Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

Guys, even a vet like me, with over 4500 rank still needs to play for weeks in order to get one piece.

Let’s take the chest as an example, as that is what the effect is attached to. I need 350 tickets for the exotic, and another 175 for the sublime plus 500 memories of battle. So I gotta reach diamond reward track every week for 3 weeks at a minimum depending on if I want to spend gold on the memories. And that’s just for one piece.

So, those of you who are not rank 2000 or whatever, then just keep at it, cause even if you were rank 2000, you still can’t get this stuff.

I’m barely in the low 2000s of rank, and I have thousands of memories of battle. Why would you spend gold on them? They drop for free!

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Guys, even a vet like me, with over 4500 rank still needs to play for weeks in order to get one piece.

Let’s take the chest as an example, as that is what the effect is attached to. I need 350 tickets for the exotic, and another 175 for the sublime plus 500 memories of battle. So I gotta reach diamond reward track every week for 3 weeks at a minimum depending on if I want to spend gold on the memories. And that’s just for one piece.

So, those of you who are not rank 2000 or whatever, then just keep at it, cause even if you were rank 2000, you still can’t get this stuff.

I’m barely in the low 2000s of rank, and I have thousands of memories of battle. Why would you spend gold on them? They drop for free!

I guess he sold his and he conveniently using that as a excuse or argument when he sold his base on his discretion. Welcome to the internet.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Others have calculated it would take 2 years to go from 0 to 2000…it’s a reward for those that have put the time into keeping the game mode alive.

Except it’s not. It’s a reward for people who happen to have played WvW in a way which awarded lots of (or enough) Wxp to reach rank 2k, and anyone who spends much time in WvW knows Wxp is a fundmantally flawed way of measuring a player’s pariticpation, contirbution or value to WvW.

For the longest time, EotM was the fastest way to gain WvW ranks. Some of the highest ranked people in the game played EotM exclusively and EotM was mostly uplevel people ktraining. These people contributed almost nothing to keeping WvW alive.

Of regular WvW players, the best Wxp farms were ktraining undefended keeps (and strategically not defending your own for easy rewards capturing it again, yes this happened/happens and yes it’s sometimes even organised between commanders on opposing servers to ensure a smooth ktrain) and tagging lots of people in zerg fights. This favored people who were on the highest tier servers (the largest populations with the most loot bags to farm and the most potential Wxp from kills), who played during more populated hours (so less populated time zones had less loot bags and less potential Wxp from kills).

Which committed WvW players got the least amount of Wxp? Siege builders, defenders, scouts, upgraders (back when they had to be ordered and paid for by an individual) and to a lesser extent sentry and camp flippers, and roamers. Those people are some of the most committed and dedicated WvW players and in many communities are the backbone of a healthy server. They are traditionally rewarded less than a ktrainer or a frontline guardian that tags loot bags and WxP things simply by being hit (retaliation), yet these players will spend hours each time contributing to their server’s war efforts, giving scouting reports, repairing walls, disabling siege (which cost them badges out of their own pockets), building siege, and fighting against the tide on a home borderland trying to flip back camps to prevent an enemy taking it over.

Already this group of players were marginalized in WvW rewards and accepted they will never get as many loot bags as a guardian that can survive long enough to take a few hits with retaliation on them, but now many of them are in a situation where they cannot access the prestige WvW armor because ArenaNet’s unit of measurement for WvW commitment once again unfairly excludes the ways they have contributed to WvW.

The worst part of this whole situation is that a dedicated scout, defender, siege builder, repairer or camp flipper, or anyone considering becoming one, now has to choose between progressing towards the WvW rank needed to buy the armor, or playing the play style they prefer, one that entire servers benefit from but few WvW players volunteer to do themselves.

