Make Reapers great again

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think reapers have always been shunned when it comes to solo roaming in WvW.
Too little mobility, easily kited, out-ranged and out-damaged by a lot of builds.

The coming skill changes can fix this.

Make Reapers great again 2017.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Going to have to respectfully disagree. Aside from a marauder warrior, my reaper 100-0’s any squishy-built character in the game with two buttons in a very, very short period of time. Soul Spiral alone normally goes well into the 12-15k range.

Mobility can be fixed in traits and utilities. Play outside the meta and it’s reasonable enough. You’re not gonna catch a runaway Daredevil, but I will say it’s kind of the point. You can definitely 1v1 it and win without too many issues if you build to duel and roam to account for these shortcomings, however.

I think the biggest issues reaper has right now is the fact that GS isn’t quite where it needs to be as a PvP weapon due to its high cooldowns for its powerful-but-mandatory utility, and that the stability uptime is perhaps a little bit too low.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

Going to have to respectfully disagree. Aside from a marauder warrior, my reaper 100-0’s any squishy-built character in the game with two buttons in a very, very short period of time. Soul Spiral alone normally goes well into the 12-15k range.

Mobility can be fixed in traits and utilities. Play outside the meta and it’s reasonable enough. You’re not gonna catch a runaway Daredevil, but I will say it’s kind of the point. You can definitely 1v1 it and win without too many issues if you build to duel and roam to account for these shortcomings, however.

I think the biggest issues reaper has right now is the fact that GS isn’t quite where it needs to be as a PvP weapon due to its high cooldowns for its powerful-but-mandatory utility, and that the stability uptime is perhaps a little bit too low.

Could you share your general roaming reaper build kind sir. Because I am having terrible trouble fighting anyone who knows how to kite decently. Especially Druids.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

It’s pretty straightforward: Take a necro and make it have competitive landspeed. Signet lets you keep up with any non-burst-mobility character via the chill on GD and GS AA, and in outnumbered situations, is an armor-ignoring leech that hits pretty hard given stacked might + second heal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3YnMbC12glbCW2A0biFcBDqNFAaBxZxuYZkqL0GeWA-TVCBABA8EB+4gAkiGi80NklyPs2foRlgMchAqU9nAAIA/234b+G48m38m38mnbezbezbezSBMwOL-w

If they run, swap back to Axe and use UF for cripple and GC for ranged burst and LF generation for flickering Charge. It’ll either be early in the fight and proc CoD and rip boons and hit for like 4-6k while also chilling to recover distance or may be late enough to proc again if they start to flee when getting torn to pieces, doing another 4-6k, stealing boons, and slowing them down with chill.

If they see you flicker shroud and re-engage, GS4 saves you since it’ll negate their counterattack, since the blind will prevent them from landing hits. Careful with warriors, though you have enough tools for the most part to strip the resistance as soon as it’s stacked up.

If you’re in a group with AoE swiftness, Locust can be swapped out for Wurm if you need the burst teleport.

Axe 2 -> Soul Spiral with a CoD proc in there somewhere = Dead target. Onslaught affects any channels like Soul Spiral made in shroud making it + quickness extremely fast. Seaweed salad and the signet keep up mobility, SoS allows for more Death’s Charge flickering (7s cd 600 range leap) to maintain mobility with RP cutting down on soft CC, GS5 is an excellent pull for targets just starting to try and flee, VP + Onslaught are big resetters in outnumbered fighting or small group play which allow you to keep using charge every time someone dies, quickly catching up to people.

I’ll swap in a GS with Acc/Force or Acc/Strength with the bloodlust on the dagger at times depending on how things are going.

Druids are the most difficult matchup just because they also typically have so much durability and combined burst mobility. It’s honestly a sustain game with them trying to generate life force to stay in shroud to wait them out of their stability if they’re not permaboons and then CC-lock them with GS and CttB + Executioner’s Scythe while going to down. Axe3 and Dagger 5 are corrupts which you can time into CoD to corrupt many boons repeatedly to maybe take out any stacked non-pulsing stability they have left over to lock them down.

