ferg Crossing has taken a beating for guilds leave for the “big time”. But, any of the bottom three with be glad to have some new faces I’m sure.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

^^^

I love the community in NSP!!. We have lots of fun in WvW even if we are loosing.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Well if you want to be the underdog again. You will be a huge underdog next week
If IoJ wakes up out of its coma and SoS is as strong as I think they are, you’re gonna have alot of issues

in WvW

Fisher.8290

What you need, brother, is a server with character!!! Numbers, mumbers – win, lose, queueueueueue’s, or q’s- who cares??? When you win – you want to be remembered!! Am I right, or am i right?

You need people, brother!!! And I’m not talking about 6 year old C++ programmers or arm-chair assassin wanna-be’s. You want to be with guys that have been around, ya know what I mean?

You need a server with stories to tell!!! Community? Family? Who cares? Give me a circus clown, or a fish boat captain, or a country bumpkin!! Then you’ll get stories!

You want a server with Style! Panache! Charisma!

Anvil Rock

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

Whoever dissed IoJ, I wonder if they really are on our server. One person with a rude response does not represent the entire server. In fact I have had the complete opposite response from people, where if you take the time to explain and send them to our forums they are thankful. Actually the best thing we have going for our server is the people that are willing to be educated. The problem is we just have not done it well yet (educate). Its being worked on right now by the guild W3 leader community and a post will be up soon on our forums.

We have had a major problem with communication but it has been improving and it is comming, people are working on that. I spoke to one guy that is writting a script to automatically announce in /map in LA inviting people to IoJ.net forums / TS.

We do not have ques, we only had ques once that I know of and that was when we were promoted to tier1 and only at the start of the matchup. We have good coverage accross the board although we lack the Euro time slot guild which would be nice.

IoJ needs work but we are not a lost cause as some people here have described us. It would be an excellent option for a guild looking for a great PvE community as well as a strongly developing W3 community. Regardless of how we made it, we made T1 and held our own for the first 4 / 5 days.

The problem is we have a huge percentage of casual W3’ers so educating is taking longer than the top servers (where we have always remained). Its happening as I have said and IoJ would be a great location for any W3 dedicated guild to move to as we still need a little more coverage outsdie of east cost NA primetime.

What would be good for IoJ would be:
100 more regular USA Westcoast players
50 more Eastcoast Aussies W3’ers
150 more Asian timezone
500 more Euro timezone

Diashame – IsleofJanthir

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

(edited by Diashame.6328)

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Hello All!
Thanks for the very informational post, we currently sent out a few members from our guilds to scout out the feel and vibe of each servers WvW community (as well as the PvE presence)

I myself have landed in Borlis Pass, and have been holding in Enternal Battle grounds all day today (from 10AM -4pm est ). On 2 of my toons, Lieph Phylum, and Qute Vex.

Logged in today to find that Borlis owned nothing in EB!, and with a small crew of about 4-8 players, we managed to take back 2 towers, and the Borderkeep. Many players were very willing to follow a new name without having to use the commander tool(surprising).

I then logged on to Qute Vex, and lead the troops as a lowbie, and again, the players on Borlis were very open to follow, and try new tactics. Allowing us to take over and secure all of the Borlis Pass turf, as well as capture Stonemist Castle from GoM while we were under the affect of the outmanned buff all day!

Was a pretty good experience, After which a player with the active commander tool logged on, and i went silent, as to respect the servers current chain of command.

So whoever i was facing today from Anvil Rock, and Gates of Madness, in EB, /Salute.. was some good fights =)

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Sorry to hear that you’re thinking of leaving SoR. I remember your guild from that epic match up we had with NSP a few weeks ago, some good fighting. Was also there for the JQ invasion nonsense that presumably began the events that has you wanting to leave.

What a tragedy that SoR’s new found success may be enjoyed more by new transfer guilds and pathetic bandwagoners who want to be on a 1337 server than the original SoR guilds.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

Far Shiverpeaks would welcome more active WvWvW players and guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Lol i thought it was funny that your guild name is WAR as well.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

@Fisher Anvil is full, 3 hour queue times all the time, and only for the jumping puzzle and grub.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Crystal Desert welcomes more WvWvW guilds too and we have brownies (because everybody else has cookies)

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood