Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor from 2000 to say 500? Maybe 700 or even 1000? 2000 ranks requires you to play around 3-5 hrs a day in wvw mostly doing player vs door for a year. Any way you guys could reconsider, as I’ve lost motivation and feel it’s an egregious amount especially since I like zerg vs zerg and roaming and not pvd.

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

should have done EOTM pre nerf like all the other diamond heroes

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Why do you want T3 armor?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Others have calculated it would take 2 years to go from 0 to 2000…it’s a reward for those that have put the time into keeping the game mode alive. I’m only just over 200 for playing for about a year, but then I roam a lot rather than zerg, so I’ll have to adjust my playstyle, and have recently joined a guild to get the XP bonuses.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Why do you want T3 armor?

just aesthetics, it looks cool. I almost wouldn’t mind getting rank 2k to get it, if getting such a high rank was skill based in some way. it just feels like pure grind.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I have to agree, 2000 is a bit much, I expected it to be around 500 due tho the hours it takes just to get that far.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Lascax.2163

Lascax.2163

Personally I expected something like 1000 rank, but still I don’t know if the new system will help gain ranks faster ( maybe WvW XP potions in the chests? ).
Requiring a person to play a mode regularly for 2 years seems too much to me ( even Legendary Armor require a lot less ).
I get it that it’s a mode that you should keep on playing, but I think that the reward should be more tied to the continuous reward you can get ( like the Pip system we already have, or reinstating Bonus WvW Chests in some form ).
I’ve not played WvW a lot but I did participare in the WvW tournaments intensively and did most of the achievements then ( except the dolyak ones, far from the regular WvW zergs ) and still have Rank 237. I don’t mind playing a lot of WvW to get some of those pieces, but 2000 is so far that it’s not even an incentive, especially for new players.

(edited by Lascax.2163)

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

im rank 2700..and I played wvw only for 4.5 years 1300 hours prox

in WvW

meltdown.5870

1001 days that is

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Lascax.2163

Lascax.2163

god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more

They should be rewarded in a continuous way. Requiring years of playing a single mode on a modern MMo to get a skin is really not an incentive to newer players. I’m not saying that they should be gifted, but that they should be accessible.
It’s like the rewards for the 30k+ APs: they’re so niche and unreachable that people don’t even care. If you want a mode to prosper, you should give incentive and getting a really long grind spanning to even the year scale is not selling the mode to anyone.

These Rewards should be used to make WvW prosper and interesting to players, not to create further distance between Veterans and Newcomers.

in WvW

meltdown.5870

my guess it will take 3 years with 2-3 hours of wvw every..day to reach rank 2000

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

You know, it seems like it’s been a long time since I’ve seen any enemy players running around with Gold or Platinum WvW ranks….been mostly Silver or below, but maybe we’ll see them return to collect some goodies now.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Erm, if 2-3 hours, let see. Less than a year unless you are playing in hours that have no people to kill.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: BlackOcean.6903

BlackOcean.6903

I’m not much of a WvW person but i got to 433 rank in these 4-5 years(roaming 90% of the time). I would like to ask some hardcore WvW player how many ranks you get per day or week so I can understand the 2k number. I know i have a hard time to do the 2WvW lvl daily if i only roam, and join a zerg to get it done or it takes me quite a bit of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Not sure what the big deal is…..yea, so a rank of 2k is required. I will probably never get that, as I am a very casual player. But hey, I can still craft it right now, minus the ‘particle effects’. /shrug

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

I’ve gotten around ~20 ranks since the patch. Do the math. Its not that hard to get the ranks if you really get into wvw for a while. Rank requirement is fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

People are so focused only on the end ascended items.

People. There are TIERS of rewards. Three of them

Newcomers get the triumphant set and t1 weapons.

Then experienced wvwlders start getting the t2 armor and eventually the weapons.

People that have stuck with the game mode for a long time get the t3 armor.

Its not like if your not getting the t3 armor your getting nothing from it.

Don’t ignore everything else there.