You can just make trades with thieves without an issue. As soon as they engage they just get nuked instantly if you’re in Axe with a soul spiral as the whole channel will finish in under a second and they’ll eat like 12k from the whirl + another 4-6k from CoD.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

And just like the other thread, you totally miss the point…

“Too little mobility, easily kited”…

Nobody who brings up movement stuff with necro is talking movement speed. We are talking about movement and positioning skills…

Thief- Steal. Infiltrator’s Arrow. Debilitating Arc. Vault. 3 dodges. Infiltrator’s Signet. Shadow Shot. Infiltrator’s Strike. Shadow Strike. Shadow Trap. Shadow Step. Roll for Initiative.

Warrior- Whirling Attack. Rush. Savage Leap. Sundering Leap. Earth Shaker. Rupturing Smash.

Ranger- Ancestral Grace. Swoop. Quick Shot. Hornet Sting and Monarch’s Leap. Lightning Reflexes.

Necro- Spectral Walk. Death’s Charge.

Ele- Burning Retreat. Burning Speed. Ride the Lightning. Lightning Flash. Mist Form.

And so on…

There are huge movement and position skill disparities between professions in this movement based combat game… Hence my suggestion to provide optional movement based skills for all professions to access.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

And just like the other thread, you totally miss the point…

“Too little mobility, easily kited”…

Nobody who brings up movement stuff with necro is talking movement speed. We are talking about movement and positioning skills…

As you mention spectral walk does help. Speed of shadows does wonders for chasing down targets, as does having good chill uptime, and spectral pull can ruin a lot of peoples day. Deaths charge is also on a pretty low cooldown which helps on closing the gap and kiting.

When I run reaper, my expectations by no means are to chase down a nike warrior or a thief running dash and shortbow. That’s being unrealistic. More or less don’t allow them to get to far via spectral grasp.

If you want as much mobility as possible, your going to want warhorn, spectral walk and worm. I don’t recommend this this though.

Also for OP… this is what I run http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0A12gt2AubC0biFcBjqL0GeWQDgAwBIOL2FDjA-T1DBQBZUpQlUJoH7P4FlEdRZQFOIAd4CAkHdDU4IAgFlYA4ACkCNEM4BBEJlgZSdHSBMwWL-w

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

It’s pretty straightforward: Take a necro and make it have competitive landspeed. Signet lets you keep up with any non-burst-mobility character via the chill on GD and GS AA, and in outnumbered situations, is an armor-ignoring leech that hits pretty hard given stacked might + second heal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3YnMbC12glbCW2A0biFcBDqNFAaBxZxuYZkqL0GeWA-TVCBABA8EB+4gAkiGi80NklyPs2foRlgMchAqU9nAAIA/234b+G48m38m38mnbezbezbezSBMwOL-w

If they run, swap back to Axe and use UF for cripple and GC for ranged burst and LF generation for flickering Charge. It’ll either be early in the fight and proc DChill and rip boons and hit for like 4-6k while also chilling to recover distance or may be late enough to proc again if they start to flee when getting torn to pieces, doing another 4-6k, stealing boons, and slowing them down with chill.

If they see you flicker shroud and re-engage, GS4 saves you since it’ll negate their counterattack, since the blind will prevent them from landing hits. Careful with warriors, though you have enough tools for the most part to strip the resistance as soon as it’s stacked up.

If you’re in a group with AoE swiftness, Locust can be swapped out for Wurm if you need the burst teleport.

Axe 2 -> Soul Spiral with a DChill proc in there somewhere = Dead target. Onslaught affects any channels like Soul Spiral made in shroud making it + quickness extremely fast. Seaweed salad and the signet keep up mobility, SoS allows for more Death’s Charge flickering (7s cd 600 range leap) to maintain mobility with RP cutting down on soft CC, GS5 is an excellent pull for targets just starting to try and flee, VP + Onslaught are big resetters in outnumbered fighting or small group play which allow you to keep using charge every time someone dies, quickly catching up to people.

