Maguuma/Crystal Desert/Ehmry Bay 2-22

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I wish the Trading post would work properly in WVW. I dislike having to reconnect in order to buy or sell something >3<

Meh… >3< FIX THIS TP YOU DEVS.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Forgot to post this before I left yesterday. A friendly Asura and I got REALLY bored in Pangloss Mine that morning. Decked the place out in siege. To the misfortune of a Mag flyby capping group and later a solo ele.

When life gives you ballista’s, make humanoid kabobs? O.o

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Exactly how long ago did that happen? Depending on the time you attacked you probably caught us on one of our ‘deadzones’ when barely anybody is online.

Around 5~6AM EST.
You had people busy zerging EB at that time.

^ Our CD don’t have coverage to cover 2 borderlands at a time. And since everyone considers eternal to be the homeland borderland. CD bl is often left unattended.

When i command i always hit up CD BL first make sure its blue then head to eternal. Which time range are you speaking? Just out of curiosity.

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Exactly how long ago did that happen? Depending on the time you attacked you probably caught us on one of our ‘deadzones’ when barely anybody is online.

Around 5~6AM EST.
You had people busy zerging EB at that time.

^ Our CD don’t have coverage to cover 2 borderlands at a time. And since everyone considers eternal to be the homeland borderland. CD bl is often left unattended.

When i command i always hit up CD BL first make sure its blue then head to eternal. Which time range are you speaking? Just out of curiosity.

Everyday 6pm – 12am SEA time.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Well, either EB or DC have people on their borderlands during NA morning time. But DC has better reaction time, about 30 seconds better.
Yeah, I tested.

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I gotta admit, I’m a little disappointed with our CD NA timers…I usually pop in during the oceanic time. In the first few days we grabbed SMC from maguuma in a pretty outnumbered fight…spent a good chunk of time defending and upgrading it. Even doing supply runs for stocking up on the siege.

When I come back, all our effort is wasted with Maguuma owning SMC again. I mean, what happened guys? There was practically siege at every corner. How did you not hold them off?

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I gotta admit, I’m a little disappointed with our CD NA timers…I usually pop in during the oceanic time. In the first few days we grabbed SMC from maguuma in a pretty outnumbered fight…spent a good chunk of time defending and upgrading it. Even doing supply runs for stocking up on the siege.

When I come back, all our effort is wasted with Maguuma owning SMC again. I mean, what happened guys? There was practically siege at every corner. How did you not hold them off?

I’m guessing they didn’t have the numbers, like in most cases

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Point Blank Shot apparently works wonders for enemies near cliff precipices…

Dunno which is worse, the fact that it worked, or the fact they let me do it twice.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

we lack na coverage. so we shouldn’t blame our na counterparts. they’re doing what they can.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Night friends.

Here’s a nice memory. Holding the bridge against Mags.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Night friends.

Just of curiosity: how many golems were thrown on our keep? People say 7 omega and one alpha, but I was on the burning oil and don’t really know…

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Night friends.

Just of curiosity: how many golems were thrown on our keep? People say 7 omega and one alpha, but I was on the burning oil and don’t really know…

We were using trebs; no golem were used. At least none at the time this picture was taken.

Man, if we had 2 omegas… the things we could do >3<

Pretty much our server don’t spend a lot in wvw. Not when we think it would be a waste.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Arikyali.5804

we lack na coverage. so we shouldn’t blame our na counterparts. they’re doing what they can.

I dunno if I can agree with that. I come on with NA too, just less often. The populations seem similar, NA being a bit bigger. Just feels like more people put effort in during oceanic time, than NA.

I will give credit though: for a small population, we can cause plenty trouble. If we could just muster the numbers, no doubt CD would regain this former glory I’ve heard so much about.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I’m always baffles me how NA servers can possibly lack NA coverage.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Your populations might be roughly the same between Oceanic and NA (I’m skeptical, for no real reason), but our NA presence is roughly 1000000x larger than our Oceanic presence. So it doesn’t really matter if your population is constant.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

I’m always baffles me how NA servers can possibly lack NA coverage.

Haha, weird yeah? ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Your populations might be roughly the same between Oceanic and NA (I’m skeptical, for no real reason), but our NA presence is roughly 1000000x larger than our Oceanic presence. So it doesn’t really matter if your population is constant.

