Mag tactics

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Twice today I have been pulled by a dragonhunter and trapped inside the map. Once inside a pillar at the ogre camp of EBG, and just now under a staircase in air keep.

Is this the secret to getting to tier 1?

In all seriousness though, this has never happened before this match-up. But perhaps it’s because Mag seems to be 80% dragonhunters with the same builds.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Twice today I have been pulled by a dragonhunter and trapped inside the map. Once inside a pillar at the ogre camp of EBG, and just now under a staircase in air keep.

Is this the secret to getting to tier 1?

In all seriousness though, this has never happened before this match-up. But perhaps it’s because Mag seems to be 80% dragonhunters with the same builds.

I doubt they are doing it on purpose. And you’re wrong, we all play frontline druids. RAPID FIRE!!!!!

The Art of Roaming [gank]

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

They mostly play anything that can gank single players…hence why they spawn camp…a lot. Outside of groups they are kitten to fight as I find (and have mentioned/proved several times on and off stream) that in a fair fight (or when they slightly outnumber you), most of them falter. If you use any sense of strategy against the majority will crumble (as there are some that know how to fight without having 2 times your numbers lol)

Those who spawn camp/gank use the same tired tatics. There are 1/2 DD’s, a mez that mass invises and/or uses that curtain, a hammer scrapper with sneak gyro for the group stealth, 2 pew pew druids, and 2/3 DH’s (usually at least 1 condi) plus whatever other pugs want to join them. Ive led a smaller group out one of the sides (as its mainly in EB they do this while another bigger zerg takes everything on your side…this is why they do it) and behind the spawn campers and wiped them easy (portal bomb ftw).

God I miss fighting vs MAG spawn campers…you guys are the most fun and reward lots of loot bags xD

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

They mostly play anything that can gank single players…hence why they spawn camp…a lot. Outside of groups they are kitten to fight as I find (and have mentioned/proved several times on and off stream) that in a fair fight (or when they slightly outnumber you), most of them falter. If you use any sense of strategy against the majority will crumble (as there are some that know how to fight without having 2 times your numbers lol)

Those who spawn camp/gank use the same tired tatics. There are 1/2 DD’s, a mez that mass invises and/or uses that curtain, a hammer scrapper with sneak gyro for the group stealth, 2 pew pew druids, and 2/3 DH’s (usually at least 1 condi) plus whatever other pugs want to join them. Ive led a smaller group out one of the sides (as its mainly in EB they do this while another bigger zerg takes everything on your side…this is why they do it) and behind the spawn campers and wiped them easy (portal bomb ftw).

God I miss fighting vs MAG spawn campers…you guys are the most fun and reward lots of loot bags xD

You’re a skill clicker as seen on your twitch, i guarantee you nobody on Maguuma’s dying to you

Ah, looking for personal insults as a form of defense…. cute…. Too bad I have clips to back what I said up. Don’t be mad tho, not all Mag are bad…as I have previously stated. The fact I click some skills means nothing. I still get my kills and trust me… insinuating that all Mag (or even all WvWers on any server) never die to skill clickers shows me how little you know or care to admit.

I bid you luck on trying to drag anyone down to your level here

I have a hard time believing you got any bags whatsoever from Mag spawn campers when every single time I’ve spawn camped the opposing server literally walks 2 steps out of spawn, gets epi’d and insta-dies.

Also, you claimed you can beat the majority of mag roamers in 1v1’s. I watched like 5 minutes of your stream and man, why you lying?

What kitten

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You’re a skill clicker as seen on your twitch, i guarantee you nobody on Maguuma’s dying to you

Ah, looking for personal insults as a form of defense…. cute…. Too bad I have clips to back what I said up. Don’t be mad tho, not all Mag are bad…as I have previously stated. The fact I click some skills means nothing. I still get my kills and trust me… insinuating that all Mag (or even all WvWers on any server) never die to skill clickers shows me how little you know or care to admit.

I bid you luck on trying to drag anyone down to your level here

I have a hard time believing you got any bags whatsoever from Mag spawn campers when every single time I’ve spawn camped the opposing server literally walks 2 steps out of spawn, gets epi’d and insta-dies.

Also, you claimed you can beat the majority of mag roamers in 1v1’s. I watched like 5 minutes of your stream and man, why you lying?