The success of many players who have rank 2k is built on the backs of people who upgraded towers and keeps (allowing a server to maintain the PPT needed to remain in higher tiers, the waypoints needed for map mobility and the map presence to maintain server morale). People who scouted that giant zerg you got all those loot bags from after responding to a call out. Many of these people are losing out in this system (many will no doubt have done enough to get 2k despite all the disadvantages of being a scout or defender) and the entire WvW community has to decide if that’s fair. Otherwise rank 3 WvW has just become one of the biggest reasons not to scout, defend, camp flip or anything which yields low amounts of Wxp compared to zerging and ktraining, and in my opinion WvW already has enough of those.

[quote=6609639;Sylvyn.4750:][quote=6610839;Deratrius.4035:]

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I guess he sold his and he conveniently using that as a excuse or argument when he sold his base on his discretion. Welcome to the internet.

Usually people sell useless junk.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

All I can say is that 2000 is a lot. I played since launch and have been mostly a WvW player. I’ve quit and came back multiple times but when I’m active, I almost purely play WvW as a scout/roamer and I’ve always been capping camps and towers with my group to generate small scale fights. I have no interests in ktrains so I barely ever joined them.

I have no issues with this as I already have multiple ascended sets. 2000 is a small number for zergers and those who join ktrains. But for roamers/scouts like me, even purely playing WvW is not enough to hit rank 2000. I’m currently around 1.6k.

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Tired of hearing this rubbish. If I bothered to list my stats on gw2efficiency i’m r1 for the defense type achievements – supply used etc, because of all the scouting, defending, building siege, sentry and camp flipping and camp defending. It’s nothing to do with being one of the ‘backbone’ and everything to do with time spent and how you spend it. Wanna sit afk in the keep keeping one eye on the screen while you watch tv? You’ll be low rank and rightly so because you essentially were not playing the game. Actively defend, scout, flip camps etc back while running round checking swords, following enemy zergs? Youll be over or close to 2k easily by now.

Laziness is not scouting.

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Shiren . . . .

That’s a lot of words to advertise you’re full of malarkey. Just play the game however you feel like, if there’s some shiny bit of digital kit you like do what it takes to get it. Stop basing your happiness on how easy other people may or may not have it. It’s a childish mindset irl or in video games.

I recently decided I wanted the Whisper’s back for an alt and spent two weeks mostly out of WvW and finally doing the open world PvE HoT offers. To me PvE is deadly dull after you’ve done it once. But I had to bang out masteries I hadn’t completed and currencies I hadn’t collected to get the thing I wanted. Before that I made myself an Incinerator, but I bought the precurosr because the PvE grind for that was too much FOR MY TASTE.

I have long-term plans to get the WvW legendary backpack, but odds are good the only toon I’ll ever display the skin on will be a little-played alt. I have zero plans for the armor rewards, because they are ugly, and I already have my main’s ascended and esthetic needs met. Once I’ve gotten the things I care about from the WvW rewards I may buy some pieces here and there and reskin them simply as a way to burn off currency and get the odd piece of gear for “free”.

Btw . . . Gold Major here. I didn’t WvW for the first year of the game, and I’ve taken significant reductions in play time over the years for real life stuff. I loathe EoTM and not only do I often roam, and flip camps, but I can and will borderland mom our home bl, even when it’s desert. Ktrain is what you do between fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

here’s the real issue,

obtaining:
full legendary armor from raids – 3-6 months
legendary fractal back piece – 3-6 months
legendary spvp back piece – 3-6 months
legendary wvw back piece – 3-6 months
crafting any legendary without a credit card – 3 months – 1 year
getting t3 armor from wvw = 1 1/2 – 2 years

please a-net even out the discrepancy.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

5 ranks per hour? 25,000 points an hour? That’s a rank every 12 minutes. Can we all move to your server and you can tell us how you did it, and will continue to do it for the next 2000 ranks.

Most people are lucky to rank up once an hour, or even less on quieter servers before today.

I’m on about 2300 ranks after 5 years of playing- but then I didn’t spend all my time spamming 1 at the front of the choo choo train and scouted, flipped camps and generally play in quieter times.

Even in peak times 2 to 3 ranks an hour is extremely rare.

Realistically 2000 ranks will take most people at least 1000 hours, and probably double that.

