Make sPvP badges a toggled option

in WvW

Posted by: Datmike.2416

Datmike.2416

Instead of removing them indefinitely because of name plate clutter that I myself have never had a problem with how about you instead leave us with the option of whether or not we can show in it WvW to anyone else who also toggles it? I still like to see it. If i can see it everywhere else in GW2 then I would love to continue to see it in WvW as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Instead of removing them indefinitely because of name plate clutter that I myself have never had a problem with how about you instead leave us with the option of whether or not we can show in it WvW to anyone else who also toggles it? I still like to see it. If i can see it everywhere else in GW2 then I would love to continue to see it in WvW as well.

So long as you add the ability to see my WvW rank while in PvP I got no problem with that. Maybe for the first 4 months though you make the WvW rank show up permanently so that it is fair to those of us that had to see those icons for 4 (or so) months, then add the toggle.

in WvW

Posted by: Datmike.2416

Datmike.2416

So long as you add the ability to see my WvW rank while in PvP I got no problem with that. Maybe for the first 4 months though you make the WvW rank show up permanently so that it is fair to those of us that had to see those icons for 4 (or so) months, then add the toggle.

Well you see..here is the deal. All we had was an icon. Last thing I want to see is a wall of text running around with the your name/server name/WvW rank, which can get very lengthy. Not sure why I even responded to that remark to begin with because it will never happen. I am offering a solution for those who still care to see their ranks but not force everyone else to see it unless you turn it on. Plus I don’t think anyone cares about WvW rank to begin with. As the other servers can already see it why would you want to see it when it is right below your action bar on a purple line.

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Fine I’ll take “just an icon”, platinum color general insignia, and thanks for agreeing with me. And permanent was what we got for 4 months; those that stayed that is, I quit till they reversed the prejudice against some of the WvW player(s). If they had added the ranks icon everywhere first I would have no problem with the PvP icons. Also just because you don’t think anyone cares about WvW rank does not make it a universal truth, I like mine very much and could care less to see a PvP icon in any game mode not relevant to the PvP tournament.

Edit: but I agree a toggle would be nice, they just need to get to work on making the WvW icons now.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

When, and I do say when because I believe it will happen, they make WvW rank icons then they should make a toggle for us to choose which one to show WvW or PvP, or it could just show the rank icon of the game mode you are in at the time (which prob makes the most sense)

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Fine I’ll take “just an icon”, platinum color general insignia, and thanks for agreeing with me. And permanent was what we got for 4 months; those that stayed that is, I quit till they reversed the prejudice against some of the WvW player(s). If they had added the ranks icon everywhere first I would have no problem with the PvP icons. Also just because you don’t think anyone cares about WvW rank does not make it a universal truth, I like mine very much and could care less to see a PvP icon in any game mode not relevant to the PvP tournament.

Edit: but I agree a toggle would be nice, they just need to get to work on making the WvW icons now.

First of all, what prejudice? – from your old posts its as if you quit because youre making up assumptions that there are rifts between pvp and wvw players? You’re delusional.
Secondly, I can argue that getting a high rank in wvw takes less skill as it is pretty much just the amount of time you spend zerging, hopping on that k-train, spamming 1 and capping stuff. Heck I have over 2.5k wvw levels and even I know world rankings mean kitten all.
Lastly, pVp is a better indicative of skill because to reach diamond-legendary you would need more than half a brain and an excellent understanding of EACH classes and different builds. It is also more balanced. IF you’re saying pvp doesnt translate to WvW-pvp mechanics then youre straight up stupid or ignorant.

Your main argument is that you can’t show off your wvw rank? Nice.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by kraftie.4765)

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

First of all, what prejudice? – from your old posts its as if you quit because youre making up assumptions that there are rifts between pvp and wvw players? You’re delusional.
Secondly, I can argue that getting a high rank in wvw takes less skill as it is pretty much just the amount of time you spend zerging, hopping on that k-train, spamming 1 and capping stuff. Heck I have over 2.5k wvw levels and even I know world rankings mean kitten all.
Lastly, pVp is a better indicative of skill because to reach diamond-legendary you would need more than half a brain and an excellent understanding of EACH classes and different builds. It is also more balanced. IF you’re saying pvp doesnt translate to WvW-pvp mechanics then youre straight up stupid or ignorant.

It is very clear that they cared more for the PvP community when they added the irremovable icons from the names while not doing so for the WvW crowd, if you disagree that is your right. As for skill, I generally enjoy GVG’s and small scale skirmishes that require you know positioning, tells, and what players are the larger threat, so no, many of us don’t hang out in EotM or button mash so you are wrong there. I am not, nor have ever, said there is no skill involved in PvP, but having PvP icons in WvW makes as much sense as having WvW icons in PvP. Feel free to read my post history if you don’t believe me.

Oh and btw calling someone delusional, ignorant and/or stupid for having a different opinion that your own is aggressive and rude, but then again that was the general impression I got from many players when last I entered the PvP lobby.

Please have a nice day!

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

kraftie.4765

It is very clear that they cared more for the PvP community when they added the irremovable icons from the names while not doing so for the WvW crowd, if you disagree that is your right. As for skill, I generally enjoy GVG’s and small scale skirmishes that require you know positioning, tells, and what players are the larger threat, so no, many of us don’t hang out in EotM or button mash so you are wrong there. I am not, nor have ever, said there is no skill involved in PvP, but having PvP icons in WvW makes as much sense as having WvW icons in PvP. Feel free to read my post history if you don’t believe me.

Oh and btw calling someone delusional, ignorant and/or stupid for having a different opinion that your own is aggressive and rude, but then again that was the general impression I got from many players when last I entered the PvP lobby.

Please have a nice day!

It’s not about which mode Anet cares the most. WvW has pvp aspects and it makes sense for the badges to be there. It’s as simple as that. I have been heavily involved in the GvG scene and have many friends from guilds such as EP, Agg, NS and GS of whom are all top tier guilds and each were considered the top guilds from NA for a time.

I’m sorry to break it to you, but it’s the internet. If your feelings got hurt in Hotm – get over it. There are bad apples in each game mode and it’s not fair to generalize.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by kraftie.4765)

in WvW

Tommyknocker.6089

Like I said, please, have a nice day!

in WvW

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

They should bring it back. Pvp badges serves to show who was best at combat on your “team”.

Sadly many in the community took negatively to it because for those not ranked high it showed to others. Something else that seems very illogical to me.

in WvW

kraftie.4765

Like I said, please, have a nice day!

Shame you wouldn’t address my arguments. Nevertheless, enjoy your day

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Is toggle all nameplates off already an option? I’d love to minimize the clutter and fluff, and really i want to be the judge of each battle i fight in. I could care less if someone is a legendary or dolyak. If they give a good fight, I’ll know. Don’t need fluff