Make upgrades valuable

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I know currently PPT isn’t a good motivation at moment, but maybe it will be more important again should the mayor WvW-overhault come active (at least thats my hope).

Problem: Upgrades are absolutely worthless at moment, they are free, they are automatic and the WPs are available from start. As a result defending your possesions is as less motivated as attacking difficult target, and the karma-PvD-train is more valuable than ever.

Proposal Make the PPT-value of object depend on the upgrade.

• T1 no value
  • T2 current value (5 camps, 10 towers, 25 keeps, 35 SM)
  • T3 double the current value
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

GG seeing ticks of 1400. There would literally be no way to play the game other than to nightcap. After 2 nights, servers with a nightcrew will have won the matchup because its utterly impossible to catch up.

Sorry but this idea is hilarious.

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Off-time domination should be fixed as well (A PPT that is always decided when the fewest people play will stay irrelevant).
But this is another problem, that need other solutions, e.g. the ones discussed https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Scoring-Discussion/first or https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Nerf-the-domination-of-Coverage

But if you like to keep the max 695, you can also say T1 nothing, T2 half today, T2 as today.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

But if you like to keep the max 695, you can also say T1 nothing, T2 half today, T2 as today.

This would do absolutely nothing to fix the situation Dawdler points out. It would just make the numbers smaller.

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Sometimes im happy devs dont read/post here especially with ideas like these.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Make upgrades valuable

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Maybe it did not made it clear enough. I am convinced:

Without a fix to coverage-wars WvW will be burried within 2016.

So without a fix to the coverage problem there is no need to fix anything else.

So look at my proposal from a point of view where the coverage problen is fixed in some way. And don’t bring just the argument, it doesn’’t work as wvw is broken.