Celebration/Birthday Boosters… 100% WvW EXP Bonus

My personal record for one day (weekend – 8 hours of playtime) using boosters is 50 ranks.

I am rank 2300 now. 90% solo roaming, 9% duo roaming, 1% zerg fights. The key is to kill every veteran you pass (keeps, towers, Stone Mist – sentry and camp flipping works solo of course) and let the zerg flip the objective later to get the reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The rank is already low.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

2000 is perfect and shows that they are a true wvw player. In fact I want you to make the armor legendary as well. I’m far from that number but the dedication to reach that number deserve the prestige of that armor with the legendary component. Let all the wannabe wvw crybabies cry. They made the backpiece easy to acquire for all the non wvwers, so stop your nonsense. And to all those wvw players who are there/close to that, bravo to you for sticking with the so called dead game-mode.

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

2000 is perfect and shows that they are a true ktrainer…

fixed it for you.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

here’s the real issue,

obtaining:

agreed. anet needs to fix it if they ever plan on selling more copies of the game. it’ll be a turn off for sure.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

agreed. anet needs to fix it if they ever plan on selling more copies of the game. it’ll be a turn off for sure.

Leaving aside that the game is F2P, and you don’t actually need to have a full copy of the game to get the armor…

How many people, exactly, do you think were planning to buy a full copy of the game, yet decided against it because they saw that one piece of armor takes a lot of effort to get? I would be genuinely amazed if one person was planning to buy a full copy of GW2 yet decided against it because the rank requirement is too high.

I get that ya’ll don’t like it, but can we please keep it in perspective? This kind of hyperbole is ridiculous.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

here’s the real issue,

obtaining:

Arbitrary numbers are asinine.

I’ll have the full T3 armor within a few months. Because I’m a dedicated WvW player and this armor is for dedicated WvW players. If you’re rank 0, then you have to become a dedicated WvW player to get that armor. Sounds logical right?

The last thing WvW needs is a bunch of pve reward kitten jumping in for easy rewards and promptly leaving once they’re done. They did that during the tournaments and instead of causing a rise in WvW population, it caused a permanent drop once it was over.

(edited by Deli.1302)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

here’s the real issue,

obtaining:

Arbitrary numbers are asinine.

I’ll have the full T3 armor within a few months. Because I’m a dedicated WvW player and this armor is for dedicated WvW players. If you’re rank 0, then you have to become a dedicated WvW player to get that armor.

by doing a ton of ktrain in eotm, cuz thats the most efficient way to get rank. So i dunno where u think rank = dedicated wvw player. its also way more effort then any other game modes rewards. If thats the case seems like spvp and pve got the shaft on long term commitment rewards.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Why is this thread still going lol, suck it up and start grinding. Ktrain isn’t the only thing to do, fights guilds get ton of xp too so idk but ktrain isn’t the only life.

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I would rather craft 6 legendaries or get legend in 4 seperate pvp tournaments then grind 2k ranks in pvd, wvw

That right there looks like your problem. Have you ever considered playing wvw (not just pvd k-training) for fun? You’ll be surprised how quickly the ranks fly past if you do something enjoyable.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

fixed it for you.

WXP has been a thing for some 4 years now. If you think only a karma train could possibly get you to 2k i have to wonder if you ever even set foot in WvW.
Perhaps you are just parroting mindless complaints from people who really don’t want anything to do with WvW but instead just want to get all the shinies from it asap and get out. Well that kitten ain’t gona fly.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

fixed it for you.

WXP has been a thing for some 4 years now. If you think only a karma train could possibly get you to 2k i have to wonder if you ever even set foot in WvW.
Perhaps you are just parroting mindless complaints from people who really don’t want anything to do with WvW but instead just want to get all the shinies from it asap and get out. Well that kitten ain’t gona fly.

so saying i’d like it set to rank 1000 instead of rank 2000 = i just want to dip my toe in and get my rewards and get out? How is that possible with rank 1k? You don’t think thats an egregious amount of playtime for someone whos just coming in, or for people who have 500-1k hours in wvw and are still only about half way or 1/4th of the way there?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

No. I sold mine cause I didn’t want them clogging up my bank and they were worth something. No reason for me to hold onto them until now. I had about 350 when the patch hit.

