Making Videos in WvW

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Any hints on programs here for filming and cutting/editing?

Fraps kills my PCs performance completely. Making me rubberband around.

Thank you very much in advance!

If wrong forum please leave it for a day here, as in linksville nobody writes anything :-/.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well ideally you want an expensive capture card, but you can go the free method of using MSI Afterburner (for capture) and Windows Movie Maker (for editing).

FRAPS has always sucked.

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

dxtory to record, spend 30mins playing with the settings, and you’ll never look back

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Anything below 100€ is an option, but I would prefer freeware as I dont see me anywere doing more than cutting scenes and laying musik over them.

Thank you so far, I will check those!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Dxtory. It has alot more options than fraps and it’s alot less heavy on the system. With it I manage to record gw2 footage using a dual core, completely impossible with fraps.

Raw captures are bigger tho (something like 70gbs for 15 mins), but it comes with its own conversion software, extremely simple to use (2 clicks and its done) so you can store the rawcaptures you wish to keep in a .avi file without wasting much hdd space.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Obrigado Maskaganda! I would like to overlook your tanky staffbuild too :P.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dxtory has a license cost though (free trial with kittenty options). Personally I’ve never even gotten it to record anything, but that’s just my experience.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Thanks for that input! So I will test bandicam, dxtory (free version) and MSI AB.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Thanks for that input! So I will test bandicam, dxtory (free version) and MSI AB.

There are ways of getting the non free version of dxtory.

Also. if you do decide to go with dxtory, i’d recommend watching this video when you set it up

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Well, I am not a pirate, I even buy all my music on Itunes, but I guess the license wont cost too much. I will check all options.

Thank you for the link, I really appreciate all the input here!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Making Videos in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Windows 7 has a free movie capture addon that you can download from MS. it’s called Microsoft Silverlight.

It works OK.