Numbers game. You guys are more than us; so we can’t really keep you guys at bay unless if we exert effort. But, i doubt our server will do that.

it is already wednesday and the score disparity is high. We’d probably maintain just enough points to remain second.

our server don’t want to leave this tier, not until we have more people.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Lately, Maguuma has a queue in EBG (nowhere else) during NA prime weekdays so you would need to be close to matching that to have a chance holding SMC.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Lately, Maguuma has a queue in EBG (nowhere else) during NA prime weekdays so you would need to be close to matching that to have a chance holding SMC.

Nice.

24/7 CD has no queue. I miss those days when i had to wait for queue in sea fearer or desolation. >3< it’s like i’m back at vabbi. ^,.,^

Sadly though, I think my server has no plans of trying to beat you. We’ll just do our own thing and see from there.

Of course, I don’t speak for the entire server. I myself am a transferee here.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Numbers game. You guys are more than us; so we can’t really keep you guys at bay unless if we exert effort. But, i doubt our server will do that.

it is already wednesday and the score disparity is high. We’d probably maintain just enough points to remain second.

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean, there’s no point in blaming a smaller (relative to the other servers) NA presence for losing stuff.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean, there’s no point in blaming a smaller (relative to the other servers) NA presence for losing stuff.

I think no one here is blaming our smaller in number NA presence. I for one am not blaming them. I think they are doing a good job for trying.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think no one here is blaming our smaller in number NA presence. I for one am not blaming them. I think they are doing a good job for trying.

I was originally replying to this:

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

ah. makes sense.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Dokyo.3685

Dokyo.3685

For those talking about CD NA losing stuff and the numbers I can only give you my experience the day before yesterday. I logged in around 5:30 central US, so 6:30est into Eternal. We had bravost and nothing else. I ran up to umber and me and 2 other guys took it back (no one tried to stop us except npcs).

After that we managed to get about 8 ppl and took dan’s suply and langor back, again with no one really trying to stop us. We had the outmanned buff this whole time and never really saw anyone else on the map, and no one was saying anything in map chat when I talked. We started trebbing our valley keep from langor and got the outer wall down. I started calling for people to come rally to us as the inner wall was getting low and we ended up with 12 or so people total. With the inner valley wall at about 20% about 30-35 mags showed up steamrolled langor, killed our treb, wiped us and fixed valley wall.

We are left with just bravost and umber again. We are switching umber back and forth with eb some. Mags have left, I can only assume to fight eb in the west.

About 30 minutes later we have a few more ppl, maybe 15 and get the other side of valley keep near bravost down with catas. Get rams set up fairly quickly and take down inner door. We are in lord room and mags start showing up. We get it claimed to 90%, we probably needed like 3 seconds, but the circle stays contested. Mags keep showing up. That same 30+ that showed up before, and after about 5 minutes we are wiped and pushed all the way out and the walls are back up. They continue pushing and take bravost and we are pushed back to spawn with nothing.

At this point it’s around 9:30 est and we are starting to get some more people and end up with maybe 20-25 ourselves and get some balistas set up right outside spawn to push back the mags. I play here for another 30 minutes or so before I need to go and it’s looking like we might be able to get something back soon, but I leave before we actually do. Somewhere towards the end there I finally don’t have the outmanned buff anymore.

I don’t want you all to thing I’m complaining or anything. I actually had a blast that night, got a lot of kills, died some, dropped a few acs and balistas. I just wanted to point out what’s it’s like sometimes. There isn’t much you can do with 15 people when the other team just responds with more than double your number when you try to take something.

I’m not saying it’s like that every night either. I logged in last night around 8:30 est and CD had all of our Eternal and golanta and klovan from mags side too.

Sometimes though you’ve got less than 10 ppl and all you can do it hope the other team doesn’t respond when you try to take something. Mostly they do and you end up dead, but hell at least you tried and maybe took one or two down with you.

Ketseras
Crystal Desert – Tonic [Lime]

(edited by Dokyo.3685)

in WvW

Arikyali.5804

Oh, I’m not blaming anyone. I know there are times you can’t do anything against a zerg if you don’t have the numbers. Like I said, our small teams can cause a nuisance despite the size

But I am disappointed that it’s not as coordinated as well as it can be. Do you know how much siege was placed inside there? Lord’s room was capped, a cata or two at every inner gate, 2-3 arrow carts at the walls, and even burning oil was built. I think someone even donated for cannons. We got it all set up and prepared for NA to defend, at least up to the inner wall. Even two trebs! That’s plenty to hold off a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Akitsuki.6803

Akitsuki.6803

How’s the Filipino Community in CD? I didnt know that your fillipino Sovereign

(edited by Akitsuki.6803)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Oh, I’m not blaming anyone. I know there are times you can’t do anything against a zerg if you don’t have the numbers. Like I said, our small teams can cause a nuisance despite the size

But I am disappointed that it’s not as coordinated as well as it can be. Do you know how much siege was placed inside there? Lord’s room was capped, a cata or two at every inner gate, 2-3 arrow carts at the walls, and even burning oil was built. I think someone even donated for cannons. We got it all set up and prepared for NA to defend, at least up to the inner wall. Even two trebs! That’s plenty to hold off a zerg.

