Maby It's time

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

During the years I have been playing I’ve seen alot of post about open field fights with no sieges.
Maby It’s time for these people to have just that, Anet can you create a fine flat map with point A cap point and Point B cap point so these people can be happy.
I mean who need sieges, who needs walls, who needs borderlands just make a flat map so these people can show off thier commander skills.

And for the love of god dont put sieges on that map they dont know what to do then so please let these people show off thier pixles skills without anyform of sieges.

I promise you Anet this flat map borderland will be so popular that you dont need the rest of the borderlands afterall It’s what the WvW community are asking for.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’d be all for no ability to place siege in open field, but then you limit the scope of attackers to only rams. And I’ve seen some pretty hilarious/inventive siege placement to attack objectives, lol.

Hrm, maybe just disable ACs in open field? Our commanders will turn our zerg away from a fight if someone drops an open-field AC, but I know not everyone does that.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

They are playing the game as designed by using siege, sorry if thats not your personal idea of fun.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Obviously this is taking an idea to the logical absurd extreme.

Maybe on the other hand it is time to have a map with an SMC on point cap A and another SMC on point cap B and all your skills are removed. You can only use siege to attack and defend. Then players can show off their commander siege skills.

See how this works? Not constructive at all, is it?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Maby It's time

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Maybe on the other hand it is time to have a map with an SMC on point cap A and another SMC on point cap B and all your skills are removed. You can only use siege to attack and defend. Then players can show off their commander siege skills.

I was giving my opinion, using siege is apart of wvw, whether taking/defending objectives to open field fights. If it’s been 3 years and people still cannot accept that having a problem with siege in wvw is fundamentally silly, unless it is troll siege ofc, than maybe it is time for those people to either try pvp or try a different mmo, as clearly their perception of what wvw should be in their opinion, and what it actually is are very different.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

On YB and I never build/use open field siege. Why? Because they are the first thing focused and the first ones dead…. Waste of supply IMHO…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

VaaCrow, sorry you didn’t notice my response was to the OP.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They are playing the game as designed by using siege, sorry if thats not your personal idea of fun.

I’m more worried by the general lack of players in WvW. Where has everyone gone? Something is clearly broken in WvW.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

OP is clearly being sarcastic and not stating his own preference when he talks of having seen a lot of posts about wanting open field fights and people being unable to use siege properly.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I was giving my opinion, using siege is apart of wvw, whether taking/defending objectives to open field fights. If it’s been 3 years and people still cannot accept that having a problem with siege in wvw is fundamentally silly, unless it is troll siege ofc, than maybe it is time for those people to either try pvp or try a different mmo, as clearly their perception of what wvw should be in their opinion, and what it actually is are very different.

Yes siege weapons are a part of WvWvW and personally that’s not what I take issue with. It’s that people overuse them because they can. See pic below. Does that seem like a fun time for an opposing team (if you do stuff like this, don’t complain if no one wants to deal with that and there are less people for you to play with). Player weapon skills are also part of WvWvW but learning how to make the most of those becomes a less attractive option for some when they could just sit in relative safety and hit like a truck.

http://i.imgur.com/MIuv7JI.png

Whispers with meat.

Maby It's time

in WvW

VaaCrow.3076

Yes siege weapons are a part of WvWvW and personally that’s not what I take issue with. It’s that people overuse them because they can. See pic below. Does that seem like a fun time for an opposing team (if you do stuff like this, don’t complain if no one wants to deal with that and there are less people for you to play with). Player weapon skills are also part of WvWvW but learning how to make the most of those becomes a less attractive option for some when they could just sit in relative safety and hit like a truck.

http://i.imgur.com/MIuv7JI.png

I’m sorry all i see in that picture is the potential for alot of fun, both for attackers and defenders, that siege forces you to use sneaky tactics like flanking portal bombs or stealth jumps when you’re attacking, and it allows the defenders ways to create time to get a reactionary force back there to defend, or it helps them to slow/whittle down a blob with larger numbers, neither of these are bad things.

and yes it really can be fun to fight things like that, the harder the challenge the more fun it is to overcome, because when you finally conquer the defenders after they have all that defence you know you’ve played much much better, and you’ve had an epic fight there.

I’m sorry that you feel like you’ve been wronged because people use siege, sure it can be annoying, but this is wvw, a war, it is not meant to be fair or balanced, it is meant to be won. And if you’re not utilizing all of your options to both secure a win in a fight, and have a blast at the same time, then maybe it is time for you to take a step back and question whether you want to continue playing or not.

Once again, fair fights are fun, yes, but in wvw there is no such thing as fair, and it won’t make you happier if you’re letting a misguided sense of honour alter your perceptions on how you think people should and should not play a game.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: ChainedOne.7369

ChainedOne.7369

I think what would make a lot of people happy would be to make certain siege more counter-able without placing more siege. I have always found it super annoying that AC fire can go through practically everything. I would prefer if they were able to be treated like projectiles such that they can be destroyed (reflected would probably be way too wonkey). I don’t know the specifics of what kind of programming would be necessary, so I can understand if this is perhaps not possible. I just wish Anet would let us know.

Of course if it is possible this would need some balancing on its own to keep ACs useful for the outnumbered defenders… boy I can start to see why this can be a hassle to balance. You don’t want ACs to be useless, else servers with populations that can’t blob up will face a lot of problems defending. And this will become more important since Anet has plans to make defending more worth while. On the other hand, no one likes to stand in AC fire, we’ve all been there and I totally get why some people just wish ACs were gone.

Perhaps cannons should be looked at, since they are limited in number and can’t be used in the open field. Cannons right now are pretty good at destroying siege, but fairly useless against a zerg, unless it’s one of the high cannons. And even then it has to be manned before the zerg destroys it.

Maby It's time

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

Who wants to cap point A or B? looking for open field fights is just that.

Suicide Necro