Love gliding!!!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I have to say gliding in WvW works so well. Before the patch I was very skeptical but after playing around with it I can only see good things with it.
WvW got so much mroe exciting, but not jsut that. I got way more fluid. Moving in and out of keeps, jumping off walls, jumping off cliffs or jumping into towers.

I’m very satisfied with how it turned out.

McKenna and her team rocks!!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I have to say gliding in WvW works so well. Before the patch I was very skeptical but after playing around with it I can only see good things with it.
WvW got so much mroe exciting, but not jsut that. I got way more fluid. Moving in and out of keeps, jumping off walls, jumping off cliffs or jumping into towers.

Agreed. Makes defending and scouting a lot smoother. Response times are now kinda faster too. As soon as the ‘exploits’ of gliding into structures get eliminated, I would love to see gliding stay as a feature. And the gradual introduction of mounts too in future.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

gliding is just another crutch for defenders

placing unreachable siege
prevents attackers from chasing and killing you
pulling players to their death and gliding away…

its kittenty mechanic

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Now that we have gliding I’m convinced the desert borderlands map was designed with this feature in mind. I really think it’s a shame they didn’t add it on release because it would have really helped stem some of the criticism it received about traversing the map.

I think gliding adds a small layer of tactics to WvW, and any variety is good for WvW!!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I am loving killing all you people that glide. So much fun. However I doubt it will last. It is not good for WvW really.

(edited by Malerian.8435)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I am loving killing all you people that glide. So much fun. However I doubt it will last. It is not god for WvW really.

Silly Malerian… BG is god of WvW.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Agreed. Makes defending and scouting a lot smoother. Response times are now kinda faster too. As soon as the ‘exploits’ of gliding into structures get eliminated, I would love to see gliding stay as a feature. And the gradual introduction of mounts too in future.

Yes, ofc there are gonna be a need of some adjustments but i agree these things rly do spice thing sup!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

its kittenty mechanic

I couldn’t find a single new place to deploy siege in a Keep or Tower that you couldn’t place it before the change.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

its kittenty mechanic

I couldn’t find a single new place to deploy siege in a Keep or Tower that you couldn’t place it before the change.

Pro tip: It doesn’t have to be inside the tower or keep wink wink

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

its kittenty mechanic

You descend fast enough for any new siege places to be very farfetched. Besides many places you can reach are already restriced from using siege. Its not gonna be much of a problem.

So far this change has only been good!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Malerian.8435

I am loving killing all you people that glide. So much fun. However I doubt it will last. It is not god for WvW really.

??

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

You descend fast enough for any new siege places to be very farfetched. Besides many places you can reach are already restriced from using siege. Its not gonna be much of a problem.

So far this change has only been good!

Well then I’ll keep using them in those special places

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

??

Your original post stated gliding is not god for WvW. I fixed it.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Malerian.8435

??

Ya I fixed it seconds after I posted it. My phone must like God instead of Good lol

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

??

Ya I fixed it seconds after I posted it. My phone must like God instead of Good lol

Lol! That autocorrect sux.

I figured it was something like that, but couldn’t let it be.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Malerian.8435

??

Lol! That autocorrect sux.

I figured it was something like that, but couldn’t let it be.

Also BG is not God lol. All you do is blob your enemies like Maag lol. Anyone server that big can just blob without much skill. Not saying there are not skilled players on BG, just saying like 80% of your server is just there to hide behind a blob lol.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

its kittenty mechanic

Oh, I’m sure there are open field areas to place siege that might be interesting, but the use cases or pretty limited.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It seems fun so far. The only thing that seem a problem in home BL being to able to def there NET. Maybe blisa can counter that for the attker side.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I’m very happy with gliding as well. I had doubts about it when it was announced. But it has made the game much more fluid as mentioned. Plus it makes desert bl just THAT much more playable than it was before, air keep is actually kinda fun now.

Havent done any zerg fights where gliding was used yet tho, also haven’t seen the new balli shots in use yet.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

“DUDE!!!”

Attachments:

Moonlight [THRU]

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Concidering you can currently abuse the gliding to cap stuff without breaking walls/gates, I’m hoping for a quick nerf/rework atleast.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Concidering you can currently abuse the gliding to cap stuff without breaking walls/gates, I’m hoping for a quick nerf/rework atleast.

Agreed. I imagine that is why they listed it as a test. Hopefully they tweak it to limit the abuse potential.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Broxigar.8594

Broxigar.8594

Disable gliding in combat pls

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Maluk.1376

Maluk.1376

Gliding needs a little bit of tweaking,but I absolutely Love Gliding in WvW,pls keep it!!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Gliding needs a little bit of tweaking,but I absolutely Love Gliding in WvW,pls keep it!!