HAHAHA ah was waiting for this from someone from Mag. Couple things wrong with what you said so let me help by clearing a few things up.

1.) Not once did I say I beat the majority of roamers in the whole server (nothing even close either so why you lying?) but that I love fighting spawn campers.

2.) We haven’t fought Mag in a little while now (should be soon tho) so clearly you weren’t paying attention as I also didn’t say anything like “Were against Mag right now” or even insinuated it so that assumption is all on you mate.

I can “again” admit that im far from pro, however after dying a couple times, believe it or not, some people actually do change up their strat and gasp succeed.

Seeing how this thread is going to get taken down at some point…again…how about someone say something constructive instead of making up things to “try” to call someone out individually?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

HAHAHA ah was waiting for this from someone from Mag. Couple things wrong with what you said so let me help by clearing a few things up.

1.) Not once did I say I beat the majority of roamers in the whole server (nothing even close either so why you lying?) but that I love fighting spawn campers.

Outside of groups they are kitten to fight as I find (and have mentioned/proved several times on and off stream) that in a fair fight (or when they slightly outnumber you), most of them falter. If you use any sense of strategy against the majority will crumble (as there are some that know how to fight without having 2 times your numbers lol)

One might suppose that this extends to 1v1’s.

2.) We haven’t fought Mag in a little while now (should be soon tho) so clearly you weren’t paying attention as I also didn’t say anything like “Were against Mag right now” or even insinuated it so that assumption is all on you mate.

I know you aren’t facing mag. Literally no where did I say “we are stomping you right now” or anything like that. The last time you faced mag was when glicko was broken for a week.

I can “again” admit that im far from decent

FTFY

Sounds like you’re the one with lots of holes with what you said.

What kitten

I’m the one doing the epi-ing. (Or was, haven’t spawn camped anyone in a while.)

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Mag tactics

in WvW

cptaylor.2670

Just happened a THIRD time, on the ramp outside of OW in ebg. Got pulled into the side of the mountain and stuck.

I don’t know if it’s the same person and they’ve done this before so they know where they need to be to cause the glitch or what. But this has NEVER happened before this week. Now three times in one day to this same server?

Something is up, and whether it’s this obnoxious pull crowd control or terrain needing better collision, but something needs to change.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

As a maguuman, let me break this down to you.

1) Spawn camping, there are three exits. You can leave or swap maps. If you continue to run outside by yourself to feed participation it is your own fault.

2) Every server has awesome players, average players, and rallybots. You cannot say a server is more or less skilled. It also ebbs depending on timezone. I am ocx and mag does not dominate in ocx or sea, although we have lots of fun.

3) Every, server, would, do, the, same, thing, as, its, based, on, population, in, map.

If the game is not fun for you, why are you even playing.

In relation to being pulled by guards, only issues I have had has been being stuck in repaired walls so far.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Oh Maguuma:)

I say Anet locks Mag, BG and JQ in forever in perpetuity. Open those servers every 4 weeks so the fair-weathers can bandwagon and forget about them for the rest of the games life.

Rotate the lower servers based on activity and time zone and have some fun.

P.S. Love it when Divynia snipes, too good.

CCCP….

Mag tactics

in WvW

cptaylor.2670

As a maguuman, let me break this down to you.

1) Spawn camping, there are three exits. You can leave or swap maps. If you continue to run outside by yourself to feed participation it is your own fault.

2) Every server has awesome players, average players, and rallybots. You cannot say a server is more or less skilled. It also ebbs depending on timezone. I am ocx and mag does not dominate in ocx or sea, although we have lots of fun.

3) Every, server, would, do, the, same, thing, as, its, based, on, population, in, map.

If the game is not fun for you, why are you even playing.

In relation to being pulled by guards, only issues I have had has been being stuck in repaired walls so far.

If that question? was to me, I do have fun, just not when I’m getting pulled into walls incessantly and trapped. I do have fun when we aren’t outnumbered by a server that sends entire zergs chasing people the entire way across the map just because they’re bored at how easy the match up is for them this week.

But anyway. If I’m going to be yanked 20 yards every 2 seconds it would at least be nice to not be stuck in a wall and aoe’d to death.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Fortifications are more durable when a sacrificial adversary is entombed during construction

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Ermm…..looks like OP post got hijacked, maybe op should report the posts for mods to delete

On topic, op is saying there are quite a few mag players that somehow manage to exploit some forms of glitch that cause players to be stuck in some spot.

