Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Most WvW veterans are past rank 2K or close enough so I don’t mind the rank requirement at all, makes it more exclusive to dedicated WvW players the same way some skins are exclusive to achievement point farmers. Granted scouts and roamers might be lower rank as there wasn’t shared participation for a while but 2K is far from a very difficult goal.

Actually I wouldn’t mind even more skins with higher rank requirements. Some skins at lower ranks then more at 2k, 3k, etc all the way to 10K. There’s only a few that made it all the way to the top rank so could be nice if they got something too.

People should stop complaining about exclusive skins, the only consequence is cosmetic and it’s an acknowledgement that dedicated players deserve to get.

PS: Exclusive finishers based on rank would be nice too.

Exclusive finishers would be fine.

But I wanted to focus on the bolded sentence here. This is what I don’t agree with. People keep assuming these rewards are meant solely for WvW veterans. Where on earth did you get that idea from though? Why do only the “veterans” deserve access to these skins? Because that does not hold true for PvE or PvP rewards. Anyone can earn The Ascension, and its quite trivial at this point honestly. Anyone can earn the PvP ascended skins. Anyone can craft PvE ascended skins. Anyone can craft their Leg Armor with a minimum timegate of 12 weeks. These rewards, while meant to take effort, are not held back and only given to the “veterans” of those game modes. They aren’t reserved just for people who only play that respective game mode and don’t venture into the other 2. So why on earth are people so willing to accept that for WvW rewards? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t fit with the reward structure for the entire rest of the game. It just doesn’t.

I get that the people who have been playing WvW since launch are salty about not having WvW rewards yet. But that doesn’t mean they need to be kept just to those players. That attitude goes against the entire rest of the game and how it handles exclusive rewards. Its simply not ok. This type of model for obtaining rewards does not fit in GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Most WvW veterans are past rank 2K or close enough so I don’t mind the rank requirement at all, makes it more exclusive to dedicated WvW players the same way some skins are exclusive to achievement point farmers. Granted scouts and roamers might be lower rank as there wasn’t shared participation for a while but 2K is far from a very difficult goal.

Actually I wouldn’t mind even more skins with higher rank requirements. Some skins at lower ranks then more at 2k, 3k, etc all the way to 10K. There’s only a few that made it all the way to the top rank so could be nice if they got something too.

People should stop complaining about exclusive skins, the only consequence is cosmetic and it’s an acknowledgement that dedicated players deserve to get.

PS: Exclusive finishers based on rank would be nice too.

Exclusive finishers would be fine.

But I wanted to focus on the bolded sentence here. This is what I don’t agree with. People keep assuming these rewards are meant solely for WvW veterans. Where on earth did you get that idea from though? Why do only the “veterans” deserve access to these skins? Because that does not hold true for PvE or PvP rewards. Anyone can earn The Ascension, and its quite trivial at this point honestly. Anyone can earn the PvP ascended skins. Anyone can craft PvE ascended skins. Anyone can craft their Leg Armor with a minimum timegate of 12 weeks. These rewards, while meant to take effort, are not held back and only given to the “veterans” of those game modes. They aren’t reserved just for people who only play that respective game mode and don’t venture into the other 2. So why on earth are people so willing to accept that for WvW rewards? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t fit with the reward structure for the entire rest of the game. It just doesn’t.

I get that the people who have been playing WvW since launch are salty about not having WvW rewards yet. But that doesn’t mean they need to be kept just to those players. That attitude goes against the entire rest of the game and how it handles exclusive rewards. Its simply not ok. This type of model for obtaining rewards does not fit in GW2.

Anyone can work up to rank 2000 and unlock the skins, it’s not like it takes any real skill or effort, just ktrain with zergs like player in PvE do all the time spamming 1 with the loot stick.

Anyone can get the skins, there is nothing stopping players from doing so.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Problem is I am 1200+ rank and playing from 2012, casual roaming, and I will surely need like 2 years to be 2k rating.

2k is just too much cause its not even legendary armor.
I think it should be 1500 cause lots of players are still above 1k who play this game every day. Only hardcore players 24/7 have more than 2k rating. Plus there are greatly income of pve players which this making more difficult.

But on the other hand this is first wvw update after 2,3 years so we are looking on next update in 2,3 years….