This isn’t supposed to be something people do for the skins. Its a reward for people that play and love the game mode as a whole. The skins aren’t supposed to be the goal here. Its a REWARD for sticking with something for a long time.

The GOAL is to play and enjoy the game mode. If the skins become the goal and are made easier to get then the game mode will be filled with farmers for a short while before they all immediately dissapear agian.

Is the 2k rank minimum for the FINAL REWARDS gonna turn people off? Maybe,…probably..GOOD.

But it will give people that are dedicated to the game mode something to look forward to.

And it may encourage other people to try the game mode and realize they love it.

As such. I STRONGLY disagree with anyone attempting to lower the rank limit.

If this seems super out of hand for you and turns you off from the game mode. You weren’t going to stay there long anyway.

Dont salivate over the new pair of boots and make that your reason for existing. Let it be something you would have gotten anyway for doing something you enjoy and it makes sense.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

sorry man 360 hours in 5 years is not a lot…

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Then experienced wvwlders start getting the t2 armor and eventually the weapons.

This isn’t supposed to be something people do for the skins. Its a reward for people that play and love the game mode as a whole. The skins aren’t supposed to be the goal here. Its a REWARD for sticking with something for a long time.

The GOAL is to play and enjoy the game mode. If the skins become the goal and are made easier to get then the game mode will be filled with farmers for a short while before they all immediately dissapear agian.

Is the 2k rank minimum for the FINAL REWARDS gonna turn people off? Maybe,…probably..GOOD.

But it will give people that are dedicated to the game mode something to look forward to.

And it may encourage other people to try the game mode and realize they love it.

If this seems super out of hand for you and turns you off from the game mode. You weren’t going to stay there long anyway.

Dont salivate over the new pair of boots and make that your reason for existing. Let it be something you would have gotten anyway for doing something you enjoy and it makes sense.

You nailed it. In this game especially a lot of people forget about the journey and focus only on the destination.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

No, stop this. This is for WvW players and you should invest time in here.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I’ve been playing games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

I’ve been played games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

I’ve gotten 20 ranks today in about 4 hours, do the math. It does not take 2000 hours to get 2000 ranks.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Well said. When the patch was first talked about, I thought the armor and other tiers, rewards and such were an interesting idea…..BUT……that is not why I play that game mode. I play wvw for the sheer fun of it. Sure, the rewards and tiers will be nice, but that is not required by me to play the mode. Now, if it all attracts more players to that game mode that find that they really enjoy it…..excellent!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

If anything it should go up!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

I’ve been played games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

I’ve gotten 20 ranks today in about 4 hours, do the math. It does not take 2000 hours to get 2000 ranks.

Don’t bother, look at this post histories, he complained about raid too. He just want baby effort mode.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

kittened as a roamer. Playing from start and on rank 1001.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I think the rank is perfectly acceptable. I’m around rank 3700 personally from actually playing WvW since I started playing the game. I had to go to PvE land for my legendaries and ascended gear and spent a TON of time in PvE that I was forced to do because of it. PvE players need to just deal with the amount of work you need to do for the WvW rewards just like we had to deal with the amount of work it took in boring PvE to get the things we needed from there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You forget that not everybody is running ktrain 24/7.
I’ve played hardcore WvW for at least 2 years at around 3-4 hrs of WvW each day, I’m not even at rank 1000 and I won’t let anybody tell me that I’m not dedicated enaugh or don’t deserve the rewards yet.
Even if you are rank 1000 you’ve spent a dozen times more hours in this gamemode than any PvE or PvE player respectively.
You just can not possibly tell me that playing daily for 5 years straight is a good requirement.

I’ve also made over 20 ranks since the patch, but that’s with birthday booster and the highest player participation since the last tournament. That is in not a single way representative for your average WvW life.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

I’ve been playing games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

140 more hours in wvw in the last 5 minutes. impressive. sounds like you just want easy mode handouts. I hate grind in MMOs but this one isnt even bad if you actually played wvw consistently. At least come in with a valid argument and dont change your story. 360 hours in 5 years means you played 72 hours of wvw a year… please. ANET PLZ JUST GIMME LEGENDARY I PLAY WvW for 6 hours a month!

