Making Immobilized to be manageable

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I know everyone is QQing about this, getting a 20 sec immobilized in a zerg fight while getting condi bomb is insane. It is amazing Anet never think of something like this that can be abuse. Here is my idea on this matter, making immobilized a condition that is not stackable, able to be cleanse, however it won’t get affected by -conditions runes/food.

With this, immobilized time will not drop to 1/2 sec due to people stacking melandru+lemongrass. The skill that apply immobilized will still be decent if this changes are made, and it won’t be too powerful as it is right now. No more 1/2 sec immobilized, no more 20 sec immobilized, the skill will do as what the tooltip tells you http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Bolas . You will still be able to chain immobilized on someone, but it requires coordination which will increases the level of skills required in a group. As it is right now, 5 warriors spamming bolas will stack it up to 20 sec which is ridiculous.

What says you Anet?

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

They need to add DR to all CC, especially immobilize

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

When I saw that Immobilize stacked, I realized things were going to be bad. No matter how many condition removals I run, I can’t get rid of it in a zerg. I think it would be better reclassified into the stuns, dazes and knockdowns category.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I never got, why they didn’t simply change it to something like this:
“If an immobilize with a longer duration than the already applied one gets applied, it will overwrite, otherwise, it will not.”
There. problem of 1 sec immobs overwriting 5 sec ones gone.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Buzzcrave.6197

When I saw that Immobilize stacked, I realized things were going to be bad. No matter how many condition removals I run, I can’t get rid of it in a zerg. I think it would be better reclassified into the stuns, dazes and knockdowns category.

Not having the power to cleanse your desired condition is frustrating as well. I do hope Anet will look on this matter, and not just making the class balancing only from sPvP perspective, but WvW as well. As it is right now, it is broken as kitten in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Immobilize is trolly, plain and simple. They should just remove it completely. I’d much rather duke it out with skill, precision, and timing, than troll a person with pseudo condition’s like this.

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize immobilize stacking was going to be extremely not fun.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

It isn’t fun even in PvE, there are some NPC’s that keep stacking that immobilize and ends up being extremely annoying -_-

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

Problem solved.

Withdraw “Roll backward while healing and evade attacks. Cures immobilized, chilled, and crippled.”

XD

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

How the heck is Immobilize not considered a control effect when Daze is?
They are like two sides of the same coin, and both equate to a stun.

in WvW

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

Immobilize stacking + zergs = ridiculous. The stacking is what needs to be removed. I personally think whatever immobilize you are hit with first is what you should have to deal with. Example being: if you’re hit with a 2 second immobilize, then someone hits you with a 5 and another hits with a 3, then you’d only deal with the 2 second immobilize. You’re already immobilized by a first come first serve basis, and immune to any other immobilizes tossed at you (aka no stacking and no overwriting to a higher or lower immobilize if someone else does one). Likewise, hit with a 5 first, then deal with the five.

This still allows for chaining immobilizes. And I think chaining immobilizes is more acceptable since it would require timing and coordination rather than just skill smashing.

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

warrior dogged march needs to be updated to reflect current meta especially if they nerf hammer. please dont jsut nerf warrior, we need updates on our condi reduction for immo, make it 50 percent please and buff melandru runes to bonus #6 (reduce stun. daze. AND immo by -15percent instead of just stun now) make the 6 bonus useful as they said, make runesets more useful

in WvW

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Yess kitenning joking kitteening crazy

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

immobilize is a cc condition. you can remove it.

can’t you just wait for the stack to build and then cleanse it in one shot using condition removal ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

its fine as it is leave it alone so much condi clearing already

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

They should let your turn while immobilized without having to rely on that clunky keybind.

Other than that, seems fine to me though any significant changes should be countered by removing/adjusting other classes’ abilities to get 98% duration reduction.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

This game is in desperate need of CC DR, no matter how you argue about stability. If it wants to be competitive, you can’t allow people to CC chain.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

They need to add DR to all CC, especially immobilize

No thanks. I’ve had some really long fights and have enjoyed them. DR will kill them totally.

I’ll only accept DR to CC if it also gets applied to damage. Just screw over everyone that way so we are all on even ground.

I will agree that immobolize is a bit annoying, but you do have options to deal with it as well as options to deal with other CC. If you are a class that doesn’t have stability or good condition cleansing, that is just part of your class. I don’t have access to a lot of other neat stuff that other classes have but I’m not complaining about it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Buzzcrave.6197

can’t you just wait for the stack to build and then cleanse it in one shot using condition removal ?

In a zerg fight, especially when you’re condi bombed by necros, it seems like immobilized is the last condition to be cleansed.

Immobilized shouldn’t be able to be stacked, it should be FCFS, you only need to deal with the first immobilized while negate the others that are used on you when the first one is still active. You can still chain immobilized by timing your skill(more skill required) so a group can chain immobilized a person, instead of right now you can spam it like a kittening noob and it’ll work even better with no skill required(Anet love to caters to their casual players).