I don’t know if is intentional or unintentional but pulls do have some side effects like making the person fly up in the air and drop down, it is weird.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Ermm…..looks like OP post got hijacked, maybe op should report the posts for mods to delete

On topic, op is saying there are quite a few mag players that somehow manage to exploit some forms of glitch that cause players to be stuck in some spot.

I don’t know if is intentional or unintentional but pulls do have some side effects like making the person fly up in the air and drop down, it is weird.

I think the pull into the wall is a feature.

Or more likely, the fix for the moon shots on pulls.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Been pulled inside gates 2x so far by dragonhunters lately. They land the pull on you as you walk into a tower…..then it pulls you back and if you happen to be pulled toward the gate u get stuck in the gate. Then you get rekt cause ur stuck in a gate and a zerg is right there.

Almost lost a t3 tower because of this. I got inside and needed to pull the invul tactic to buy the zerg time to get here to save it……i get pulled into the gate after safely making it and get rekt. THANKFULLY i had time to return and go back and just BARELY made it before the gate fell (4% i think it was, 5% mbe). I pulled the invulnerability and it bought JUST enough time for the zerg to come and wipe them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Mag tactics

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Been pulled inside gates 2x so far by dragonhunters lately. They land the pull on you as you walk into a tower…..then it pulls you back and if you happen to be pulled toward the gate u get stuck in the gate. Then you get rekt cause ur stuck in a gate and a zerg is right there.

Almost lost a t3 tower because of this. I got inside and needed to pull the invul tactic to buy the zerg time to get here to save it……i get pulled into the gate after safely making it and get rekt. THANKFULLY i had time to return and go back and just BARELY made it before the gate fell (4% i think it was, 5% mbe). I pulled the invulnerability and it bought JUST enough time for the zerg to come and wipe them.

See? Now THAT is epic… as they were bombing and running over your corpse, you got to see poetic justice of their Zerg being wiped!!

I just wish we could banner the Lords again…. Ahh. Old school Garry fights….

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Shouldn’t you be blaming the terrible game physics of getting you stuck in whatever, rather than a server?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It is not just Mag. I got stuck into a wall quite a few time before by a DH pull. It’s the collision algorithm that is part of the problem I guess.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Shouldn’t you be blaming the terrible game physics of getting you stuck in whatever, rather than a server?

Inserting Mag gets more views. Logic does not.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

People I know has been reporting this bug for a very long time. but look like it’s still around. May be it’s not a bug. It’s a feature!

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: CrusaderMichael.9245

CrusaderMichael.9245

1) it’s not a Mag tactic.

2) I’m on Mag and was pulled into gate from outside, right after escaping through portal. Stuck inside gate.

3) mag whines like crazy when you don’t have a proper build… which i don’t… half my reason just because I like hearing all the whining.

4) Maguuma is #1 but we tank our ranking for fights.

5) When in doubt… blame VR

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

1) it’s not a Mag tactic.

2) I’m on Mag and was pulled into gate from outside, right after escaping through portal. Stuck inside gate.

3) mag whines like crazy when you don’t have a proper build… which i don’t… half my reason just because I like hearing all the whining.

4) Maguuma is #1 but we tank our ranking for fights.

5) When in doubt… blame VR

I had to laugh at 4). Mag tank their ranked to get easier PiPs. For spawn camping and 3 v 1ing ALL FIGHTS if not more. Mag is nothing but abunch of griefers who combined into Zergon’s Robeasts. Mag does everything possible to make sure people don’t come to play. So they can K-Train in peace.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was some kind of actual cognitive presence at Anet to watch over match’s?

CCCP….

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

Pretty much

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

1) Spawn camping, there are three exits.

Ever heard of EBG? I guess the two exits are behind some bushes.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

1) Spawn camping, there are three exits.

Ever heard of EBG? I guess the two exits are behind some bushes.

Go out the sides. Look for it the next time you are in. There are three exits.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I wouldn’t say that tactic is limited to Mag. I’ve been knocked under the supply structure in inner bay a few times. Then not attacked but left to be stuck. Cheap tactic but hopefully they can fix that bug.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If you think about it practically, dragon hunters have one of the most effective pulls in the game. If you are about to run into a gate, you should expect a CC bomb of some kind to try and prevent you from doing so. I would expect any dh to at least try and pull you away by spamming the key or what not. Since the tether is attached they will pull you. The effect of you clipping into the gate is pure random. This is not just gates though. Expect to be pulled at any point you would enter an area you would deem “safe”.

