Maguuma/Dragonbrand/Fort Espenwood 2-15

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

As much as you claim there is no one on your server that would resort to spying, I have a hard time believing that. When we moved our golems from our spawn to behind the windmill (you guys owned the south camp btw) 5-10 Drgn came running at us. If you didnt resort to spying, i would love to know what kind of scouting you guys have so we can also use that on Mag.

If you’re talking about Sunday morning in FABL, that was PD and not Drgn. We had a scout watching your spawn point and giving us updates.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Stigmatized.1672

Stigmatized.1672

Another Video now on Magumma Borderland it was fun, like 2 hrs saving a supplie camp ^^

[RB] Commander Tyrion Delos Bravos – Condi/Tank Mesmer – Fort Aspemwood

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Reaaaaally fun skirmishes out the front of DB spawn / Bluebriar in FA BL and in the surrounding supply camps.
I think Maguuma felt a little left out and came to join the fun too. Awesome!

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I am not making excuses. I really don’t care if we’re losing. Just like you are sick of excuses, I am sick of people from your server pretending you’re “above” the “underhanded tactics” from other servers. So let me flip your question back at you, why would Drgn resort to spying on us?

Edit: I also wouldn’t have said anything if you weren’t being so self-righteous, because we actually don’t care that much either.

All I did was point out the obvious of FA not needing to resort to such tactics and also that I’ve personally never come across any these exploits being used by FA. If you took offense to that, I don’t know what to say.

As for an answer to your question:

As a regular commander in Drgn, I can tell you that if we have people spying on your mumble it’s for their own humor, not for tactical purposes. Or possibly for our humor. I’ve heard people talk about this, but we haven’t had active spies since Pending was around. Even then, it was because Pending enjoyed the social aspect of the game… recruiting/spying/guild amalgamation.

We all good now buddy?

As much as you claim there is no one on your server that would resort to spying, I have a hard time believing that. When we moved our golems from our spawn to behind the windmill (you guys owned the south camp btw) 5-10 Drgn came running at us. If you didnt resort to spying, i would love to know what kind of scouting you guys have so we can also use that on Mag.

I am a Drgn commander and i can tell you we do not resort to spying on your voip, as strange as it may seem, i would say you guys were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Do you really think you saying “we are not spying” Is going to convince him? If you are spying would you admit it or would you try and get people to think you were not so it would still work. Just saying is all.

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Big ups to BT and RET who have found out that the best way to beat a zerg is to be a zerg! Man i wish we could have learned that revolutionary guild tactic sooner.

[BT]‘s 15-20 has always looked like 40 to you guys hasn’t it? it’s all the pugs probably

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKreO8zr95I

(edited by Expunge.4926)

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Big ups to BT and RET who have found out that the best way to beat a zerg is to be a zerg! Man i wish we could have learned that revolutionary guild tactic sooner.

[BT]‘s 15-20 has always looked like 40 to you guys hasn’t it? it’s all the pugs probably

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKreO8zr95I

Considering Maguuma is 90% pugs, when we see guild groups bigger than half of an enemy zerg, we just lump them all together.

However, GODS seems to legitimately run with 40+.

As a guild leader on a very militia esque server, I wish I could run with a consistent 15. I only get those numbers on reset.

Edit: why isn’t that video available on mobile?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

This is true, although we usually split into 2-4 squads…sometimes coming together to form up and wipe a force that may be the same size or so.

ie. One squads runs into you head first, the other may flank around and do clean up.

Honestly though we are only 40+ on the reset/weekends. During the week it usually goes down…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

This is true, although we usually split into 2-4 squads…sometimes coming together to form up and wipe a force that may be the same size or so.

ie. One squads runs into you head first, the other may flank around and do clean up.

Honestly though we are only 40+ on the reset/weekends. During the week it usually goes down…

It’s still very impressive, and leads to some good fights. Sometimes, however, playing against FA feels like the zombie apocalypse.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

etrigan.4213

It’s still very impressive, and leads to some good fights. Sometimes, however, playing against FA feels like the zombie apocalypse.

