Make WXP boosters purchasable through badges!

in WvW

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

Make the boosters purchasable through badges just like in PvP where the boosters are purchasable through glory!

in WvW

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

I vouch for this

in WvW

Posted by: Immortalis.4973

Immortalis.4973

Nice idea, but to be honest I don’t think that it will ever happen, sadly!

Immortalís – Guardian
[FeaR] | Riverside [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I think its fairly obvious that no account bound wxp + gem store boosters = Anet trying to make some money off of WvW which I can’t blame them for being as they are a business. These boosters won’t even really help people with alts as they would need to buy tons of these to make a difference on all their characters. I see them helping casuals with no alts close the gap and dedicated WvW’ers push even farther into the ranks.

in WvW

Basket of Boxes.1976

I think its fairly obvious that no account bound wxp + gem store boosters = Anet trying to make some money off of WvW which I can’t blame them for being as they are a business. These boosters won’t even really help people with alts as they would need to buy tons of these to make a difference on all their characters. I see them helping casuals with no alts close the gap and dedicated WvW’ers push even farther into the ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

We will be adding more liquid WXP that will be purchasable, likely with badges and some other currency, soon. As in, less than a month. I’ve made it a personal goal to improve the experience for playing alts in WvW. And to cut it off now, we are not making WvW rank account bound.

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

And to cut it off now, we are not making WvW rank account bound.

Is there an actual good reason for this ?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I greatly appreciate how you are trying to make WXP less alt-unfriendly, but wouldn’t simply making it account bound fix it?

The only downside a change like that could have is that people may max ranks too fast and not have an incentive to keep playing, but seeing how many friggin ranks you need to fill even a single mastery…

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We will be adding more liquid WXP that will be purchasable, likely with badges and some other currency, soon. As in, less than a month. I’ve made it a personal goal to improve the experience for playing alts in WvW. And to cut it off now, we are not making WvW rank account bound.

YES! Please take my 2+ million karma and a ton of badges

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Can we at least be able to reset our points?

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would still like to see WXP boosters like the XP boosters.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Here’s their reasoning:

We want each character to have a unique experience in WvW, so World Ranks and WXP are all character-based values rather than account-based. We believe that in the long run, this will actually help incentivize players to experiment with various different ability builds for each character. It also creates a long term goal for players of multiple characters, as they can strive to rank up multiple characters to help show off their dedication to WvW.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-introducing-world-ranks-and-more/
(first paragraph of the “Our Goal” section)

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I suspect this will drive the prices on siege up. Ive already spent over 30k badges on siege. Now I won’t be spending any badges on siege because I want WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I would still like to see WXP boosters like the XP boosters.

Check the black lion trading company.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Here’s their reasoning:

We want each character to have a unique experience in WvW, so World Ranks and WXP are all character-based values rather than account-based. We believe that in the long run, this will actually help incentivize players to experiment with various different ability builds for each character. It also creates a long term goal for players of multiple characters, as they can strive to rank up multiple characters to help show off their dedication to WvW.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-introducing-world-ranks-and-more/

I’m going to make a Burning Oil Mesmer, I heard they were OP.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

-Liquid WXP
-Faster gain rate
-WXP booster

When acc bound WXP would make all this work unnecessary…

/idon’teven

What there’s SO wrong it making it acc bound and cut it off? You’re doing everything to work around it while simply changing the WXP to acc bound would resolve all of that…

Just give a reasonable response.

Even “We want you to buy booster to make money” is ok, but give us one.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Icecreaman.5072

Icecreaman.5072

More/faster ways of gaining Wxp and ability points is always good.

Unfortunately, it will all be going to my main WvW character while my alts sit on the sideline. You know what would improve my WvW experience and encourage me to play alts? Account bound Wxp and ability points.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I don’t understand this push to get ability points account bound! I Have 2 main WvW characters – Ranger (which I primarily use as a roamer, camp flipper, disruptor, repairer etc and mostly morning play), and a Necro (traited to run in Guild Raids/Zergs). I’m happy enough with the ability points each character gets and it gives me a sense of purpose for that character to level it up.

What I really want is the ability to reset and re-allocate the points as my character develops! Especially as new abilities come online. I don’t understand why Anet would have made it possible for my characters to go to a skill trainer and for a small fee allow me to re-vamp my build but won’t give me the same opportunity to experiment with my WvW abilities!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Unfortunately, it will all be going to my main WvW character while my alts sit on the sideline. You know what would improve my WvW experience and encourage me to play alts? Account bound Wxp and ability points.