What if the person have dogged march+melandru+lemongrass thus making immobilized to be useless? What I’ve stated on my OP will negate those combination by making immobilized to be unaffected by these -condition duration so you won’t get an immobilized skill that only lasted 0.5 sec.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

But that would hurt warriors – the only real class everybody should play all the time!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

In a zerg fight, especially when you’re condi bombed by necros, it seems like immobilized is the last condition to be cleansed.

Immobilized shouldn’t be able to be stacked, it should be FCFS, you only need to deal with the first immobilized while negate the others that are used on you when the first one is still active. You can still chain immobilized by timing your skill(more skill required) so a group can chain immobilized a person, instead of right now you can spam it like a kittening noob and it’ll work even better with no skill required(Anet love to caters to their casual players).

What if the person have dogged march+melandru+lemongrass thus making immobilized to be useless? What I’ve stated on my OP will negate those combination by making immobilized to be unaffected by these -condition duration so you won’t get an immobilized skill that only lasted 0.5 sec.

I ran into a 5 man with 2 thieves, mes necro and war, all specced up to chain immob, i was on a my support guard with 3 double condi removes and a triple condi remove, sigil of purity…. just try and guess how effin far I ran.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I ran into a 5 man with 2 thieves, mes necro and war, all specced up to chain immob, i was on a my support guard with 3 double condi removes and a triple condi remove, sigil of purity…. just try and guess how effin far I ran.

You lost a 1v5?!

Buff guardians already!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

o.O immobilize and daze are opposites

Immobilize – can’t move, can use skills.
Daze – can move, can’t use skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

o.O immobilize and daze are opposites

can’t move, can use skills.
———— STUN————
can move, can’t use skills.

do you see how it is the same coin but different side now? :P

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

(edited by Maelwaedd.5842)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Immobilize and Fear are much more powerful CC’s than Daze.

When Dazed you can still move and dodge, whereas when Immobilized or Feared you can do neither.

Fear, while being labeled a condition, is treated like a CC, as it should be, in that it’s breakable using a Stun breaker and not stackable (duration refreshes instead of stacking).

Immobilize needs to be treated the same way.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in WvW

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

We need diminishing return for all kind of ccs in a zerg fight. It’s not spvp or 1v1, so over-spamming of ccs by massive amount of enemies just breaks fight dynamics/mechanics of the game. Because your counter abilities don’t get improved with scale of combat to compensate such spamming.

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

its great becouse since day 1 there is the same bug that u remove the inmobilize and u still not being able to move unless u /sit

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You lost a 1v5?!

Buff guardians already!

He lost because he was immobilized. Reading comprehension.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Immobilize and Fear are much more powerful CC’s than Daze.

When Dazed you can still move and dodge, whereas when Immobilized or Feared you can do neither.

Fear, while being labeled a condition, is treated like a CC, as it should be, in that it’s breakable using a Stun breaker and not stackable (duration refreshes instead of stacking).

Immobilize needs to be treated the same way.

Yeah, not to mention that Fear can be followed up with Stun/Dazed as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

The worst part about them making immobilize stack is it’s been broken since they’ve implemented it…

Not sure what needs to happen but more times than I can count I’ve been immobilized with stacks, cleared, had no conditions or effects on me, and the been stuck in place unable to dodge or attack or move. Thus becoming a free bag.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, CC spam in this game is reaching a breaking point.

It was fine 9 months ago when most builds were focused on either dealing lots of DPS or being unkillable. But this CC spam has got to stop.

I got feared 4 times in rapid succession while fighting a Necro on point. 4 times….wtf?

Warriors being able to AoE stun every few seconds is equally broken.

This game and its mechanics simply weren’t designed with this sort of abundant CC in mind. They need to nerf the amount of CC…especially AoE CC…or introduce a new anti-CC mechanic.

Crowed Control was something GW2 handled a lot better compared to most MMOs previously. But while they’re still fairly short, the amount of them…and that so many are AoE, is really hurting the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Yeah, CC spam in this game is reaching a breaking point.

It was fine 9 months ago when most builds were focused on either dealing lots of DPS or being unkillable. But this CC spam has got to stop.

I got feared 4 times in rapid succession while fighting a Necro on point. 4 times….wtf?

Warriors being able to AoE stun every few seconds is equally broken.

This game and its mechanics simply weren’t designed with this sort of abundant CC in mind. They need to nerf the amount of CC…especially AoE CC…or introduce a new anti-CC mechanic.

Crowed Control was something GW2 handled a lot better compared to most MMOs previously. But while they’re still fairly short, the amount of them…and that so many are AoE, is really hurting the game.

I agree with you. For me, only solution for cc abuse/spam can be diminishing return system. Buffing counter abilities slightly won’t work for massive scale fights.