Make a list of top WvW individual players

in WvW

Posted by: Shera.1450

Shera.1450

With all the new hype and added players in WvW, making a list of the top “individual” players would keep the interest going as well as encourage veterans!! It’s been long overdue to have the recognition for WvW like other aspects of the game have.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

What would be the criteria to determine “top individual player”?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Grey.3179

Grey.3179

I nominate Biff.

Thunderfro the Grey – Asuran Ranger – [HART] [RTH] – Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Cyriby.6784

Cyriby.6784

Definitively Barry !

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Yeah, would be hard to narrow it down really.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Are we talking mechanical skill? That would be some of the ESL players who dabble in WvW from time to time. Are we talking impact on WvW? That would be the shadowy figures who bankroll guilds and people moving.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Are we talking impact on WvW? That would be the shadowy figures who bankroll guilds and people moving.

Hardly shadowy. It’d probably be given to Indo or Mal considering they did things that had lasting impact on a couple of servers to this day. xD

Of course, without the “rebellion” NA would have gone stale long ago without them.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Choc Pudding did more to shape NA WvW than Mal or Indo, and hardly anyone knows who he was.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Most pervert? No, there are no individuals because so many of them are equally pervert.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanurus.1506

Melanurus.1506

Depends, on legendary commanding prowess alone, definitely Molassas. If you are talking about overall mastery of the game, commanding style, ability to wipe zeros triple his size and just overall skill, the stallion himself Bdews. To disagree you’re a bigot.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

This turned into joking thread, understandable…

A WvW leaderboard, for both guilds and individual players would be an extremely useful tool, since server balance could be based on this (also time spent by these players & guilds, contribution into overall skirmish score, and so on, specifics could be discussed if and when Anet decides to consider implementing it, but KDR could be a start)

Beyond the “leaderboard” we also need an “alliance” system (this isn’t about battlegroups), it’s something similar to guilds, but server-wide structure: alliance chat, alliance roles (class & more), rating set to each member by leaders based on commitment and skill separately (faithful scout vs. skilled fighter), i.e. 85/40, 30/90.

One of the greatest failures of WvW system is the idea of being “inclusive”, which sounds great when it’s about accepting new players (less skilled), though even an “exclusive” system would need to welcome new blood; but the current gives no means to separate trolls and leeches, many times the map is full and queued with these, and they can’t do anything else but in the best case spam the chat with toxicity. This is what resulted from making a competitive team game mode that is inclusive towards those who aren’t team players.

WXP rating or even kill numbers are pointless, both can be farmed with no skill at all. WvW game mode never liked skilled players, it’s almost designed against them: any troll can still get on a cannon or AC and destroy a fight, and then wonder about why nobody returns…

There is no way to determine the skill level based on any stats currently in use. KDR could come closer than any other, but certainly isn’t an accurate measurement, both kill & death numbers depends just as much or even more on your team and the teams you were fighting against, as your own skill. A list to be used when balancing servers could still be useful, including one for guilds too.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Just go gw2 eff and pick player kills achievement. And even this is terrible for comparison. You cant look at single people in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Everyone should pretty much be recognizing me as top veteran wvwer at this point.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I assume someone mentioned Barry?

in WvW

Shera.1450

I mean your “individual” WvW rank, and not just server ranking. Like AP, PvP indiv rank, etc.

in WvW

Shera.1450

I feel this gives recognition to our veterans, and others something to aim for. Like with AP, it’s something that shows your dedication over time.

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

The killer commander Molassas Muscle is the #1 WvWer in the game. We don’t need a list to know that.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Shera.1450

But like other lists it’s not for just “one” person. However, you could do one for “top commanders” but would be much more subjective.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

But like other lists it’s not for just “one” person. However, you could do one for “top commanders” but would be much more subjective.

There have been a kittenton of threads about this over the years and it always comes down to “NO ONE HAS HEARD OF YOUR COMMANDER OUTSIDE OF THE LIKE 50 PEOPLE THAT FOLLOW HIM IN HIS TIMEZONE AND POSSIBLY ABOUT 6 ENEMIES THAT READ THE UNOFFICIAL WVW FORUMS.”