But obviously you guys completely missed my point. The point is that everyone is kittening about 2000 rank point of entry. But there are other timegates involved. Thousands of memories of battle and claim tickets needed for a full set of one weight class of armor. Even more if you want the backpiece. That takes a lot of time. While you’re grinding all those, you’re gaining rank points.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

fixed it for you.

so saying i’d like it set to rank 1000 instead of rank 2000 = i just want to dip my toe in and get my rewards and get out? How is that possible with rank 1k? You don’t think thats an egregious amount of playtime for someone whos just coming in, or for people who have 500-1k hours in wvw and are still only about half way or 1/4th of the way there?

First off i doubt you only want to drop the 2000 to 1000 and leave the other 1k+ requirements intact. So to pretend you only want to reduce one single item is disingenuous at best.

Secondly, if you have that much time in WvW you are far more along the way to 2k rating than just rank 500. You are greatly exegerating the effort and time it takes because a few people are grossly low-balling their world rank while overstating the effort they put in.

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

More population also is a higher rate of WvW xp gain.

I’m about 1000 right now. I roamed a lot and didn’t farm eotm so I’ll have to grind it out if I want the rewards. But that’s fine because if I focus on it I’ll probably gain that in the time it takes to earn most of the currency needed for the reward. Probably more if I pick up the weapon skins (got shortbow during tournaments but want some of the others).

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

I’m rank 2301 I believe. I’ve been to EotM, probably spent at least 30 hours there. But probably not much more. (Although, if ANet can datamine my account to tell me the real number, I’d love to know!)

I spent most of my WvW time in Eternal Battlegrounds, on Eredon Terrace. On ET, we consider 2 people to be a zerg. I mostly stayed in our corner, almost always the red keep, since we were the last place server is the last place group of servers. Mendons and Speldan were two of my favorite places. On reset night, when ET could actually gather a 15 or 20 person Super-Zerg, I’d often sit in Speldan, trying to keep it safe and upgraded. High ranks are easy to get, they don’t require KTraining or EotM.

I’m on Crystal Desert now, because ANet did horrible things to us, and everyone fled in terror. I don’t use XP or WXP buffs, mostly because I see no reason to get more ranks. I’ve got thousands of useless tomes piling up with nothing to do, thousands of spirit shards, tens of thousands of those things that drop yu use to buy siege, a full bank stack of memories plus more accumulating whereever I can stick them. I’ve even got somewhere between 500 and a thousand laurels with no use, since I have a bank tab full of ascended items and all 11 toons are also carrying at least one set of (laurel bought) ascended items as well.

But on CD I do (annoyingly) accumulate ranks at the rate of 2 to 3 an hour. I wish I could stop them, I’ve go too much useless stuff from ranking up, and it just makes me a second tier target in WvW (with the ANet tag being the first tier targets).

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Anet I’m behind you.

Don’t cave.

There’s a lot like us out here that feel the same way.

Things that come too easily are soon forgotten. It’s not a grind, it’s a challenge — and if you really want the new item, you’ll put in the time.

Nobody NEEDS the new shiny to play. It’s a choice. Invest the time or not.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

^ +1

P.S: every pve’er want to look like a walking neon with a barbacue on his/her back

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

I 9th this….Dont cave Anet. Keep the rewards where they are due. Gg

in WvW

Posted by: Pawlegance.7012

Pawlegance.7012

I am rank 152 and have been playing GW2 for about 650 hours since launch. Personally I cannot see myself putting in hundreds of hours more into a game mode which hasn’t evolved over the years (reward tracks/new reward systems is no evolution, just a new carrot on a stick). The last update did nothing to make the game mode feel fresh again, but I really like the increased activity the new update brought – that’s why I am following some commander again killing some Gand or FSP toons.