I’ll swap in a GS with Acc/Force or Acc/Strength with the bloodlust on the dagger at times depending on how things are going.

Druids are the most difficult matchup just because they also typically have so much durability and combined burst mobility. It’s honestly a sustain game with them trying to generate life force to stay in shroud to wait them out of their stability if they’re not permaboons and then CC-lock them with GS and CttB + Executioner’s Scythe while going to down. Axe3 and Dagger 5 are corrupts which you can time into DChill to corrupt many boons repeatedly to maybe take out any stacked non-pulsing stability they have left over to lock them down.

You can just make trades with thieves without an issue. As soon as they engage they just get nuked instantly if you’re in Axe with a soul spiral as the whole channel will finish in under a second and they’ll eat like 12k from the whirl + another 4-6k from DChill.

I dont get why you would play reapers onslaught over blighters boon on a roaming build.
Im using blighters+dura rune to get locust swift to 21 sec swiftness … so u dont need that kittenty signet.

~Nefras~

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I dont get why you would play reapers onslaught over blighters boon on a roaming build.
Im using blighters+dura rune to get locust swift to 21 sec swiftness … so u dont need that kittenty signet.

So he can play Scholar’s instead of Durability… That’s a huge damage loss imo.

I like running Pack runes instead for movement tho so I can ditch the signet for somenthing like “Nothing can Save You!” to deal with the block spam professions. You can get pretty much get perma swiftness from Warhorn (or from Spectral Walk if you run it) with it and it give 175 power and 125 precision which is a nice offensive boost and not a big loss compared to a defensive rune like durability.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

Lmao people actually use Scholar on Reapers outside of pve? I mean I hope you know in most fights that involve an ounce of counterplay that is possible from anyone above a basic bronze, you’re not going to be at >90% health for the majority of the fight.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Lmao people actually use Scholar on Reapers outside of pve? I mean I hope you know in most fights that involve an ounce of counterplay that is possible from anyone above a basic bronze, you’re not going to be at >90% health for the majority of the fight.

I’m pretty sure that the idea of the build is to burst people down with high damage while on death shroud (which means his HP is intact, thus enabling the scholar bonus). Also, there are quite a few builds who use scholar’s for professions who will try a one shot the target such as mesmers or revenants. Sure, it’s a hard rune to pull off it’s effect, but the fact that people think scholar’s is useless outside PvE is laughable…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

I’m pretty sure that the idea of the build is to burst people down with high damage while on death shroud (which means his HP is intact, thus enabling the scholar bonus). Also, there are quite a few builds who use scholar’s for professions who will try a one shot the target such as mesmers or revenants. Sure, it’s a hard rune to pull off it’s effect, but the fact that people think scholar’s is useless outside PvE is laughable…

Sorry but scholar is almost completly useless on necro. Mesmers and Revs have alot of invuln or invis frames to not fall below 90% hp, while necros only defense is their hp and the ability to weaken their enemies. Even starting on 100% shroud instantly going into it shouldnt be worth it at all. Even Pack is just so much better.
Signet of the locust on a burst oriented build also just doesnt make sense imo.
And once again if he doesnt play blighters boon i cant imagine how he survives any fight at all.

~Nefras~

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Sorry but scholar is almost completly useless on necro. Mesmers and Revs have alot of invuln or invis frames to not fall below 90% hp, while necros only defense is their hp and the ability to weaken their enemies. Even starting on 100% shroud instantly going into it shouldnt be worth it at all. Even Pack is just so much better.
Signet of the locust on a burst oriented build also just doesnt make sense imo.
And once again if he doesnt play blighters boon i cant imagine how he survives any fight at all.

Well, I said it myself, I prefer Pack over Scholars. I’m just trying to figure why would he use it and that was my guess. In the end, it’s entirely up to him to talk about it.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

DeceiverX is correct. Reapers need better in-combat movement. I can tear one apart even if played to perfection because they simply cannot avoid being kited.

