Lord scaling...

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I believe Lord scaling needs to be toned down. Lord room fights should be about fighting people, not having to fight the Lord for 10 minutes plus players.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I believe Lord scaling needs to be toned down. Lord room fights should be about fighting people, not having to fight the Lord for 10 minutes plus players.

Wolfe, agree and disagree here.

Lord should scale to match the enemy force, but should scale down based on the allies present. You don’t want to further encourage or assist the empty take.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Wolfe, agree and disagree here.

Lord should scale to match the enemy force, but should scale down based on the allies present. You don’t want to further encourage or assist the empty take.

I honestly think the opposite. I think more allies should scale it down because they clearly shouldn’t need much help.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: Topsilog.1824

Topsilog.1824

quite a good idea, they could scale the lord down whenever there are enemies inside the room as well.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

I honestly think the opposite. I think more allies should scale it down because they clearly shouldn’t need much help.

Its 2 AM and work in 4 hours so I am tired so please forgive me. Trying to understand what you meant, so your thoughts are they never ramp up, but start at a base level and then downscale from there based on number of allies? Or am I mis-understanding your idea?

Lord scaling...

in WvW

TheBandit.7031

Its 2 AM and work in 4 hours so I am tired so please forgive me. Trying to understand what you meant, so your thoughts are they never ramp up, but start at a base level and then downscale from there based on number of allies? Or am I mis-understanding your idea?

I think I may have misunderstood what you wrote originally, are you saying that the lord should scale down with more allies present or less?

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lords scale to everyone within the outer walls (and maybe 50m beyond). It’s fun when you attack a lord with 10 people, get it down to 10% fast and then suddenly do like 0.001% HP per hit… because the lord just scaled to a 70 man border zerg that came to defend the keep.

SM is particularly funny when a commander go “5 people stay and kill the lord, we defend!” and take his 50+ zerg to clash with two 50+ zergs. Yeah those 5 people gonna have fuuuuuuun killing a lord that’s probably scaled to 200 people.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

TheGrimm.5624

I think I may have misunderstood what you wrote originally, are you saying that the lord should scale down with more allies present or less?

I am saying scale down with more allies present. But I also want it to scale up if there are no allies present too. It should be challenging if no defenders are present.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Lords scale to everyone within the outer walls (and maybe 50m beyond). It’s fun when you attack a lord with 10 people, get it down to 10% fast and then suddenly do like 0.001% HP per hit… because the lord just scaled to a 70 man border zerg that came to defend the keep.

SM is particularly funny when a commander go “5 people stay and kill the lord, we defend!” and take his 50+ zerg to clash with two 50+ zergs. Yeah those 5 people gonna have fuuuuuuun killing a lord that’s probably scaled to 200 people.

This is a scenario I’ve faced a few times. If you break in and get past the initial wave, the time it takes to kill the lord allows for too many respawning waves. The scaling becomes much worse in three way fights. Then add the E way point and ugg…

It’s not that bad the scaling, it just need to be toned down.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

TheBandit.7031

I am saying scale down with more allies present. But I also want it to scale up if there are no allies present too. It should be challenging if no defenders are present.

Oh sorry about that, I do agree with you. It was also 2am and I guess my brain was broken.

Lord scaling...

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d be down for inverse scaling towards the number of allies and direct for the number of enemies while also reducing the scaling effect radius such that fights happening in the distance do not affect the rate at which a lord dies; it should be based on the number of people actively fighting in the area of the lord.