+1

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I love gliding I feel it is one of the better improvements wvw has seen. It is very smooth and is amazing to help you get to places to defend quickly. It also adds an additional layer to tactics in to wvw bringing more life and fun to it. I hope this is something anet decides to keep in the game.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Gliding is great indeed. And it will save me from many deaths by cliff diving assuming my angel wings will take me safely to the ground while they in fact did not. :p

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: King Latif.6903

King Latif.6903

I like gliding as a feature of WvW, I guess the community is loving the fact you can glide to places to put siege and get to objectives faster, it’s a more smoother way of traversing the map. However (even though I agree with all these positive aspects) I can’t stop thinking about how good gliding could have been. What it COULD have been (there’s still a chance), imagine being able to hold bombs from upgrades of a keep and throwing them on the enemies heads before engaging combat with a zerg. Of course not too much visual bloat as it would increase ping but still dealing damage or even applying condi’s or defects which mean they can’t build siege for 5 seconds ect. Maybe some thing else they could have done would be to add updrafts near the keep as it upgraded, of course this is a dream world. These ideas could be extremely hard implement but these ideas are off the top of my head. It took around 1-2 years to just add these territories with lines on the map that don’t exactly look great… I’m just a bit sad at what they could have done but haven’t, at the end of the day its only the first few days and really a test for the devs. I guess they didnt have the scope to do this with the new expansion coming soon or even they have got ideas going behind the scenes. Any ways great to see some love to WvW recently with many updates

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

King Latif.6903

Also i’ve learnt u can just get through the whole being pulled out the sky when you are not in your on territory by using stab xD (need to fix ASAP anett!!!!!)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Also i’ve learnt u can just get through the whole being pulled out the sky when you are not in your on territory by using stab xD (need to fix ASAP anett!!!!!)

We are aware of the stability issue and are working on a fix.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

King Latif.6903

Alright, nice ^^

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

I love gliding in wvw BUT…… I wish you couldn’t bring out your glider when in combat.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s nice to see Anet get a win.

(300 second flood post is frustrating tho lol)

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Being able to glide to evade is just as valid as using stealth to evade while in combat
just learn to counter it.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

I had doubts, but now that gliding is in: I LOVE IT. It’s a-maaaaa-zing, to just glide down, instead of jumping and getting into “fight” mode from the slightest bug on the terrain. Running even with swiftness is just horrible, so slow it is… or it seems, when can’t wait to just get into fray, into those fights that are the only reason to log in.

There are still bugs, unforeseen pulsing stab skills that allows unintended gliding, map lines that could be a bit more semitransparent, borders moved to better place – even neutral space if needed, and so on. But even if this would be exploited (by gliding into red space), it’s still better, than getting back to the “old ways”, to that looong, slow walk, to get back into action.

Tweak it & keep it.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The best thing about wvw right now =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

ha, even cooler to see Maguuma capture Pangloss camp then go on the hill next to the camp and glide into Ogrewatch (which they don’t own), and capture it without having to set up a single piece of siege. Just glide into the tower from the hill beside it and before the ‘out of bounds’ can bring them out of the sky they are inside the tower. Gotta love it!

… just call me … Tim :)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Glidding and territory were the only decent changes on the last update…..this is the stuff WvW needs.

Tools…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

My first impression is positive. Thanks for this feature in www.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I cna totally see where all of the people are coming from who wanted gliding to be something more than what we got. However, I don’t feel like thats necessary: The main aspect of wvw (in my eyes) is the fighting, caping cvomes second.But fighting is what makes wvw fun.
Gliding is a bonus, and had it been something more it might have affected that part. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. Anyways Im pretty fond of how fights turn out in wvw atm and as such Im increadibly fond of how the gliding turned out!

p.s Theres ofc no stopping anet from giving gliding some siege options like dropping air bombs and stuff. Which sounds pretty fun to me. :P

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

ha, even cooler to see Maguuma capture Pangloss camp then go on the hill next to the camp and glide into Ogrewatch (which they don’t own), and capture it without having to set up a single piece of siege. Just glide into the tower from the hill beside it and before the ‘out of bounds’ can bring them out of the sky they are inside the tower. Gotta love it!

Oh Mags.

WvW Antisec team.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

^this. Makes DBL even more enjoyable then it already was.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

I am having so much fun with the gliding in WvW. I want it to stay (with bugs worked out of course) I love the types of new tactics this creates and the future possibilities of air combat or skills and the addition of counters to those types of mechanics. Keep gliding lets work the kinks out and let’s make more to go with it!

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

guess i’ll be the one to say it.

i don’t like gliding. I’m fine with it being in DBL since it makes much more sense and I don’t play DBL anyways.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Oh Mags. :(

WvW Antisec team.

This is a known issue. McKenna asked another player for a screenshot. That having been said, why does it not surprise me that Magumma would be among the first to exploit this bug? Yep, it definitely does not surprise me at all.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

60 points to be able to glide, when you already did all the masteries is just taking the kitten on the players….

seriously gliding should Not take Anything other than the masteries. Stop adding needless mindnummingly boring grind, to allow us to just have the fun we want :/

frankly i find it offensive and i lost the interest in WvW as i do NOT feel like grinding once again just to perform equally to others..
we already got the high full ascended gear, then high grind for maxing out masteries to get the AP bonus, then Grind to get the WvW points to perform optimally, etc.
its turning into a korean grindathron and it is Awfull

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Fistarius.2496

Fistarius.2496

I only play WvW (4 years) so I never really got to experience gliding. I love it!!! The enemy airspace cured all the problems I could conceive with it… genius! I like the more advantage to the defenders. It has changed little about the game-mode, but what it has changed, simply upped the fun factor a little. That’s why gliders are popular, they are fun. I ask you ANET, please don’t remove gliders from WvW!!!!

Tick Toxic

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I love the gliding in wvw! Thanks so much anet – really helps with the tedium of long running.

Now, if only the community would police itself and stop ruining gliding for everyone – I mean really, does everything have to be used for non-intended purposes?

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Love gliding in WvW!

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Gliding in WvW. Well, it’s kind of meh imo. It doesnt add anything to the type of play at all. Maybe makes it easier for tower defending servers to sit on their siege in impossible places, I dunno