in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Fixing the forum bug. See previous.

Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

You guys don’t even realize that it will take you MONTHS and MONTHS to get these rewards because you’re limited on how many skirmishes tickets you can get per week and almost every reward is more expensive than you can earn in a week. Now that’s what you guys should be focusing on; THAT’S grind.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

You guys don’t even realize that it will take you MONTHS and MONTHS to get these rewards because you’re limited on how many skirmishes tickets you can get per week and almost every reward is more expensive than you can earn in a week. Now that’s what you guys should be focusing on; THAT’S grind.

Locking gear and money behind PvE, rewards behind pips which could just be farmed by playing PvP non-stop in the earlier seasons, etc. Gating masteries and content used in current LS behind other masteries.

ANet has been making their game slowly more and more grindy for a long time. If it’s taken you this long to realize it, I’m sorry to say that the train has since departed…

All that’s left of this playerbase is pretty much people who are okay with it at this point. And it’s largely people who refused to acknowledge the perspectives of others (often in the competitive formats) as being valid.

So let ‘em have their cake, I say. They’ll need to grind it like everyone else who hated PvE did for their stuff.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Locking gear and money behind PvE, rewards behind pips which could just be farmed by playing PvP non-stop in the earlier seasons, etc. Gating masteries and conent used in current LS behind other masteries.

ANet has been making their game slowly more and more grindy for a long time. If it’s taken you this long to realize it, I’m sorry to say that the train has since departed…

You missed the point completely

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

No it’s not. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game. Maybe he/she plays only an hour or so a night, does some slow paced roaming or whatever, doesn’t remember to run any wvw bonuses, takes frequent breaks, etc….

There have been many nights when I just got 1 level out there….because of the way I was playing (breaks, talking to wife, reorganizing drops, etc). Sure, most of the times I am out there, I will get more than 2-4 levels…..but some nights I just play relaxed and laid back and don’t care about levels at all. (Most of the time I don’t even pay attention to levels until I quit for the night).

/shrug

I’m a roamer and I get more than 1 rank every single time I play (without any boosters). I’m sorry but if you can’t play more than 1hr per night and can’t get more than 1 rank per night… You’re just being entitled. These rewards require time investment and expecting kitten to be giving out to you because you haven’t been able to get the rank required in almost 5yrs of this gamemode is not a valuable input.

I was responding to your statement about it being next to impossible to only get 1 level during playtime. You don’t know how Sylvyn plays the game, and neither do I. I was just presenting how one could play wvw for that period of time and not rack up multiple levels.

Not sure how you went from that to some sort of sense of entitlement. I am perfectly fine with the 2k line on the T3 stuff. And I am perfectly fine with whatever levels I may or may not get while playing wvw.

At my age, the game is a pleasant diversion for me, and that’s it. I rarely get serious, in any way, shape, or form, about a video game anymore. It is just a way of having some mindless fun with friends after the work day for me.

I meant for anyone behind the idea (not at you directly but you defended that mentality which is completely absurd to me) that this rank is too high of a requirement when they can’t even get more than 1 rank per day of play; it’s a you (general you) problem, not the game or the developers. Idk how they play but to not get more than 1 rank you have to be doing NOTHING and most likely dying more than you cap or kill so why should that be rewarded? And if it’s because they’re on a time constraint, it’s no one else’s problem.

Not defending it…..just was saying how it is possible. There have been many times when I have only gotten that much, but it is when I am not paying much attention to the mode, i.e., talking to the wife, to other stuff with the pets, etc…….not defending it….just showing how it is possible.

When I am into wvw, yea, 4-5 levels in an hour is very doable, even roaming. (That usually happens when my wife is in bed and I don’t have any interruptions, and I can just work fast with camps, sentries, etc…..) People who play on a casual basis, with limited game time should realize that 2k is probably unattainable. As it should be. At the same time, someone who plays casual like I do, shouldn’t expect that kind of reward to just be given to them.

And I am fine with that.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Locking gear and money behind PvE, rewards behind pips which could just be farmed by playing PvP non-stop in the earlier seasons, etc. Gating masteries and conent used in current LS behind other masteries.

You missed the point completely

I don’t think I did. ANet knows what they did here.

It’s a short-term band-aid. In a few weeks everyone will lose motivation, and we’ll be back to the norm.

Then they can say they added powerful rewards to WvW and move on with their next PvE grind development project.

