Make Defending Possible

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

my server keeps getting paired against bigger servers or at least servers that can be active 24/7 while mine is only active at night

and defending is impossible because siege cant be placed anywhere safe from player exploits and attacks

by exploits i mean mesmers being able to aim their pulls behind the actual walls and pull groups of defenders to the cluster of attacks from attackers , we’re talking about 500+ range behind the walls , LOS needs fixing

rangers and eles can decimate whatever siege is placed

rangers and mesmers can summon their clones and pets behind the walls and ontop of the siege

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Pretty sure Focus pull require line of sight so it would be impossible to place it behind the wall. It can however be placed on the front and pull a player toward the front ledge since it’s an AoE pull.

Mesmers need Line of sight to summon clones or phatasms. Again, another wrong assumption of yours. The only way a mesmer can have clones or phantasms on top of wall is if one defender show his face at the edge of the wall allowing the mesmer to cast the phantasm, which will follow the player until destroyed or shattered. As for ranger pets, it’s been at least 3 years since they fixed the bug where pets would ignore the wall and go attack targets on top/behind it.

Your only real argument is the Elementalist one (ranger barrage is far too weak to even be a threat to siege) which already been pointed out so many times but nothing has been done. So I wouldn’t expect any change to it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

Pretty sure Focus pull require line of sight so it would be impossible to place it behind the wall. It can however be placed on the front and pull a player toward the front ledge since it’s an AoE pull.

Mesmers need Line of sight to summon clones or phatasms. Again, another wrong assumption of yours. The only way a mesmer can have clones or phantasms on top of wall is if one defender show his face at the edge of the wall allowing the mesmer to cast the phantasm, which will follow the player until destroyed or shattered. As for ranger pets, it’s been at least 3 years since they fixed the bug where pets would ignore the wall and go attack targets on top/behind it.

Your only real argument is the Elementalist one (ranger barrage is far too weak to even be a threat to siege) which already been pointed out so many times but nothing has been done. So I wouldn’t expect any change to it.

in this case it seems to be like the old resolution exploit that happened in the past or a camera hack because we’re talking people throwing pets and clones directly on arrow carts wich where behind a wall behind a stair if that isnt an exploit i dont know what is , and this combined with mesmer’s pull makes defending a wall impossible specially when the enemy has highest numbers

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

in this case it seems to be like the old resolution exploit that happened in the past or a camera hack because we’re talking people throwing pets and clones directly on arrow carts wich where behind a wall behind a stair if that isnt an exploit i dont know what is , and this combined with mesmer’s pull makes defending a wall impossible specially when the enemy has highest numbers

Pics or it didn’t happen

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The best mesmer zerging weapon is focus. Shame more don’t use it, although that’s probably the only thing keeping it from further nerfs.

To prevent getting pulled realistically speaking,
Aegis (easy for guards)
Stability
Free cc prevention (a couple traits)
Dodoing or using an evade

If you frequently fight on walls you should not be getting pulled by Temporal Curtain. Well not enough to make a post calling it out anyhow. Like portal it has a distinct sound and only shares it visual with veil which no mesmer is going to waste trying to spook you. Hmmm ideas….

Oh should have addressed the illusions far inside,
If cast on people in los, they will still chase them around inside.
So if you throw a disable and get some clones on you and then run to an ac they will run right to you.

(edited by Justine.6351)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Acidcors.4296

Acidcors.4296

they are working on a solution

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

well from my previous hours WvWing 2 whole hours in a row were fighting over Hills
and i came to the conclusion that it was most likely a couple mesmers were exploiting or hacking allowing them to use their aoe pull further than intended because the incident dint happen as often as it did during the times i fought a particular guild this morning

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

well from my previous hours WvWing 2 whole hours in a row were fighting over Hills
and i came to the conclusion that it was most likely a couple mesmers were exploiting or hacking allowing them to use their aoe pull further than intended because the incident dint happen as often as it did during the times i fought a particular guild this morning

Yeah there are a couple using some kind of camera trick. It’s only come up for me vs 2 or 3 servers. Its the same with the rare ele that can place a meteor shower without having to wrap it around the wall. They literally set it 30% past the edge somehow…which should be impossible.

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

When placing siege, always stand outside of the objective and see if you can click on the AC etc. from the ground. If you can, then the enemy can.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

yeah there seems to be an exploit had an engi hitting over keep walls as well with mortar auto shots, (notice how i said Over and not against the keep wall)

another thing i dint consider was snap cast to ground in wich case all mesmers necros and such have to do is simply spam abilities

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

pointed out? there is nothing to point out, aoe skills, that is why nothing has been done with those two skills

I took an arrow to the knee

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

As for defending, I find that it’s very hard to stop me from disabling some siege (say point blank catas or rams) on a scrapper and I don’t wear that much of tanky gear.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_S
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_B
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sneak_Gyro

If you want to be risky, you can switch back to mortar, and use the orbital strike on the siege. You may be able to use mortar shots but you’ll need to often jump up (not out!) to hit it. It’s generally never worth it.