No one knows enemy players on enemy servers because you can’t see their names, end of discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I vote for that mysterious hero that
*refreshes siege because the other 70 people that just blew through ran right by it
*stays behind after something has been saved and spends the next 10 minutes repairing the gate or wall because the zerg couldn’t be bothered
*scouts the enemy and reports where they are so the friendly zerg can smash them and get much loot
*scouts structures so we don’t lose that t3 keep because the other 70 people on the map can’t be bothered to look at the map screen and see that the wp is contested and investigate why
*pre-builds siege so that something can be defended against overwhelming numbers and then does it all over again after it flips and re-flips
*speeds that yak along it’s path because you only need 67 more to get that wp!

Seriously, you know who you are (probably every server has at least one). YOU DA REAL MVP

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

I vote for that mysterious hero that
*refreshes siege because the other 70 people that just blew through ran right by it
*stays behind after something has been saved and spends the next 10 minutes repairing the gate or wall because the zerg couldn’t be bothered
*scouts the enemy and reports where they are so the friendly zerg can smash them and get much loot
*scouts structures so we don’t lose that t3 keep because the other 70 people on the map can’t be bothered to look at the map screen and see that the wp is contested and investigate why
*pre-builds siege so that something can be defended against overwhelming numbers and then does it all over again after it flips and re-flips
*speeds that yak along it’s path because you only need 67 more to get that wp!

Seriously, you know who you are (probably every server has at least one). YOU DA REAL MVP

dis, WvW Moms are the best. They watch ur kittens when you go to sleep, and when you are awake the world is still yours. However, when they gone rogue, enemy’s omni-blob + crapload of omegas will show up inside your safespace, smashing tables, ur daddy, and your favorite catapult. You won’t find breakfast that morning, instead you will die a horrible death with questions such as “where is Cloud?” “how did they get inside?” “why didn’t anyone say anything on teamchat?” “who’s going to pull ewp now that everyone’s dying?” the answer to all your question is “Ur WvW Mom has gone rogue, ur ****ed”.

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

If your nomination ain’t a troll you ain’t nominating hard enough

What server had the best trolls? It’s between Mag & EBay IMHO.

(edited by Azukas.1426)

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

What would be the criteria to determine “top individual player”?

Definitely things like:

Doesn’t use DIRE.
Doesn’t use Trailblazers.
Isn’t using a Build labeled as, “Cancer” or “Cheese” by the majority of the WvW Community.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

A WvW leaderboard, for both guilds and individual players would be an extremely useful tool, since server balance could be based on this (also time spent by these players & guilds, contribution into overall skirmish score, and so on, specifics could be discussed if and when Anet decides to consider implementing it, but KDR could be a start)…
…There is no way to determine the skill level based on any stats currently in use. KDR could come closer than any other, but certainly isn’t an accurate measurement, both kill & death numbers depends just as much or even more on your team and the teams you were fighting against, as your own skill. A list to be used when balancing servers could still be useful, including one for guilds too.

Truncated for brevity, but I agree with the entire post.

I’m adding a demonstration of my thoughts on what these leaderboards could look like. With the new rewards system, it’d make sense to give ticket rewards to the top places for the week in some of them, depending on the difficulty of achieving them.

The examples here are what I’d consider to be useful statistics to try to achieve. It’s not a complete list – I may have missed some activities, whether because I forgot them, or I don’t rate them as particularly skilful, or perhaps because I don’t see any way to track them that isn’t open to exploitation.

They would be tracked per-week, per-server. The point is to record the top contributors to their server in their own ways.

Offense
For contributions during assault events against enemy holdings.
- Enemy players killed
- Enemy siege pieces destroyed/disabled (only counted if they fired during the event timer)
- Enemy holdings captured while outnumbered (fewer unique participants from the attacking server than the defending server)

Defense
For contributions during defense events.
- Enemy players killed
- Enemy siege pieces destroyed/disabled
- Defense events successful while outnumbered by either opposing server

Warfare
For contributions to PPK.
- Total enemy players killed
- Unique enemy players killed (each enemy player only counts once no matter how many times you kill them)
- Total kills minus total deaths

Havoc
For contributions against the odds, with 5 or fewer participating allies.
- Enemy holdings captured while outnumbered at least 2-to-1
- Successful allied defense events while outnumbered at least 4-to-1 (perhaps 2-to-1 for camps)
- Unique enemy players killed while outnumbered at least 2-to-1

Roaming
For contributions to individual glory.
- Unique enemy players defeated with no allied assistance
- Unique enemy players defeated at 3v1 or worse odds
- Solo keep lord kills
- Solo SM lord kills (good luck getting your name on that list, but if you do I think a few tickets are warranted)

(edited by Ben K.6238)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Over all or just some features? If I had to pick someone it would be fellow I know named Gorn. Best warrior to date.