You make rewards come faster, then what? PvE players who grind it out leave and you’re still back to the crap that WvW is.

And WvW players then get the rewards and complain there’s nothing left to do for content, and that the rewards aren’t good enough long-term as some armor/skins are kinda meaningless when it comes to buying food etc.

The sooner it dies, the better IMHO. No point in playing into the sugar-coating.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I don’t get the anguish here. I mean, why are these skins so important to people?

Hatred of pve grind pretty much precludes my from picking up legendaries, and I don’t give it any real thought. I could actually get these new mistforged skins pretty quickly (have the T1 unlocked, 2k+ wvw rank, and several hundred tickets left over from previous tournaments), but I haven’t even decided that it’s a better look than the scrubby stuff I have now.

Is it just the exclusivity of having something that most other people don’t have? Because, if that’s the case, that’s precisely why the gate should be high like it is.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I would think that these rewards were not meant to be grinded but more of an incentive for the regular wvw’er, who I observed mostly quit some time back. It’s just to balance out the rewards with the pve guys since wvw suffered from lack of rewards. If you are intending to grind out 2000 ranks, unless you know of an exploit, then I would say it is not possible. Using myself as an example, I wvw’ed hardcore back in the day ankitten owhere near the 2000 rank needed.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

I’ve gotten around ~20 ranks since the patch. Do the math. Its not that hard to get the ranks if you really get into wvw for a while. Rank requirement is fine.

You got 20 levels in 4 hours? Would love to know how you did that. I play ktrain on beast gate and eotm and can never achieve that amount of levels and I’ve been playing for 5 years wvw.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

I’ve gotten around ~20 ranks since the patch. Do the math. Its not that hard to get the ranks if you really get into wvw for a while. Rank requirement is fine.

You got 20 levels in 4 hours? Would love to know how you did that. I play ktrain on beast gate and eotm and can never achieve that amount of levels and I’ve been playing for 5 years wvw.

I’m also calling BS on 20 levels in 4 hours….

in WvW

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

I don’t play WvW as much as most of the dedicated players. And those players are good. I get by. But in the time I have spent there, I’ve managed to get to someplace over 2500 rank…not sure exactly. But the point is they deserve that reward for all the dedicated hours they’ve put into playing, advocating for the mode, studying and suggesting changes.

So, some gear is available as a reward. But you have to put in the time. That’s good. It helps you learn about the play. It’s more than just a map and a few obstacles. It’s mostly about the people and the way they fight and defend.

Being in on a few of the big zergs since the launch, I can see the difference. I hope the new players learn and a few stick around. But as for the time to get the T3 armor…it’s fine.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

As mentioned before. The majority of serious wvw players will never have this armor before the game is dead if Anet doesn’t change stuff.
Why? Yes, there are many people that are above rank 2000. But there is huge number of dedicated wvw players that isn’t. And even if you are above that required rank you have to farm skirmishing tickets and materials (Leather, Ore, Cloth, <Vial of Might> and <Vial of Magic>) for three tiers of the armor.
Sure, you can buy the materials from BLTC, but it will cost you a fortune.

What this means is that nobody will go through this grind, which may easily take you another 12-15 month without really good changes to the whole wvw system.
Anet put a carrot on a stick for those that want something special and still can’t get enough of poundin their heads against gates or blobbing over smaller groups for participation.
If you are below that rank 2000 there is not a single reason to work for that rewards, you won’t see them before the game is finally dead.

As long as Anet does not come up with a great plan to improve wvw and soon tell us about it the whole patch was just a bait for those you still have hope for the game mode.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

did wvw for 4 hours after the patch and about 2-3 hours later on at my normal raid time. During my normal raid time i got 8 ranks without any of the wxp drops or boosters. My rank at the start of the day was 1848, right now my rank is 1876.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

did wvw for 4 hours after the patch and about 2-3 hours later on at my normal raid time. During my normal raid time i got 8 ranks without any of the wxp drops or boosters. My rank at the start of the day was 1848, right now my rank is 1876.

I 100% do not believe you but I’m not about to argue about it with somebody on the internet.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

To the OP. I agree with the vast majority of the rebuttals here regarding that 2000 seems OK for the T3 armors. But to all the naysayers, it really don’t take THAT long to reach 2000. If you’ve been a hardcore WvW player, and you’re not at 2000 yet, you’ll be there before you know it. There are so many boosters out there, and the OP likes zerg fighting, you get tons of WXP that way. PVD is a very inefficient way to rank up. The only type of gameplay it’s unfair to are the solo roamers. But if someone was just solo roaming this whole time, they probably wouldn’t even be higher than 500. Well, can’t please everyone.