It’s not on purpose. The probability is just really high.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Oh a matchup thread? This will be gone pretty soon probably, buuuuuut…

Every server has garbage players and garbage tactics. Though to the credit of some of the above posters, Mag solo roamers seem more garbage than the other server’s I’ve faced. Out of the past few months, I think SBI had the most challenging solo/small scale opposition.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Let’s be real and honest here, roaming has been garbage on all servers, if it isn’t the thief gank squad it’s the condi cancer, this isn’t limited to one server. If you want to complain about mag you might want to first look at your own specs, since even on reset night when every map is queued on every server, and the two servers they are facing were still rolling over in one pushes except for like BMO. It’s demoralizing when your organized pug zergs can’t even stand up for 30s in a fight, that’s why people leave.

As for Dragonhunters, they’re a well rounded class coming from guardians, it’s better to pewpew with dragonhunter without a pet, than a ranger with a pet, and since a lot of mag commanders hate rangers not surprising there’s more dragonhunters. When you get pulled and get stuck in something that’s not the dragonhunter trying to exploit the pull, that’s them trying to get you before you get out of sight, but it fires off late and pulls you into something to get stuck. That’s a problem with the game.

Lastly, matchup thread, delete and warnings incoming.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Instead of accusing or complaining or whatever this thread is meant to be, download a freeware vid recording program and see what it causing you to bug out. It takes minutes to set up.

I’ve never seen this happen, but I’ve seen where it pulls you up in the air on uneven surfaces. It’s always better to watch video before accusing a whole server of abusing a bug nobody else has seen before. Because that’s what you’re doing. It’s a wuss Beta move imo.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Mag? As in Maguuma? Crikey. You can have them for sloppy seconds once we’re done stomping them into the ground.

Mag tactics

in WvW

cptaylor.2670

Instead of accusing or complaining or whatever this thread is meant to be, download a freeware vid recording program and see what it causing you to bug out. It takes minutes to set up.

I’ve never seen this happen, but I’ve seen where it pulls you up in the air on uneven surfaces. It’s always better to watch video before accusing a whole server of abusing a bug nobody else has seen before. Because that’s what you’re doing. It’s a wuss Beta move imo.

lol I wonder what server you’re from.

And it hasn’t happened lately. It was just weird that it was three times in the same day when it’s never happened before. But it seems that they stack more Dragonhunters with pulls. Or perhaps it’s just one that happens to know where the spots are that can trap people. Who knows.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I know from experience when I tether someone with my DH and they run into the portal trying to get away from me I can pull them back towards they gate and they will sometimes get stuck in it. I am sure there are other places that can happen as well. Personally, I like to pull people up the inclines outside SMC and watch them fly up like 100 feet and land in my traps.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Let’s be real and honest here, roaming has been garbage on all servers, if it isn’t the thief gank squad it’s the condi cancer, this isn’t limited to one server. If you want to complain about mag you might want to first look at your own specs, since even on reset night when every map is queued on every server, and the two servers they are facing were still rolling over in one pushes except for like BMO. It’s demoralizing when your organized pug zergs can’t even stand up for 30s in a fight, that’s why people leave.

I like these points here. I run power thief on Mag and roam a bit everyday ALONE mainly to get dailies out of the way before joining up on commanders to finish dailies and then get to pipping.

Now being on mag and for the the past few months I run into combos of thief or two plus usually a ranger or DH and they gank or what have you the roamers. It’s part of the game. Know your build, build for the gank or like in my case I don’t stand there taking a whooping when I know the outcome is going to be for me to re-spawn.

I hear so much trash talk of Mag but the kitten people that raise complaints of someone doing this or that is the same thing being done on other servers. You deal or you quit.

Personally since I have built in protections or escapes on my thief and necro for the “condi cancer” I say quit using meta and tweak yourself for the problem instead of kittening about it. If you’re pro then be pro or keep dying. Can’t survive the gank fest in roaming…get someone to run with you and gank them back.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Mag tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I did that once lol. I dont know how. I pull some guy off the wall, and he just launch up in the air and then gravity got him

ps. Windows 10 also has built-in video recording which work fine with GW2.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th