Loot chest for winning servers

in WvW

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

How about at the end of each week long match, every player on the server gets a loot chest that rewards, among other things, badges, fireworks/victory ale (or other celebratory reward), exp, silver, karma, etc.

Would that encourage server pride?

(in addition, lock transfers to winning servers until they are no longer a winning server).

in WvW

Posted by: splatomat.9370

splatomat.9370

Yeah, the winning servers need more appeal! Now instead of attracting bandwagoners who want EZ wins and false pride, they can also attract people who want extra loot.

Wait, no. This is an awful idea.

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Yes.

Eliminate the score.

Every 2 days server with the most territory gets a chest.

in WvW

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

I support this idea!

As long as the chest contains nothing but one of those little two-cent party razzers and a note that reads, “Congratulations, your server had more people logged in for more hours of the day and/or abused the largest number of exploits.”

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I support this idea!

As long as the chest contains nothing but one of those little two-cent party razzers and a note that reads, “Congratulations, your server had more people logged in for more hours of the day and/or abused the largest number of exploits.”

They basically already have this!

Its called the highest score in the T1 bracket

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Maybe about 1 yr from now after all the exploiters/hackers are 86’d.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Gaslov.9164

Oh right, we’re supposed to be figuring how to punish the winners, not reward them. Apologies for getting ahead of myself there. Don’t know what came over me.

But on a serious note, I really believe giving a reward chest to everyone on every winning server of each tier would really help drum up spirit for WvW. And honestly, that chest should be made worth winning for.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This is a terrible idea.

Not to mention you already have the puzzle chest all to yourself if you own all of Eternal Battlegrounds.

in WvW

Posted by: Daylos.8640

Daylos.8640

The puzzles in the pvp zones need to be restricted to the faction that controls the garrison in the zone or removed completely. There are too many people wasting slots in the pvp zones doing non-pvp related activities.

in WvW

Gaslov.9164

This idea would soften the blow to dropping a tier as winning the next round nets you a nice reward (but tougher opponents).

(edited by Gaslov.9164)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Oh right, we’re supposed to be figuring how to punish the winners, not reward them. Apologies for getting ahead of myself there. Don’t know what came over me.

The question is what are you rewarding? Winning in itself is meaningless when it is a minority of matches where organization and team work actually brought home the victory, rather than a population imbalance at some part, or all, of the day. Soon as a server looks like it is winning, the transfer crowd hops on over and makes it a huge blowout. Should they be rewarded?

The reward I would be supportive of, is giving a chest to all three servers (size in order of placing) for match-ups where the score is within 10k points, or something along that line. Reward the hard fought, close matches.

This way the transfer crowd can put their parasitic effort towards keeping matches fun and entertaining.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Aakek.8760

Aakek.8760

Yea then people would start throwing matches so they can drop back to win against lower tiers.

Next thing people will be wanting chests from keeps! Well it sure will save on upgrades since we can then play musical keeps like people did in Warhammer.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I agree on the principle of this suggestion but not necessarily a physical loot chest so to speak. The idea behind this suggestion is right. We want everyone that belongs to their server feel that the matter of WvW is something they want to care about.

The current world bonus incentive is not strong enough to make all players on the server want to participate in WvW event because most of them have the mindset of relying on the regular WvW players to earn the bonuses for them. What ever the outcome in the end, it don’t matter as a whole server wide other than pride for those who actively participated in WvW on a daily basis.

I believe this suggestion will also help those lower populated and unmotivated low ranking servers and their players to be more actively participating in WvW.

However there will be an underlying issue to the overall quality of WvW in higher ranking servers that usually have organized guilds commanding. Novice, casuals, and unorganized PUGs will likely try to queue in WvW to help their servers claim the weekly “incentives”.

There is a solution to the above mentioned problem: Make the incentive rewards based on the ranking of the outcome like Gold to Bronze rewards for participating in dynamic events.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in WvW

Gaslov.9164

If you can coordinate an entire server to throw a match and then win the next one, then you deserve the chest reward. Personally, I think that would be as difficult as just winning the current match you’re in.

Secondly, to the concern of switching to the winning server at the last minute: originally server transfers were supposed to have a 1 week lockout from WvW. I would like to see this implimented as well as a lockout to receiving WvW loot chests for one week.

in WvW

Gaslov.9164

Also, let me clarify: when I say loot chest, I mean the chest similar to the one you get for completing your daily and monthly achievement. Except in addition to those rewards, you get gold, karma, experience, and badges (and Gaslov’s Victory Ale).

in WvW

Posted by: Barkey.2609

Barkey.2609

God kitten you people are absolute whiners.

I don’t think he’s saying “Give a free exotic to every person on the winning server!”

He said a chest with frigging party stuff. I see absolutely nothing wrong with giving things like fireworks and boxes of fun to a server that wins. It’s not going to screw up the game. Even then, I don’t see the harm in rewarding a chest to a server that wins on the basis of participation during the week(Say a bronze/silver/gold rating, like in an event?) don’t even make it a big deal. Just like a jump puzzle chest unlock. You can already get 4 jump puzzles if you decide to do them per round, what’s the harm of one more for a weeks worth of work?

So many whiny kittens here.

Aggressive Napkins [MoB] Warrior
Defensive Napkins [MoB] Guardian
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

No, that would be the worst idea so far. It’ll just make people hack even more, and people from the losing servers would transfer to the servers that win the most often leading to some really dead servers.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Posted by: Zyniel.1293

Zyniel.1293

Worst idea ever to mix loot and WvW. Look at what happened on Warhammer Online. Arrangements to get loots and stuff like this in cross factions, turning WvW into a joke.
Just leave loot outside WvW, Tokens/Craft/Karma/Instances. Already too many viable options.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Last day of the match : everyone from server B and C transfers to server A to get the chest.

in WvW

Posted by: Barkey.2609

Barkey.2609

I don’t think a box of fun and some fireworks would have people transferring to a winning server immediately for that one box.

Besides which, server transfers should have stopped being free a while ago. It’s Anet’s problem that they haven’t put some sort of substantial limitation on that stuff.

Aggressive Napkins [MoB] Warrior
Defensive Napkins [MoB] Guardian
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

And why should people who refuse to play WvW, or never do, reap even more rewards without helping at all? That is like beating Zhaitan and everyone in your server gets the chest as well, because that whole server could have helped in his defeat.

There are plenty of rewards as it is, and we don’t need to add more because people want to be rewarded extra for winning. Your rewards come in the huge karma, exp, and gold you gained through taking and holding more objectives consistently.