Manipulate the rankings, please.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I would like to see the top ranked servers in even matches manually moved up one week and odd top ranked servers the next. Even if it is a one time thing just to see if it shuffles the rankings a bit. Several tiers have become extremely stale and I think it would be a nice change of pace for several tiers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I guess you are newer to wvw? It has been done before in the previous wvw seasons. Moving a server up a tiers is like asking them not to play for a week. Even thought wvw is in a downstate coverage gaps still exist.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

How about four servers against jq or bg?

How about three servers allied, server names and populations intact, attacking two servers.

What hasn’t been done could freshen WvW but Anet is thinking, still, very one dimensionally.

Three was never a good match – two on one and game over for most – but there are ways to make it truly competitive if Anet would open their eyes and read many postings on this very subject since they screwed us all with megaserver Edge of the Mists and upgrades only larger guilds can perform.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea that the idea I think A-net trying to come up with, but whenever you mention Eotm style server group up it turns people off. Instead I think of it as a way to reduce the number of tiers in wvw. Your guild/server picks a color out of the 15 servers for the month and their should be a limit in the amount of guilds/players that a server can have linked to it. Either your guild is placed wih X new mega server or your server is placed with x mega server. Hopefully we will get more info on their plans tomorrow.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This is only a problem in NA, in EU we have different mu every week and there are no set top tier, like in NA were top 3 meet eachother every week, 4,5 and 6 every week and so on. I have an account in NA and i do find this extremely boring that the server order never switches except for the YB that broke through to tier 1.
My main acokitten in EU is more fun to play at since yeah we meet new servers each week, so the mu are not as stale as in NA.

How ever to be fair and coming from a person who don’t particularly care much about my account in NA more then that i play on it and ofc play for the server i am on, but what i wanted to say is that i feel the tier 1 are causing this issue by them self, since the handholding the last weeks are just flat out amazing.
I never seen such thing in EU and i played against all top server, and i seen some handholding every now and then, but what i see in NA tier 1 at this point it just makes me go “Wow did that really happen”. It is sad to watch it, but i don’t particularly care about it since it is not may mainaccount, BUT by doing this the tiers will never change so this is not that much of a a-net problem but more of a server issue that one of the top servers need to be handhold to stay on top, and even more so that the other server actually holding their hand even though they don’t have too, since they can stand on their own. So if you guys in NA wants changes then make it the EU way and let the servers carry them self and then you will see changes in each tier.

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

I guess you are newer to wvw? It has been done before in the previous wvw seasons. Moving a server up a tiers is like asking them not to play for a week. Even thought wvw is in a downstate coverage gaps still exist.

Check out Kaineng server for instance this week. http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups Yes, they are having the same sort of issue, they got put in a matchup that they can’t handle. So yeah, they basically took the week off.

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

Check out Kaineng server for instance this week. http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups Yes, they are having the same sort of issue, they got put in a matchup that they can’t handle. So yeah, they basically took the week off.

Using Kaineng is a bad example. They are pretty low population serve who got moved up a tier out of pure randomness. Going against a server with a tier 3 population and a tier 2 NA population that has decided that they want to manipulate the scoring system because they are too lazy to get better.

The scoring system, much like everything else anet does is much too complicated. This is a perfect example of just because you are capable of doing something it does t mean you should do something. A simple ladder system of the winner each week moves up a tier and the lose moves down a tier would work sooooo much better for this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I am aware of previous tier shifts but today’s WvW is not yesterday’s WvW. We have no idea how strong T1 or T2 is any more. For example, Glicko has stuck TC in T2 with little hope of them ever moving up.

Besides a change like this would only take a couple weeks to find out. If the tiers are properly sorted everything will go back to normal. If they aren’t, the matchups in each tier could improve.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”