Maguuma/Crystal Desert/Ehmry Bay 2-22

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Shame shame! This is no way to finish out a fight that had me dead and revived so many times my coat and shoulder pads were broken. =(

And why was one of you carrying cabbage, lol?

Friendo, you’re doing something wrong.
.Longbow within 500 range (wtfstupidlowdamage)
.Glass cannon (wtfyou’rearangerpetsdohalfyourdamagewhyevengoglass)
.Signet of stone (youwent30deepinpowerwhichisaterribletraitlinewithloweffectforaterribleinvun)
.Bears (whyifyou’reaglasscannonareyourunningtankypets,you’lldiebeforetheydo)
.Your pet is dead, your pet swap is off cooldown (switchyourkittenpetsoutstupidyou’relosing50%ofyourbeastmoderangerdps)
.You’re playing ranger (nuffsaid)
So far some fun fights, I wish we could stay in t4 and maybe we were weaker to be more in line with the other servers populations

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Shame shame! This is no way to finish out a fight that had me dead and revived so many times my coat and shoulder pads were broken. =(

Yeah because we’re just going to run our face into your zerg over and over like idiots. Thanks for standing right in front of us so many times for badges I guess. After an hour or so of that I came out with 1 death and 25 stacks at the end. gg.

That’s B-class, Tsarazi. On Friday night I died once in 3-4 hours and got 70 badges. And I’m not even good at this game!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

For those of you who go to duels, what do you think about doing a ‘roam zone’ night instead sometime this week? It’d be much less organized, no real rules. Basically just pick a zone and all the roamers head there and attack on sight. It’d be less about setting up clean fights and more just simulating real roaming but with the action concentrated in one area. Just an idea as I know I’m not the only one who thinks duels can be a bit stale after a while.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

.Signet of stone (youwent30deepinpowerwhichisaterribletraitlinewithloweffectforaterribleinvun)
.Your pet is dead, your pet swap is off cooldown (switchyourkittenpetsoutstupidyou’relosing50%ofyourbeastmoderangerdps)
So far some fun fights, I wish we could stay in t4 and maybe we were weaker to be more in line with the other servers populations

Are we really debating my build, weapon, and methods now lol? Alright then…

-Longbow also has the ranger’s one offensive AoE skill. Which until I ran up to get that great huddle pic, I had been using it to assist in warding off your peeps trying to finish any of ours. In conjunction with Point Blank Shot, to knock them away. Doing so VERY successfully I might add. I was acting support mostly, little else.
-Don’t diss Signet of Stone. With a certain trait equipped it offers a tremendous boon. And it’s a trait from a line you mentioned elsewhere in your post. I’ll not reveal the secret directly, but it’s worth it, especially in WvW. Once you see it, you may just —-- bricks.
-I fail to see the problem here.
-Tooki is dead because he’s all up in your happy little indestructible conglomerate up there.
-Ranger suits me fine. I often have little trouble with supply camps solo. Same with most 1v1 with the exception of thieves (of whom hardly anybody has any real defense anyway), or even 1v2-3 if your folks are kill-frothing-dumb enough to follow me into a patrol (90% of the time they are, and not just your server either mind you. I’m not picking at you in particular here). Does anything else matter?

This to me was the only stain on an otherwise great week. You all seem under the impression I have some sort of disdain for you now, but you’d be mistaken. Gonna miss CD especially. They’re very close, and very level with us. Slightly higher though, which the numbers prove, this is even better. Either way it’s far closer than a few of our previous matches.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

^^

omgisokoolithinkiknowwhati’mdoingandtalklikethiscuzipwnfaces

dumb.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

This is the only stain on the week?

We have more work to do, clearly!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

KStudios.2850

This is the only stain on the week?

We have more work to do, clearly!

Perhaps another time? I wish you guys the best in moving up. I hope you don’t end up here with us again. Not because I dislike you, but because you guys are clearly higher and need a better opponent than we can at present be for you.

I feel the same about us in the case of Devona’s Rest. I dislike uneven matches. This has been the closest I’ve seen in a while.

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

saiyr.3071

This is the closest match you’ve seen in awhile but you want us to stay in T3? Wat. And I thought the previous weeks were closer in T4.

in WvW

KStudios.2850

This is the closest match you’ve seen in awhile but you want us to stay in T3? Wat. And I thought the previous weeks were closer in T4.

What would you have me say? Would you rather stay here outclassing us and in constant boredom? I’m aware you guys didn’t fair so well on your previous T3 run. I’m not saying I’d like to condemn you to more of that, hence I hope for your success.

I am wishing you well. Go with it.

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’m just confused as to who you would rather have in this tier if this is the closest match you’ve had. You guys have fought hard on your borderlands whenever I was on it and I’ve had a lot of fun. Ignore the WvW scores and go where the fun is. You guys do a much better job of defending than we could with our morale in T3. Half of last week our borderlands was gone (along with everyone in it) by the time I got home and there wasn’t much to do. I guess if it reaches that point for you then I can understand wanting something new, because I kind of did.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I am playing the devil’s advocate here but I am uneasy with people trying to torpedo the T3 matchup so that they can run over people in T4. If we went to T4 because we tried hard then fine but people were actively trying to lose which I find sad.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Very very few people actually tried to “torpedo” the T3 matchup. It was mostly morale issues. If the fairweather players we had didn’t come out of the woods for this match, it would be much, much more even, because we were back to our T4 population or even less. We just weren’t sure if they had transferred or were really just fairweather. Turns out it was the latter.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hmmm… do you guys want my honest assessment as to Meguma strength based on this weekend?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Didn’t think I’d be agreeing with Saiyr on much, but this really is still a good fight. We’re a lot closer to CD so far this week as well. While we were behind them by 10k points from the get-go and stayed at that until the end, we’re right on their tail still. Plus the fights all morning in EB borderland have been a lot of fun. I haven’t seen such an intense battle for a supply camp in ages… it’s a nice change of pace from being stuck behind the walls of towers/keeps all the time.

While Yak’s might have been a closer match to us, Mag is giving us much more variety in fights than what we’ve had for the past week. I say appreciate it while it lasts because when they get bumped back up a tier, they’re going to be there for a little longer than last time.

Despite the occasional Mag troll in our TS and the spinoff guilds (Spy Hards, hah alright that’s a little funny), I’d still rather be fighting them than Yak’s.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

KStudios.2850

I’m just confused as to who you would rather have in this tier if this is the closest match you’ve had. You guys have fought hard on your borderlands whenever I was on it and I’ve had a lot of fun. Ignore the WvW scores and go where the fun is. You guys do a much better job of defending than we could with our morale in T3. Half of last week our borderlands was gone (along with everyone in it) by the time I got home and there wasn’t much to do. I guess if it reaches that point for you then I can understand wanting something new, because I kind of did.

You know, you may have me there…

We give our all. I can’t possibly sum it up more eloquently than that. Call me stupid, but I’ll run headlong into a horde of 4 or more attacking a camp, if by that my frantic kiting and eventual, nay at that point inevitable, demise will stall the enemy long enough for the rest of our folks to respond. Staying in the cap circle, staying alive, and staying the rise of that cap bar JUST long enough to hold until the cavalry arrives. That’s Ebay. If a single death on the field, one badge or two lost, holds that +5 up there in our favor once that clock runs out… I’m rambling now.

The only time I’ve ever seen us truly down was during our last encounter with Kaineng, and only then because Devona’s seemed of little relief and they owned the map in its entirety almost 24/7. Even then we pulled fast moving groups together for drive-by caps, despite that we knew they’d be gone again in the time it took their zerg to meander along. Zergs are all encompassing generally, but not always fast moving.

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

You guys aren’t waking up to 0 PPT every morning. In that regard, things are much better than what Mag was (and will be again) going through daily in T3.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Didn’t think I’d be agreeing with Saiyr on much

Ha. It may surprise you to know that I don’t troll 100% of the time, and I’ve known Rebel since Guild Wars 1. He is (too) nice and I’ll be un-nice to compensate to anyone who thinks otherwise!

While Yak’s might have been a closer match to us, Mag is giving us much more variety in fights than what we’ve had for the past week.

That’s what I thought too, but you guys know better than me. I thought Yak’s started strong and then lost a lot of lead during the week, so you could argue either way (and the rest of the week hasn’t happened yet).