Account bound WXP will never happen. Rank, playtime and the specific character are all interlinked. This is the same philosophy taken from DAoC. While Anet understands that players have multiple characters, the most reward must be given to your most prized character.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

I’m fine with you not making WXP account bound, assuming there’s a good reason for it. So let’s hear it. Right now, all we have is the apex of parenting: “because I said so!”

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

it’s quoted several posts above yours :rolleyes:

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Yeah. You MUST farm.
That’s the rule.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I think that this speaks volume about the very few resources that are allocated towards WvW. I imagine that changing WXP into account bound would be a far too resource-demanding task for you guys at this point, therefore you are working around it, by creating liquids and boosters, instead of solving the issue by it’s roots.

I really hope it’s because of the limited resources WvW has available, because surely no one can be that clueless when it comes to the part of the game their in charge off. It has already been pointed out to you on numerous occasions, with valid arguments provided, why changing WXP into account bound would be the ideal solution to this mess.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

The only reason given so far is quoted, yes, but most of us don’t accept it as a good reason. Someone did the maths and calculated it’d take over 6 years of fairly heavy WvW to reach the maximum title. How is that not sufficient grind for progress across an entire account?

It’s similar in scale to the PvP rank grind to 80 (which no-one has yet done, I believe) except that grind is sensibly account bound. Because it’s MASSIVE.

Character bound grinds are fine, but as long as they’re attainable across multiple alts. What happens when they add another new class, and we all dash to play that new class, except now we’re back at rank 0 in WvW? Sure I can spend 1000s of badges to buy some liquid WXP to get that char up a few ranks, but what is the advantage to the PLAYER of this system?

It’s not fun to rank up from 0 over and over and over again, whether you do it by normal play or through purchasing bottles of WXP.

tl;dr this system is advantageous to ArenaNet, but not advantageous to the player, hence all the complaints, and we’re yet to hear why we as players should be pleased that it’s character bound instead of account bound.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Shoe.5821

IMO you aren’t looking at the money quote

We want each character to have a unique experience in WvW

Or to put it another way. WXP is Soulbound just like Rares, Exotics and Legendaries. WXP abilities are part of your characters kit and customization. Allowing players to swap their exotics and legendaries between their characters is analogous to account bound WXP.

If I might be permitted to speculate, the real reason this has people annoyed is thakittens annoying/slow ranking up enough to actually get anything useful or interesting from the WXP trees. Sort of like if there were only Rares and Legendaries. And you cant respec so you get cut off at the knees if you experiment.

The new WXP rate will hopefully reduce that grind, so we’ll see.

P.S.

looking at the ‘advantage to the player’ is a little weird. it’s a game mechanic, the idea is to make an entertaining game, leveling up is simply a part of RPGs.

(edited by Shoe.5821)

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

I do appreciate you putting in the bit about rolling your eyes. I might have mistaken you for being kind and helpful.

I’ve read that. I believe I asked for a good reason. The reason given amounts to “Because we wanted to give you kitten to grind for.” And the explanation is kind of counter to the system in place. If they really wanted to encourage experimentation, respecs would not only be available, they would be easily available. “Go level another character!” does not encourage experimentation.

And how does getting 5 characters to rank 50 show more dedication than getting 1 to rank 250? Furthermore, how does not having my already earned rank from one character showing on my alts help show my dedication? I suppose it would take a lot of dedication for me to log in to each character and show them off individually.

Don’t get me wrong, I get accused of being a cheerleader for ANet. I Love so much about this game. But stuff like this baffles me.

in WvW

Shoe.5821

this is your post

I’m fine with you not making WXP account bound, assuming there’s a good reason for it. So let’s hear it. Right now, all we have is the apex of parenting: “because I said so!”

there’s no indication you read the quote in question and there is no way to boil down Devon’s quote to ‘because i said so’. so yes i rolled my eyes

p.s. i agree on respecs

in WvW

Basket of Boxes.1976

Account bound WXP will never happen. Rank, playtime and the specific character are all interlinked. This is the same philosophy taken from DAoC. While Anet understands that players have multiple characters, the most reward must be given to your most prized character.

The difference being in DAoC classes had unique realm abilities whereas in GW no matter what class you share the same set of WvW or RvR abilities. This liquid WxP will not increase the use of alts for most people they will just level up their main faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Quotes you will most likely never encounter in a WvW setting:

“I’m really enjoying playing my burning oil mesmer, the experience is so unique compared to my arrow cart warrior, it feels like a whole new game!”

“I don’t mind the queuetime when I need to relog to a character more suited to fire a trebuchet, during primetime.”

“I’m glad these WXP ranks aren’t account bound so I could see my overall rank, as now
I don’t get confused by which character is my main, as all of them have different ranks and titles.”

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Klawlyt.6507

Because there’s no real substance there. They “believe” these things. Devon doesn’t give any reason for their beliefs, just that they believe them. Why should we believe them too? Because Devon (or whomever is farther up the food chain) said so.

I would even accept it if they came out and said, “because making you re-earn your points on each character will help combat the power creep that we’ve introduced.” That would be an honest explanation.

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

soon SOON S O O N S O O N S OOOOOOoo NNNNN

SOOOOONNNNNN

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Alright… so you are introducing more world experience power creep, but at the same time refuse to have players care about world experience if they are playing multiple characters in WvW.

I think this all makes perfect sense…

By “And to cut it off now” you meant the WvW playerbase, yes?

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

This is bullkitten…, atm winning XPM is ridiculously easy… XPM should be winnable only when you fight vs other player and when you take tower/keep. No more, no less.

Ppl should not be reward for other think like repair wall or kill mob…
What next ? you will have 500xpm if you log in WvW or if you quit the warcamp ? …

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Yea there’s no way in kitten that character bound world xp and ranks encourages alt-play.

Do I play my main with all the WXP bonuses I accumulated so far?
or
Do I play my alt who has little to no WXP bonuses?

Unless WXP goes account bound it does not encourage the use of Alts and CANNOT encourage the use of alts. It is that simple. One character ends up being a more viable WvW character than the others. There are no words that can change that. There are no items you can make that will fix that. There are no trade post items you could buy that will change this imbalance short of a scroll that makes a character’s WvW rank equal to the highest rank you’ve obtained on any character.

Stop trying to cut off this issue anymore. Either you support alt play by making WxP account bound or you don’t support alt play by keeping it character bound. To say anything else is flat out fraud.

PS: the play is not unique because certain traits are simply required:
Arrow cart mastery1, supply mastery 1 (or forever have empty hands), ballista 1, treb 1 (unless you like taking 30 minutes for your firing macro to treb a wall down), maxed out guard attack and guard defense. I would even go to say that AC mastery maxed out is required since it allows you to hit ACs on walls that are hard to reach. Oh and if you’re a commander maxed out supply mastery is required. It means the difference of getting a counter-AC built or not.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

We want each character to have a unique experience in WvW, so World Ranks and WXP are all character-based values rather than account-based. We believe that in the long run, this will actually help incentivize players to experiment with various different ability builds for each character. It also creates a long term goal for players of multiple characters, as they can strive to

Make WXP account bound with stat distribution spent on each individual character…if you have to do something to limit stat spending on lowbies, fine.

There’s no future for WvW long term if it keeps getting harder, more expensive, and less rewarding to play alts, or even change builds on a character. That is what makes the game fun for people that actually enjoy the format and play for reasons beyond the carrots being dangled in front of them. It’s depressing that you still don’t seem to understand this.

Heck, you could even find a new revenue stream making it easier to and faster to create alts and exotic equipment without playing PvE or otherwise banging your head against the wall.

in WvW

Posted by: AmFah.5974

AmFah.5974

purchasable liquid wxp didnt made it into todays build

Attachments:

kitten u anet! (’Y’Y’)^_^(’Y’Y’)

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

purchasable liquid wxp didnt made it into todays build

After saying they are on it, Simply to cull the raging giant that is the player base, They forgot :P

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

-Liquid WXP
-Faster gain rate
-WXP booster

/idon’teven

What there’s SO wrong it making it acc bound and cut it off? You’re doing everything to work around it while simply changing the WXP to acc bound would resolve all of that…

The answer is this:

If anet allowed account bound WXP, but allowed you to also pick different masteries on each character you can change character based on the situation in order to use specific masteries. For example one of your characters you max out treb master, another cata mastery, another flame ram mastery etc. So for 75 points you have all the masteries for each of the siege weapons on a different character.