IMO, introduce a new trait in the Reaper line or overhaul a GS skill that allows them to handle kiting better. I think everyone would rejoice if Necros were more competitive in 1v1, duels, etc and didn’t need to rely on numbers or extraordinary skill to survive.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

DeceiverX is correct. Reapers need better in-combat movement. I can tear one apart even if played to perfection because they simply cannot avoid being kited.

IMO, introduce a new trait in the Reaper line or overhaul a GS skill that allows them to handle kiting better. I think everyone would rejoice if Necros were more competitive in 1v1, duels, etc and didn’t need to rely on numbers or extraordinary skill to survive.

This. Reapers are so kiteable. In 6 months of roaming on my DH, I’ve not met a Reaper in WvW who gave me any sort of problems in 1vs1. They can be kited so easily I cry because I’m a Reaper main and lover of Reaper but it is just so ineffective in solo roaming right now.

Tools-wise, granted a Reaper has the tools to cause problems for many other classes, they require to build specifically to fight a certain class to be competitive at all. They do not have a general roaming build that is competitive against most of the other classes’ builds out there.

In a clash, Reapers are almost always reactive rather than pro-active at the start because of the lack of instant gap closers and long range hard hitting attacks. They need to bear the brunt of the enemy’s opening attack before being able to counter with anything. One way of course is to lay marks at your feet. But the worst is coming up against high hitting range opponents like druids, mesmers and revenants.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Onslaught affects the channel speed on all skills in shroud as well, not just the AA. This makes Executioner’s Scythe’s windup faster, as well as Soul Spiral’s channel take less time to deal all the hits. This makes you much harder to predict since so many expect Blighter’s timings, and with Quickness, allows a full combo in < 2s. If you want to play glass and deal a ton of damage, building sustain is a waste of time. As mentioned by others, Death Shroud does not use the Scholar health rules and therefore the bonus damage can be fairly easily-maintained. The build primarily focuses on using Shroud as its main source of damage, with GS as a lockdown and counter-engage tool to keep you healthy. A/D’s a mixed bag of combo, opening damage, and kill security.

Scholar runes provide a large amount of extra damage given the bonuses to ferocity + 10% damage + vuln + mightstacking.

The signet has a lot of utility that often gets ignored; the lifeseteal component ignores Endure pain and other damage negation, for example, while it offers a very substantial heal in outnumbered situations or against say, chronomancers, allowing for a massive heal.

If you run WH, you lose out on the utility of the OH dagger (ranged AoE cleanse/transfer, corruption, AoE weakness. Since the build doesn’t run DM or Plague signet/CC in favor of the life force gain, healing, and lower cooldowns on YSiM/Suffer to push more emphasis on shroud flickers (and the former are more awkward in roaming due to the sluggishness of the skills themselves), while Suffer also directly hard-counters any DA thief since it can be used while stunned during an incoming BV’ed Mug and prioritizes the Weakness from Lotus Poison to which it gets sent back to them (reducing incoming damage and negating much of Daredevil’s dodge presence early on without burning cooldowns), deals some damage, hits stealthed targets, and inflicts chill. Not to mention, in the case of the thief and mesmer, both run boon strips which will negate any bonus mobility, anyways, making you likely just worse-off. The signet’s passive cannot be removed, and is offset by SoS in shroud.

Basically, while you gain swiftness, you screw yourself over in most matchups where the swiftness in terms of bonus mobility would mean something. When it comes to small-scale and highly-mobile foes like thieves, mesmers, and druids, Warhorn is more of a trap than a boon. In the case of the druid, for example, the Daze doesn’t do much due to their stability uptime and you’re going to have similar kiting problems with or without swiftness. The signet will also get more value since it can hit the pet and double-up as an extra heal if necessary, and most of your fight will be made while in Shroud, to which SoS gives you baseline 30% speed. More merit to Suffer also allows for cleansing taunt without burning a stunbreak, and if you’re lucky, also affecting the ranger, closing the gap and forcing a stunbreak on them.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

@Eremite

Against DH, I usually just switch in NCSY, open with GC to pop their aegis, dodge into traps with stability to trigger them, and then cast NCSY one-shot them with Soul Spiral which will proc a max-damage Deathly Chill in most cases from the boons. Unless they react quick with RF likely after burning their blocks, which also forces redundant/wasted cooldowns) their entire defensive kit is negated and the build packs enough damage to outright kill them unless they’re a condi burn guard or a dedicated tank (in which case the blocks are insignificant and you win the sustained fight from the LF gain, better mobility, and high damage ramp from Spite).