As for commanders, since launch I have mainly played WvW. By far the best commander for me has been BlaiseMcBaine.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

on legendary commanding prowess alone, definitely Molassas.

Truly, there should be a monument to his excellence somewhere in the Maguuma jungle

in WvW

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Seriously? And when their colored chevron moves; we the sheeple who shall remain tagless, stay on top of said icon as best as we can during the actions that require excited shouting on the headsets. “PUSH, PUSH, PUSH, PUSH, WATER, WATER, GO, GO, GO, GO, IN, IN, IN, IN, and I’ll brb after I grab another beer.”

Oh they shall remember the names of those who commanded them so well, and remember the spies who told them where not to go at the times of our greatest victories.
We shall request that great monuments be erected in their name as any other sheeple tribe would do in order to idol warship the right way. Really? lol

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I’ll start the petition

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I mean your “individual” WvW rank, and not just server ranking. Like AP, PvP indiv rank, etc.

I’d be okay with this.

Although WvW rank is essentially meaningless I don’t see the harm in having a list to show where you stand.

Players who have accumulated the most Achievement Points have a list and, although a little more effort is required in some cases, it’s roughly similar to WvW rank. All most of it requires is play time. Heck, I’m at nearly 19k AP now and I’ve gained all of that casually. There has only been a handfull of times I’ve gone out of my way for something.

It’s not hard to figure out who the farmers are and who the veterans are so I don’t understand the controversy. Most of us are aware that WvW rank means very little and most of us are aware that high AP means very little.

If you want an unofficial list you can check out GW2Efficiency. Once you add your account and API, go to Account → Statistics → and select what you’d like to view in the drop down menu. In this case, WvW rank. From there, it will display your placement against those who have signed up on GW2Efficiency.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

There have been a kittenton of threads about this over the years and it always comes down to “NO ONE HAS HEARD OF YOUR COMMANDER OUTSIDE OF THE LIKE 50 PEOPLE THAT FOLLOW HIM IN HIS TIMEZONE AND POSSIBLY ABOUT 6 ENEMIES THAT READ THE UNOFFICIAL WVW FORUMS.”

No one knows enemy players on enemy servers because you can’t see their names, end of discussion.

I don’t know about that. I know the names of many, many players from other servers, commanders included.

It’s true that you don’t see their names but you often learn them through word of mouth or via dueling/teamspeak.

On topic, though. I think any kind of list that’s subjective would be a bad thing to have/something ANet wouldn’t do. It would be too easy for people to get in to serious disagreements about who they think is better or worse. Any kind of lists would have to be statistical facts for it to be something ANet would consider.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

So much this!

Top anything is subjective when there is no way to directly compare the players contribution (aside from the ‘who the heck’ is that issue).

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

- Enemy players killed
- Solo keep lord kills

I don’t zerg: I meet 1% of enemies that our zerglings meet and kill.
I also don’t want gank noob players (2v1, 3v1).
I have ganked 1v1 but I call it Build Wars 2.
Do people solo towers at Gold level?

I have skipped tower/keep caps and continued scouting in the map. No pips for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’d be okay with this.

Although WvW rank is essentially meaningless I don’t see the harm in having a list to show where you stand.

Oh I can see a few potential issues: target the #1 guy to make sure he’s dead over and over and rage quits so you can advance up the queue.

That’s just one off the top of my head.

This is WvW; you have to think about how it could be potentially abused before anything lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

So much this!

Top anything is subjective when there is no way to directly compare the players contribution (aside from the ‘who the heck’ is that issue).

Seriously. No idea who any of the names mentioned in this thread are. And I don’t anyone really cares who they are, outside their own server/timezone haha.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

I vote for Johnny!

Oh why he chase me round and round!?