I think, that is the core reasoning.

I would prefer account bound wxp, and wxp bonuses are also account locked so you cant switch characters to get lets say treb mastery.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

He still has 3 days left before a month has passed! Have faith!

Devon wouldn’t lie to us now would be?

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Here’s their reasoning:

Well time and time again they are showing that they do not know what is best for the players. This imho is one of those instances.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

-Liquid WXP
-Faster gain rate
-WXP booster

/idon’teven

The answer is this:

If anet allowed account bound WXP, but allowed you to also pick different masteries on each character you can change character based on the situation in order to use specific masteries. For example one of your characters you max out treb master, another cata mastery, another flame ram mastery etc. So for 75 points you have all the masteries for each of the siege weapons on a different character.

I think, that is the core reasoning.

I would prefer account bound wxp, and wxp bonuses are also account locked so you cant switch characters to get lets say treb mastery.

Right…that’s not what we are saying. We are saying once they are chosen they are locked on all characters…the number of points…the wxp…and the skills selected are ACCOUNT BOUND not character bound. So if you have treb mastery on one character…it’s the same for all. The reason this makes sense is because they instituted 10,000 friggin levels to WxP skills…..if the grind was far less to get the stats people wouldn’t care as much to level their alts and it would FEEL more like character progression….but the truth is….their reduction in WxP leveling and the crappy drips of wxp you get from chests doesn’t come ANYWHERE CLOSE to reducing the ridiculous grind to get these levels…..i mean it takes hundreds of camps and towers, hours upon hours of wvw playing (not that I wouldn’t be doing it anyway) to get these skills…but then…I switch to my mesmer or thief and I got nothing and I have to spend hours grinding them AGAIN to get all the stuff I already had…..idiotic…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Account bound. Why is it a bad idea?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

Because this will make them lose money selling bs boost thru gem store

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Would love to see an answer to this question. Might at least give me some hope that the developers aren’t completely clueless.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Since WXP were introduced i rarely play anything besides my maincharacter(necro). Esp. with things like defense against guards. The total time spend on other characters in wvw in total is less than 10 hours for me. There is just no good reason to play on an alt-char when you have a high ranked mainchar. And everytime i did play an alt in wvw i felt like i totally wasting my time and wxp on a worthless character. I have absolutely zero reason to play an alt anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Devon: We will be adding more liquid WXP that will be purchasable, likely with badges and some other currency, soon. As in, less than a month. I’ve made it a personal goal to improve the experience for playing alts in WvW. And to cut it off now, we are not making WvW rank account bound.

Wait does that mean we are getting that in less than 5 days? Devon you promised! I have 5 ALTS I need that! 5 rank 60-70 and still no guard buff
Hope it’s not another empty promise…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Devon: We will be adding more liquid WXP that will be purchasable, likely with badges and some other currency, soon. As in, less than a month. I’ve made it a personal goal to improve the experience for playing alts in WvW. And to cut it off now, we are not making WvW rank account bound.

Wait does that mean we are getting that in less than 5 days? Devon you promised! I have 5 ALTS I need that! 5 rank 60-70 and still no guard buff
Hope it’s not another empty promise…

Stop whining. You are the reason ANET doesn’t like to give us previews of what’s coming.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Its not like he is asking for th end of skill lag or new maps..
What’s so hard about putting an item that is already in the game (liquid Wxp) at a vendor for pure badges. Would give us a use for them…

Also has anyone noticed a lot of valid topics being mysteriously deleted recently? I keep going to reply and get a message saying the perma link doesn’t exist anymore lol.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Lowest Animal.8014

Lowest Animal.8014

Its going to be interesting to see if you can find the balance between making me want to 100% use my main to get wxp progression and making me want to play on my alt that has almost no wxp progression. This situation was similar to the old karma system that used to be character bound then became semi transferable with containers and eventually became account bound. Hopefully we wont have to wait almost a year to reach a satisfactory solution as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

No. Because it’s the only interesting booster in the gem store. They’d lose a lot of money then.

I mean who needs glory booster from gem store when you get hundreds from playing sPvP. Who needs normal XP booster when you get to 80 very fast(fastest MMORPG I know). After that you can even use skill scrolls now if you need a few skill points to buy stuff.

Karma… okay could be interesting with the nerf.
MF certainly not that important that I’d buy a booster (also we have hero banners and stuff).