Make the NSoH for Waypoints not Challenges

in WvW

Posted by: Burrito.9750

Burrito.9750

I would like to suggest that the Notarized Scrolls of Heroics be for random Waypoints instead of Challenges.

I believe this would entice players to visit parts of the world their character hasn’t been to yet. And when they are there, they can do the challenges…

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Fun idea, but I doubt you will find much like for it.

The Hero Points is needed for the Spez, and a good bunch of players doesn’t want to leave WvW at all, and they want a way to earn their Spez while playing WvW.

Removing that, they would have to unlock WP’s and then go to those WP’s in PvE and do the skill challenges, and they’re just not interested in doing that.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

What good does random waypoint do for wvw player? Having just a wp in HoT maps is fairly pointless since you need also several masteries to get anywhere from wp. And you need to grind on those HoT maps to raise those masteries. To get to the actual hero point challenge, you still need things like gliding, mushroom jumping, poison reduction and/or any number of other masteries.

If anyone can these days be only wvw player is even debatable. If you are in wvw guild, you need to improve guild hall which requires gold (you never earn gold from wvw, you only spend gold you earned in pve) and/or materials (none of which can be found/bought in wvw).