Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

2k issuitable for earning legendary armor but ascended 500-1000 is plenty i mean sure plenty of people already have over 2k but people who want to wvw now for rewards must do it for nearly 2 years to get a weeks worth of fractal farming done?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

2k issuitable for earning legendary armor but ascended 500-1000 is plenty i mean sure plenty of people already have over 2k but people who want to wvw now for rewards must do it for nearly 2 years to get a weeks worth of fractal farming done?

But it is a exclusive wvw skin, why would you farm ascended in wvw anyway? PvE is hell lot faster.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I thought commander could give you a promotion when you are a scout to get some of their groups wxp? The legendary rank requirement seems lower than the armor requirement. Then again the t3 wvw armor is more for the hardcore wvwers. Think its 350 rank needed to finish the wvw legendary backslot. The average wvw is around rank 280 (https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank). I thought the legendary would be the main thing to draw in players into wvw not the prestige armor :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For what it’s worth:

• I’m currently rank ~500.
  • I’ve played wvw every month since launch, sometimes hardly at all, sometimes daily.
  • I’ve played all the ‘seasons’, participated in small- and large-guild WvW.

And I think the requirement is perfect.

This is a reward for those who have dedicated more of themselves to the game mode and been left out of most of the newer shinies. It’s also a great long term goal for me. If the requirement were 500, well, I’d be grinding it out over the shortest possible period and be done with it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

I really don’t see what the fuss is about, I am well geared, play WvW on a daily basis for fun, and I still am going to play with my guild. So really no loss for me, gives me some thing to work towards, I don’t need it right away.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Honestly…

It’s prestige armor. It shouldn’t have a low rank. 2k is a reasonable target. It’s not like you don’t have stuff to work towards through the pip system without having the rank to target the prestige armor, including the Ascended armors, the associated skins (which you need for prestige armor anyway), and other goodies.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

No it’s not. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game. Maybe he/she plays only an hour or so a night, does some slow paced roaming or whatever, doesn’t remember to run any wvw bonuses, takes frequent breaks, etc….

There have been many nights when I just got 1 level out there….because of the way I was playing (breaks, talking to wife, reorganizing drops, etc). Sure, most of the times I am out there, I will get more than 2-4 levels…..but some nights I just play relaxed and laid back and don’t care about levels at all. (Most of the time I don’t even pay attention to levels until I quit for the night).

/shrug

I’m a roamer and I get more than 1 rank every single time I play (without any boosters). I’m sorry but if you can’t play more than 1hr per night and can’t get more than 1 rank per night… You’re just being entitled. These rewards require time investment and expecting kitten to be giving out to you because you haven’t been able to get the rank required in almost 5yrs of this gamemode is not a valuable input.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This is meant to be a reward for playing the game mode. ANet upheld that very clearly with the rank requirement.

If people are so salty, fine, here’s a solution.

Have the armor and legendary skins only work in WvW and LA.

Now there’s only incentive to get it for the people who play WvW a lot.

And then the populations will die again because the combat is actively keeping people away from it. Sound good?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor from 2000 to say 500? Maybe 700 or even 1000? 2000 ranks requires you to play around 3-5 hrs a day in wvw mostly doing player vs door for a year. Any way you guys could reconsider, as I’ve lost motivation and feel it’s an egregious amount especially since I like zerg vs zerg and roaming and not pvd.

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

No, if you’re only rank 364 you havent done that much. Its a reward for dedicated players and so it should remain

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

We all had to work hard for our 3k ranks in WvW without EOTM, so why should you get it for free………..

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Eye ageee, dis iz 2 much i room 100 persent ov time no zerglings no ktrane no ppt just fight i downt even finnish as all i do iz fight and am rank 1 aftr 4 yers an 7000 owers all wvw so dis iz 2 hi an i will nevr get stuf as i no zerg it shud b 4 playes dat play knot zergs an pve playes hoo just kitten 4 shinis

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

IMO rank should be increased to 10 k
If i want legendary armor i need pve for 1 year, so pve players should need also 1 year of wvw

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor from 2000 to say 500? Maybe 700 or even 1000? 2000 ranks requires you to play around 3-5 hrs a day in wvw mostly doing player vs door for a year. Any way you guys could reconsider, as I’ve lost motivation and feel it’s an egregious amount especially since I like zerg vs zerg and roaming and not pvd.

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

No, if you’re only rank 364 you havent done that much. Its a reward for dedicated players and so it should remain

really playing a game for 300+ hours for one type of game mode isnt that much? show me another game in which you cannot absolutely destroy in the same amount of play time?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

GROMIT.7829

IMO rank should be increased to 10 k
If i want legendary armor i need pve for 1 year, so pve players should need also 1 year of wvw

A tad excessive but totally behind the point.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

really playing a game for 300+ hours for one type of game mode isnt that much? show me another game in which you cannot absolutely destroy in the same amount of play time?

League of legends, Hearthstone, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft. What other genre you want ?

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

No it’s not. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game. Maybe he/she plays only an hour or so a night, does some slow paced roaming or whatever, doesn’t remember to run any wvw bonuses, takes frequent breaks, etc….

There have been many nights when I just got 1 level out there….because of the way I was playing (breaks, talking to wife, reorganizing drops, etc). Sure, most of the times I am out there, I will get more than 2-4 levels…..but some nights I just play relaxed and laid back and don’t care about levels at all. (Most of the time I don’t even pay attention to levels until I quit for the night).

/shrug

I’m a roamer and I get more than 1 rank every single time I play (without any boosters). I’m sorry but if you can’t play more than 1hr per night and can’t get more than 1 rank per night… You’re just being entitled. These rewards require time investment and expecting kitten to be giving out to you because you haven’t been able to get the rank required in almost 5yrs of this gamemode is not a valuable input.

I was responding to your statement about it being next to impossible to only get 1 level during playtime. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game, and neither do I. I was just presenting how one could play wvw for that period of time and not rack up multiple levels.

Not sure how you went from that to some sort of sense of entitlement. I am perfectly fine with the 2k line on the T3 stuff. And I am perfectly fine with whatever levels I may or may not get while playing wvw.

At my age, the game is a pleasant diversion for me, and that’s it. I rarely get serious, in any way, shape, or form, about a video game anymore. It is just a way of having some mindless fun with friends after the work day for me.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Jesus, people on both sides of this are being ridiculous. There are players in this thread claiming that

• 3-4 hours of WvW a night, every night, for years is just “average” play. Are you kidding? That’s so far beyond the average gamer. Stop with your elitism already, its disgusting quite frankly.
  • Rank 2,000 is way too high, because “I’ll never be able to earn it with how I like to play”. Well tough luck. You have to play the game mode to get the rewards that are specific to that game mode.

Both sides of this are being just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. The elitism needs to stop, now. The whining because you have to play WvW to get WvW rewards needs to stop, now.

That said, I do agree that the rank requirement is too high. 1,500 would be a lot better in my opinion. And before anyone comes in here crying about how I “want handouts”, take a step back and think about it. Actually think about the work required to get to rank 2,000 in WvW. How long did it take you guys? 1 year? 2 years? 3, or even 4, years? Compare that to legendary armor, what is supposed to be the best/hardest to obtain armor set in the entire game, which can be completed in 12 weeks. Hell, bump that up to 20 weeks to give you time to learn every fight and find a static group. 20 weeks to obtain legendary armor, versus years of work in WvW (and mind you, after you learn the raid fights, its only a few hours per week, instead of 3-4 hours every night) to get to rank 2,000 and be able to get your entire T3 armor set.

The amount of work required is exponentially greater than that to obtain comparable rewards in the other game modes. And that is not acceptable. You can go on all you want about how veterans need to be rewarded and what not, but guess what, you’d still earn the rewards if the rank requirement was lowered. You can go on and on about how people with low ranks just want their rewards faster and aren’t really dedicated to WvW. Well what about people who are new to WvW? Just because they are new doesn’t mean they aren’t dedicated. But you are still content with requiring them to dedicate hours of work every day, for years potentially, just to earn this armor.

This is not ok. The WvW rewards shouldn’t require so much more time invested than the PvE or the PvP rewards. They just shouldn’t. Its asinine honestly. And a slap in the face if you think about it. Stop with your elitism already. The amount of work required for these rewards is much too high considering the amount of work required for the comparable rewards in other game modes. Much too high. It needs to be toned down, and reducing the rank requirement to 1,500 is a good way to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

If you have not hit 2000 WvW ranks yet you are either new or a pver. So get good and wvw more and be patient. Didn’t see WvWers complain about the PvP or the PvE armors lmao. Stop being carebears.

Rai
OCX Commander

in WvW

Posted by: vladAnco.8304

vladAnco.8304

No, no and still one time NO. I’m rank 860 and as WvW player, I would like to see some goals, which I have to achieve.
PvE or PvP guys, you have enough stuff to farm. Moreover, its MORE rewarded than WvW, so please – DONT cry. Its not for you as same as PvE or PvP ist not for WvW players.

in WvW

GROMIT.7829

No, no and still one time NO. I’m rank 860 and as WvW player, I would like to seesome goals, which I have to achieve.
PvE or PvP guys, you have enough stuff to farm. Moreover, its MORE rewarded than WvW, so please – DONT cry. Its not for you as same as PvE or PvP ist not for WvW player.

Elitist WvW’r approves this message.

in WvW

Posted by: Mel.5821

Mel.5821

Getting all rewards seems to take ~110 weeks anyway. If you get the diamond chest every week for 110 weeks you will be 4000+ easily (as long as you dont cheese the pips with some afk farm strategy).

in WvW

GROMIT.7829

Getting all rewards seems to take ~110 weeks anyway. If you get the diamond chest every week for 110 weeks you will be 4000+ easily (as long as you dont cheese the pips with some afk farm strategy).

Nuts i’ve been rumbled.

in WvW

Mel.5821

This is a MMO, MMOs are supposed to last years, especially if you are completionist and want everything

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

2000 rank is fine. it provides some long term goals. also it shows ANet appreciation towards the loyal wvw veterans who stay with the game despite so many years of neglect.

mine is around 1350+ , still a long way off. but nvm, i’ll get there one day…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

What makes you a loyal wvw veteran? I play 1-3 hours every day in wvw and I’m far away from rank 2000. Maybe I should have blobbed or karma trained more?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

This is a MMO, MMOs are supposed to last years, especially if you are completionist and want everything

I think its too much time for a skin, anything taking more then 500+ hours is gross and i feel repulsed, its having the opposite effect on me, instead of wanting to play wvw, I’m finding that i don’t want to play the game at all. And yes I do only play game modes for rewards, (I do not nor have I ever played a game to enjoy the game, my enjoyment of the game comes from obtaining rewards, at least in mmo’s) if there are no rewards I tend to not play the game mode, and this is too much, for a game mode I would otherwise play. If obtaining the reward was more reasonable or even realistic in that I could obtain it sometime within this year I would consider it, but its not which is why I think they should lower the requirements. Since this is a skin I specifically want for my main (i know personal issue) its making me not want to play at all. but I guess if the response is i should leave, qq some place else then fine i guess when wvw goes back to being deserted again in a couple of weeks nobody will be surprised.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Mel.5821

You are not supposed to work towards the skin, you are supposed to play WvW regulary and enjoy the reward when it is time for it. Maybe Anet should hide the vendor tabs completly until you qualify for buying from them to prevent people grinding just for the reward.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

You are not supposed to work towards the skin, you are supposed to play WvW regulary and enjoy the reward when it is time for it. Maybe Anet should hide the vendor tabs completly until you qualify for buying from them to prevent people grinding just for the reward.

who are you to tell me how to play the game or how to enjoy it? I mean think about it adding armor serves 2 purposes,
1) reward dedicated players
2) attract new players to play a lot more then they normally would (that would be me, even though I’ve played it a lot im still in this category)

at 2k rank it falls short, sure the dedicated players are fine but the 2nd group is too daunted, if you lowered the requirement then the dedicated players still get there reward, and the new players have something to work towards thats at least realistic. Why does anyone care about lowering the requirements, as you all said you played for the love of the game mode, so what do you care if a reward you didn’t even have before is slightly easier to get?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Mel.5821

I have been working several years as a Game Designer (now moved to a more lucrative job) myself. If you are in the industry for a few years you can see the intention of things without them being explained to you.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I have been working several years as a Game Designer myself. If you are in the industry for a few years you can see the intention of things without them being explained to you.

oh so its intentional that players are repulsed by the amount of effort, as opposed to motivated or reinvigorated to pursue the carrot?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Mel.5821

I have been working several years as a Game Designer myself. If you are in the industry for a few years you can see the intention of things without them being explained to you.

oh so its intentional that players are repulsed by the amount of effort, as opposed to motivated or reinvigorated to pursue the carrot?

There are a lot of rewards to choose from, if you aim for the highest tier of reward from the get go you have noone to blame but yourself.
And “play as I want” is sadly an illusion, these games are doctored to give an illusion of choice, but there is no real choice.

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrium.2174

Hydrium.2174

The 2k rank is fine , this is a WVW update , the armor and backpack is ment to reward wvw players not the players that just jump now for a few days. PVE and PVP have their own legendarys.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Are you seriously trying to argue that anyone who doesn’t play just like you, with the exact same motivations you have, is playing the game wrong? Some people want to go for the skin, not the journey. Its not your place to tell them they are playing the game wrong and to suck it up, because they should enjoy the game the same way you enjoy it.

Get your kitten elitism out of here already.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

The 2k rank for asc armor is absolutely ridiculous and should be lower. There is absolutely no justification against this statistic:

I’ve been playing this game for just over 3 years now. The vast majority of my time (probably in excess of 80% of my time) has been spent in wvw. I do roam and havoc but also zerg, probably more on the zerg side of things. I’m rank 1540.

Honestly, I don’t even care what rank I am at this point, the time alone that I’ve put in merits me being able to clear any possible hurdle required for wvw-based rewards. (with exception of newly introduced currency, of course).

The rank requirement for the t3 armor should be between 500 and 1000. 2000 is excessive and demonstrates a clear lack of perception on the dev’s part as to how long it takes to rank up.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Are you seriously trying to argue that anyone who doesn’t play just like you, with the exact same motivations you have, is playing the game wrong? Some people want to go for the skin, not the journey. Its not your place to tell them they are playing the game wrong and to suck it up, because they should enjoy the game the same way you enjoy it.

Unfortunately, trying to argue logically with this sort of mindset is just a complete waste of time, Ori.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

Jesus, people on both sides of this are being ridiculous. There are players in this thread claiming that

• 3-4 hours of WvW a night, every night, for years is just “average” play. Are you kidding? That’s so far beyond the average gamer. Stop with your elitism already, its disgusting quite frankly.
  • Rank 2,000 is way too high, because “I’ll never be able to earn it with how I like to play”. Well tough luck. You have to play the game mode to get the rewards that are specific to that game mode.

Both sides of this are being just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. The elitism needs to stop, now. The whining because you have to play WvW to get WvW rewards needs to stop, now.

That said, I do agree that the rank requirement is too high. 1,500 would be a lot better in my opinion. And before anyone comes in here crying about how I “want handouts”, take a step back and think about it. Actually think about the work required to get to rank 2,000 in WvW. How long did it take you guys? 1 year? 2 years? 3, or even 4, years? Compare that to legendary armor, what is supposed to be the best/hardest to obtain armor set in the entire game, which can be completed in 12 weeks. Hell, bump that up to 20 weeks to give you time to learn every fight and find a static group. 20 weeks to obtain legendary armor, versus years of work in WvW (and mind you, after you learn the raid fights, its only a few hours per week, instead of 3-4 hours every night) to get to rank 2,000 and be able to get your entire T3 armor set.

The amount of work required is exponentially greater than that to obtain comparable rewards in the other game modes. And that is not acceptable. You can go on all you want about how veterans need to be rewarded and what not, but guess what, you’d still earn the rewards if the rank requirement was lowered. You can go on and on about how people with low ranks just want their rewards faster and aren’t really dedicated to WvW. Well what about people who are new to WvW? Just because they are new doesn’t mean they aren’t dedicated. But you are still content with requiring them to dedicate hours of work every day, for years potentially, just to earn this armor.

This is not ok. The WvW rewards shouldn’t require so much more time invested than the PvE or the PvP rewards. They just shouldn’t. Its asinine honestly. And a slap in the face if you think about it. Stop with your elitism already. The amount of work required for these rewards is much too high considering the amount of work required for the comparable rewards in other game modes. Much too high. It needs to be toned down, and reducing the rank requirement to 1,500 is a good way to do that.

Wonderfully well stated, and logically thought out.

Well said, OriOri.

With that said, the only reason I find the 2k, or a 1.5k or 1k line acceptable, is that I know I will never get there with the time I have to play, and I don’t care about getting it.

But I certainly can see your points about it…..it should be on par with PvE high end rewards.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

You are comparing legendary gear to a skin, they are not of the same category and purpose. Just like the exclusive pvp skin made for ESL players, the WvW skin is made for long term WvW players. You want it then work for it. You are not gonna get a switchable stats, you are not gonna get swappable runes. It is really a skin to tell everyone you have play WvW much.

Do you know what is elitism? You join a raid, if you dps does not reach the mark or you make mistakes, they kick you, that is elitism. You join high level fotm and if you don’t do the required dps or simply keep dying, you get kicked. I am part of that elitism, well, sometimes and I am not gonna pretentious about not being part of it.

However, In WvW, if you pull the tactivator randomly, if you use the siege wrongly, if you throw random sieges, if you rally bot someone or so on, the most you get is verbal attacks but you will never be forced out of the map because that is simply impossible to do so.

Now, stop abusing the word elitism and if you do continue to use that, I would have to call you self entitled.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

He isn’t wrong though. ANet didn’t design the game to be begrudgingly played to get rewards, they designed it to be fun and I certainly do find the combat system at its basic and core to be justly so.

He’s saying people should be playing the mode because it’s fun and enjoyable not because all they care about is some long term skin. We had this exact same discussion back when legendary armour came out and many people complained about the time taken to get LI’s.

WvW has so much variety that there’s plenty of room (lol@ queues and full maps) for everyone to have fun doing what they want whether it be zerging, small man, solo roaming or just being a kitten kittening off other people. The changes over the last 2 years rewards players for playing, not entirely what they do just for being there and being active.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As JQ’s Legendary Scout, even I’m not rank 2000 yet! That’s because scouting / building / back capping / doing the chores / was and is still unrewarding. This back piece and armor just makes it that much more of a slap in the face to those of us that took care of our Worlds. It’s what it is and it after almost 5 years of WvW, completely expected from the dev’s.

Time to kitten it all, booster up, and farm all the guppies trying out the mode.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Don’t lower the requirements please

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Teon.5168

As JQ’s Legendary Scout, even I’m not rank 2000 yet! That’s because scouting / building / back capping / doing the chores / was and is still unrewarding. This back piece and armor just makes it that much more of a slap in the face to those of us that took care of our Worlds. It’s what it is and it after almost 5 years of WvW, completely expected from the dev’s.

Time to kitten it all, booster up, and farm all the guppies trying out the mode.

I am in the same boat, as I have limited playing time, and I love to havoc and roam.
Not sure if I can force myself to get into the agonizing boredom that is zergs just for a cool shiney.

As long as I continue to have fun….that is all that matters to me.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

So far the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer its reasonable. The wvw t2 ascended armor is nice. A-net could update the t3 armor to legendary armor later if they have time because if a new player wanted to get t3 wvw armor it would take around 2000hour or 4x the time it take for a legendary weapon. The t3 armor is prestige ascended armor, but the t2 wvw armor is always ascended as well. A lot of player are complaining about the prestige t3 wvw armor. You do not need every ascended set if playing wvw is that much of an issue to you :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

While I agree that getting to level 2000 requires a ton of effort (constant zerging or thousands of hours of roaming/gvg), I still think the level requirement for the armor is just fine. Those who are that dedicated deserve something unique. However I think that the rank system should be somehow adjusted, since many aspects of WvW (roaming, scouting, refreshing siege etc.), don’t reward players with alot of XP, if at all.

Personally I’m at rank 400 with 1.5 years of active WvWing. I play every day, but mostly roam solo and raid with my guild, focusing mainly on battles so there often are nights when I don’t gain a single rank at all, despite playing for hours.

Anyhow, I don’t play for the rewards, but I’m glad we got this patch. Looking forward for things calming down and WvW getting some fresh blood to fight against.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Sorry buddy but it’s literally like any other MMO game – rewards for newbies, regulars and then dedicated vets. Now if all these rewards etc were implemented on launch I doubt we’d have as much QQ… everyone would be on even footing.

It seems like a lot of players want everything handed to them on a silver platter these days. What ever happened to the days of people seeing someone with cool vet gear and thinking, hey that’ll be my goal instead of straight up QQ’ing about the requirements?

It’s like people DON’T WANT dedicated vet players who supported the game to have something nice, too. Sad. I understand there are unrewarding roles in WvW (read below).

Anyway, the actual glowy bits slapped onto the armor is just another generic lazy/flashy move and ain’t much different to previous tiers.

I’m all for new players having the opportunity to WORK TOWARDS said long term goals so I’ll pipe up about how they could’ve added in the oldschool WvW XP Booster or featured a better buff akin to PvP season ones, even to the extent of updating enrichment infusions for that added benefit.

Then there’s in game rewards; I feel like scouting/roaming solo etc isn’t as rewarding, nor were fight based guild scenarios. I know some players who barely ever capped objectives; fight orientated since launch and they’re only sitting around 1.7k…. ANet needs to revise rewards for those different roles.

Play how you want is an illusion; those who play all roles (scout, zerg, roam, GvG, solo etc) obviously reap in all the rewards and the game is moulded as such. Still believe all roles should be equally rewarded. Hope this makes sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

Rank 364 with about 360 hours in wvw is not a good amount of wvw since launch. Maybe you should have stuck with it more?

its annoying hearing people cry about spending 300-500 hours of their 6k + total hours spent in the game not being able to obtain the 2000 rank chest.

I have spent thousands upon thousands of hours in wvw since a year after launch and i am rank 4727 Without EoTM. Someone who has spent 1/2 the time i have in wvw would still be able to obtain the t3 chest

I dont believe it should be obtainable by everyone who feels they are entitled to having it.

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

in WvW

OriOri.8724

He isn’t wrong though. ANet didn’t design the game to be begrudgingly played to get rewards, they designed it to be fun and I certainly do find the combat system at its basic and core to be justly so.

He’s saying people should be playing the mode because it’s fun and enjoyable not because all they care about is some long term skin. We had this exact same discussion back when legendary armour came out and many people complained about the time taken to get LI’s.

WvW has so much variety that there’s plenty of room (lol@ queues and full maps) for everyone to have fun doing what they want whether it be zerging, small man, solo roaming or just being a kitten kittening off other people. The changes over the last 2 years rewards players for playing, not entirely what they do just for being there and being active.

While I do agree with both you and him, in that you should play the game because its fun, and you should play a game mode because you find it fun instead of for the rewards, that doesn’t change my point. He has no right to think that his way of playing the game is better than someone else’s. Just because someone might play for the rewards instead of for fun doesn’t make them wrong. It doesn’t mean that their opinions on rewards being far too grindy is invalid, yet that is exactly what Mel is trying to argue. He’s arguing that some player’s opinions are invalid just because they play teh game differently.

That’s so kittening wrong.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Sorry buddy but it’s literally like any other MMO game – rewards for newbies, regulars and then dedicated vets. Now if all these rewards etc were implemented on launch I doubt we’d have as much QQ… everyone would be on even footing.

It seems like a lot of players want everything handed to them on a silver platter these days. What ever happened to the days of people seeing someone with cool vet gear and thinking, hey that’ll be my goal instead of straight up QQ’ing about the requirements?

It’s like people DON’T WANT dedicated vet players who supported the game to have something nice, too. Sad. I understand there are unrewarding roles in WvW (read below).

Anyway, the actual glowy bits slapped onto the armor is just another generic lazy/flashy move and ain’t much different to previous tiers.

I’m all for new players having the opportunity to WORK TOWARDS said long term goals so I’ll pipe up about how they could’ve added in the oldschool WvW XP Booster or featured a better buff akin to PvP season ones, even to the extent of updating enrichment infusions for that added benefit.

Then there’s in game rewards; I feel like scouting/roaming solo etc isn’t as rewarding, nor were fight based guild scenarios. I know some players who barely ever capped objectives; fight orientated since launch and they’re only sitting around 1.7k…. ANet needs to revise rewards for those different roles.

Play how you want is an illusion; those who play all roles (scout, zerg, roam, GvG, solo etc) obviously reap in all the rewards and the game is moulded as such. Still believe all roles should be equally rewarded. Hope this makes sense.

probably because the most efficient way to rank up is pvd, by a landslide. So your definition of veteran or nooby is flawed from the start. its based on WvW rank, not skill or how well you destroy enemy players, or scout for commanders but if you auto attack doors in eotm. Also your saying that players who have 500 and 1k hours of play time in wvw fall into this “noobie” group because this amount of playtime will not get you anywhere near rank 2000.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor? […]
Feels unobtainable.

Sure, if we can agree on lowering the requirement for the legendary PvE armor from 150 to like 30 LI.

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

/shrug

I was responding to your statement about it being next to impossible to only get 1 level during playtime. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game, and neither do I. I was just presenting how one could play wvw for that period of time and not rack up multiple levels.

Not sure how you went from that to some sort of sense of entitlement. I am perfectly fine with the 2k line on the T3 stuff. And I am perfectly fine with whatever levels I may or may not get while playing wvw.

At my age, the game is a pleasant diversion for me, and that’s it. I rarely get serious, in any way, shape, or form, about a video game anymore. It is just a way of having some mindless fun with friends after the work day for me.

I meant for anyone behind the idea (not at you directly but you defended that mentality which is completely absurd to me) that this rank is too high of a requirement when they can’t even get more than 1 rank per day of play; it’s a you (general you) problem, not the game or the developers. Idk how they play but to not get more than 1 rank you have to be doing NOTHING and most likely dying more than you cap or kill so why should that be rewarded? And if it’s because they’re on a time constraint, it’s no one else’s problem.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There are a lot of rewards to choose from, if you aim for the highest tier of reward from the get go you have noone to blame but yourself.
And “play as I want” is sadly an illusion, these games are doctored to give an illusion of choice, but there is no real choice.

Yeah, play as you like for a skin which has absolutely no bearing on anything else, with other options included elsewhere in other forms of content.

Totally not “play as you want.”

I call fat-cat you worked in game design. If you really were a champion of what’s healthy for the game you’d be opposed to having existing ranks count towards anything given the nature of how small-scale players and those not farmed via EoTM ktraining may have more hours in WvW despite being lower ranks.

The intention here is clear: Get WvW populations up. If ANet had any sense of integrity to fix the real problems with the PvP formats, it’d come from making the gameplay better, not just throwing cool pixels around that captivate the PvE folks enough to get them to try.