I kind of equate blame and disappointment in this case :P Either way, I don’t really think the problem was coordination (caveat: I wasn’t there). All of that siege is nice, but it will go away over time in a protracted defense. Holding SM is not easy when you don’t have the numbers to play the game, because you have to dedicate a larger percentage of your forces to defense, leaving all of your other territory open to attack. Without supply getting in, it’s just a matter of time before it falls. Just my two cents, anyway!

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Whoa, all these player v wall stories are so enthralling keep um coming! Nothing like beating on a door to say you pvp’d.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Honestly, if your NA guys are anything like our Oceanic guys (going 15 vs 40 every day in battles they know they can’t win) then they are probably some of the hardest working players in this game.

I mean regular joe NA players on other servers may balk at the idea of fighting outnumbered. Take a little bit of comfort knowing that yours can breath fire and shoot lasers from their eyes.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

I don’t think I’ll survive in the NA side if I didn’t have friends to play with. When I called for help for people to protect danelon, it was like me and this OP stealth thief fighting. And I was losing even if I had the help of the NPCS.

Then we got QL. And we lost it because the back up were few, and our AC was build a little to late >3<.

Was fun, but sad. Time to play pve at this time.

How’s the Filipino Community in CD? I didnt know that your fillipino sovie

At present, you’re writing to the only Filipino I know in CD. I’m sure there are others, but haven’t met them. A few weeks ago, a certain Lurker – filipino, was someone I talked with in our public TS. But that’s it. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Arikyali.5804

Small teams are enough to quickly flip a supply camp, unless there are campers. And as long as you don’t drain too much supply, you can still get them out of the keep. Just have randoms run over now and then to refresh siege for attacks. If zergs keep coming, the constant use of siege would keep them there anyway.

Mag tried to pull off a decoy by attacking a tower to get us to defend and leave SMC open. We didn’t fall for it. We were pretty outnumbered that time too. they left the tower alone after that – we’d get it back anyway if it was taken. They won’t defend a tower near our turf.

If CD is always outnumbered, why do we still focus on keeps and castles in the first place? In total, more camps/towers count to more points than keeps, and small hit teams are really well oriented for taking them – what CD is good at. Keep camps from upgrading to minimize enemy defense, one keep in EB to maintain defense to towers, and steal towers back and forth, timing it to point counts, and drain the supplies in the towers so invaders don’t have it for use. Right after enough towers and camps are gathered and the minimum siege built, we go straight for keeps. But why, when we don’t have the numbers to defend in a standstill? We got the numbers for a movable army to run around.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Small teams are enough to quickly flip a supply camp, unless there are campers. And as long as you don’t drain too much supply, you can still get them out of the keep. Just have randoms run over now and then to refresh siege for attacks. If zergs keep coming, the constant use of siege would keep them there anyway.

Mag tried to pull off a decoy by attacking a tower to get us to defend and leave SMC open. We didn’t fall for it. We were pretty outnumbered that time too. they left the tower alone after that – we’d get it back anyway if it was taken. They won’t defend a tower near our turf.

If CD is always outnumbered, why do we still focus on keeps and castles in the first place? In total, more camps/towers count to more points than keeps, and small hit teams are really well oriented for taking them – what CD is good at. Keep camps from upgrading to minimize enemy defense, one keep in EB to maintain defense to towers, and steal towers back and forth, timing it to point counts, and drain the supplies in the towers so invaders don’t have it for use. Right after enough towers and camps are gathered and the minimum siege built, we go straight for keeps. But why, when we don’t have the numbers to defend in a standstill? We got the numbers for a movable army to run around.

if based on CD’s point of view, well it’s fun to take keeps/castles. I doubt CD server is point oriented anymore at this time. We’re still trying to improve.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Mag will be back in T3 soon. Couple of my friends already transferred off the server because they hate T3 so much, and considering the Mag fairweathers make it so I can’t even enjoy T4 on the rare times we are here, I’m starting to think they did the right thing. Either that or it’s time to get back into spvp. Don’t like the game mode, but at least I can find good fights in tpvp.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Mag will be back in T3 soon. Couple of my friends already transferred off the server because they hate T3 so much, and considering the Mag fairweathers make it so I can’t even enjoy T4 on the rare times we are here, I’m starting to think they did the right thing. Either that or it’s time to get back into spvp. Don’t like the game mode, but at least I can find good fights in tpvp.