For the most part, your cooldowns are low enough to keep flickering Death’s Charge to maintain enough mobility with most professions/builds. Druids are a problem, but even thieves have lower sustained mobility than a druid building staff/GS/CS. You can pretty readily just run from these builds, anyways.

I don’t know, but I find myself very capable of being able to be proactive; the GS and Axe are fantastic weapons to make aggressive plays with, and given this spec, I’ve had few issues with people easily running away. Thief ports? Charge and swap into GS as he’s going to try and BP/HS and you can interrupt the leap with a well-timed Grasp. Maybe it’s just my experience on thief talking, but I find them to be the easiest targets to kill in 1v1’s for the most part.

Honestly, I don’t think the profession needs to have much more mobility. There is some amount of mobility in the game at the moment on some builds which could afford to be toned down, instead, and the problem would largely dissolve. To make the reaper more menacing against mobile opponents currently, all they’d really need to do is just slash the cooldown on Grasping Darkness. It’s easily the best skill on GS and imho one of the best on the necromancer in general, but its cooldown is too high for how dependent the kit is on being in melee with its slower attacks. A fix to Spectral Grasp (and Scorpion Wire) would go a long way here as well.

As a side note, the linked build is my older build. I’m currently experimenting with something slightly different which trades around 10% damage for close to 30% more health. While the traits are the same, sometimes that 10% has meant the difference in getting a kill or not.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wurm instacast tele, doesn’t destroy wurm if cast a 2nd time, wurm hp +a lot of %
spectral walk 600 range directional tele, double castable
gs3 600 range leap
spiteful talisman teles you on #5
dark path cd 15sec to 6 chill 5s to 2

some quick thoughts on necro mobility improvement :O

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Frozen.1347

Frozen.1347

@ DeceiverX

The ability to burst down a bad or surprised target doesn’t make a build good (otherwise your precious signet thief would be still good too, right?). Even if it can work in WvW. But all classes have the tools to avoid and/or survive most of your dmg while being able to counter pressure relatively safe. Especially common roaming classes/builds. Necro lacks that kind of “safe” pressure though, especially when build full glass. Shroud is supposed to provide it, but tanking just doesn’t work that well against the powercreep in form of high dmg, tons of cc and condis.
It’s surely a fun build though and i might try it myself.

Spiteful Renewal as adept trait in spite was an accident i guess? Because both other traits would make more sense there. And wouldn’t air and/or hydromancy sigil with full zerk gear better than valk trinkets and accuracy sigils? I guess it is to maximise the ferocity gain from food, while maintaining 50/100% critchance, but the additional crit dmg is so minor, that air/hydro would definitely add more dmg to your burst and the additional 1k hp won’t do much for your survivability either.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I’m playing on necromancer, but I agree with you on the mobility issue. I prefer my shroud to reaper shroud. When the reaper trait line came out, let’s face it, it’s a melee line. Greatsword to melee with and reaper shroud is melee too. You have to be right up on them and duke it out in the reaper shroud.

So, I don’t use my reaper trait line. Although I do love Rise and the chills. But, for me and my play style, I don’t like the melee aspect of it.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

wow reapers stack bleed like crazy now. I took a short burst from an enemy reaper on my dragon hunter and in a few seconds, he stacked around 27 stacks of bleed on me with many covering condis =/

I still cleared it with a single wings of resolve though and proceeded to kite and burst and own him.

I’m just amazed reapers can dish out so much bleed stacks now.

