in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

They wana go t2 because they like choas

Mag is purposely losing how ba dat

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The people who still run large guild groups gave up on Mag because they claim there’s no fights. So now that there’s no coverage, there’s plenty of fights, but no one wants to play anymore. So we aren’t.

If you want to continue to fight mag players, let us hold the keep waypoint in ebg. Or you can keep ppting because that’s exciting.

I’m not a huge fan of spvp, but that will be my main focus in gw2 in a couple days when the new season starts. That, and other games. Game modes are stale. Everyone knows it. I don’t really feel like wasting gold to transfer yet (despite a lot of people I know already being on another server).

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

The people who still run large guild groups gave up on Mag because they claim there’s no fights. So now that there’s no coverage, there’s plenty of fights, but no one wants to play anymore. So we aren’t.

If you want to continue to fight mag players, let us hold the keep waypoint in ebg. Or you can keep ppting because that’s exciting.

I’m not a huge fan of spvp, but that will be my main focus in gw2 in a couple days when the new season starts. That, and other games. Game modes are stale. Everyone knows it. I don’t really feel like wasting gold to transfer yet (despite a lot of people I know already being on another server).

You know kitten is serious when Leafy is talking jumping ship. A sad day for Mag.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I just noticed this is the third of these threads. I’ve been playing Path of Exile and just doing dailies in gw2. hueh
/customaryinb4lock

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Kro.7984

Kro.7984

Katniss has confessed. He did it. Get back to WvW. You have caused major upheaval!

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

True story or opinions, want an opinion read every other post, want a true story continue reading.

All Maguuma wanted were fights, with every tier Maguuma climbed to fights were good for awhile. The lower tiers offered good roaming for smaller groups and players but offered little in terms of 15s-20s.

The only guilds that I can remember giving great fights on Maguumas climb to T1 were guilds like WOE and TDS besides that most of the oppnents were just zerg trash at the time. The SBI Bannok Map Q blobs of EBG were fun to fight for sure but after Bannok quit that was that.

I am not going to call out every other guild group that we came across but I am just going to say that they were not competitive at that time.

We tried a lot of different things to try and bring fights to us. At one time we sponsored a GVG revival in T3 Many 15-20 Man guilds came down but there was a problem there was no TIER stability and without a solid 3rd server it didn’t work very well. SHortly later HoT was released and that was that. ANET blew it.

We said ok lets just go To T2 so we came up to T2 for fights but there was a problem. Due to Game Manipulation by Malevolent and CO by bandwagon 2 servers it created a vacuum void of competition at T2 level. There wasn’t a strong 3rd server here again. Most of our fights were from FA at the time who was not in really good condition as a server. I will just leave it at that to try and be nice becasue there is a lot of other things I could say.

So now we are at the point of just saying hey the game is Dead there is no fights and we decided we will go to T1 with no plans at all to stay there. We didnt care about beating BG in PPT we never cared about being 1st. We thought hey there is probably a few months to a year left in the game lets just go up and get some fights whatever happens happens.

Fast forward we are in T1 BG isn’t providing us fights instead they go to EOTM and the only meaning full players to fight most of the time are BGs smaller guilds that Havok and PPT. I am not going to be critical of BGs guilds But I will just say we as a server do not feel as if they provided good competition to us, we won most engagements, and after we would wipe them a few times they would start dodging fights, hoping maps or go to EOTM.

Then Came the Fiasco of ANET opening BG server multiple times agisnt all advice of the player base. BG was gaming the system and pretending to have no coverage by coordinating tanking the server and posting threads on the forum begging anet to open the server.

This was a extremely bad move on ANET parts becasue this happen a lot of blayers bandwagon onto Maguuma to counter balance this mistake.

Maguuma never had to try to stay in T1 our server just defended our BL and our 3rd in EBG, Rarely did anyone from Maguuma go to other BLs and PPT. If you hear that we were PPTing in T1 it flat out just didnt happen.

While all this was going on TC and JQ server both basically died players everyday told anet to do something about this and ANET ignored it. So now Mag is stuck in T1 with 1 server that is dead and another server that is just boring and provides no meaningful action and just PPTs 24/7 the third dead server.

