Major WvW overhaul incoming

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

I hope this kitten is just kitten:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/

There are some bad things mentioned in this.

The OP there even admits the information is outdated, and he might have misheard some things.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I hope this kitten is just kitten:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3uznbc/major_wvw_overhaul_colin_j_ft_e/

There are some bad things mentioned in this.

The OP there even admits the information is outdated, and he might have misheard some things.

Except judging from Anet’s past missteps, the entire theory seems extremely plausible.

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

So I was thinking last night…..

What if .. what IF .. the big major overhaul was to put EU vs NA in one big, single, matchup tiers?

You keep the servers you’re on and NA vs EU scrap it out to get to the top.

NA will win in top tiers because of well, stackgate. But it could prove very interesting in the silver and bronze tiers.

And it could open up more competition between guilds.

I’m down with this… as long as Asia gets involved. I still want that 3 way fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So I was thinking last night…..

What if .. what IF .. the big major overhaul was to put EU vs NA in one big, single, matchup tiers?

You keep the servers you’re on and NA vs EU scrap it out to get to the top.

NA will win in top tiers because of well, stackgate. But it could prove very interesting in the silver and bronze tiers.

And it could open up more competition between guilds.

I’m down with this… as long as Asia gets involved. I still want that 3 way fight.

See?

THAT I would love.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The alliance things looks more like the original alliance was for GW1. Kurzick area and Luxon area. Perhaps this Alliance is more for Pve than WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

anyone else really scarred when they hear MAYOR WVW OVERHAUL? i am…..

anet probably thinks that they are doing the right things, but honestly just the most recent change of the waypoints not going uncontested anymore shows clearly that they have absolutely 0 clue about what maked wvw fun. i think they have never really been in a real wvw fight for garrison for example where 2 servers have all walls and gates down and the defenders that are outmanned keep rushing in and trying to rez the lord and then boom upgrade finished because 10 people managed to get a dolyak in…now that was fun!!

automated upgrades= dumbing wvw down= boring

little to no waypoints= less ways to defend real fast= less opportunities for zergbusting guilds= less defending and more zerging…also i cant be bothered to walk 2 – 5 minutes every single time i die just so i can go back to the fight and help defend or attack…

waypoints dont go uncontested= promotes perma trolling of thieves and others= saaaaame issues as above, the timer countdown was actually used strategically.

i could go on and on and on with a massive list of things that mad wvw boring lately, but im tired of it. anet turned the mode that used to be a massive battle field and a ton of fun because of the sandbox element this simple maps had into a pve driven circus for dummies cause everything that needed brain and great scouting and all that was dumbed down or completely destroyed .

massive overhaul sounds to me more like more pve, more complex weird elements, no sandbox element, no massive battles anymore , more stupid shirnes and pve buffs and more pve mobs to rally entire zergas and more guildhall upgrades that only massive guilds can accomplish and smaller guilds will be crippled for ever….. yeah no thanks anet. ill pass on that and move on…..

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

anyone else really scarred when they hear MAYOR WVW OVERHAUL? i am…..

anet probably thinks that they are doing the right things, but honestly just the most recent change of the waypoints not going uncontested anymore shows clearly that they have absolutely 0 clue about what maked wvw fun. i think they have never really been in a real wvw fight for garrison for example where 2 servers have all walls and gates down and the defenders that are outmanned keep rushing in and trying to rez the lord and then boom upgrade finished because 10 people managed to get a dolyak in…now that was fun!!

automated upgrades= dumbing wvw down= boring

little to no waypoints= less ways to defend real fast= less opportunities for zergbusting guilds= less defending and more zerging…also i cant be bothered to walk 2 – 5 minutes every single time i die just so i can go back to the fight and help defend or attack…

waypoints dont go uncontested= promotes perma trolling of thieves and others= saaaaame issues as above, the timer countdown was actually used strategically.

i could go on and on and on with a massive list of things that mad wvw boring lately, but im tired of it. anet turned the mode that used to be a massive battle field and a ton of fun because of the sandbox element this simple maps had into a pve driven circus for dummies cause everything that needed brain and great scouting and all that was dumbed down or completely destroyed .

massive overhaul sounds to me more like more pve, more complex weird elements, no sandbox element, no massive battles anymore , more stupid shirnes and pve buffs and more pve mobs to rally entire zergas and more guildhall upgrades that only massive guilds can accomplish and smaller guilds will be crippled for ever….. yeah no thanks anet. ill pass on that and move on…..

Hmm… but I’d willingly take an overhaul over the current state of things.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I think an Overhaul would be a good thing, Factions would also be a good thing, but the limits (if I’m reading this right) of 3 guild w/ 100 players each bothers me. The guilds on the servers make a community. I would loose out on playing with a large number of friends from other guilds if only 3 guilds could be in a “Alliance”. Some due to competitive reasons, others due to guild rules.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

Consider desert borderlands are a part of the overhaul kiss EBG goodbye

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

in WvW

Posted by: Joan.1964

Joan.1964

There are so many WvW based guilds that are frozen or dying just because they won’t release any information.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Major wvw over haul
-golems are now free to build
-golems now move 100% faster
-golems now do 100% more damage
-golems can now use gliders.

Done and done

Don’t forget “Enter Golem, get buffs, leave Golem” PVD…

Don’t forget the change where you get 25 or more golems together in one spot and they merge into a voltron like mega-golem 100 meters tall. It looks like a cross of the Megazord from Power Rangers and Godzilla. It has a gigantic Twilight sword that can obliterate the walls of stonemist like the bomb bird in angry birds. It has a point defense asuran megalaser that blasts any enemy within 1500 units of it and every time it punches a wall it blasts a loop of AC-DC’s Thunderstruck. When it moves it sounds like a monster truck revving. As it nears a location enemies in that location hear the distant roar of the motors and Thunderstruck along with footsteps like the t-rex from Jurassic Park.

To top it all off it has an elite skill on a 20 minute cooldown that the commander driving it activates. A count down starts. The tail on it starts pulsating with electricity. The mouth opens. At 3 it says “Commence Primary Ignition”. It then blasts an enormous blue fireball with a blast radius the size of the green keep in EBG, destroying all walls, players, siege, fish in the moat around the castle. Activating this move disintegrates the mega-golem causing players to fall from the sky. Only the ones in the feet survive the impact to claim whatever objective just got nuked to kitten.

The commander may select from a set of theme songs
-AC DC Thunderstruck
- Blue Ooyster Cult’s Godzilla
- 80s version of the theme from My Little Pony
- Yakkity saks

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

There are so many WvW based guilds that are frozen or dying just because they won’t release any information.

Been there 3 times before HoT already. It’s just that the HoT hype dissipated and the free fall fo WvW has retaken it’s course. If only they had listened to the suggestions in the CDI WvW wouldn’t be in such a critical state. Really sad when you first think about the beautiful map design and then look at the disastrous implementation.