There is no chance I will ever get the new rewards, because 3-4 hours a day is just too much for me to handle with my girlfriend asking for attention, other hobbies and games also taking their toll. Yes there are more games with a better story and better large scale battles. However it has been fun again, so I’ll stick around a bit until I’ve had my fill of WvW.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

fixed it for you.

First off i doubt you only want to drop the 2000 to 1000 and leave the other 1k+ requirements intact. So to pretend you only want to reduce one single item is disingenuous at best.

Secondly, if you have that much time in WvW you are far more along the way to 2k rating than just rank 500. You are greatly exegerating the effort and time it takes because a few people are grossly low-balling their world rank while overstating the effort they put in.

I would completely be fine with rank 1K and wouldn’t have anything else to say. 500ish hours in wvw is a lot and yet I’m only ,1/8th the way to the carrot on the stick, it’s ridiculous.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Anet I’m behind you.

Don’t cave.

Things that come too easily are soon forgotten. It’s not a grind, it’s a challenge — and if you really want the new item, you’ll put in the time.

Its a grind on par or worse then the most grindy Korean mmos out there. I play gw2 because it isn’t that Grindy, but apparently with this, now it is. If rank was based on winning zerg vs zerg, or winning in havoc groups or scouting I would say yes this is a reward based on wvw dedication. But it’s not, the best way to rank up is pvd which is achieved by eotm which isn’t even wvw. So why do you care if the req Is lowered? It’s not a reflection of your commitment to the game mode anyway it’s just a horribly egregious grind.

It’s even further cheapened by the fact that people exploited eotm when it launched to gain rank 2000-5000 in a mere month which Anet let them keep, which was fine because there were no rewards at the time gated behind high rank, just titles which only enemy players on other servers can see. So don’t act like your commitment to wvw is really reflected by rank.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Anet I’m behind you.

Don’t cave.

Its a grind on par or worse then the most grindy Korean mmos out there. I play gw2 because it isn’t that Grindy, but apparently with this, now it is. If rank was based on winning zerg vs zerg, or winning in havoc groups or scouting I would say yes this is a reward based on wvw dedication. But it’s not, the best way to rank up is pvd which is achieved by eotm which isn’t even wvw. So why do you care if the req Is lowered? It’s not a reflection of your commitment to the game mode anyway it’s just a horribly egregious grind.

It’s even further cheapened by the fact that people exploited eotm when it launched to gain rank 2000-5000 in a mere month which Anet let them keep, which was fine because there were no rewards at the time gated behind high rank, just titles which only enemy players on other servers can see. So don’t act like your commitment to wvw is really reflected by rank.

Grab boosters and GO PLAY instead of crying on the forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Personally, I don’t really care about the new shineys. I enjoy playing wvw just because I have a ton of fun playing it. Mostly roaming and small havoc, but I do zerg every once in awhile, too.

Even if I could easily get the new shineys in my limited playing time, I doubt if it would interest me much.

If I wanted to grind like crazy for some pretty baubles, I would be playing pve all the time. I have already done super grindy garbage in other, older mmorpgs, to get shineys…and frankly, imo….the sheer time investment is just not worth it.

But hey, if I get 2k wvw rank some day, I will probably just continue playing wvw and completely ignore the ability to get the ‘reward’ for that rank. /shrug

And if you’re into the new shineys, then more power to you and best of luck! As others have said, load up on the boosters and charge ahead!

Peace!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So the thing here is that people mock others for having too high of a rank (EOTM) and then mock people for having too low of a rank for not wxp enough.

I remember making a scientific graph on the matter, but can’t find it. I’ll just make another one. It’s totally objective.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Teon.5168

So the thing here is that people mock others for having too high of a rank (EOTM) and then mock people for having too low of a rank for not wxp enough.

That seems to be a correct assessment, imo.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

I remember making a scientific graph on the matter, but can’t find it. I’ll just make another one. It’s totally objective.

Lol is your rank the outlier?

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

you get more wxp if you can farm the enemy zerg vs trying to ktrain. Bring a guardian lootstick, rev hammer, or necro. ez game ez life git gud.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Lol is your rank the outlier?