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

No, not at all…I spend 1-2 hrs a night roughly, and get anywhere from 0-2 ranks. I am a roaming scout on a low-pop server and play late at night PST. My participation score usually does not hit the cap. Up until now, I was not a member of a guild nor used any other XP bonuses on a regular basis. I’ve had fun, though…no complaints…I think the T3 cap is just fine, myself. I already have crafted my Ascended armor…just have a weapon or two to finish and I’m set.

in WvW

Teon.5168

No it’s not. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game. Maybe he/she plays only an hour or so a night, does some slow paced roaming or whatever, doesn’t remember to run any wvw bonuses, takes frequent breaks, etc….

There have been many nights when I just got 1 level out there….because of the way I was playing (breaks, talking to wife, reorganizing drops, etc). Sure, most of the times I am out there, I will get more than 2-4 levels…..but some nights I just play relaxed and laid back and don’t care about levels at all. (Most of the time I don’t even pay attention to levels until I quit for the night).

/shrug

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

They should be rewarded in a continuous way. Requiring years of playing a single mode on a modern MMo to get a skin is really not an incentive to newer players. I’m not saying that they should be gifted, but that they should be accessible.

Most of the stuff in the game is pretty accessible, not every single thing has to cater to the sort of Skinner box victims who have to be given “incentives” to actually bother to play the game.

If you want a mode to prosper, you should give incentive and getting a really long grind spanning to even the year scale is not selling the mode to anyone.

The mode won’t prosper from the sort who are only there for shiny things, the only tiny benefit to the mode would be a small percentage of those who haven’t tried it properly may find they quite enjoy it and stay, but really that pales into insignificance compared to the damage done to the mode by them neglecting the actual issues with it, and number of players who have left because of that.

These Rewards should be used to make WvW prosper and interesting to players, not to create further distance between Veterans and Newcomers.

Rewards only make a game mode interesting to a certain niche of player, gameplay is what actually makes a game prosper.

Frankly the people who play games primarily for “rewards” are a tumour on gaming and one of the reasons the MMORPG genre is in the state it is.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

I’ve played hardcore WvW for at least 2 years at around 3-4 hrs of WvW each day, I’m not even at rank 1000 and I won’t let anybody tell me that I’m not dedicated enaugh or don’t deserve the rewards yet.
Even if you are rank 1000 you’ve spent a dozen times more hours in this gamemode than any PvE or PvE player.

I’ve also made over 20 ranks since the patch, but that’s with birthday booster and the highest player participation since the last tournament. That is in not a single way representative for your average WvW life.

Unsure what you’ve been doing for two years, i play for 2-3 hours a night and get 3-4 ranks minimum an hour. If you play 3-4 hours a day to not even be at 1k you have to be not getting ranks at all when you play, which is nearly impossible if you’re actually playing. You can literally run around for 20 minutes capping camps and sentries and get a rank or two.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Don’t bother, look at this post histories, he complained about raid too. He just want baby effort mode.

U should read my posts I didn’t complain about them cuz I thought they were hard lol

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

No it’s not. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game. Maybe he/she plays only an hour or so a night, does some slow paced roaming or whatever, doesn’t remember to run any wvw bonuses, takes frequent breaks, etc….

There have been many nights when I just got 1 level out there….because of the way I was playing (breaks, talking to wife, reorganizing drops, etc). Sure, most of the times I am out there, I will get more than 2-4 levels…..but some nights I just play relaxed and laid back and don’t care about levels at all. (Most of the time I don’t even pay attention to levels until I quit for the night).

/shrug

Exactly…thanks, Teon!