Edit: Don’t forget, that you also need a ton of Memories of Battle and Claim Tickets, which have a weekly cap. So, you still won’t be able to get the T3 gear fast. It’s gonna take time, so pop those birthday boosters.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

I 100% do not believe you but I’m not about to argue about it with somebody on the internet.

To be fair, ebg was kind of absurd, we were just one pushing the two other servers constantly for 4 hours so it was obviously kind of an extreme. The 8 ranks in ~2-3 hours was more normal for a guild raid in wvw tbh, i usually get around 5-8 ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

The rank of 2,000 is easy to obtain but you have to put the work in. When I started playing wvw daily all the time. I was rank 400 now 1.5 years later I am 1,356. So its not going to take you forever to get the ranks. 3 nights a week 3 hours each of those nights. Run your booster, guild boost, foods, and play in a zerg. It is very obtainable. It looks insane to the new people joining the WvW player base. But to us so does your raid armor and some of the other pve items you all have. Each game mode is different. Its not fair to the people who play this section of the game to have to wash away all of their hard work to make your life easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The rank of 2,000 is easy to obtain but you have to put the work in. When I started playing wvw daily all the time. I was rank 400 now 1.5 years later I am 1,356. So its not going to take you forever to get the ranks. 3 nights a week 3 hours each of those nights. Run your booster, guild boost, foods, and play in a zerg. It is very obtainable. It looks insane to the new people joining the WvW player base. But to us so does your raid armor and some of the other pve items you all have. Each game mode is different. Its not fair to the people who play this section of the game to have to wash away all of their hard work to make your life easier.

you say its easy and then in the next sentence you outline how you’ve done it for 1.5 years – 9 hrs a week and your still only 3/4ths the way there, that seems very unreasonable to me. Every other reward in the game is easier to obtain except for the 30k achievement point weapons. Why not lower the requirement? there is no good reason not too, why make it so frustrating?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Most serious wvw players are way past the required rank at this point. If you’re just coming into wvw now from pve, you shouldnt expect to get the rewards right away. Its about time they FINALLY did something to reward hardcore wvw players.

Even if you do nothing but roam as i’ve done, you should be at atleast 2k by now. If i actually zerged, i’d probably be at 4k+ by now. If anything they should raise the rank to 3k. All you pvers coming in here crying now becuase you actually have to play wvw is hilarious.

The majority of you posting in here now have never even posted in the wvw forums before, yet have plenty of posts in pve related topics, hmmm. I wonder why that is that you now want to lower the requirement? You want wvw players to suffer through pve, yet none of you are willing to put in work to get wvw rewards? Hypocrite much?

How about we allow wvw players a way to earn legendary armor by only playing wvw? Then and only then do you pvers have any right to talk about whats fair and whats not as far as WvW rewards are concerned.

in WvW

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

To be fair, ebg was kind of absurd, we were just one pushing the two other servers constantly for 4 hours so it was obviously kind of an extreme. The 8 ranks in ~2-3 hours was more normal for a guild raid in wvw tbh, i usually get around 5-8 ranks.

You have seasoned WvW players here who have never achieved what you are claiming so my question to you is why continue on? I don’t doubt you think ranks are easy to come by as they can be depending on how you look at it. An 8 rank leap in 2-3 hours? smh. Nothing constructive to read here from these kinds of post.

(edited by Hanth.2978)

in WvW

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

you say its easy and then in the next sentence you outline how you’ve done it for 1.5 years – 9 hrs a week and your still only 3/4ths the way there, that seems very unreasonable to me. Every other reward in the game is easier to obtain except for the 30k achievement point weapons. Why not lower the requirement? there is no good reason not too, why make it so frustrating?

you start off saying you have spent 360 hours since release in wvw and you are rank 364. What makes you think you should have the t3 chest and make it feel more useless to someone who plays the game for wvw? 360 hours to me is not a ‘good’ amount since release. its casual dip my toes in the water never run a proper build or coodinate with people or never joined a wvw guild.

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

(edited by Akashi.3245)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

there is no good reason not too, why make it so frustrating?

There is; it is a prestige reward for veteran players, and a long-term goal for players to target. Long-term goals are important for keeping players engaged in the long term. There are plenty of shorter-term milestones for you to instead target.

Honestly, if I were a Silver or less player, the level required for the prestige gear would be far from my mind compared to how clearing the Diamond box appears to be practically impossible if you’re not Bronze.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Long live the grindfest!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

you start off saying you have spent 360 hours since release in wvw and you are rank 364. What makes you think you should have the t3 chest and make it feel more useless to someone who plays the game for wvw? 360 hours to me is not a ‘good’ amount since release. its casual dip my toes in the water never run a proper build or coodinate with people or never joined a wvw guild.

Exactly. 360 is what you would have if you were a casual pver that only goes into wvw on the rare occasions there are events and rewards. EotM first coming out, etc. The people who have spent thousands of hours in this game mode are the ones that desrve rewards, not the casual.

You pvers crying in here should be used to timegates and being excluded. Would you let a wvw player that’s never set foot in pve before into one of your raids? I don’t think so. The majority of my characters have like 2% map completion and all of them have 3 sets of armor all with wvw builds. You think it would be ok for me to just jump into a raid and get armor there right away? So stop expecting to get it easy here, work for it.

Its long past due for hardcore wvw players to finally be rewarded. Hopefully this will lead to them eventually giving wvw our own version of legendary armor. I’m sure you pvers will cry about that too if it ever happens.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Does anyone else remember the previous content drought when you played wvw and deeply considered eotm because there was nothing else to do? Do you remember thinking this mode kept the game alive during that..what year before Dry Top and SW hit? That was a long year eh. I’m sure we that played wvw during that time got mad, frustrated, felt unappreciated, ridiculously outnumbered, tired of snow, tired of moas, tired of unanswered call outs and achievements that seemed far far out of our grasp….but we got through that year!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Got 5 levels per night just fighting zergs with nomad gear. Zerg bursting is the way. Got into a guild, optimize your build, run on GvG, blobs fights. Run into reset.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

I can’t just walk into PvE and get all the achievements and mastery points without a grind. Why would you expect to walk into WvW and get equal achievements to us players that have kept the game mode alive over the years. Judging by the queues last night every PvE player and his dog jumped in expecting to get quick bonuses. Well sorry it doesn’t work that way. WvW players have put in years to get their world rank, so no, forget shortcuts just so that those that haven’t can get their rewards without the hard work.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You are not supposed to work towards the skin, you are supposed to play WvW regulary and enjoy the reward when it is time for it. Maybe Anet should hide the vendor tabs completly until you qualify for buying from them to prevent people grinding just for the reward.

Are you seriously trying to argue that anyone who doesn’t play just like you, with the exact same motivations you have, is playing the game wrong? Some people want to go for the skin, not the journey. Its not your place to tell them they are playing the game wrong and to suck it up, because they should enjoy the game the same way you enjoy it.

Get your kitten elitism out of here already.

He isn’t wrong though. ANet didn’t design the game to be begrudgingly played to get rewards, they designed it to be fun and I certainly do find the combat system at its basic and core to be justly so.

He’s saying people should be playing the mode because it’s fun and enjoyable not because all they care about is some long term skin. We had this exact same discussion back when legendary armour came out and many people complained about the time taken to get LI’s.

WvW has so much variety that there’s plenty of room (lol@ queues and full maps) for everyone to have fun doing what they want whether it be zerging, small man, solo roaming or just being a kitten kittening off other people. The changes over the last 2 years rewards players for playing, not entirely what they do just for being there and being active.

While I do agree with both you and him, in that you should play the game because its fun, and you should play a game mode because you find it fun instead of for the rewards, that doesn’t change my point. He has no right to think that his way of playing the game is better than someone else’s. Just because someone might play for the rewards instead of for fun doesn’t make them wrong. It doesn’t mean that their opinions on rewards being far too grindy is invalid, yet that is exactly what Mel is trying to argue. He’s arguing that some player’s opinions are invalid just because they play teh game differently.

That’s so kittening wrong.

As far as I can tell s/he’s translating over what they perceive to be the intention not dictating how they should play. The people who dictate how we play are ANet and they have already shown their hand with the update.

We’ve had nearly 5 years to get to rank 2000 if you do indeed enjoy the game mode, I recently passed that milestone and I don’t go to EotM. I also don’t generally karma train or zerg all the time however what I do is play the game how its intended. You take objectives and try to gain points for your server attacking and defending with seige as required.

There are far too many people who will not do any PPT as they find it disgusting for some reason, I even remember a guild leader demanding every step out of a camp who’s circle was up and no enemies near so nothing to fight and no reason to not take it. These are some of the types of people that are complaining just as “roamers” who refuse to cap objectives or do anything useful for the server except run around ganking people. There will always be some outliers but the game was meant to be played around taking and holding objectives, this is why you gain ranks for doing just that.

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

No don’t lower the rank requirement for armor. I Believe it is fine just where it is. If you complainers get everything with out working for it then that makes the items common and lowers its value. If anything the rank requirement is to low.

in WvW

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I think the rank requirement is ridiculous, here is why;

In PvP you need rank 20 to queue for ranked to start earning towards Ascended items/The Ascension. This is relatively low considering how easy it is to farm rank in PvP.

In Fractals, there is no entry requirement to start earning rewards.

I’d be happier adding a rank requirement to enter the borderlands (say 250) and removing the requirement to earn rewards, it’s time gated enough as it is with the amount of tickets you get.

There’s a lot of ‘hardcore’ WvWers and parttime WvW enthusiasts (myself, I can’t help I have to work and socialise and have other activities to do which I can’t really avoid) that are not rank 2k+. Rank does really mean squat to how you enjoy the WvW game mode.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in WvW

Posted by: Siska.8102

Siska.8102

I haven’t seen anyone mention that you used to be able to buy Liquid WvW experience. I think with laurels?? I know people that did this.

I know people that were more obsessed with increasing their rank than they were dedicated to wvw. So ya, rank doesn’t mean much in some situations. Sort of like the rune farmers I saw today, running in circles getting their pips while the actual commander tried to deal with being doubled teamed on home BL, with a qued map and 25 on tag…the rest were farming pips…..and rank no doubt.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I think the rank requirement is ridiculous, here is why;

In PvP you need rank 20 to queue for ranked to start earning towards Ascended items/The Ascension. This is relatively low considering how easy it is to farm rank in PvP.

In Fractals, there is no entry requirement to start earning rewards.

I’d be happier adding a rank requirement to enter the borderlands (say 250) and removing the requirement to earn rewards, it’s time gated enough as it is with the amount of tickets you get.

There’s a lot of ‘hardcore’ WvWers and parttime WvW enthusiasts (myself, I can’t help I have to work and socialise and have other activities to do which I can’t really avoid) that are not rank 2k+. Rank does really mean squat to how you enjoy the WvW game mode.

But you can get nearly everything but the last tier of armour without being rank 2000. In your example of fractals you hit a point where you need more AR and more skill to get the top level of rewards, those golden weapons and ascended boxes.

You’re also ignoring how boosters now let you rank up much quicker now, stack as many boosters as you can while karma training and you will rank up multiple times an hour.

You’re choosing real life over a game (the right call imo) and while you don’t have much of a choice for work you do have a choice for socialising and “other activities” which if you really want the stuff you can lower your time on.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Jesus, people on both sides of this are being ridiculous. There are players in this thread claiming that

• 3-4 hours of WvW a night, every night, for years is just “average” play. Are you kidding? That’s so far beyond the average gamer. Stop with your elitism already, its disgusting quite frankly.
  • Rank 2,000 is way too high, because “I’ll never be able to earn it with how I like to play”. Well tough luck. You have to play the game mode to get the rewards that are specific to that game mode.

Both sides of this are being just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. The elitism needs to stop, now. The whining because you have to play WvW to get WvW rewards needs to stop, now.

That said, I do agree that the rank requirement is too high. 1,500 would be a lot better in my opinion. And before anyone comes in here crying about how I “want handouts”, take a step back and think about it. Actually think about the work required to get to rank 2,000 in WvW. How long did it take you guys? 1 year? 2 years? 3, or even 4, years? Compare that to legendary armor, what is supposed to be the best/hardest to obtain armor set in the entire game, which can be completed in 12 weeks. Hell, bump that up to 20 weeks to give you time to learn every fight and find a static group. 20 weeks to obtain legendary armor, versus years of work in WvW (and mind you, after you learn the raid fights, its only a few hours per week, instead of 3-4 hours every night) to get to rank 2,000 and be able to get your entire T3 armor set.

The amount of work required is exponentially greater than that to obtain comparable rewards in the other game modes. And that is not acceptable. You can go on all you want about how veterans need to be rewarded and what not, but guess what, you’d still earn the rewards if the rank requirement was lowered. You can go on and on about how people with low ranks just want their rewards faster and aren’t really dedicated to WvW. Well what about people who are new to WvW? Just because they are new doesn’t mean they aren’t dedicated. But you are still content with requiring them to dedicate hours of work every day, for years potentially, just to earn this armor.

This is not ok. The WvW rewards shouldn’t require so much more time invested than the PvE or the PvP rewards. They just shouldn’t. Its asinine honestly. And a slap in the face if you think about it. Stop with your elitism already. The amount of work required for these rewards is much too high considering the amount of work required for the comparable rewards in other game modes. Much too high. It needs to be toned down, and reducing the rank requirement to 1,500 is a good way to do that.

Yup nothing goes to add here. The time required is just hilarious.
The biggest problem I have with the rank requirement is that it doesn’t tell anything. You could have farmed it in eotm, you could have bandwagoned to the best winning server every month doing pvd all day or you could have been on a miserably populated server without a lot of things to do before links were a thing. Or perhaps you were a dedicated scout?
Why should any of these be worth more than the other? (except eotm) Yet the amount of ranks gained from this vary by an insane amount.

The big problem I see right now is that anet brought this armor as a motivation to keep playing wvw from now on, but wvw elitists think they deserve to own it right now, because boohoo they didn’t get any shiny in the past.
You know what? Just lower the rank requirement to a level that not every pleb can afk farm the pips (a coule hundred perhaps) and keep the time gate at at least one year. Then we’ll see who really is dedicated to wvw, because now everyone is even. And wvw players can be happy about an increased population.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I think 2k is fine. If it was 500 or even 1000 it would be too low.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Don’t see much issue with a 2k rank for the uppermost tier of rewards. I mainly WvW (not eotm) but frequently spend most of my time scouting and have double that rank on my primary account. Got a 2nd which has about 600 hrs wvw only sitting around L550 so its not exactly difficult to bump through the ranks without zergbusting all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

2k rank is definitely pretty high as it takes on average 2 years to obtain.

What does mean? It means Anet plans to give out no new shiny reward to WvW in 2 years….

So I don’t like the requirement.

in WvW

Posted by: Marko.2906

Marko.2906

walk through the la gate and please go back to pve

thank you for the cooperation

in WvW

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

sorry man 360 hours in 5 years is not a lot…

I’ve been playing games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

You don’t have to spend any time in wvw if you don’t like to. The rewards aren’t meant as a sign of mastery. They are meant as an extra for people who play for the fun of it.

What would be gained for either ANet, the game mode, or the community you are playing in/with if you only play to grab the shinies via the most bearable (for you) route, then bow out again?

Disclaimer: I play wvw only casually, mostly with friends and guildies because I enjoy playing with them, which has brought me to roughly 650 ranks on my main account. I’m sure I’ll eventually get my hands on some goodies I’d like to have (there’s one of the mistforge hero’s weapon skins I’ve had my eye on ever since I didn’t have enough tickets to get it during the last wvw season), but if what I want costs more than I gain by playing and enjoying myself, then I’ll just do without it.

in WvW

apharma.3741

I’ve been playing games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

You don’t have to spend any time in wvw if you don’t like to. The rewards aren’t meant as a sign of mastery. They are meant as an extra for people who play for the fun of it.

What would be gained for either ANet, the game mode, or the community you are playing in/with if you only play to grab the shinies via the most bearable (for you) route, then bow out again?

Disclaimer: I play wvw only casually, mostly with friends and guildies because I enjoy playing with them, which has brought me to roughly 650 ranks on my main account. I’m sure I’ll eventually get my hands on some goodies I’d like to have (there’s one of the mistforge hero’s weapon skins I’ve had my eye on ever since I didn’t have enough tickets to get it during the last wvw season), but if what I want costs more than I gain by playing and enjoying myself, then I’ll just do without it.

This is a sensible adult viewpoint, I wish more people were this mature, take my upvote and gl with your WvW adventure.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

This is pretty much my view on it. It’s not like the rewards are that big of a deal for me anyway. I already run full ascended on the 3 characters I typically run in WvW and the skins are ok i guess. I enjoy running with some of the commanders. I’ve met some great people some of whom were former enemies (had a nice convo with somebody on GoM right before a relink talking about the good old days of AR v GoM). Heck I’ve even gotten to play whack-a-guildie after moving servers and thanks to the links.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Gonna have to vote no for a couple reasons. One, you don’t need it, it’s only a skin as you can get T2 which is also ascended and will be just fine for casual WvW players, they will have access to ascended armor that way. Two, it’s meant to keep players intested in WvW, something to strive for as well as reward players who have continued to play WvW even through the rough times with months on end of no content. Quite obvious anet made it rank 2000 to give something to the hardcore wvw’ers when the legendary backpiece is only rank 350 requirement.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

The more thought I put into it, the less opposed I am with the grind here. I was going to play WvW primarily anyway. Nothing wrong with having long term goals, and that’s what these pieces will be, long term goals. If I need an ascended weapon or armor piece quickly I can shell out some gold and craft them. If I want the skins, I can play the game mode I enjoy and in time, will earn them.

I played for about 3 hours last night. Think I got 4-5 ranks and about 30 tickets. The best thing I got though was a hell of a good time with constant fights that were reminiscent of a reset night on a Tuesday.

Anet gave some new life to the game mode I love and I thank them for it. They also gave me some long term goals that all I have to do to achieve is do what I would normally be doing anyway.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Deratrius.4035

Deratrius.4035

Most WvW veterans are past rank 2K or close enough so I don’t mind the rank requirement at all, makes it more exclusive to dedicated WvW players the same way some skins are exclusive to achievement point farmers. Granted scouts and roamers might be lower rank as there wasn’t shared participation for a while but 2K is far from a very difficult goal.

Actually I wouldn’t mind even more skins with higher rank requirements. Some skins at lower ranks then more at 2k, 3k, etc all the way to 10K. There’s only a few that made it all the way to the top rank so could be nice if they got something too.

People should stop complaining about exclusive skins, the only consequence is cosmetic and it’s an acknowledgement that dedicated players deserve to get.

PS: Exclusive finishers based on rank would be nice too.

Mystic Discipline [MD] – Aurora Glade (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

As someone who took 3 years off, I have a WvW rank of just over 200, I’m not offended at all by the requirements, in fact, it might push me to play the mode a bit more.

With the right boosters, and a little luck, I’ve gotten 15 – 20 ranks in just a few hours a day.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Monica.9701

Monica.9701

People are confusing grind with long term goals, which were HIGHLY NEEDED in WvW.

in WvW

GrahamW.5397

You have seasoned WvW players here who have never achieved what you are claiming so my question to you is why continue on? I don’t doubt you think ranks are easy to come by as they can be depending on how you look at it. An 8 rank leap in 2-3 hours? smh. Nothing constructive to read here from these kinds of post.

I am a seasoned wvw player. It’s been my primary game mode since launch and the guild I am in is primarily a wvw guild we raid 2-3 hours a night 4-5 times a week. In my and my guilds experience 5-8 levels a night it about average. Most people I’ve talked to and are friends with that have stuck with the game mode long term are at least near or well over 2k by now. The armor is there to reward LONG TERM players, the rank requirement is fine for that. It’s not something you should be jumping in and looking to grind for. How is letting people know that getting the ranks not as kittenome are trying to make it out to be and to not be afraid to stick it out and enjoy wvw in the meantime constructive? You saying I’m “not constructive” because I don’t agree doesn’t help things either. That’s the great thing about discussion, people have different opinions and don’t always agree.

in WvW

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

It’s almost like the rewards are for people who actually like the game mode and have played it a lot.

I rarely wvw, I’m jealous of those skins, but you know what? I’m happy for these dedicated wvw players who kept the game mode afloat finally getting some really cool stuff. I’ll probably never obtain this armor, but I’m totally okay with that.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

It’s almost like the rewards are for people who actually like the game mode and have played it a lot.

I rarely wvw, I’m jealous of those skins, but you know what? I’m happy for these dedicated wvw players who kept the game mode afloat finally getting some really cool stuff. I’ll probably never obtain this armor, but I’m totally okay with that.

I wish everyone could have the same attitude. I will never get the legendary armor as I do not raid. I am a tad jealous sure. But I am not mad at it. I am happy for those that can achieve it.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Would be hilarious if everybody run around wvw legendary on after week. People really thought that they can just play wvw couple weeks and get rewards? I wouldn’t mind if legendary requirement would be diamond rank, ultimate dominator, 15k defended objectives, 40k captured objectives and so on.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m fine with the requirement since it is not a tier of armor we are speaking of, but merely a skin.