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor from 2000 to say 500? Maybe 700 or even 1000? 2000 ranks requires you to play around 3-5 hrs a day in wvw mostly doing player vs door for a year. Any way you guys could reconsider, as I’ve lost motivation and feel it’s an egregious amount especially since I like zerg vs zerg and roaming and not pvd.

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

Not sure if to take this post seriously.

360 hours in 5 years? Sorry that’s not playing a good amount, that’s like jumping into wvw to just do the dailies then jumping out.

I wasn’t really expecting ranks to be attached to the new stuff other than the legendary backpack, along with the tickets which are time gated for a certain amount every week. The 1500-2000 ranks needed seems a bit much considering the different styles of play in wvw, not everyone zergs 100% of the time, but I don’t really disagree with the restriction either as these rewards are meant for dedicated wvw players who will put in the time, and not the fly by night players which spvp s5 had seemed to get.

I’m sure anet probably just looked at the metrics to see where the average ranks were sitting for players, and then came up with the range just above it, I probably would have liked just a 1000 or 1500 rank set to the minimum and not the range.

I was sitting at 1894 ranks before the patch, and got about 16 ranks yesterday with birthday booster, guild booster, exp booster(half the time since didn’t know it would stack with birthday), plus a lucky keg drop (which kinda kittened me off since I got it in the fight just before we were going to pop guild mission for 25k wxp grrr). So 90 ranks to go for me, but have to get tickets as well anyways so not really a huge rush, gives me a goal to go after, something that has been lacking in wvw for some time.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

I’ve gotten around ~20 ranks since the patch. Do the math. Its not that hard to get the ranks if you really get into wvw for a while. Rank requirement is fine.

You got 20 levels in 4 hours? Would love to know how you did that. I play ktrain on beast gate and eotm and can never achieve that amount of levels and I’ve been playing for 5 years wvw.

I’m also calling BS on 20 levels in 4 hours….

If you have the wvw booster,celibration booster, experiance booster or the communial experiance bonfire, hero banner, as well as the mist buff it is possible to get that by karma training. It would be hard it involves every single booster and non stop k training but it is possible. I remember during golem week I got about 25 lvls in about 7 hrs and I only had a few of theese buffs.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

rank requirement is fine imo.
i almost play only wvw and if i want take all skin that there are inside pve i need to do a lot pve…so you know what i mean…if you want those skins, you need come in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The rank of 2,000 is easy to obtain but you have to put the work in. When I started playing wvw daily all the time. I was rank 400 now 1.5 years later I am 1,356. So its not going to take you forever to get the ranks. 3 nights a week 3 hours each of those nights. Run your booster, guild boost, foods, and play in a zerg. It is very obtainable. It looks insane to the new people joining the WvW player base. But to us so does your raid armor and some of the other pve items you all have. Each game mode is different. Its not fair to the people who play this section of the game to have to wash away all of their hard work to make your life easier.

you say its easy and then in the next sentence you outline how you’ve done it for 1.5 years – 9 hrs a week and your still only 3/4ths the way there, that seems very unreasonable to me. Every other reward in the game is easier to obtain except for the 30k achievement point weapons. Why not lower the requirement? there is no good reason not too, why make it so frustrating?

you start off saying you have spent 360 hours since release in wvw and you are rank 364. What makes you think you should have the t3 chest and make it feel more useless to someone who plays the game for wvw? 360 hours to me is not a ‘good’ amount since release. its casual dip my toes in the water never run a proper build or coodinate with people or never joined a wvw guild.

Well I already have 3 characters in full ascended gear which I only use for wvw with optimised builds from meta battle. I also have legend 2xs from spvp. I’ve participated in all wvw tournaments. And I’m sorry but 360+ hours is a lot of gameplay. To compare I have 450 hrs on binding of Issac and have 100% the game and got every achievement. So calling me a noob pve who has just dipped my toe in, is just gross, incorrect and insulting. And apparently after having this for 360+ hrs I need to spend another 1700 hours to get a chest piece even though I’m min/maxing for ages. This I’d an unnecessary grind which borders on unhealthy and it does not motivate anyone to continue wvw to pursue it.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

really so 360 – 500 hrs of wvw and I’m only 1/8th the way there and that’s “just jumping in”?

I’ve gotten around ~20 ranks since the patch. Do the math. Its not that hard to get the ranks if you really get into wvw for a while. Rank requirement is fine.