So Mag is tired of this it’s the end of the story here folks.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Didn’t mag pay for a lot of guilds to move to mag? It seems like those guilds feel they’ve met their commitment and just want to move on. T1 is glicko locked, and I know personally I hate the same fight every week for months.

Being on SoS, when we were glicko locked to SBI and mag for months I started playing other game modes out of fatigue. When you know your opponent’s every trick, the game mode loses its charm.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

BG wants to stay the top server, even if it means stacking to no end and beating up 2 dead servers, like being number one means anything these days. Everyone is moving down the tiers to try and find good fights again. Mass movement this weekend from mag and tc, have yet to see how badly, but the next few weeks should be telling.

People been asking tier one to destack for like ever, and it’s at the point where BG will never destack because they keep reopening to restock instead. So instead, might as well do the reverse and leave them up in tier one by themselves, there’s no need to build counter servers to them anymore because they run when competition comes around anyways. At least the population IS spreading out once again to the lower servers.

When servers rotate to fight them, just take the week off. They bored servers fighting them, now it’s time to do the same to them, it will be the only way to get guilds to eventually move off from them.

As usual this will be marked as a matchup thread and closed by a moderator who’s not reading the thread. Tier one is now the joke tier.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Warlord.9074

Didn’t mag pay for a lot of guilds to move to mag? It seems like those guilds feel they’ve met their commitment and just want to move on. T1 is glicko locked, and I know personally I hate the same fight every week for months.

Being on SoS, when we were glicko locked to SBI and mag for months I started playing other game modes out of fatigue. When you know your opponent’s every trick, the game mode loses its charm.

Mag only helped transfer 1 PPT guild that was DOC, any other guild that mag help with transfers came to the server exclusively for fights. Several guilds did leave the server for reasons basically that they were not competitive in 20-25 or really competitive enough for T1 they were casual ppt guilds and they went to SBI.

This happened a couple months ago it had zero impact on the server.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

RIP T0 dreams, RIP xushin, RIP Hunk

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

RIP T0 dreams, RIP xushin, RIP Hunk

Pfft, xushin never dies, hes off making 7 legendaries a day to sell on the TP, while farming silverwastes for 16 hours a day, hes a true god of the game.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

…..At least the population IS spreading out once again to the lower servers.
….

or did they all go to the same place? sbi is now full…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I just noticed this is the third of these threads. I’ve been playing Path of Exile and just doing dailies in gw2. hueh
/customaryinb4lock

Change PoE to Marvel Heroes and same story here.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

…..At least the population IS spreading out once again to the lower servers.
….

or did they all go to the same place? sbi is now full…

Sbi and Sos got the bulk of them probably.
JQ is ppting tier 2 out.
YB still holding it’s own in tier 3.
CD/GoM having lover’s quarrel?
So not much much else to go to.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

BG wants to stay the top server, even if it means stacking to no end and beating up 2 dead servers, like being number one means anything these days. t to see how badly, but

BG are pathetic, trying to prop TC up, Mag just refuses to play their game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

Mag only helped transfer 1 PPT guild that was DOC, any other guild that mag help with transfers came to the server exclusively for fights. Several guilds did leave the server for reasons basically that they were not competitive in 20-25 or really competitive enough for T1 they were casual ppt guilds and they went to SBI.

You’re forgetting the OCX/SEA guilds which is what Mag had been lacking and is the reason they were able to push up and be successful in tier 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

/customaryinb4lock

Dragon age and vanilla knights of the old republic for me, though that pillars of eternity looks neat too.

GW2 dead game dead.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

inb4 mods delete this thread so they can pretend everything in WvW is fine.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It only took NA four years to learn T1 =/= best gameplay.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Warlord.9074

You’re forgetting the OCX/SEA guilds which is what Mag had been lacking and is the reason they were able to push up and be successful in tier 1.

Nope SEA is not the same as OCX. Mag never paid any SEA guilds to come to mag. Also Mag has never had SEA coverage except for the couple times ND/MGR came to Mag on their own free will for fights. The 2 OCX guilds that transferred to Mag transferred for fights obviously there are other OCX players to fight in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Don’t bother with PvP, it’s boring, full of the same crap you get in WvW and is stale. Just do dailies and play something else.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You’re implying the ocx guilds were paid? I can confirm that SoX were not paid at all, we funded our transfer ourselves.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.