Make siege invulnerable to AC

in WvW

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

What do you think?

If siege was invulnerable to AC, would it make things better?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Only makes it worse, i often find myself speedbuilding an ac to buy some time with or, when lucky, actually nuking that ram or cata thats hitting towers/keeps

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

It would make it worse. The damage to siege from AC’s is ok now. It used to be even less, then Anet buffed AC’s, then people lost thier minds and cried so hard that Anet nerfed AC’s back a little to the current state.

I’ll say it again. The problem with AC’s is Superior AC’s, Mastery, and Windowed Mode. Power creep has made them bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I can spam a superior AC all I want, 2 rams are still getting through that gate.
If there are multiple ACs in the tower being used — perhaps the rammers should rethink their strategy. … or use iron hide and blast some water fields.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I guess there are pro’s and con’s to every thing, but I think the power an AC has on other siege has gone OTT.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Attackers already have the advantage, which goes against all logic and common sense. No need to make it even worse.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Attackers already have the advantage, which goes against all logic and common sense. No need to make it even worse.

Not sure where you play, but I’ve seen groups of 5 well coordinated teams who can hold a tower against 20 people indefinitely. Most attackers will just move along.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It would make it worse. The damage to siege from AC’s is ok now. It used to be even less, then Anet buffed AC’s, then people lost thier minds and cried so hard that Anet nerfed AC’s back a little to the current state.

I’ll say it again. The problem with AC’s is Superior AC’s, Mastery, and Windowed Mode. Power creep has made them bad.

I agree with this. I really want to see siege bunker buffed quite a bit to offset the power creep.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Not sure where you play, but I’ve seen groups of 5 well coordinated teams who can hold a tower against 20 people indefinitely. Most attackers will just move along.

You can make a good defense with 5 people in a well sieged and full supplied tower, but if the 20 people “really want” to get the tower they will, just need a little bit of organization and supplies.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I agree with this. I really want to see siege bunker buffed quite a bit to offset the power creep.

No to the OP, but yes to this. Give individuals greater ability to survive siege, but keep siege where it is so it can be destroyed by organized defense.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I have seen 5 players take a tower from 20. Doesn’t prove anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yup defensive siege are powerful right now. Too powerful i don’t think so. The main advantage of an attacker is moving fast. Usually, by the time someone see the white sword, the siege are up and running. By the time the commander react and get a scout report a tower only have some second left, not enough to defend it if nobody was close at the right moment while at a keep the attacker should already be at inner, leaving not that much time for the zerg to get at the keep. Pre build Siege are live savers but still you need proper scouting and rapid response from at least a couple person to be useful. The crucial element of any attack/defend is time.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I have seen 5 players take a tower from 20. Doesn’t prove anything.

5 taking a tower with 20!? lol… 18 afk and 2 active maybe? They just had to go out of the tower and wipe the 5.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

We need ac’s to counter the ram masteries, until we can have fortified doors it’s the only thing that stops a zerg from getting a free tower cause standing on the walls to defend is near impossible, oil is worthless and cannons are too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It would be worse, invencible golems army all the way vs ac’s.

Imo stuff is already to easy to capture, that when u loose a keep, wood/paper doors get destroyed in seconds by just pvd from a zerg.

1st, theres no point of holding unless for server ticking.
2nd, let it be caped and cap again becouse at least you will get one more chest.
3rd, the point in WvW is the same as in gw1 AB, try to cap faster then you oponents dont really need to defend anything.

iv’e seen much better concepts of siege in old mmo’s

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

AC is the only saving grace for servers constantly outnumbered in the morning, without it there is no chance of holding your keep.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.