Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Dragonbrand! Jan-25

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

This is insanely boring.

you’re welcome to go back down to T4 or lower.

Please help us. This type of gameplay is not enjoyable.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

This is insanely boring.

you’re welcome to go back down to T4 or lower.

Well, we’ve been trying to do everything we can to get the glory hunting zerglings to kitten off so that we can.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

To that Norn thief on DB that I lured into the godslore zerg, I dun like you. :P

Def need better armor.

Maguuma – how many unwanted transfers did you get?

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I don’t think Mag will be able to go back to T4.
Mag is too popular now to slide back to T4.
Instead, Mag might advance to T2, which has even bigger zergs due to bigger population, next week replacing SBI.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

To that Norn thief on DB that I lured into the godslore zerg, I dun like you. :P

Def need better armor.

Think of it this way, before this we queued like two maps map at reset.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Def need better armor.

Lots and many and lots. Maybe we can shed a few thousand people in the next 3 days if you beat us bad enough and hop back down to t4?

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Def need better armor.

As opposed to all 4. Heh.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Alisster.8260

Alisster.8260

Mag here

I have Qed for Mag BL 3 times now only to get kicked to character select screen all 3 times it poped. I have restarted inbetween each time. This is lame.

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Here you go!!!! =)

Hell yeah, I was there

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Honestly the tier 4 we knew and enjoyed is gone. Make the most out of your current situation and dig in.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Updated score.

Attachments:

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

shagworth.5017

Honestly the tier 4 we knew and enjoyed is gone. Make the most out of your current situation and dig in.

We just have way too many people for tier 4 for it to be competitive for us….thus the reason people need to kitten off soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Thought you guys could take SMC eh? we had a guy screaming in team chat in all caps lol COME DEFEND SMC COME U FOOLS COME

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

This is insanely boring.

Why? Because you’re not winning by 300k+?

Because Maguuma is not used to this kind of zerging. People complained about our zergs in previous matchups, but we haven’t even seen the semi-organized zergs in this tier. I remember FA showing us a lot of neat strategies but I suppose reset night isn’t about that.

And winning by 300k points is more boring than you’d ever imagine.

From the past few weeks experience, only 2 maps at most queue up after reset.

Think I’ll pull an all-nighter after missing so much action the last few weeks.

Hmm….

These are the worst queues I’ve seen on Maguuma, but the past couple of weeks weren’t a whole lot better.

we have some more tricks my friend

we’re happy you’re here

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Welcome to tier 3, where dedicated WvW guilds are not a once in a blue moon but a common sight, expect intense massive fighting that will push your PC to its limits. Thieves will snip your yaks as if were their only joy in life.

It’s only going to get rougher from here on.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Updates! just before i go to work

I wanna play!

Attachments:

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Welcome to tier 3, where dedicated WvW guilds are not a once in a blue moon but a common sight, expect intense massive fighting that will push your PC to its limits.

It’s only going to get rougher from here on.

It’s pretty unenjoyable tbh. Keep pushing mag’s kitten in, maybe we can reach sub 50 ppt and transfer people off to you.

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Even matchup so far. good fights.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Thanks for all the fun fights in FA BL tonight guys to both Maguuma and Fort Janthir!

Thanks also to all the guilds who fought alongside Warsworn tonight in there, [WE] and [BP] among all the others small/medium!

We kept fighting over that Champs Demise supply camp so many times… it was def a Mag/DB grudge to see who will hold it by end of the night hah!

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

3hr into e match n already 100+ posts. Wonder r there more ppl in wvw or in e forum. This tier is definitely tier 1 in forum wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

gotta keep yo head on a swivel this week

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Well we’re losing as expected…. but at least we got the first waypoint on any map (Eternal Battleground Green Keep).

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

What’s the score?

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Here you go! =)

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I could’ve swore just a week ago I saw Maguuma, DB and Kaineng holding their heads high and saying “we’ll make it into T1 or T2”, while DB hasn’t waned, Maguuma seem to just bounced back like a rubber band o.o. That’s how it seems in the forums at least.

It’s not like you guys are losing as bad as SBI right now.

lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I could’ve swore just a week ago I saw Maguuma, DB and Kaineng holding their heads high and saying “we’ll make it into T1 or T2”, while DB hasn’t waned, Maguuma seem to just bounced back like a rubber band o.o. That’s how it seems in the forums at least.

I don’t think any of the original Maguuma people want to get to T1 or T2. I think most of us even want to lose here and drop back to t4. You people can keep your zergs to yourselves.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

shagworth.5017

Nah, I like small team operations a lot more and would rather not play zerg v zerg culling wars.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

LOL!
Sorry, but can’t help but giggle at the complaints about culling and zergs after all the mags in last weeks thread poked their heads in to chest bump about it as they steamrolled in their zergballs.

Of course it’s the same original Goombas who are unhappy with it and of course I don’t mean you when I say the above. You original Goomy’s are cool cats and I hope your zerglings leave so you can have fun again.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I don’t think too many people in Dragonbrand thought we were gonna hit tier 2 or 1 anytime soon.
I was surprised we hit tier 3 as quickly as we did

Amendment: I was surprised this week that we stayed in tier 3 too

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Wait, who the kitten from Maguuma ever said t1/t2? Every core Maguuma player didn’t even want t3. These past few days we’ve been dreading how close we get to t2. The threads/posts we’ve been making aren’t a joke – we sincerely do not want the transfers we got in t5, and this reset is an example of why.

