Game mode:
• 100 player FFA
• No respawn
• Last man standing wins
• Queue size 2 players
• No capture points/tower walls/npcs
• Spawn at random location on the map

Game Mechanics:
• Gliders enabled/Updrafts placed allowing access from the lower section to higher
• Reveal on hit
• When placed in combat, you drop a flag at your location until you leave combat and pick it up. Leaving the flag’s 2,000 radius results in 5% stat loss per minute until you retrieve your flag. Claiming a dead person’s flag results in a 1% stat boost for the duration of the match.
• Death fog: A fog of death slowly envelops the map forcing players to gravitate towards the middle of the map.

Please add feedback to this post if it interests you or not.

Unrelated:
GW2 is great but I’m super bored, plz add something so I can enjoy PvPing again.

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

So, basically, you want a completely new gamemode that is nothing like the current EotM…but you want to remove the current EotM at the same time because why not.

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Honestly this sounds fun. Make it 10 minute matches.
Get rid of that 1% stat boost flag claim though, that’s just going to be a snowball effect and give some people a very unfair advantage.

Don’t change eotm though. Just duplicate the map.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I mean they used the Southsun Cove map for the Southsun Survival activity so I don’t see why they can’t do the same for this.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

All except the gliders sound interesting

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

So you want PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds for GW2 basically?

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

You seem to be confusing WvW with PvP. Of course EOTM isn’t exactly WvW either but PvP it very definitely is not.

It’s true the map could be repurposed but then so could any other map. Why pick that one?

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Nothing.8564

Nothing.8564

Honestly this sounds fun. Make it 10 minute matches.
Get rid of that 1% stat boost flag claim though, that’s just going to be a snowball effect and give some people a very unfair advantage.

Don’t change eotm though. Just duplicate the map.

I feel the 1% or maybe .5% stat boost would encourage slaughtering as many people as possible instead of trying to hide till the last minutes. Also, the idea would be if you kill a +5% increase player and pick up their flag, it would only give you 1%, so any snowball that might happen would be if a player legit earned it.

So you want PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds for GW2 basically?

That’s a good comparison yes.

You seem to be confusing WvW with PvP. Of course EOTM isn’t exactly WvW either but PvP it very definitely is not.

It’s true the map could be repurposed but then so could any other map. Why pick that one?

Saying its not WvW or PvP is my point, it’s a third wheel that doesn’t have a purpose. EotM is one of the most beautiful maps, and one where I’d love to spend all day roaming like back when it was popular.

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: Nothing.8564

Nothing.8564

All except the gliders sound interesting

As a person who loved launching people off with my engineer, I feel having gliders would be a great balance of fun and skill. The reason being, troll knockoff builds are fun, and take skill to line up most of the time, however, gliding to a bottom tier of the map instead of insta-dying makes for fun and clutch plays.

Make EotM great again

in WvW

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Except gliding, mushrooms, etc, not to mention the associated masteries, are expansion-only. So to keep things even you’d have to exclude all those.

I’d think a new map or at least not-EOTM would be preferable as currently proposed. That Death Fog mechanic would be hard to implement otherwise. Plus if the object is to fight, there are a lot of hiding places in EOTM.

But yeah, better move this to the PvP forum.