Yes! But that’s just details.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

you get more wxp if you can farm the enemy zerg vs trying to ktrain. Bring a guardian lootstick, rev hammer, or necro. ez game ez life git gud.

I already have guardian with loot stick full asc and a hammer rev backline full asc, sorry but pvd in eotm is still the most consistent/fastest way to rank up. So if I want the reward this is the most efficient method, which isn’t even wvw and as such rank isn’t really associated with wvw Commitment, it’s associated more with karma train behavior. And K training for 2000 hours is my idea of a horrible grind.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Anet I’m behind you.

Don’t cave.

Do you need the new shinies to play the game?

Does not having them give you a massive disadvantage over those that do?

For the record, I haven’t even cracked 1,000 in rank after four years, and I still stand behind Anet doing this.

Oh and I run mostly exotics, lol.

And I can still beat you.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Teon.5168

I don’t know about you, but I look much classier in shiney stuff lying dead on the battlefield.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Jayne.9251

For the record, I haven’t even cracked 1,000 in rank after four years, and I still stand behind Anet doing this.

I don’t know about you, but I look much classier in shiney stuff lying dead on the battlefield.

Oh I find I scout my best in the prone position.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Oh I find I scout my best in the prone position.

LOL…..actually, there is some truth to that….lol.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: cera.1435

cera.1435

I consider myself a veteran player and my rank is about 1400. I’ve been paying wvw since a few months after launch. I haven’t bothered with boosters, refuse to farm kitten in EOTM. I get in about 8 – 10 hrs of WvW a week. The majority of my friends get to play a lot more than I do and will be able to access those T3 sets.

I’m kinda sad that I may not get them this time, but it gives me something to use all the boosters I’ve been holding onto since ranks have been pretty much useless for me, since everything has been maxed out forever now. It has inspired me to get in and play a little more when I can.

But don’t lower the cap ANET! Vet players deserve this, and yeah I’m still salty noobs took away my guard stacks….so please don’t lower it!

So for everyone kittening, if you want it…work for it. Work for it the same way that many of the people over rank 2000 have worked for it for nearly 5 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I think 1000 would have been fine, 2000 is too high, especially since it’s only Ascended armor, not Legendary. I would like to see a distribution chart of what all the players have for their current rank.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I think 1000 would have been fine, 2000 is too high, especially since it’s only Ascended armor, not Legendary. I would like to see a distribution chart of what all the players have for their current rank.

I feel like 1000 is the compromise everyone would find reasonable as well. It would put the timeline of getting it within 1 year as opposed to 2, and 1 year to obtain something in this game is on par with all other rewards.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Reminds me of the guard in met in WvW the other night, sporting the tag of a popular raid guild, seemingly trying to up participation by capturing/recapturing our spawn camp on an enemy border and afk-ing inbetween. Full legendary armor … except the pants. He’d died so often to enemy roamers attacking the camp that his pants were broken and showed his undies instead (yellow bikini pants in this case as it was the stereotypical human female you see in fractals and raids so often).

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

While I see why Anet specified the 2k rank in WvW, some peoples attitude here abotu those under even 1k are very elitist.

I get you have 2k or over and congrats, you prob earned it, however to dismiss those that (like myself) have under 1k (~500 here) is kinda toxic. To say (for example) 1k is “dipping your toes” is more of an elitist exaggeration. I have done a ton in WvW despite being the rank I am. Taken countless keeps/towers, commanded a lot and even converted a lot of WoW heads into GW2 and into WvW. I don’t mind having those rewards at 2k rank as most of my game time is WvW so I am not complaining about that, but more of the attitude of some of the people that sound like they belong in PvP.

I was also serious about the congrats as it does take dedication to get to that rank despite ktraining or not. Im not discounting the fact you earned those ranks, just stating you were there once too. Lead by example.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

Why can’t we just use Tomes of Knowledge to up our WvW rank?

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Because you don’t wanna click 2000 tomes per day.

But I like the idea. I could finally bring those things to good use.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

This forum and its bugs!

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.