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Molassas Muscles is extremely well known on Maguuma. He has single-handedly led mobs to defeat the ever elusive Grub. I, for one, follow him around exclusively and preach to the masses in regards to the size of his zerg. Constantly trying to apply pressure to his tail to help bring up the rear. One unit moving gracefully in perfect harmony. The thrill of that push as you hit the tip head on and just watch intently as the sweat is starting to drip, emotions are flaring and all you can do is scream out YES MOLASSAS YESSSS PUSH PUUUSH PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUkittenhen you loot that bag as it auto loots into your inventory and you rejoice and embrace as you collapse to tag. Such empowerment.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

Monkey Shinezz of Dragonbrand server. Most vocal player and “most” is an understatement

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Monkey Shinezz of Dragonbrand server. Most vocal player and “most” is an understatement

No that trophy will always belong to Ajax Blue.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

A WvW leaderboard, for both guilds and individual players would be an extremely useful tool, since server balance could be based on this (also time spent by these players & guilds, contribution into overall skirmish score, and so on, specifics could be discussed if and when Anet decides to consider implementing it, but KDR could be a start)…
…There is no way to determine the skill level based on any stats currently in use. KDR could come closer than any other, but certainly isn’t an accurate measurement, both kill & death numbers depends just as much or even more on your team and the teams you were fighting against, as your own skill. A list to be used when balancing servers could still be useful, including one for guilds too.

Truncated for brevity, but I agree with the entire post.

I’m adding a demonstration of my thoughts on what these leaderboards could look like. With the new rewards system, it’d make sense to give ticket rewards to the top places for the week in some of them, depending on the difficulty of achieving them.

The examples here are what I’d consider to be useful statistics to try to achieve. It’s not a complete list – I may have missed some activities, whether because I forgot them, or I don’t rate them as particularly skilful, or perhaps because I don’t see any way to track them that isn’t open to exploitation.

They would be tracked per-week, per-server. The point is to record the top contributors to their server in their own ways.

Offense
For contributions during assault events against enemy holdings.
- Enemy players killed
- Enemy siege pieces destroyed/disabled (only counted if they fired during the event timer)
- Enemy holdings captured while outnumbered (fewer unique participants from the attacking server than the defending server)

Defense
For contributions during defense events.
- Enemy players killed
- Enemy siege pieces destroyed/disabled
- Defense events successful while outnumbered by either opposing server

Warfare
For contributions to PPK.
- Total enemy players killed
- Unique enemy players killed (each enemy player only counts once no matter how many times you kill them)
- Total kills minus total deaths

Havoc
For contributions against the odds, with 5 or fewer participating allies.
- Enemy holdings captured while outnumbered at least 2-to-1
- Successful allied defense events while outnumbered at least 4-to-1 (perhaps 2-to-1 for camps)
- Unique enemy players killed while outnumbered at least 2-to-1

Roaming
For contributions to individual glory.
- Solo keep lord kills
- Solo SM lord kills (good luck getting your name on that list, but if you do I think a few tickets are warranted)

Many of them involve microcalculus, but in general is very cool.

Its sounds like a “war history” that somes RTS have, turning game log into a history:

“Battle of Guinea, 1330 deaths, 1450 kills”.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

As a teef…I rarely zerg, however if there is a ZvZ open field fight, I have a massive joygasm.

I do run camps and protect those we need to keep (where we need sups at certain locations).

I do run dollys or trigger my speedy/invuln dollys to help the sup runs

I do driver snipe in a ZvZ scenario once I determine who the driver is, until then, all back/side line enemies are my target (Starting with reapers)

I also pugmand (not as frequently as I used to)

I set siege for friendly commanders who are coming by (both cats/rams and AC)

My guild loves to cut tails on moving groups

I am far from the “best” in WvW (very far), however its hard to measure who the best is as its all subjective. A lot of us do pull our weight and thats the main thing

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

LetoII.3782

pfft maybe if this were neverwinter nights

Attachments:

in WvW

Jayne.9251

pfft maybe if this were neverwinter nights

Thought it was spelled ’Murica?

Also, did you see the winning cartoon from that Iranian artist?

in WvW

LetoII.3782

maybe, there’s quite a few Iranians
I believe Murica is correct spelling in the south, I’m a yankee

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Me

I know i know you all plebians are in denial

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Hahaha…. DB Noobz.

Gonna get that put on a t-shirt.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

maybe, there’s quite a few Iranians
I believe Murica is correct spelling in the south, I’m a yankee

Was in a WaPo story if that helps.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Is it nsfw or something?
linkylinky plz

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I would, but it’s political. And that’s a no-no here

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I would, but it’s political. And that’s a no-no here

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I think if the criteria is known across multiple servers my vote is Nocturnal Lunacy. That dood has probably whispered 50% of the player base.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]