You got 20 levels in 4 hours? Would love to know how you did that. I play ktrain on beast gate and eotm and can never achieve that amount of levels and I’ve been playing for 5 years wvw.

I’m also calling BS on 20 levels in 4 hours….

If you have the wvw booster,celibration booster, experiance booster or the communial experiance bonfire, hero banner, as well as the mist buff it is possible to get that by karma training. It would be hard it involves every single booster and non stop k training but it is possible. I remember during golem week I got about 25 lvls in about 7 hrs and I only had a few of theese buffs.

We weren’t even ktraining, literally just capped smc and then farmed the other 2 map queues who kept slamming themselves into it for 4 hours and later on we capped green keep and had a steady supply of people running into the keep from spawn trying to save it. People vastly underestimating how quick you can get wxp with constant fights when your server is the one running people over and occasionally running back to your own third to take stuff back that got back-capped.

in WvW

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I passed 2k this weekend so I’m feeling pretty good about the req :^)

Had to laugh here. =oP

As to the rank needed to craft that final set. It does seem excessive but… When I had seen the Hellfire piece in the unlock wardrobe you get from the BL chests I was disappointed in Anet to say the least (luckily it was a mistake). There is no way I can complain about how high you need to go to get that final set. I have been playing this game since release. It took me this long and less than 1k away from reaching the 30k achievements to finish my radiant set. Being able to wear that set will be a big highlight of my gw2 career. I earned it.

You want that sublime triumphant set? You go and earn it. It is not something that should practically be handed to you. I am going for it myself. By the way I’m rank: 296 (I think).

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Rank requirement is fine, only thing that is not fine is the timegate behind it. This game needs something prestigious and 2k rank is even low if you think about how many people passed the mark already

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Please no, don’t lower the requirements. Or change the weekly limit. Increase the requirements and lower the weekly so all plebs get tired and give up.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

As a commander I understand how important roamers are or can be but there are different types and honestly I don’t know how a system would distinguish between wvw useful roamers and less useful ones. If you are a roamer taking and defending camps your going to get a decent amount of wxp. If yer just stealthed waiting to pick off a lone zergling with a cheese ghost tief build in a dark alley or a dueler I would expect your wvw participation would be less. Anet built the game mode for larger scale fights so that’s what they geared it for. I could see rewarding exp based on percentage of damage but then zerglings would complain. So no way to make everyone happy in every game mode. If you wanna roam and earn rewards join a squad and let the tag know you are roaming so they can give you that special participation status so you get a percentage of what the zerg is getting? Or play spvp/PvP for your 1 on 1 kicks. I get the whole "I wanna play the way I wanna play " but we can’t expect accommodation down to all specs. People with high wvw ranks have been begging have some meaning beyond kitten for their wvw efforts and 2k is fine for a wvw’er and i think it should be something pve’ers are likely never to obtain. Those lone roamers doing thoer own thing in a game mode that is designed to award team work and objective based participation prolly unlikely to get it also I think fits with the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I remember getting 300 points to max out +5 personal carry, Anet lowered the point requirement a month later…

Here’s the thing, 300 points back then were so much harder to come by than they are now, and even if you wanted to spend your aquired points on something like +5, there’s really no need since POTK was introduced.

Everything that a 1000+ ranker fought and died for over the past 5 years is obsolete now with links, guild upgrades and reduced wvw achievement and skill requirements. The only thing these people have left to show off is their rank, that proves they’ve been here atleast some time before this patch.

I could almost sympathize with those that just hit 1000, but you have no idea how much easier it is to get to 2000 now compared to 2-3 years ago as a casual, or maybe some of you do. Regardless, for those that are sitting at less than 1000, you will level up much quicker than those that casually played on a T8 server 3 years ago did. It won’t be instantaneous, but it won’t take 4 years either, and if you want the reward? Do the work and then wait a month for the requirement to change so you can complain like the rest of us :p

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

As a commander I understand how important roamers are or can be but there are different types and honestly I don’t know how a system would distinguish between wvw useful roamers and less useful ones.

The same goes for zergs. You can be the most useless guy in the whole zerg (i.e. Ranger) and still get a lot more ranks than any good roamer. You could be farming ranks on eotm for a year and have higher rank than any good commander out there.

So, your statement isn’t exclusive to roamers and so it shouldn’t handicap them.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Even the useless zergling is “participating” even if he is just a supply bag and a aoe damage reducer. I would agree about eotm. I’m of the same mind as alot of wvw’ers that eotm isnt wvw and shouldnt have the same rewards.

As far as eotm theree was a time when plat and mith ranks were only obtainable in eotm so kinda tagged them as fake wvwers but most excellent cimmanders gotnover 2k the wvw way.

(edited by PabbyGaul.9682)

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

If yer just stealthed waiting to pick off a lone zergling with a cheese ghost tief build in a dark alley or a dueler I would expect your wvw participation would be less.

These guys are the worst in complaints and the most elitist. Their second hobby is troll team chat (T).

In every game always the same story, pvp-camper wants the whole game drawn around itself. When there are no enough idiots to be the prey on the campers zone, they start crying in team chat, how bad the game is.

And I do not respect duelists, zerg has to run them over. Want to duel go to sPvp.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: JamesJerrodd.8716

JamesJerrodd.8716

Played for 2 hours last night. Ranked up around 4 times. I’m a little over 1400 in wvwvw rank. 2000 rank is perfectly reasonable in my opinion. It’s not going to take you that long to get your armor skins. Put on your experience boosters, join a tag, and get to raiding

in WvW

Posted by: Mirkava.8526

Mirkava.8526

How is this not fair, we Wvwers work hard for years and rank up, and 1 pver comes in couple of days and gets the same gear as everyone else?! it should be higher, for Platinum and up, let the old experienced players look a bit different with that t3, and you guys still have 2 more tiers that u can get. I really wish they did a tier for every part, from Bronze to Diamond, change in colors and effects or even the look of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

How is this not fair, we Wvwers work hard for years and rank up, and 1 pver comes in couple of days and gets the same gear as everyone else?! it should be higher, for Platinum and up, let the old experienced players look a bit different with that t3, and you guys still have 2 more tiers that u can get. I really wish they did a tier for every part, from Bronze to Diamond, change in colors and effects or even the look of it.

1 day is hyperbole. It will take years to hit that and I don’t think its healthy game design to add ANY rewards that require years to accomplish. None of us know what stage in our life we will be in within the next year or two. Many players who are currently hardcore may have jobs, kids, and life activities that cause them to quit the game. Goals that take years to accomplish are a big deal. People will put more effort into this armor than many people put into getting their bachelors degree…. How is that good for a game? Make the rewards take 4-6 months for average players to attain and maybe 3-5 weeks for hardcore players. That’s a great balance that would award the hardcore players while still giving a reasonable goal to the average player who is excited about the game mode due to new cool rewards.

in WvW

Mirkava.8526

1 day is hyperbole. It will take years to hit that and I don’t think its healthy game design to add ANY rewards that require years to accomplish. None of us know what stage in our life we will be in within the next year or two. Many players who are currently hardcore may have jobs, kids, and life activities that cause them to quit the game. Goals that take years to accomplish are a big deal. People will put more effort into this armor than many people put into getting their bachelors degree…. How is that good for a game? Make the rewards take 4-6 months for average players to attain and maybe 3-5 weeks for hardcore players. That’s a great balance that would award the hardcore players while still giving a reasonable goal to the average player who is excited about the game mode due to new cool rewards.

What I am trying to say, is that it is nice to give those ppl that worked hard for years something unique and special, not like everyone else, thats why they made 3 different tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Just make Legendary armor for WvW 5k+)))

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

In some parts of the world players die at their computers while competing for rewards. In GW2 you get a free virtual butt plug for showing up in virtually every game mode. No skill is required. At least a long time gate ensures a low level of dedication is at least needed. It’s one small step above paying users to claim free rewards.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

In some parts of the world players die at their computers while competing for rewards. In GW2 you get a free virtual butt plug for showing up in virtually every game mode. No skill is required. At least a long time gate ensures a low level of dedication is at least needed. It’s one small step above paying users to claim free rewards.

Is 5 months not enough time to dedicate towards a game mode? I think if you play for 5 months working towards something special you have earned it. That is a huge ask of new players (which is ok). If someone sees someone in Lions Arch using that armor they might say, “woa… cool armor, how do I get it?!”. They will then learn they need to dedicate 4-6 months of their game time working on it. They then go into the game mode as its a long term reward, but reasonable to assume they can attain it. Maybe that person sticks around in the game mode. As it stands now, players who were hardcore from day 1 can have it but it will most likely make new people straight up quit. People have been admitting that there are no cool unique rewards for WvW until now. However, with the requirements as are, there are still no cool unique rewards for people that have not been playing WvW since 2012. That is other than the back piece. I think thats fairly attainable within a 6-month time frame which feels good. I am looking forward to making it myself.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What I am trying to say, is that it is nice to give those ppl that worked hard for years something unique and special, not like everyone else, thats why they made 3 different tiers.

I still don’t understand this attitude. You would still get the unique WvW rewards if the rank requirement was lowered.

Plus, again just look at the corresponding PvE and PvP rewards. Anyone, literally anyone, could jump into the game as soon as those rewards were released and earn them in the same amount of time as someone who had been playing since release. This is the standard that ANet themselves imposed on the game. So why are so many people ok with this not applying to WvW as well? I really don’t understand it. When leg armor was announced, anyone could go and earn it, they didn’t need to spend thousands of hours in PvE to get whatever the PvE equivalent of WvW rank 2,000 would be, they could earn the stuff for leg armor at the exact same rate as someone who had been playing since launch and had all their characters in full ascended gear already with 30k AP. When the Ascension was announced, anyone and everyone could progress towards it at the same rate, with the biggest timegate being your individual player skill.

Why are you people ok with WvW rewards not working the same way? This is not the reward model that Anet has imposed on the rest of the game. There is no reason for the WvW rewards to be locked behind such a ridiculous rank requirement, none.

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

I still don’t understand this attitude. You would still get the unique WvW rewards if the rank requirement was lowered.

Plus, again just look at the corresponding PvE and PvP rewards. Anyone, literally anyone, could jump into the game as soon as those rewards were released and earn them in the same amount of time as someone who had been playing since release. This is the standard that ANet themselves imposed on the game. So why are so many people ok with this not applying to WvW as well? I really don’t understand it. When leg armor was announced, anyone could go and earn it, they didn’t need to spend thousands of hours in PvE to get whatever the PvE equivalent of WvW rank 2,000 would be, they could earn the stuff for leg armor at the exact same rate as someone who had been playing since launch and had all their characters in full ascended gear already with 30k AP. When the Ascension was announced, anyone and everyone could progress towards it at the same rate, with the biggest timegate being your individual player skill.

Why are you people ok with WvW rewards not working the same way? This is not the reward model that Anet has imposed on the rest of the game. There is no reason for the WvW rewards to be locked behind such a ridiculous rank requirement, none.

Perhaps, and I’m going out on a limb here, just perhaps Anet realise they have seriously neglected this part of the game and despite that neglect there are those of us who almost exclusively play it over everything else. I’d like to think maybe Anet feels a little guilty and wants to reward the dedicated WvW players even if that upsets the “I want it now” PVE brigade.

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

Requiring 2000 wvw ranks is fine in my opinion. If you are having trouble getting there get all the boosters, every single one, get a base guardian and spam that lootstick. I completed my diamond box this morning, it took me 17 hours, for the majority of it I had all the boosters (less the firework ones) I gained 67 ranks http://prntscr.com/fh4yt8 it’s not typical because I would not normally spend 17 hours straight in wvw – but i wanted to make sure I got all my tickets this week because I’m working/away the rest of the week. It would certainly not be unreasonable to obtain 100 ranks stretched over the course of a week. Boosters make a large difference, just take advantage of them.

Perhaps we should make a thread on different methods to increase wvw rank efficiently to help out people who are struggling to obtain 2k rank.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Snowflakes. You dont HAVE to get it. If its too much work think of it like a special reward that was only offered for a limited time and you missed it. Maybe you werent meant to get it…maybe its not for you to have. I feel like the wvwers are mostly happy for the first time in 5yrs and then all these pve’ers are trying to rain on the parade for fashion wars. I still havent even logged in because I know its going to be a kittenshow until the pveers get discouraged. The ppl that enjoybthe game mode will stay..net positive for wvw. Ifbthey make it attainable for casual pve,ers these god aweful ques and crapmanders will never go away.

in WvW

Mirkava.8526

And for those players who are saying, WvW is easy, just follow the Zerg and press 1, and get your reward in the end, NO. if it wasnt for those skilled guilds dedicated to WvW with the right Builds, Gears and skills, Leading You guys!, a decent group, with half of the amount of players you have, will wipe you ass all day long, over and over again. let the WvWers leave the game mode for one day only, and see what will happen to you.
Just Learn this game mode, Gear up for it, follow and listen, and have fun, if you dont like wvw, just stick to pve, WE are happy and Proud of it, the way it is. No one is obliged to play a game mode who dislike just to get a fancy gear.
Though I do hope some Pvers will like wvw and stick around even after the event is over.