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

140 more hours in wvw in the last 5 minutes. impressive. sounds like you just want easy mode handouts. I hate grind in MMOs but this one isnt even bad if you actually played wvw consistently. At least come in with a valid argument and dont change your story. 360 hours in 5 years means you played 72 hours of wvw a year… please. ANET PLZ JUST GIMME LEGENDARY I PLAY WvW for 6 hours a month!

OK I’m rank 364 u do the math? 300 hrs 400hrs ,500hrs which number seems about right? How many hours do u think it takes a veteran gamer to master this game mode?! how many more hours until it becomes egregious? How many more hours after that until you get the reward?

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Grab a booster and quit complaining big boi

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Teon.5168

Most of the stuff in the game is pretty accessible, not every single thing has to cater to the sort of Skinner box victims who have to be given “incentives” to actually bother to play the game.

If you want a mode to prosper, you should give incentive and getting a really long grind spanning to even the year scale is not selling the mode to anyone.

The mode won’t prosper from the sort who are only there for shiny things, the only tiny benefit to the mode would be a small percentage of those who haven’t tried it properly may find they quite enjoy it and stay, but really that pales into insignificance compared to the damage done to the mode by them neglecting the actual issues with it, and number of players who have left because of that.

Rewards only make a game mode interesting to a certain niche of player, gameplay is what actually makes a game prosper.

Frankly the people who play games primarily for “rewards” are a tumour on gaming and one of the reasons the MMORPG genre is in the state it is.

Very well said.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

U should read my posts I didn’t complain about them cuz I thought they were hard lol

You did, you complained about how hard to find a raid group while boosting about the irrelevant things, perhaps to prove your worth. Regardless, it is complain about how hard at something. My advise for you, play a single player game.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

5 ranks per hour? 25,000 points an hour? That’s a rank every 12 minutes. Can we all move to your server and you can tell us how you did it, and will continue to do it for the next 2000 ranks.

Most people are lucky to rank up once an hour, or even less on quieter servers before today.

I’m on about 2300 ranks after 5 years of playing- but then I didn’t spend all my time spamming 1 at the front of the choo choo train and scouted, flipped camps and generally play in quieter times.

Even in peak times 2 to 3 ranks an hour is extremely rare.

Realistically 2000 ranks will take most people at least 1000 hours, and probably double that.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I could see Rank 2k for legendary armor, but for ascended? Nah.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Actually, the majority of my ranks are from roaming with a 5 man group. We generally played 5 days a week for 3 hours a night, some nights longer if it was a lot of fun. This has been how we’ve been playing together for 4 years. I have never been one to zerg around with any ktrain blobs.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Rank requirement is fine, if you played WvW for the past few years, you get rewarded.

End of the story.

Edit: I am at ~1570 btw.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Grab a booster and quit complaining big boi

I hate to even contemplate the amount of time I have spent in wvw without any boosters running….lol. And that was back when I was on an unlinked tier 8 server that had very little wvw action.

Now I remember all the time….guild hall booster, xp booster, bday booster……it is amazing the sort of difference those boosters make to one gaining levels in a much, much faster manner.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

5 ranks per hour? 25,000 points an hour? That’s a rank every 12 minutes. Can we all move to your server and you can tell us how you did it, and will continue to do it for the next 2000 ranks.

Most people are lucky to rank up once an hour, or even less on quieter servers before today.

I’m on about 2300 ranks after 5 years of playing- but then I didn’t spend all my time spamming 1 at the front of the choo choo train and scouted, flipped camps and generally play in quieter times.

Even in peak times 2 to 3 ranks an hour is extremely rare.

Realistically 2000 ranks will take most people at least 1000 hours, and probably double that.

Taking camps/sentries/towers/the occasional keep, fighting other groups of players, you know…actually playing wvw. The t3 armor is something that’s supposed to be somewhat prestigious and an indicator that you’ve played wvw actively and dedicated time to it. Its not something you should be able to get overnight or just by playing for an hour a night for a few weeks. The rank requirement is fine, its not even that high tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I passed 2k this weekend so I’m feeling pretty good about the req :^)

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser