Make Obsidan Sanctum Guestable

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Now that WvW is finally getting some love again I thought I would revive this topic and add reasons as to why guesting to another servers OS should not only happen, but would bring new opportunities to the WvW scene. Since mega-servers were introduced ~3 years ago, the Guesting service has had no use in this game and has been redundant since, but by letting players be able to guest to another servers Obsidian Sanctum you would help rejuvenate the once thriving competitive WvW population.

• New rewards & Legendary backpiece will bring many pve players to the game mode, most of which will have no interest in WvW. With OS being guestable the more hardcore guilds who love fights won’t be bullying the new players/guilds trying to do there achievements.
  • No loot or warscore from OS makes it so scoring isn’t affected by OS regardless, so Anet shouldn’t have to revamp the system all that much from what it currently already is.
  • Reignite fight guilds passions to compete competitively, will also allow people to duel from other tiers or with players from there own server without being disturbed.
  • 2 years into this expansion and guild hall arena isn’t what was promised, constantly having to go to a new server popup and trouble getting everyone in, retal using PVE numbers so players are killing themselves with quick bursts, fighting stage is too small, and frustrating to spectate as your unable to see health bars or click people. If I had to classify it, I would say Anet took 1 step forward and 2 steps back with guild hall GvG’s.
  • Encourages fight guilds to stick to a server, it seems this update encourages players to no longer server hop or your rewards will be drastically reduced, fight guilds will now be able to scrim anyone from anywhere through guesting, maybe even NA to EU??
  • Many competitive players I know don’t really care for the reward aspect in WvW and only play this game for the competitiveness, making OS guestable will keep us happy.
  • And my favorite reason why is it would allow you to fight WITH players from other servers. Quite a few of my friends have left to multiple different servers to join different guilds when there old ones died, and making OS guestable would allow us to fight together once again against similarly skilled opponents.
  • Overall I see no negatives with making OS guestable, only positives and it should have been changed a long time ago.

Even when I wasn’t participating in GvG’s in OS, I use to go there back in the day to still watch them because I found them enjoyable. Guild hall arena’s are horribly implemented as being to small and current OS is a ghost town. Changing OS to guestable would fix all this and certainly bring new and old players back to the game.

Edit: Grammar

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Would fully support this. While having rewards it great, there are plenty of other things that can be done to improve WvW, and this would be a welcome change to the fights scene.

in WvW

Posted by: zano.5387

zano.5387

Good idea. Obsidan Sanctum needs some love

$3.271.809 MMORPG: http://surl.pw/aoc

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

+1 I would like to see this implemented.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

+1, great idea.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: soxfan.3189

soxfan.3189

This would be a great idea. Promotes server loyalty as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Would love to see this.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I like to see OS become like eotm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

I like to see OS become like eotm.

This is what I’d also love to see, it would bring life back cos it just seems to be a ghost time now… I miss the days where it had a healthy population all throughout the day and night.

in WvW

Posted by: kenahs.8397

kenahs.8397

Mark me down for +1

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Would love to see this…but on the other hand I’m glancing at this little link I’ve still got bookmarked :/
http://imgur.com/a/mhYp4

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Would love to see this…but on the other hand I’m glancing at this little link I’ve still got bookmarked :/
http://imgur.com/a/mhYp4

Well, the arena in os was introduced as a gvg site after this incident, so I don’t think we have to worry about violating anyone’s game mode lol.

+1 for the idea though, I’d love to see this happen.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

Really hoping something gets changed that allows Cross tier GvG’s in this patch, it would be a miniscule change but have a huge impact. If not then unfortunately this will probably be the last WvW patch of the expansion. Guild hall arena’s were never fixed to balance retal, so if certain classes use burst into a group you’re literally killing yourself, such as blurred frenzy on mesmer, I use it as a defensive but can’t use it that way in OS or retal will kill me.

Were nearly 5 years into the game and GvG/fights scene don’t have what they truly want, and honestly it’s not that difficult to implement.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

No

They shouldnt make it guestable… people would guest to avoid fighting for the Chest/Achievement/Guild Mission and that shouldnt be possible

They should rather make it work like Edge of the Mists so it is always populated
and GvGs can happen much easier without having to wait too long for the right server to be in the same matchup

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Why all that work, just tie it back to legendary and/or map complete and the problem is solved. Lots of forums posts by PvE and casuals complaining about those treating it like a PvP zone. They never could figure out the mystic wells for stealth, the dark room, let alone navigate a call for help to get past people playing in there. I’ve not even factored in the log or spike traps (maybe they didn’t play frogger has a kid).

Remove siege. Remove need for map complete. Game grew stale over time. Then the whole duel drama and the devs made the place the so-called goto place for GvG. We see how happening that is now, right? NOT.

I rarely see anyone in there and I visit it a few times a week. Nice map, love the traps, and on a rare occasion I find someone in there and we dance. Just saw one today – unfortunately for them, they lost But Lord knows I’ve had my fair share of molly whopping. It needs more attention, just not guesting.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

No

They shouldnt make it guestable… people would guest to avoid fighting for the Chest/Achievement/Guild Mission and that shouldnt be possible

Could you please elaborate that? Because I really don’t understand what you are trying to say.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

No

They should rather make it work like Edge of the Mists so it is always populated
and GvGs can happen much easier without having to wait too long for the right server to be in the same matchup

Tiers matter less than ever now. When every server is within 150 glicko of each other you have T1 servers facing T4 nowadays. It could take several weeks to possibly months to face a guild you want to fight against, so no you’re wrong about having to wait too long.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

Changing OS in some way would likely lower que times in the borderlands. Just a suggestion Anet.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I can then guest to opponent server and spy team chat.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

I can then guest to opponent server and spy team chat.

this closes the thread.

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

Because there aren’t other ways to spy, and it’s impossible to disable teamchat in the map. OS doesn’t need teamchat.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Aitadis.8269

So HOTM is now getting a arena in the zone for people to fight, something I’ve never seen pvp players ask for because they just join dueling servers. Meanwhile guild hall still uses pve retal/confusion dmg since the start of the expansion and is considered complete garbage overall, this games a fracking joke.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)