Well to be fair you guys had the same amount on your own BL last night. First time in a week I’ve seen you guys with numbers. It was fun!

We need more of that!!

Its interesting the difference in our servers:

FA wants to go up a tier even though we’ll get facerolled, we just want people to kill.

A bunch of MAG wants to go down a tier…so they can have smaller fights, even though you are going to end up rolling over Tier 4 if you drop.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

A bunch of MAG wants to go down a tier…so they can have smaller fights, even though you are going to end up rolling over Tier 4 if you drop.

I doubt it. Mag has no idea how to win.

in WvW

etrigan.4213

History doesn’t reflect that. Mag destroyed Yaks the last time they played. I can only imagine that if Mag drops, Yaks will go up…and Mag will be stuck with the servers that lost badly to Yaks….a server that couldn’t reach 100k the last time they played against Mag.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

I don’t care if we go up, down or sideways. I just want another crack at Tarnished Coast someday.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

History doesn’t reflect that. Mag destroyed Yaks the last time they played. I can only imagine that if Mag drops, Yaks will go up…and Mag will be stuck with the servers that lost badly to Yaks….a server that couldn’t reach 100k the last time they played against Mag.

Eh, that was Mag 2.0. We’re more like Mag 1.5 now.

Edit: score update?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

(edited by ParaldaWind.4523)

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

Every server has some guilds that are like that. I wind up defending hills keep a lot, and at least once a week the only difference between defending hills in WvW and defending Pent/Shelter in Orr is that I get better drops in Orr.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

How bad was your exodus when free transfers were finished?

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Well we sure don’t field 2 queued maps during the work week 24/7 anymore, that’s for sure.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

How bad was your exodus when free transfers were finished?

We were still winning on the 28th, I think, so I don’t believe the fairweather players left, just that they stopped playing.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Our goblin trolls ate the transfers to appease the great Grub god and the Flame Ram Lord

[SU]

in WvW

etrigan.4213

Welp Mag 1.5 would likely still stomp everyone in Tier 4 if they dropped.

You guys beat Yaks by 414,000 points last time. Even in an absolutely worst case scenario you would likely still beat Yaks opponents by 100k or more.

If you want fights…Tier 3 is where its at for you.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

I’m pretty sure Mag can manage the PPT to stay at T4 in the same way are managing losing T3 matchups the latest weeks.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

If only we could clone our current NA community and sit them down at computers during the off hours.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

Score update pwetty pwease anybody

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Score update pwetty pwease anybody

Seconded.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

etrigan.4213

Here ya go….kids must be home from school due to presidents day.

Attachments:

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

103,403 + 385 Aspenwood
75,856 + 80 Dragonbrand
66,568 + 230 Maguuma

Attachments:

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Here ya go….kids must be home from school due to presidents day.

It’s President’s Day? Man… my orgo professor never gives us President’s Day off.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

Meanwhile in Canadaland, we get Family day.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

I know… and I happen to be where it isn’t a holiday… Can’t wait to leave my office
today.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I heard home was the only place to access the internet.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

You guys beat Yaks by 414,000 points last time. Even in an absolutely worst case scenario you would likely still beat Yaks opponents by 100k or more.

Yaks literally decided to not log on after the reset, so I don’t know if that’s a totally representative score.

Our population has quieted down a lot since t3. We had hours of 4 queue reset, and we get maybe 2 for an hour now. We were doing 2 queue weekday prime times and we get none now that I’ve seen.

As long as the guys that haven’t shown up for a month stay away we’re t4 pop now.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Yaks literally decided to not log on after the reset, so I don’t know if that’s a totally representative score.

Our population has quieted down a lot since t3. We had hours of 4 queue reset, and we get maybe 2 for an hour now. We were doing 2 queue weekday prime times and we get none now that I’ve seen.

As long as the guys that haven’t shown up for a month stay away we’re t4 pop now.

Our resets are still really strong. If we dropped to T4, all of the fairweather players would show up again miraculously, catapulting us back into T3, then promptly would stop playing for another month.