And Reaper greatsword skill 4 strips boons per pulse now. New meta for zerg vs zerg.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

@ DeceiverX

The ability to burst down a bad or surprised target doesn’t make a build good (otherwise your precious signet thief would be still good too, right?). Even if it can work in WvW. But all classes have the tools to avoid and/or survive most of your dmg while being able to counter pressure relatively safe. Especially common roaming classes/builds. Necro lacks that kind of “safe” pressure though, especially when build full glass. Shroud is supposed to provide it, but tanking just doesn’t work that well against the powercreep in form of high dmg, tons of cc and condis.
It’s surely a fun build though and i might try it myself.

Spiteful Renewal as adept trait in spite was an accident i guess? Because both other traits would make more sense there. And wouldn’t air and/or hydromancy sigil with full zerk gear better than valk trinkets and accuracy sigils? I guess it is to maximise the ferocity gain from food, while maintaining 50/100% critchance, but the additional crit dmg is so minor, that air/hydro would definitely add more dmg to your burst and the additional 1k hp won’t do much for your survivability either.

The only reason signet D/D thief – particularly core thief (Daredevil can be made pretty playable here) – isn’t a good build is because it fails if you mess anything up, because it’s negated entirely by passive defenses, is hard-countered by the existing meta, and lacks the capacity to fight in any amount of sustained environment or conditions or CC, which every build, especially now, packs a plethora of. Most of why signets isn’t competitive is because the build shuts itself down. Unlike power reaper, it lacks tools to deal with an engage lasting longer than the initial strike. While such a reaper build has issues in very long, sustained fights, most WvW encounters don’t last long, between the fact that the offensive pressure/stats are just so much higher and the fact that people build to kill/flip objectives rather than tank and hold points as they do in sPvP.

Frankly, I’m an advocate against all forms of safe pressure. In many builds it just isn’t necessary, and I will simply get up and leave the game entirely if it becomes so essential that no build can function without it. It’s very overpowered right now and carries poor players, but for a majority of fights, it’s avoidable. And honestly, the actual competitive small-scale scene is dead, so losing a fight or two really doesn’t mean anything. Most of the “roamers” in WvW these days are generally poor players riding the “coolness” of the small-scale/roaming scene from years’ past.

Unless you’re looking to be a top-tier player in general (which is kind of a joke if you’re looking at WvW or even GW2 in general currently), build choice isn’t really too critical as long as it does what it needs to.

I prefer Renewal for outnumbered fighting. Bitter Chill has a low duration for longer fights where it’d even matter, and Talisman is worthless since I run without a focus, and quite frankly, most builds spam boons much faster than can be stripped unless you run a dedicated corruption build, in which case, you’re not going to be very good at the whole roaming thing. It’s not an amazing utility selection, but I think it’s the best fit for the build. The cleanse and baby heal are quite nice in longer fights as well.

This isn’t a build just designed to 100-0 people and do nothing else, either, which is why I run Hydromancy at times. The chill procs when switching into shroud as well, which helps maintain stickiness/presence, bumps enemy cooldowns, and stacks life force and might from CV.

I personally prefer the extra health since it sometimes makes the difference. Shroud also scales on health which helps you stay in shroud longer when fighting as it’ll give you another hit or so before running out of LF, which can be a major deal. I used to run just berserker as mentioned, but there were numerous times when fighting that I’d miss a crit despite the 99%+ crit chance and die because of it. You’ll burst harder with air, but I also elect not to use the on-crit sigils because I think they’re stupid and offer no counterplay for my opponents, even if they make smart decisions.

If I were to drop the health to go Berserker, I’d run sigils of energy, personally. The extra dodges would probably make enough of a difference to justify them, since they also proc on shroud entry/exit.

Note: I originally referenced “DChill” above, meaning Chill of Death. I’ll be subsequently editing it.

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED, OP

I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY

competitive ele guyyyy

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Reaper is crazy op now in wvw dropping 20 ish bleeds on ppl from 2 skills alone.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Make Reapers great again

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think reapers have always been shunned when it comes to solo roaming in WvW.
Too little mobility, easily kited, out-ranged and out-damaged by a lot of builds.

The coming skill changes can fix this.

Make Reapers great again 2017.

Always stay near gates and friends! And whatever you do, don’t do PvP.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.