Make gearing in wvw same as in spvp

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

This in my opinion should be implemented asap.

I see no point in current system, especially after the recent changes. People started joining wvw being low level, having pve build or wearing zerker items and it simply doesn’t work. Of course it also breaks competitiveness, simply because wvw is no longer competitive at this point (oh wait, you called it “competitive feature pack”? hahahahaha).

On Gandara wvw is dead now, people switched to GvG. Newbies run around in EBG getting mercilessly wiped and nothing much happens. Basically only the realm’s border is playable.

If something won’t change fast wvw will soon be dead again and this time it might die for good.

I think that switching the gearing method for wvw from physically acquiring the gear to same method as in spvp will solve few issues:
1. People will start gearing properly as they no longer will need to waste time on gearing up.
2. You won’t need 2 different sets of around 15 items with different stats just to play wvw if you are pve player (and vice versa).
3. People with power/condi build might switch to sup without relogging to another character.

Either this or unlink the servers now. I don’t see many options here.

inb4.: yes, I know you can be good at wvw, pve and spvp all at the same time, but apparently not everyone is.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Just curious, but how can it be “soon be dead again” if it’s “Gandara wvw is dead now”? What do you mean by playable? Is the border the only place not getting wiped? Not really understanding the way you define it sorry. There are people, no? Just that they are being wiped? Is that what you mean by dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Nah, free gear won’t save your server. Just tell players to earn their gear like the rest of us.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Please Anet. Don’t downgrade our gear and prevent us from dynamic stat combinations.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: BlackOcean.6903

BlackOcean.6903

Just curious, but how can it be “soon be dead again” if it’s “Gandara wvw is dead now”? What do you mean by playable? Is the border the only place not getting wiped? Not really understanding the way you define it sorry. There are people, no? Just that they are being wiped? Is that what you mean by dead?

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!

in WvW

Posted by: BloodMoonASURA.3564

BloodMoonASURA.3564

This in my opinion should be implemented asap.

I see no point in current system, especially after the recent changes. People started joining wvw being low level, having pve build or wearing zerker items and it simply doesn’t work. Of course it also breaks competitiveness, simply because wvw is no longer competitive at this point (oh wait, you called it “competitive feature pack”? hahahahaha).

On Gandara wvw is dead now, people switched to GvG. Newbies run around in EBG getting mercilessly wiped and nothing much happens. Basically only the realm’s border is playable.

If something won’t change fast wvw will soon be dead again and this time it might die for good.

I think that switching the gearing method for wvw from physically acquiring the gear to same method as in spvp will solve few issues:
1. People will start gearing properly as they no longer will need to waste time on gearing up.
2. You won’t need 2 different sets of around 15 items with different stats just to play wvw if you are pve player (and vice versa).
3. People with power/condi build might switch to sup without relogging to another character.

Either this or unlink the servers now. I don’t see many options here.

inb4.: yes, I know you can be good at wvw, pve and spvp all at the same time, but apparently not everyone is.

Implement PvP stats into WvW and kill all build diversity. Great idea. I really hate having more than 1 viable spec, we really should limit how people can play the game.

Being able to tweak the stats and specialize builds is what defines WvW. Changing that would be detrimental in the long run.

I Am The Freakshow – Anguish [Ash]
https://www.youtube.com/c/IAmTheFreakshow

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Spvp amulets in WvWvW is really stupid idea. We need more build diversity, not less.

I stopped playing spvp because it allows so limited set of amulets.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

no…………………………….

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

On Gandara wvw is dead

Underworld & Gandara
Kills: 75,540
Deaths: 89,749
Look verry dead to me…… leel – 12500 kills /15.000 deaths /day

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to vote no here. WvW is end game and part of that is gearing up for it. This makes sense in PvP but not WvW. And yes I did start in WvW with trash gear and under level at the time. We have a number of ways to gear up in WvW already and they continue to introduce new ways as we go.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Mammon.9508

Mammon.9508

These were the queues for Gandara. “Gandara WvW is dead” is a laughably false claim.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Another ‘no’ to this. Leave WvW alone with the build diversity.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Idk why people feel stats add “build diversity” when the biggest contributors are your weapons and utilities. Then some traits, runes, and sigils. Full marauder won’t play very different from full zerk, or even a mixture of the two.Then I again I came from GW1. So, eh!

I am, however, against Spvp amulets copy pasta into WvW. Easier to balance maybe (hah, good joke I know!), but I’d be in favor of per-slot choice. In other words the way legendary items behave…

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

UM guys anet can make gearing similar to spvp without just copy and pasting spvp limited stats. Basically make every stat per item selectable in wvw mode on character equipement screen.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Historically, wvw is designed as a alternative to open world pvp. A open world pvp naturally uses pve gears.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I hate pvp its extremly restrictive you cant just make a build that you want. You are forced to use one stat set and even then it is only from a small selection of stats. To me it feels like if forces you to do the meta. It is a huge loss to creativity and makes the game to stale pretty fast. I feel if they implimented something like that it would further kill wvw.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

This argument again…sigh

Anet should NOT implement this change for multiple reasons.

1.) WvW and PvP are different game modes. If this was implemented, they would be the same, thus it will all just be called PvP

2.) Doing this will destroy build diversity, which is what makes WvW more enticing for most WvW’ers compared to PvP. As a thoerycrafter, this is what i believe will cause a WvW to die. Remove diversity is to kill WvW…period.

3.) This will also make all ascended/legendary gear useless outside PvE…which it doesn’t matter in PvE as you can do everything easily with exotic so why bother have asc gear?

I could go on but this post would reach max characters and that’s a lot of typing lol.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

These were the queues for Gandara. “Gandara WvW is dead” is a laughably false claim.

LOL crazy queues on Gandara! When was that screen shot taken?

Desolation had queues to all 4 maps (albeit shorter than in that screen shot) when the WvWvW update was launched, but it died in less than a week. Now it is back to normal: generally queue to 1 map in prime time and rarely queues outside prime time. I like it that way. Long queues = more times spent waiting = less time playing.

I still think this queue is not related to gearing and Gandara is definitely far from dead. You are probably the most populated WvWvW server with FSP as long as you have the link.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]