I think we have to accept that T3 is where we’re going to stay, and try to encourage those fairweather players to play with us here, or we’re just going to bounce back and forth. It’s not like they’re going to pay 35+ gold to transfer.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Honestly, I don’t think many of those players were transfers. I think we can legitimately queue 4 maps during NA primetime on reset but about half of those players are a no show when we are losing or we know we are going to lose because the same matchup repeats itself. I imagine this is the same on every server. Theres a massive untapped playerbase that enjoys playing WvW on a weekend and is more inclined to stick out the weekend if the matchup is new, theres a shot at victory, you have the green keep POI and it doesn’t cost alot of money.

When we are on the bad side of timezone coverage, WvW is much more expensive and its much more critical to do the little thankless things that matter (like trebbing for hours, walking dolyaks, guarding supply camps).

Again, I don’t think this is an aberration. I’d be surprised if every other server did not have an enormous amount of players that fall silent, and don’t WvW when things are bad. But they’ll show up when you are winning.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

We would be green in a yaks/cd match, and win by about 30%, but it wouldn’t be a win worthy of knocking us to t3.

A major factor in us crushing t4 was that IoJ didn’t exist, and yaks had no night time at all. If CD was there, the night time would go bye bye, and the 100-150 ppt from owning IoJ’s lifeless BL would also be gone.

I’m advocating nothing beyond that match not being representative of a real match at all.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Rebel, FA would have a queue on 1 map during NA primetime in T2.

Why? Fairweathers.

It always is a shame because if every PvE player and fractal dweller wouldn’t come out during T3 it would be a much more even match.

Me personally. I would rather be losing. It shows you what guilds are out in WvW every night, and what guilds retreated to the fractals and dark holes in which they came. Not to mention the BL becomes a target rich environment….which is just all around delicious.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Made it inside DB’s spawn!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

Bravo to BT for finally stepping up and bringing the pain on DB BL last night, you guys brought quite the force out until we wound up having to pull out and return to our BL to smash on GODS a bit to keep things under control there.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Feels good man. Paid work day for absolutely no reason? Count me in.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

The PPT lead that Maguuma has proves that FA are godless un-American heathens. Praise Jesus.

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

The PPT lead that Maguuma has proves that FA are godless un-American heathens. Praise Jesus.

I would love a score update.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I would love a score update.

4:20 is Maguuma’s strongest timezone.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

BT members are required to have an extremely strict diet. Mainly consisting of Roleplayers tears, nails, and carrots to improve eyesight.

On top of that BT members are required to particpate in several hand-eye coordination exercises, and to take performance enhancing steroids (Provided by the officers of course).

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Just want to say thanks to everyone from FA who voted for my video in the guildwars2guru fan competition. I was one of the grand prize winners with my “Respawn Maybe” submission. THANK YOU. A million times, THANK YOU.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Just want to say thanks to everyone from FA who voted for my video in the guildwars2guru fan competition. I was one of the grand prize winners with my “Respawn Maybe” submission. THANK YOU. A million times, THANK YOU.

This guy makes BT guild look good. I hope hes your GM and not just a member.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I heard home was the only place to access the internet.

ya i heard that to and then had to deal with pings of over 2k……

Frontier communications can bite me

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Was there a mesmer hidden in SM for 3 hours? FA just got one in with no walls/gates down, and I trust our guys to sweep decently.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Gotta give props to that FA mesmer for hiding so long and avoiding being found. I question the time you chose to portal in, though. Your teammates were hammering at the outer wall so we were all streaming through SM at the time. You should wait until things calm down a bit before you try something like that.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

ParaldaWind.4523

Was there a mesmer hidden in SM for 3 hours? FA just got one in with no walls/gates down, and I trust our guys to sweep decently.

This is seemingly happening a lot. FA players should know what portals are legit.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Well the KDR commander didn’t mind taking it so maybe it was legit.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Well it was fun killing gods and BT when they had equal numbers, but I see the zergballs are beginning! Here’s to a happy treb war.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Well it was fun killing gods and BT when they had equal numbers, but I see the zergballs are beginning! Here’s to a happy treb war.

BT can breathe and make sounds in outer space.