To get away in case of failure
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_S
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Self-Regulating_Defenses
(Optional)
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Final_Salvo
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defense_Field

It’s also not too hard on a guardian/dh or chrono, but not as safe in my experience.

If you get off a few good disables then someone can usually slowly wear the siege down from somewhere. Obviously if they’re building it far away or trebbing you then it’s going to be near impossible if they’re big enough but at least you can waste their lives on such a thing.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

defending is way overpowered and is ruining the game imo. everyone just hiding in keeps and not playing the game.

Native Maguuman

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

my server keeps getting paired against bigger servers or at least servers that can be active 24/7 while mine is only active at night

and defending is impossible because siege cant be placed anywhere safe from player exploits and attacks

by exploits i mean mesmers being able to aim their pulls behind the actual walls and pull groups of defenders to the cluster of attacks from attackers , we’re talking about 500+ range behind the walls , LOS needs fixing

rangers and mesmers can summon their clones and pets behind the walls and ontop of the siege

Anet isn’t listening or they would understand that linking isn’t working.

Pitting servers against others even outside their tiers is happening and it’s wrong.

My post about that very subject drew the trolls – most don’t frequent the ‘official forums’ as they know they will be shouted down by people who have no idea what they are talking about but who can talk around any subject, negating it completely.

As far as the siege, there are places where most can be placed out of 1500 range but still usable during most attacks. It’s having the force to man siege so 10 can fend off 40; it can be and is done.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

“Make Defending Possible”?

To this end, I propose bringing back bannering the Lord. It was fun, made defending seem more feasible and frustrated the dominating servers.

This is exactly what defending should be.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

So, according to your post , your server have less players ,so they should not be able to capture any defended objective , or you consider that you are smarter /more skilled than your enemy, behind an arrow cart ?
As i see this is just a rage topic cause you lost your keep /tower.
Defence in this game is too strong already, just l2p

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@Rezzet.3614, dont expect much if u dont have the necessary amount of people, there are alot of people making huuuge mistakes when defending tho.

Defense is easilly when u have numbers+ siege or can overwhelm the atackers, when u dont dotn expect to do much either, meanwhile overwhelming a structure is very easy even with defenders, and some towers keeps are easy to glitch.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

So, according to your post , your server have less players ,so they should not be able to capture any defended objective , or you consider that you are smarter /more skilled than your enemy, behind an arrow cart ?

It’s never been a l2p issue, it’s always been a l2stack issue. Of course there are some that think that overstacking a server is part of playing the game.

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It’s never been a l2p issue, it’s always been a l2stack issue. Of course there are some that think that overstacking a server is part of playing the game.

Swamurabi gw2 was designed to be like this, structures are ment to be lost not holded… its a ktrain concept for who caps more faster for more ppt at the long run.
It is like gw1 Alliance batles but now u have walls in the srines that need some siege to take them down, nothing more.

This isnt a siege RvR game…. besides ppt and chest rewards theres zero value for the structures.

U are right it is not a l2p, it is trying to play gw2 in a way game was not designed to.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

can’t really talk about overstack, when there is no server that can fully cover 4 maps even at reset. However this is the mentality that kills the game " i should be able to defend with 5 against 50 " and this is why players lose interest of wvw. Siege bunkering, afk rewarding (Track) , less fights, less action .

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Make Defending Possible

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

can’t really talk about overstack, when there is no server that can fully cover 4 maps even at reset. However this is the mentality that kills the game " i should be able to defend with 5 against 50 " and this is why players lose interest of wvw. Siege bunkering, afk rewarding (Track) , less fights, less action .

Most players have had at one time, especially when they’re outnumbered, the feeling that they should have an advantage as a defender, just like in real life. It takes time to realize that the only advantage the defender has in WvW is that whether it’s a wall or door, the attacker has to run through a choke point. If the defender can somehow concentrate enough damage at the choke they will win the fight.

Not enough players defending, you lose the structure.
Not enough siege, you lose the structure.
Not enough supply to repair or counter siege, you will eventually lose the structure.

The constantly outnumbered WvW player/guild eventually tires of this and either transfers to one of the overstacked servers or quits the game.

NA has gotten to the point where there is only 4 servers that have the coverage. Their idea of balance is to get enough players to queue every map 24/7. Every other server is just minor league players waiting to be called up.