Love gliding!!!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Get rid of territories, it’s annoying having to capture an area in order to glide in it.

And in instances where one owns red keep on EB and someone else owns Orgres, an invisible wall appears, like all those you added to PvE maps, to prevent people from red keep flying in.
And if you own both, the wall is disabled and you can fly in.

And dont say you cant code it, or it’s too complex, cos it isnt for a real dev!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

We are aware of the stability issue and are working on a fix.

I hope you’re looking at all defense abilities and boons that can keep someone in the air when hit with a CC attack. Gliding should be a calculated risk, not a get out of jail free card as it is for some classes/builds.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Get rid of territories, it’s annoying having to capture an area in order to glide in it.

And in instances where one owns red keep on EB and someone else owns Orgres, an invisible wall appears, like all those you added to PvE maps, to prevent people from red keep flying in.

So you’re saying it’s working as intended?

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

No I’m saying imagine if you have redo the heart quests on a map in order to fly near it, and then you have to redo ALL the heart quests in order to fly anywhere on the map.
But then imagine this being on an hour timer (WvW towers and camps can flip within 5-10 minutes minimum) and you having to redo all those all over again in order to glide.

You wouldnt accept that on a PvE map, so why a WvW map?

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

No I’m saying imagine if you have redo the heart quests on a map in order to fly near it, and then you have to redo ALL the heart quests in order to fly anywhere on the map.
But then imagine this being on an hour timer (WvW towers and camps can flip within 5-10 minutes minimum) and you having to redo all those all over again in order to glide.

Because you shouldn’t be able to fly into the enemy’s tower or keep. Plain and simple. It would eliminate siege.

I know there would be some people happy with no siege, but what you are describing is exactly what many of us that were concerned with adding gliding feared, but it is working like we hoped.

Thank you for the science!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

And dont say you cant code it, or it’s too complex, cos it isnt for a real dev!

lol.. seriously?

… just call me … Tim :)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Capturing a tower to be able to access it via gliding has absolutely zero to do with redoing hearts in PvE. zero…

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Capturing a tower to be able to access it via gliding has absolutely zero to do with redoing hearts in PvE. zero…

After re reading this, he MUST be trolling lol…

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

After re reading this, he MUST be trolling lol…

agreed.. :P

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Mortem.5170

Mortem.5170

I too have been enjoying gliding in WvW but it might have been enhanced this week because I was on the Red Team.

I think that gliding gives the Red Team advantages.

Red normally controls the Overlook Keep in Eternal Battlegrounds and it has an advantage that allows the owner of that keep to fly into the Ogre Watch and Veloka Towers. This makes it much easier to defend those towers. Getting into towers that are under attack by zergs is normally almost impossible, but gliding from the Overlook allows easy access.

The Red home borderland also gives some major defensive advantages because the keeps there has greater altitude to fly from. The home borderlands have always had some advantages for the defender, but gliding increases those advantages for the Red Team because of the vertical design of the Desert map.

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I wish they gave us a WvW ability reset before adding Gliding. I foolishly spent all my points just before the patch (yeah, I know I can get more as I rank up but I want it nooooooooooooooowww /stamps foot).

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

I wish they gave us a WvW ability reset before adding Gliding. I foolishly spent all my points just before the patch (yeah, I know I can get more as I rank up but I want it nooooooooooooooowww /stamps foot).

Attachments:

cmc in game

(edited by Cal Cohen.3527)

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ok you are officially the hero of WvW.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Ok you are officially the hero of WvW.

Attachments:

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rabbi Rick.5941

Rabbi Rick.5941

Just in case the pictures are confusing you, there is a WVW ability reset vendor on each borderland in the spawn point. In the Alpine BL, he is in the bank area. I’m not sure where on the Desert BL as I’m not red this week.

Additionally, the vendor will give each character one free point reset, after that, it will cost 25 spirit shards each.

WINGS AWAY!

Rick

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well, don’t I feel silly, I never noticed those guys.

Thanks everyone!

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Gliding has been fantastic so far. If not for ease of movement in your territory, it also brings more value to the glider skins I’ve unlocked via gem store bundles or black lion chests. Before, I could only enjoy my pretty glider like, 5% of my playtime, in cities doing crafting and cooking.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Love gliding!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Koali.7012

Koali.7012

Just came here to say that I too love the gliding. Keep it in wvw!