Looking to change servers (Early NA)

in WvW

Posted by: DeKong.6203

DeKong.6203

Hello, i’ve been looking trough the forums but i haven’t found a good answer so far, so i was hoping i could get some help by posting a question.
I’m mainly a WvW player and i am currently on SBI (never changed), but normally i play early NA, in other words, around 12pm EST. At this time, there aren’t alot of players online…
I still got my free transfer, so i’m thinking about maybe changing servers to one with more population at this specific time. I have no interest in going up the Tiers, i know that would be the best choice, but i’d prefer something with less blobs..
I’ve heard SoS has a few Aussies, would be good for me aswell, and CD was suggested aswell but i’m not sure.

I was hoping to get some more info from people who are actually on other servers.
Thank you for your time

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you’re an Aussie, I know of a server that needs your help. But that would require you to move up tiers.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

honestly probably BG, since their coverage is stacked 24/7, but it’s closed. id say Mag, TC or JQ are your best choices. JQ just closed so you’ll have to see.

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

“At this time, there aren’t alot of players online… "

and

“i’d prefer something with less blobs..”

are mutually exclusive concepts.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think you’d like SOS personally. Very busy in the morning ,mid-day, and evening. Not seeing too many dead zones so far with not much blobbing. T4 is not dead as many claim. I can just tell you I left T2 and liking the move so far in the T3-4 range.

I would not recommend any server in T1-2 currently.

There’s a few guilds to chose from on SOS and will publicly recruit, which is very nice to see. Think you’ll find what you are looking for.

CD may work for you as well because they seem to have numbers during the day/night with many havoc crews. Even NS has a few havoc crews who are half way decent at small scale roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

honestly probably BG, since their coverage is stacked 24/7, but it’s closed. id say Mag, TC or JQ are your best choices. JQ just closed so you’ll have to see.

JQ just closed! Anet really are sitting on their hands regarding population calculations. Next thing BG will open.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

CD really starts up around 3 PM PST or so daily (at the end of the EU coverage) all the way through the beginning of EU.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

DeKong.6203

Thank you all for the fast answers!

and

They aren’t, cause there are things in the middle. I don’t want a Blob of 40 people, and when i say there aren’t alot of people online i mean there aren’t enough people online to actually do something, in other words, it’s really deadish. But thanks anyway

CD really starts up around 3 PM PST or so daily (at the end of the EU coverage) all the way through the beginning of EU.

Ahh, then i guess that really wouldn’t work for me.. which kinda sucks, But thanks!

True true, i’d guess Tier 1 servers would mean activity 24/7. But excuse my ignorance, aren’t they like Zerg all day long? Or is there really possiblity for Havoc squads for example?

I think you’d like SOS personally. Very busy in the morning ,mid-day, and evening. Not seeing too many dead zones so far with not much blobbing. T4 is not dead as many claim. I can just tell you I left T2 and liking the move so far in the T3-4 range.

There’s a few guilds to chose from on SOS and will publicly recruit, which is very nice to see. Think you’ll find what you are looking for.

CD may work for you as well because they seem to have numbers during the day/night with many havoc crews. Even NS has a few havoc crews who are half way decent at small scale roaming.

Yea, i’ve heard of SoS, actually played agaisnt them sometimes on SBI, i will consider them don’t know if the community is friend,y though

(edited by DeKong.6203)

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

T1 roaming is 15+ capping ncamp or stay within 1200 range of main tag.

But regarding CD, it’s true. We have a huge gap in that time span of 12pm EST—9pm EST. there are small groups here and there and we can technically queue a map in that time zone during the weekend and depending on the commander that’s tagged up. Otherwise its just like 20 people in team chat working in groups of 2-5 trying to take on the world.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

DeKong.6203

T1 roaming is 15+ capping ncamp or stay within 1200 range of main tag.

But regarding CD, it’s true. We have a huge gap in that time span of 12pm EST—9pm EST. there are small groups here and there and we can technically queue a map in that time zone during the weekend and depending on the commander that’s tagged up. Otherwise its just like 20 people in team chat working in groups of 2-5 trying to take on the world.

Haha, well, that’s normally the time i play… So i dont know if that would be and improvement over SBi. Have to think carefully, but thanks for the answer!
I am more interested in getting fights (havocs) rather then Zergs so…
Being on tier 2, means if i aint on NA prime, where SBi can put up a resistance, then i just see JQ roll us with their zergs 24/7 and it’s hard to havoc around haha

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

My best suggestion is for you to switch from “looking for server” to “looking for guild” or two that wvw in that time zone the way you want to play. Instead of looking for a server, look for a guild that will consistently wvw in the good and the rough patches. With server linkings, and t1 stacking. The shifts will cause aneurysms and more shifting. I think SBI is good spot, you just need to find people to play with. Talk to Djxie, SBI’s one true heir to Bannok. He knows his way through SBI guilds.

Looking for a guild you can possibly get some transfer help to wherever you are going.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

DeKong.6203

My best suggestion is for you to switch from “looking for server” to “looking for guild” or two that wvw in that time zone the way you want to play. Instead of looking for a server, look for a guild that will consistently wvw in the good and the rough patches. With server linkings, and t1 stacking. The shifts will cause aneurysms and more shifting. I think SBI is good spot, you just need to find people to play with. Talk to Djxie, SBI’s one true heir to Bannok. He knows his way through SBI guilds.

Looking for a guild you can possibly get some transfer help to wherever you are going.

Will do! Thanks for the help!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Thank you all for the fast answers!

and

They aren’t, cause there are things in the middle. I don’t want a Blob of 40 people, and when i say there aren’t alot of people online i mean there aren’t enough people online to actually do something, in other words, it’s really deadish. But thanks anyway

Ahh, then i guess that really wouldn’t work for me.. which kinda sucks, But thanks!

True true, i’d guess Tier 1 servers would mean activity 24/7. But excuse my ignorance, aren’t they like Zerg all day long? Or is there really possiblity for Havoc squads for example?

Yea, i’ve heard of SoS, actually played agaisnt them sometimes on SBI, i will consider them don’t know if the community is friend,y though

I’d say its comical in a good way so far with a homey feel I guess. My second account is on SBI and I like them as well. SOS is definitely one of those weirdo servers with funny people you can get along with.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

12 pm EST is the start of EU prime.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

DeKong.6203

12 pm EST is the start of EU prime.

Yea… The best solution would be moving to an EU server, but i’m trying to avoid that, specially cause my friends are on NA..

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

Why are Aussies on SoS – is ping somehow better there? What is considered good ping for Aussies playing NA or EU servers?

in WvW

DeKong.6203

Why are Aussies on SoS – is ping somehow better there? What is considered good ping for Aussies playing NA or EU servers?

I dont believe there is a reason, it just happened and maybe a few guilds from SEA and OCX went there to be together, but i really dont know.
About the ping, i had a friend from SEA and he played with 160-200 ping and it was playable

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Aussies in mmos without a server in Australia tend to nominate a server to congregate on so they will have other players in the times they are playing. IIRC at launch it was SOS and maybe IOJ.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

He knows his way through SBI guilds.

Just be careful you now have to be female and into ERP to join DC now days… lol Heir to Bannok

Stormbluff Isle