(edited by Mirkava.8526)

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

oh but I did read somewhere in this thread about wvw rank finishers, that idea is awesome and I think it would be great if anet gave us a unique finisher for every chunk of wvw levels similar to how pvp has their own finishers. Wvw unique finishers A++ idea!

And about lootsticks – I should of specified get appropriate gear/build, pve ppl seem to love rotation and knowing when to use their skills; I like to think they’d pick it up in wvw. Guardians are great for zerg for the amount of utility and team support they bring (etc you already know this). I’d much rather see someone new to wvw come on a guard (in the very least in ptv as a bare minimum) than come on their ranger.

(edited by Andromeda.8293)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

And for those players who are saying, WvW is easy, just follow the Zerg and press 1, and get your reward in the end, NO. if it wasnt for those skilled guilds dedicated to WvW with the right Builds, Gears and skills, Leading You guys!, a decent group, with half of the amount of players you have, will wipe you ass all day long, over and over again. let the WvWers leave the game mode for one day only, and see what will happen to you.
Just Learn this game mode, Gear up for it, follow and listen, and have fun, if you dont like wvw, just stick to pve, WE are happy and Proud of it, the way it is. No one is obliged to play a game mode who dislike just to get a fancy gear.
Though I do hope some Pvers will like wvw and stick around even after the event is over.

Well I am a wvwer and a Spvp and a pver, (ive participated in all wvw tournaments, gotten legend in spvp 2x’s and crafted 6 legendaries, without using credit cards) and the requirement for this armor is far beyond anything else in the game except for 30k achievement weapons. You could get any piece of armor or legendaries easier then you can get this set of ascended armor (and I would rather do that. I would rather craft 6 legendaries or get legend in 4 seperate pvp tournaments then grind 2k ranks in pvd, wvw). I have been playing since launch with over 6k hours and played gw1 since launch with GWAMM title, so please stop lumping everyone who dislikes this in the carebear “pve category.” The fact that getting this armor is so unreasonable for a person who has played wvw on and off for the past 5 years makes me think the game is going in the direction of korean grindfest mmo’s. I now feel like I want to quit the game entirely and uninstall it. So i guess if that’s what this was intending, and the community is fine with losing players like me, then there it is.

especially over a reward that all of you claim, you don’t care about since you play for the joy of playing wvw, why do you care if the requirement is lowered, it won’t affect any of you, you will still have it. You can’t argue this both ways.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Is 5 months not enough time to dedicate towards a game mode? I think if you play for 5 months working towards something special you have earned it. That is a huge ask of new players (which is ok). If someone sees someone in Lions Arch using that armor they might say, “woa… cool armor, how do I get it?!”. They will then learn they need to dedicate 4-6 months of their game time working on it. They then go into the game mode as its a long term reward, but reasonable to assume they can attain it. Maybe that person sticks around in the game mode. As it stands now, players who were hardcore from day 1 can have it but it will most likely make new people straight up quit. People have been admitting that there are no cool unique rewards for WvW until now. However, with the requirements as are, there are still no cool unique rewards for people that have not been playing WvW since 2012. That is other than the back piece. I think thats fairly attainable within a 6-month time frame which feels good. I am looking forward to making it myself.

I think people would prefer the response “This armor cant be achieved by a pve’er. Even if you try to grind for this armor the grind would kill you. The only way to get this armor is to eat,sleep,and breath wvw, make hundreds of thousands of your opponents die for their server to satisfy your drive to crush any who would stand in your way of total dominion over the mists. The only way to get this armor is to realize there is only wvw.”

in WvW

Mirkava.8526

Well I am a wvwer and a Spvp and a pver, (ive participated in all wvw tournaments, gotten legend in spvp 2x’s and crafted 6 legendaries, without using credit cards) and the requirement for this armor is far beyond anything else in the game except for 30k achievement weapons. You could get any piece of armor or legendaries easier then you can get this set of ascended armor (and I would rather do that. I would rather craft 6 legendaries or get legend in 4 seperate pvp tournaments then grind 2k ranks in pvd, wvw). I have been playing since launch with over 6k hours and played gw1 since launch with GWAMM title, so please stop lumping everyone who dislikes this in the carebear “pve category.” The fact that getting this armor is so unreasonable for a person who has played wvw on and off for the past 5 years makes me think the game is going in the direction of korean grindfest mmo’s. I now feel like I want to quit the game entirely and uninstall it. So i guess if that’s what this was intending, and the community is fine with losing players like me, then there it is.

You said it, you played pve,spvp, and wvw, so it was just a part of the game for you like any other, do you know how many players log on, press B, join a borderland and thats gw2 for them, they do some pve stuff just to get better gear and weapons and thats it. do you know how many players dont even care about the legendary raid armor because they only enjoy wvw, and they have been loyal for years to this game mode? leading and working hard for their guild/server? dont they deserve something unique?
why everyone is so stressing out on this gear!! how it is fair when you work hard for years to get to platinum and diamond, then someone comes and get the same thing u have in 5 or 6 months? this Tier is made for those players only, so if u do raids and pve and pvp, this is not your gear my friend, you can get the legendary which is even better.
Good day

(edited by Mirkava.8526)

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

You said it, you played pve,spvp, and wvw, so it was just a part of the game for you like any other, do you know how many players log on, press B, join a borderland and thats gw2 for them, they do some pve stuff just to get better gear and weapons and thats it. do you know how many players dont even care about the legendary raid armor because they only enjoy wvw, and they have been loyal for years to this game mode? leading and working hard for their guild/server? dont they deserve something unique?
why every is so stressing out on this gear!! how it is fair when you work hard for years to get to platinum and diamond, then someone comes and get the same thing u have in 5 or 6 months? this Tier is made for those players only, so if u do raids and pve and pvp, this is not your gear my friend, you can get the legendary which is even better.
Good day

Nobody forced them to only play WvW. They did that to themselves. There should not be a reward in ANY game that requires new players to focus 2 years of their game time to one mode. That’s ridiculous for ANY game mode. I would say the same kitten thing for ANY reward in ANY game mode. It’s just stupid.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Its stupid if your used to pve hand outs….

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Handout?…. seriously?…… so anything that doesn’t require 2 years of the same game mode is a hand out?….. ok bro….

in WvW

Posted by: Huldrelokk.6598

Huldrelokk.6598

They can wait 2 years to see a shining armor with spikes but can’t play WvW to get levels, should be 5k to discourage skin searchers destroying the queue

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

They can wait 2 years to see a shining armor with spikes but can’t play WvW to get levels, should be 5k to discourage skin searchers destroying the queue

If they released legendary armor with the expectation that anyone who wants it needs to full clear raids every week for 2 years I would still be here on the forums saying that’s stupid… Because it’s a game…

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Handout?…. seriously?…… so anything that doesn’t require 2 years of the same game mode is a hand out?….. ok bro….

Glad you agree.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

why every is so stressing out on this gear!! how it is fair when you work hard for years to get to platinum and diamond, then someone comes and get the same thing u have in 5 or 6 months? this Tier is made for those players only, so if u do raids and pve and pvp, this is not your gear my friend, you can get the legendary which is even better.
Good day

Nobody forced them to only play WvW. They did that to themselves. There should not be a reward in ANY game that requires new players to focus 2 years of their game time to one mode. That’s ridiculous for ANY game mode. I would say the same kitten thing for ANY reward in ANY game mode. It’s just stupid.

Well said, especially from a casual mmo like gw2.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

Five months is less then half the time it takes to login and visit a city every month to get a free virtual alcholic drink. The virtual butt plug you win for 12 successful city visits over a year (or more) is a Eldvin Monastery VIP Package. YAHOO! So, no, five months isn’t worth anything.

And on to your other point, I should point out that there are no, as in exactly zero, cool and unique rewards in this game. This game is purely show-up-and-you-win, eventually. Free loot for doing slightly more than nothing. A cool and unique reward is something that is, at least nominally cool, but also unique. Everyone can have the WvW reward, it’s free for showing up. The Black Qiraji Battle Tank, from World of Warcraft, was cool and unique. And it was only cool because it was unique. Only one person got that mount per server, and it was hard to get. You didn’t just show-up and get a free reward. You worked hard for that, and it was truly a reward.

in WvW

Huldrelokk.6598

If they released legendary armor with the expectation that anyone who wants it needs to full clear raids every week for 2 years I would still be here on the forums saying that’s stupid… Because it’s a game…

but the update is a reward to players playing a neglected game mode by years, cant be a simple “Skin research”, now we have the same situation when Legendary Armor has been released, PvP players requesting Legendary Insight by PvP Tracks or Points and PvE players fighting to have a exclusive ‘hard core’ pve armor.

This topic is simply hilarious and hypocrite.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

but the update is a reward to players playing a neglected game mode by years

You THINK thats what it is because you are interpreting it as such. Anet never came out said this reward should not be obtainable for normal players until 2019. Its just people wanting to feel special in a video game… its silly

EDIT: Honest to god truth here…. I have no interest in this armor… If they lowered the requirement I still wouldn’t use it. I think it’s ugly and I think the legendary armor is WORLDS better, not only in looks but also function. With that said, I don’t like this because it scares me with regards to the future of this game. I love this game and I feel that ANY rewards structured like this are a HORRIBLE idea to getting new players and keeping them. I think the back piece, on the other hand, is well done and requires a reasonable amount of effort. That is even legendary to show its value.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

but the update is a reward to players playing a neglected game mode by years, cant be a simple “Skin research”, now we have the same situation when Legendary Armor has been released, PvP players requesting Legendary Insight by PvP Tracks or Points and PvE players fighting to have a exclusive ‘hard core’ pve armor.

As a person who has played all game modes, the issue revolves around not having exclusive rewards for WvW, but why Is the reward so time consuming to obtain compared to other game mode rewards. I don’t mind wvwing for a very long time to get this, as long as it takes the same amout of time to obtain the exclusive reward as the ones offered in other game modes.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Huldrelokk.6598

but the update is a reward to players playing a neglected game mode by years

You THINK thats what it is because you are interpreting it as such. Anet never came out said this reward should not be obtainable for normal players until 2019. Its just people wanting to feel special in a video game… its silly

Can be, but does not exclude the importance of the update for WvW players and what it represents for them, its just a skin…

in WvW

Huldrelokk.6598

As a person who has played all game modes, the issue revolves around not having exclusive rewards for WvW, but why Is the reward so time consuming to obtain compared to other game mode rewards. I don’t mind wvwing for a very long time to get this, as long as it takes the same amout of time to obtain the exclusive reward as the ones offered in other game modes.

I agree with you about this fact, but i never will agree with philosophies where everything needs to be easy because you do not feel comfortable going through a necessary path until you reach certain goal, if someone do not like PvP and are only thinking about skins, the problem is with him and not with the requirements

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Nope. Don’t lower. For those who have dedicated their time into wvw, they deserve it. Those who want it to be easier- well- go back to pve or stop complaining.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

I agree with you about this fact, but i never will agree with philosophies where everything needs to be easy because you do not feel comfortable going through a necessary path until you reach certain goal, if someone do not like PvP and are only thinking about skins, the problem is with him and not with the requirements

I feel like our interchanges have been very polarizing but I completely agree with you. Exclusive rewards NEED to be hard to get. Legendary armor should NOT be something that you can get after a couple weeks of effort in pugging raids. It should be hard. Legendary weapons are the same way, they should require mastery of the game. WvW rewards should also be hard to get. Spending 3-5 months playing for 2-3 hours a day is a lot of effort for a reward and that would be on par with the other game modes exclusive rewards. I hope during my posts you didn’t think I wanted people to get these rewards easily because I do know the value in having items that are hard to get. I just fear for the game when they introduce items that require YEARS to get.

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Yeah no need to lower, it’s fine where it is. However if they do legendary WvW armor I believe 5k would be perfect ranking

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Guys, even a vet like me, with over 4500 rank still needs to play for weeks in order to get one piece.

Let’s take the chest as an example, as that is what the effect is attached to. I need 350 tickets for the exotic, and another 175 for the sublime plus 500 memories of battle. So I gotta reach diamond reward track every week for 3 weeks at a minimum depending on if I want to spend gold on the memories. And that’s just for one piece.

So, those of you who are not rank 2000 or whatever, then just keep at it, cause even if you were rank 2000, you still can’t get this stuff.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

bug……………………

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.