Make GLICK0 More Reactive

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We all know the system is broken at the moment.

It’s my opinion that servers should move around more quickly. A temporary measure that would help for the time being.

My server is always beaten in our matchup and can’t get relegated. Individuals and guilds quit every week and we still can’t go down.

This seems like a quick and easy fix to tide us over until we get the awaited WvW Patch.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Looks like you have a nearly 50% chance to go down with current match-making, you are just to unlucky to take it.
http://coveragewars2.com/prediction/?world=2014

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

According to Wikipedia, Glicko was invented for games like chess and go. I have also seen references to it in relation to sports. In chess a players skill does not change drastically over a short time. The same would be true for sports where individual or team strength is basically stable over the course of a tournament or season, barring injuries. However using Glicko for WvW does not account for the rapid server strength changes caused by guild migration. I imagine most of us have seen servers gaining or losing strength quickly and then being trapped in either too low or too high a tier. Secondary effects, like leaching Glicko from a rapidly falling server cause addition distortion in the tiers. I would suggest having some group of knowledgeable and impartial people review the Glicko calculations and adjust the matchups where server strength has changed dramatically. A impersonal formula would of course be better, if someone could develop one that could deal with the current realities.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Now you took your chance

GL & HF in T6

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!