Despite the occasional Mag troll in our TS and the spinoff guilds (Spy Hards, hah alright that’s a little funny), I’d still rather be fighting them than Yak’s.

I dunno dude, if this is the first major TS troll you’ve had I would count you as lucky. Like I said before, we’ve had one troll come back repeatedly several months ago posting absolutely disgusting pictures in our Mumble, but we didn’t pin it on any particular server. We still have gordzilla coming back when he gets a new IP who likes to do music spam and call me mean names for banning him. Heck, we have people on our own server that like to troll on our Mumble. I think you should let it go and move on, because I doubt there’s actual evidence that it’s us. But do whatever you wish.

By the way, I will be repping Spy Hards if I see GH in the field so you can all hunt me down and stab me in the face because I am bad at this game and squishy as hell, so enjoy!

also butts

Edit:

You know, you may have me there…

We give our all. I can’t possibly sum it up more eloquently than that. Call me stupid, but I’ll run headlong into a horde of 4 or more attacking a camp, if by that my frantic kiting and eventual, nay at that point inevitable, demise will stall the enemy long enough for the rest of our folks to respond. Staying in the cap circle, staying alive, and staying the rise of that cap bar JUST long enough to hold until the cavalry arrives. That’s Ebay. If a single death on the field, one badge or two lost, holds that +5 up there in our favor once that clock runs out… I’m rambling now.

The only time I’ve ever seen us truly down was during our last encounter with Kaineng, and only then because Devona’s seemed of little relief and they owned the map in its entirety almost 24/7. Even then we pulled fast moving groups together for drive-by caps, despite that we knew they’d be gone again in the time it took their zerg to meander along. Zergs are all encompassing generally, but not always fast moving.

Running into camps to keep the circle up isn’t stupid, we (used to?) do that kind of thing all of the time. Oozo from DR (I think) complimented us for that kind of stuff. But yeah, Kaineng was a downer for everyone because they just had massive zergs that weren’t even that good. But more importantly (at least for us), fighting at T3 is mostly just by attrition, so it gets tiring very, very quickly.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

also butts

Trying to get the thread closed?!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Excal.3540

Excal.3540

My guild had some good times with Ehmry Bay and Maguuma invaders this morning around Victor’s Lodge. Thanks for all the fun

in WvW

saiyr.3071

also butts

Trying to get the thread closed?!

Hey, at least I’m not the thread OP this time, so it won’t get the entire thread deleted. But yes, you caught me.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

My guild had some good times with Ehmry Bay and Maguuma invaders this morning around Victor’s Lodge. Thanks for all the fun

>3< nice one. taking that camp, and defending it took some guts.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

To the CD guys fighting in Maguuma BL in the past 2 hours:

That was some of the best small team pvp I’ve seen in WvW since I’ve started playing this game. Very good play by the [FEAR] mesmer and necro. The necro had very measured use of shroud. Even with stability up, he landed his boon rips on the right targets, used his shroud 3 to bait out skills and interrupt my heal skill (twice).

There was a sick guardian too with a [NAGA] tag and all round just really tight play by the whole group. There was a random mix of tags, not a single guild group. We got handed 3 or 4 times initially with even numbers until we copped on that holy cow, these guys can play. No shame in getting beat by play like that imo.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Nice fiting PK ^^

Attachments:

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Screenshots taken from behind walls are always very impressive.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Wow, you’re just looking for anything to pick at. Well, here ya go:

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

EB, you guys should try to save your stuff instead of wasting time camping the JP

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yes, come save your SW camp in your BL. We’re so serious about taking that camp and west keep, ya know.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyrime.6958

Kyrime.6958

There’s something far too fun about kidnapping golems and putting them on supply huts.

Attachments:

Kyrime [Ark] – Human Thief
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: TokenTrevor.2563

TokenTrevor.2563

Also outside the walls =]

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Wow, you’re just looking for anything to pick at. Well, here ya go:

Look at that sexy beast with the flaming sword.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

That one is better since it at least has some spell effects in it. :P

Did pk do something to kitten you off (other than having a silly guild name)?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Everyone please purchase a dyson vacuum for your mesmer sweeping needs.