:3 well, we play because it is fun right? ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Sorry to hear that. Honestly, I really enjoy t3. Either way, though, I try to play every week, regardless of tier.

Maybe roamers will have a new role as scouts/counter scouts since the changes to map swords.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

if based on CD’s point of view, well it’s fun to take keeps/castles. I doubt CD server is point oriented anymore at this time. We’re still trying to improve.

I agree that we’re a skirmishy server, and it’s all well and good to run around the enemy BL and flip camps on the karma train, but Sov’s right… it’s not that inspiring and they usually get flipped right back. I’m usually hoping for a fight to hold the camp than anything else…

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Akitsuki.6803

I don’t think I’ll survive in the NA side if I didn’t have friends to play with. When I called for help for people to protect danelon, it was like me and this OP stealth thief fighting. And I was losing even if I had the help of the NPCS.

Then we got QL. And we lost it because the back up were few, and our AC was build a little to late >3<.

At present, you’re writing to the only Filipino I know in CD. I’m sure there are others, but haven’t met them. A few weeks ago, a certain Lurker – filipino, was someone I talked with in our public TS. But that’s it. ;3

If you ever need help just Ask any of the [RoG] members especially The Only God. [RoG] are on WvW most of the time. I think the night after reset night we hold Pangloss for 2 hours and keep on taking Ogre and Slope with just 6 of us. We hold of Mag zerg and EBay zerg serveral times and wipe them several times to.

Do you live in the Philippines or in America? You should join us sometime when we are in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: PaulV.3245

PaulV.3245

“Maybe roamers will have a new role as scouts/counter scouts since the changes to map swords.”

Excuse my laziness, but what changes are you referring to ?

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Sorry to hear that. Honestly, I really enjoy t3. Either way, though, I try to play every week, regardless of tier.

Maybe roamers will have a new role as scouts/counter scouts since the changes to map swords.

There’s a chance T3 will be different when Mag returns if SoS is truly imploding. If it all works out, Mag might be having constant battles against DB and YB instead of DB and FA.

P.S. I heard a rumor mag is a zerg server!

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

If you ever need help just Ask any of the [RoG] members especially The Only God. [RoG] are on WvW most of the time. I think the night after reset night we hold Pangloss for 2 hours and keep on taking Ogre and Slope with just 6 of us. We hold of Mag zerg and EBay zerg serveral times and wipe them several times to.

Do you live in the Philippines or in America? You should join us sometime when we are in WvW.

In Philippines. That is awesome.
—-

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

saiyr.3071

There’s a chance T3 will be different when Mag returns if SoS is truly imploding. If it all works out, Mag might be having constant battles against DB and YB instead of DB and FA.

We are the zergiest zerg that ever zerged the zergzergzergzergzerg

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

But I heard Mag is not a zerg server, and Mag doesn’t like to be called as a zerg server~

Maybe, the zergs people see are just the clones of the actual Mag players ^-^
Mag must have done intensive PCR somewhere to make those clones xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Mag has been calling itself a zerg server for like a month.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Sucks we had to leave:( I loved the roaming community on mag. Past week on devonas is seriously the best rvr since maguuma 2.0

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Mag is a zerg server until we meet a bigger zerg server.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Sucks we had to leave:( I loved the roaming community on mag. Past week on devonas is seriously the best rvr since maguuma 2.0

Your signature is out of date!

in WvW

Posted by: Ikarushka.9564

Ikarushka.9564

Mag is a zerg server until we meet a bigger zerg server.

That is true of every server Except the server with most people i suppose

Cheekadee. Asuran engineer

in WvW

Akitsuki.6803

I’m sorry if we always lose SMC whenever you guys take it. CD is always outnumbered by Mag in their NA prime time and even in CD NA prime time.

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

I’m sorry if we always lose SMC whenever you guys take it. CD is always outnumbered by Mag in their NA prime time and even in CD NA prime time.

you men did your best. we couldn’t ask for me because we know you are outnumbered, and it would be expensive to upgrade sm/sieges on it.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Score and hair update

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!