Low WvW population servers getting the shaft?

in WvW

Posted by: JFLaliberte.5749

JFLaliberte.5749

When faced against servers with double the WvW players, lower population servers are simply getting farmed for ppt. Considering that each kills give ppt, higher population servers seem to get an unfair advantage. As an example, servers with lower population who barely manage to have 30-40 players to defend their BL get wiped by larger population servers who come in with 80 players in that BL. It simply doesn’t work anymore. Ppt should be given according to player ratio. The more players you have, the less ppt you get. It’s just going to make players transfer to higher pop servers and it’ll be screwed up all over again.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Spend real dollars on gems, buy a server transfer to the “Server of the Month” = ANET’s version of RvR.

And Mike O’Brien says… CHA CHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

When faced against servers with double the WvW players, lower population servers are simply getting farmed for ppt. Considering that each kills give ppt, higher population servers seem to get an unfair advantage. As an example, servers with lower population who barely manage to have 30-40 players to defend their BL get wiped by larger population servers who come in with 80 players in that BL. It simply doesn’t work anymore. Ppt should be given according to player ratio. The more players you have, the less ppt you get. It’s just going to make players transfer to higher pop servers and it’ll be screwed up all over again.

I agree completely. Or have a good outnumbered system, perhaps tiered, + local not just map wide outnumbered. They really need to expand on this, not just that, but throw some incentives for the players that are still playing despite these very adverse conditions, to continue doing so.

A simplest thing they could do, is that if a player with the current form of outnumbered gets killed, then he / she would not provide any PPK, which seems very fair.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

The population issue was identified along time ago, but players transferring so they can have fun in wvw makes Anet money – so no real hurry on working on a fix. In the mean time, here: enjoy some more siege.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

anet doesn’t care, well, the players don’t care enough so why should anet care?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Spend real dollars on gems, buy a server transfer to the “Server of the Month” = ANET’s version of RvR.

And Mike O’Brien says… CHA CHING!

Looking like that was their plan all along, cash in on the players misery all along and let them transfer around. Wouldn’t doubt they’d take advantage for a second given their history of not being honest with their players.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

One word YES. All the current crap going on in WvW is because larger servers are pushing what they want. Soon it will only be them in WvW with no one to fight against.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

What, we’re getting a own Staff skin ?!

Sorry, couldn’t resist :p

That might actually have made people transfer to smaller servers, just imagine all the skin hunters running around to small servers, wanting the skin, and then complain that they can’t get it because they’re outnumbered!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Good to see Linked servers working so well.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Good to see Linked servers working so well.

Not that unlinked ones were working anyway…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No but its like doing a kitten job. they should have used population or the pitiful excuse of a scoring system to determine which servers should have been merged with others and then done a full merge instead of this kittenized version of god awful.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

No but its like doing a kitten job. they should have used population or the pitiful excuse of a scoring system to determine which servers should have been merged with others and then done a full merge instead of this kittenized version of god awful.

To be fair, a huge part of the problem isn’t the fault of the linking, but the population. When people move around and transfer left and right, and a huge fair-weather presence that just gets larger over the years as more and more veterans burn out. I don’t envy them for a second to have to try to balance that stuff.

And if they did hard merges we would be stuck with all the same problems we had before, more population/guild stacking, more coverage stacking, less variety in match-up’s, and that we would just be delaying the very same problems we had for hte last 3 years.

The linking isn’t perfect, it is a trade-off between advantages and disadvantages, just as merging would be. So far I still think there is a slight advantage to the linking over merging myself. But to be fair, either case is just a step toward EotM.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Let me guess, you are on DH? I know how you feel…

in WvW

Posted by: Matronpain.9630

Matronpain.9630

I moved my 2 accounts off sfr to smaller servers to try out wvw without the permanent moaning. When I looked into moving again there was suddenly a massive Gem fee and none of the big servers were free.

So, nothing warning people when they move to a smaller server its free.

Nothing saying when they move it will take forever to earn enough to move somewhere else that also has to be a low population server as everything else is ‘full’.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

Not bad for a ‘free’ game.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I moved my 2 accounts off sfr to smaller servers to try out wvw without the permanent moaning. When I looked into moving again there was suddenly a massive Gem fee and none of the big servers were free.

So, nothing warning people when they move to a smaller server its free.

Nothing saying when they move it will take forever to earn enough to move somewhere else that also has to be a low population server as everything else is ‘full’.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

Not bad for a ‘free’ game.

Huh, you could always check the pricess when you look at transfer option. I don’t know what you talking about no warning. One has to be pretty stupid to think that he will leave a FULL server and be able to return to it.

And there was no free transfers for quite a while, how you moved 2 accounts for free? Unless you used the “delete all characters” method I don’t think it was possible.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

One word YES. All the current crap going on in WvW is because larger servers are pushing what they want. Soon it will only be them in WvW with no one to fight against.

All leads back to anet not being transparent or honest about the future. A lot of those bandwagon players are nervous, so they transfer to the big dogs like JQ and Mag not knowing what is going to happen with the worry “I’ll be stuck on a trash server”.

Soon it will be three tiers, then same thing will happen, then two tiers faster than we expected IMO. There’s just too much server stacking and population imbalance going on with anet ignoring the prime issue enjoying the gem transfers.

They’d make an excellent health care provider, ignore the underlying issue and throw pills at it. Just give us money and go away.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Personally I think Anet’s looking to somewhat resolve the issue of server stacking, by stacking all the servers. As the poster above me noted … link servers to find population balances… (no 1 month of data is not enough) and matches will be messed up while they find some sort of balance that is closer than what we used to have. Kinda like tightening the belt.