Our predictions are holding true, though. We knew we’d hit a wall here, and hope it either wakes up our new guys or gets them to leave. Keep pounding us up to the 28th, because it’ll help us sort out things.

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

Wait, who the kitten from Maguuma ever said t1/t2? Every core Maguuma player didn’t even want t3. These past few days we’ve been dreading how close we get to t2. The threads/posts we’ve been making aren’t a joke – we sincerely do not want the transfers we got in t5, and this reset is an example of why.

Our predictions are holding true, though. We knew we’d hit a wall here, and hope it either wakes up our new guys or gets them to leave. Keep pounding us up to the 28th, because it’ll help us sort out things.

People have no idea what the next tier is until you’re there. T2 has twice the people T3 does, and T3 almost has twice the amount T4 does (24/7 coverage). I’ve been giggling at posts like kainengs and others going up the tiers because they got a few guilds.

But as i said they don’t know until they’re there. Hope it turns out right for the core maguuma players.

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Keep pounding us up to the 28th, because it’ll help us sort out things.

My god you’re right!

People! You only have 3 more days to xfer for free! Maguuma needs your support before it’s too late! Transfer now to THE server on the rise! Transfer to Maguuma and support the war effort with flame ram superiority!

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

The difference between these other “superservers” and Dragonbrand is that we grew organically after a mass exodus and a colossal fall to the bottom tiers. Guilds joined us on their own and settled into the WvW culture on our fight back up.

There was no chest-thumping. Barely any recruitment threads. And we fought to have fun in every tier as many of our past opponents can attest. We dont have an entangling alliance – we have guilds who perform at what they do best without stepping on eachother’s toes but cooperating when needed. We are humble folk here on Dragonbrand save for a few “scrappers” here on the forums.

Whatever tier we end up in – it is what it is. Dragonbrand will continue to fight, and continue to have fun because that’s our WvW culture.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I wouldn’t really call Dragonbrand a “superserver”, but we’re definitely a noted force on the battlefield.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

The difference between these other “superservers” and Dragonbrand is that we grew organically after a mass exodus and a colossal fall to the bottom tiers. Guilds joined us on their own and settled into the WvW culture on our fight back up.

There was no chest-thumping. Barely any recruitment threads. And we fought to have fun in every tier as many of our past opponents can attest. We dont have an entangling alliance – we have guilds who perform at what they do best without stepping on eachother’s toes but cooperating when needed. We are humble folk here on Dragonbrand save for a few “scrappers” here on the forums.

Whatever tier we end up in – it is what it is. Dragonbrand will continue to fight, and continue to have fun because that’s our WvW culture.

Would you like to have a comparison between the number of recruitment threads Maguuma has had vs how many Dragonbrand has had? :P

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Would you like to have a comparison between the number of recruitment threads Maguuma has had vs how many Dragonbrand has had? :P

Lol, you’re anti-recruitment(?) threads don’t count

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actually, now that you’re here, I can ask something that’s been confusing me.

Just why did Maguuma get so many transfers?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Zerhoth.1528

Zerhoth.1528

Def need better armor.

And those queues were about 10-20 minutes at most now it took me and [EVOH] about an hour to two hours to get to our home BL and we’re not even all here yet…

All Hail The Flame Ram God #MagSwag
Level 80 Thief (Maguuma)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

We were in t4 for a long time, and that’s sort of where you start learning to play as a server. We dropped to t5 after a long stint in t4, and sort of dominated them after the first weekend. Suddenly, we started getting a ton of transfers. Unfortunately we didn’t rank up and had a 2nd week in t5, where we stomped even harder with the new transfers, which got us MORE transfers.

Then up to t4 where we stomped because you jerks in t3 gave us a dead server. Yaks went to every thread saying Maguuma was a superserver t1/t2 bound (don’t trust yaks opinions on numbers ever). The end of free transfers were announced during this period of stomping, which was another wave of people. We made the thread saying get off of Maguuma which probably backfired, despite our efforts to steer people to other recruitment threads.

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Score update please.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: novi.6421

novi.6421

Updated Score
DB 5,253 +215
FA 5,249 +260
MAG 5,049 +220

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

devonas and borlis pass were bandwagon servers on the rise from T8, they crushed T7-5, getting more bandwagoners.

then was matched up with mag/DR/borlis, got crushed 2 weeks in a row, so all the same bandwagoners that propelled DR/borlis, jumped to mag.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

3hr into e match n already 100+ posts. Wonder r there more ppl in wvw or in e forum. This tier is definitely tier 1 in forum wvw.

Welcome to a Maguuma thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

i hope maguuma stays here in t3 with FA, we don’t want zerg battles either

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

devonas and borlis pass were bandwagon servers on the rise from T8, they crushed T7-5, getting more bandwagoners.

then was matched up with mag/DR/borlis, got crushed 2 weeks in a row, so all the same bandwagoners that propelled DR/borlis, jumped to mag.

BP was from T7. But besides that, this is basically what my understanding of the situation is.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

Embrace the target rich environment imo

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Maguuma you guys are doing really well, why are you so upset?

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

From what I’ve seen, I don’t like the way we’ve been playing this reset. Not enough small groups going around doing stuff. Doesn’t feel like Mag.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Maguuma you guys are doing really well, why are you so upset?

thats why we’re upset, doing too well, not getting crushed hard enough

in WvW

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Small groups still have an effect in all tiers, capping camps, npc allies and un-upgraded towers. Just don’t go expecting to cap keeps with only 15 people o.o