This pic is inside a tower. This pic has no spell effects.
It’s like you’re gonna find something to complain about no matter what. And whether or not you’re serious in the matter, it’s just really petty.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Vacuum =/= Sweeper

I personally recommend a Swiffer

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Vacuum =/= Sweeper

I personally recommend a Swiffer

Ahem

Attachments:

[SU]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

What?! Are you kidding me?! Dyson mops the floor with Swiffer when it comes to getting rid of those pesky mesmers! PUN INTENDED!

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

For those of you who go to duels, what do you think about doing a ‘roam zone’ night instead sometime this week? It’d be much less organized, no real rules. Basically just pick a zone and all the roamers head there and attack on sight. It’d be less about setting up clean fights and more just simulating real roaming but with the action concentrated in one area. Just an idea as I know I’m not the only one who thinks duels can be a bit stale after a while.

This is a great idea

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Did pk do something to kitten you off (other than having a silly guild name)?

No, they are just a really easy target. Their reactions are pretty fun to watch

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

GG @ Maguuma players using line of sight hacks to attack people inside towers.

Real skill there!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Real skill there!

What? What skill hit you? Where were you? What the hell is a line of sight hack?

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

He was probably standing behind a gate and got smoked by a bunch of AoE.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

No, inside quentin lodge, dragon tooth and constant mesmer spam in safe spots.

Not just me but others as well. And no, wanna be know it alls, they weren’t sniping from the gulley in quentin.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Real skill there!

What? What skill hit you? Where were you? What the hell is a line of sight hack?

Something like this.

Attachments:

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

There’s something far too fun about kidnapping golems and putting them on supply huts.

That picture brought me great joy and happiness

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in WvW

Oozo.7856

It’s like you’re gonna find something to complain about no matter what. And whether or not you’re serious in the matter, it’s just really petty.

Well, your pic is not the one I replied to (go take a look at who I replied to – it wasn’t you). The pic I replied to has some spell effects in it. Also, both your pic and the pic I replied to are outside the tower. No clue what you are talking about.

On a scale of pettiness would you rate me above or below taking a screenshot of some dead people while someone spam laughs them?

And, don’t worry – I’m not being serious. I like to practice my PvP skillz on the forums sometimes.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

No, inside quentin lodge, dragon tooth and constant mesmer spam in safe spots.

Not just me but others as well. And no, wanna be know it alls, they weren’t sniping from the gulley in quentin.

I’ve been attacked with dragon’s tooth before behind walls. I thought it was zoom hacks but someone told me it’s pretty common for it to happen for some reason that I forgot. I don’t know what skill “constant mesmer spam” is but yeah. Blame hacks I guess!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Nice golem rush in the dredge cave, pk. You almost made it somewhere

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

All of the garrisons are belong to Maguuma

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

dragon tooth didnt need line of sight to cast last i checked, did they patch that at some point? if they havent, they simply needed to have target on u at 1 point and can spam it on u through wall as long as u are in range

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

KStudios.2850

Didn’t think I’d be agreeing with Saiyr on much

Ha. It may surprise you to know that I don’t troll 100% of the time, and I’ve known Rebel since Guild Wars 1. He is (too) nice and I’ll be un-nice to compensate to anyone who thinks otherwise!

D’aww. Comradery for the win.

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Well, your pic is not the one I replied to (go take a look at who I replied to – it wasn’t you). The pic I replied to has some spell effects in it. Also, both your pic and the pic I replied to are outside the tower. No clue what you are talking about.

On a scale of pettiness would you rate me above or below taking a screenshot of some dead people while someone spam laughs them?

And, don’t worry – I’m not being serious. I like to practice my PvP skillz on the forums sometimes.

You’re complaining about someone being in a tower, then you half-complain about spell effects, that’s what I’m talking about. It had nothing to do with my pic vs the one you quote. The laugh spamming and screenshot is about trolling, not actual chest thumping, you’d think you’d know that by now if it’s coming from Maguuma. Do people still not believe we just do these things to get a reaction, not because we think we’re better than anyone?

Oh, is that what you call forum PvP? Because it just looked like you were constantly looking for something to complain about. Then again what are forums for if not that exact same reason. Shame on me for not detecting it sooner

But either way this is usually the reaction you get when you post dead bodies. No one ever says, “good job” it’s always some excuse and/or downward spiral into further trolling. No one will love Maguuma, its like we’re jerks or something.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)