Manual BS Glicko adjustment

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Thanks. Good Job. Way to go. Very good. Impressive. Makes total sense. Just like Opening BG. Perfect. Good job. Make WvW great again.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Thanks. Good Job. Way to go. Very good. Impressive. Makes total sense. Just like Opening BG. Perfect. Good job. Make WvW great again.

^

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Change the implementation of the algorithm. Manual adjustments mean the implementation is broken.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Sophie.6098

Sophie.6098

^^ What he said

Co-Lead[DKLT] The Darkness And The Light

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Change the implementation of the algorithm. Manual adjustments mean the implementation is broken.

that is the best solution, but when it is broken a 1 or 2 week adjustment to realign is better than the cd fiasco of linking 2 that made people just leave…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

+1 for mal for president

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

that is the best solution, but when it is broken a 1 or 2 week adjustment to realign is better than the cd fiasco of linking 2 that made people just leave…

I agree and I think we’re going to see a lot more of this since we voted for scoring improvements to be priority over match-making (to be fair, 1U1D was the proposal rather than glicko implementation changes).

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

QuickRain.4735

scoring improvements is such a waste of a time, scoring means nothing to begin with

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Scoring improvements included loot improvements – which will be more useful than matchup changes that make no positive difference to the player experience

in WvW

QuickRain.4735

Scoring improvements included loot improvements – which will be more useful than matchup changes that make no positive difference to the player experience

unless I’m getting a legendary or ascended armor woopie kitten do, the loot changes are prob more blue or green who cares makes little to no difference, unless this loot it real loot, Beside I don’t like either option Anet still takes 6 years to do anything for WvW, and the changes they actually add make little to no difference expect causes more bugs

fix lag and some skill balance and wvw would be taking a bigger step in the right direction, other then these 2 pointless things

(edited by QuickRain.4735)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

unless I’m getting a legendary or ascended armor woopie kitten do, the loot changes are prob more blue or green who cares makes little to no difference, unless this loot it real loot, Beside I don’t like either option Anet still takes 6 years to do anything for WvW, and the changes they actually add make little to no difference expect causes more bugs

fix lag and some skill balance and wvw would be taking a bigger step in the right direction, other then these 2 pointless things

Maybe transfer to BG or JQ? They seem to put in special requests on the forums and get special treatment from anet lol

in WvW

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

Yes, was good adjustment. Reset vs GH and SFR as Gandara resulted into playing fractals as MU ded. Thanks Anet.

in WvW

QuickRain.4735

your right! I should join the bandwagon for easy wins! get me all those loots! and maybe they’ll listen. WAIT I should mention how ill need to buy gems for xfer can you open bg again pls

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

“JQ has enough gold to buy your entire alliance, (because we use illegal means of obtaining gold)”
“We need to super stack JQ to compete against BG”
“Just take all of TC with you to JQ”
“Lets stack JQ”
“lets give JQ 24/7 coverage like BG”

Arena Net Seriously. As a guild leader and a major part of the Guild Wars 2 community. You tell me what to do. Is it your objective to have everyone compete at the level of BG? Because every single action you’ve taken is starting to point to that direction. However, your New Worlds post is the complete opposite. Stacking to compete with BG means the demise of other communities. It means the imbalance of multiple worlds and a stagnant Tiers.

Moving on, This week and the stability of the servers now greatly resides on where we are placed during reset. This week has a high probability of starting a wave of transfers.

If its your plan to give BG competition by allowing the stacking of another server then you let me know. Ill be sure to tell my entire alliance to get this under way.

I would really love to hear your reason for these adjustments. Hell maybe we should stack MAG. IDK whats up? you tell me?

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I don’t understand your post, you complain about JQ being too stacked but are also complaining about a glicko adjustment that gives them a better chance to NOT be matched against you?

Do you, or do you not want to be matched with JQ?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Its friday, they already left the building, by the time they get the message will be Monday. Late responses and weak excuses will follow, with a poll on what rewards people will get for skirmishes.

RIP

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

ArenaNet you’ve sent our communities into mass chaos. We seriously had a multiple server leader meeting to talk about what we can actually do. Multi Server. BG, JQ, TC, FA, MAG leaders all gathered to talk about what’s going on and what we can do to prevent the suffering of our communities. Yet we are powerless, the only one who can correctly solve these issues is you (Arena Net) however right now you’ve been enabling imbalance and enticing us with it.

Regardless, in that meeting we decided to make a petition for Arena Net to listen to our community leaders. We will add onto the pool of community leaders as we progress through this but you(Arena Net) must listen to what we have to say and what’s going on. No cloudiness just the voices of our respective community leaders.

I need some contacts from GW2 community. We need some SBI, NSP, YB , etc community leaders to get in on this.

At this point we are begging for transparency. We are begging to be heard and we want stability.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

I would really love to hear your reason for these adjustments. Hell maybe we should stack MAG. IDK whats up? you tell me?

They said to join The Best Guild On TC [Kazo]. You can trust my sources, they were certified by an eye doctor that specializes in contact lenses.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I don’t understand your post, you complain about JQ being too stacked but are also complaining about a glicko adjustment that gives them a better chance to NOT be matched against you?

Im not complaining about JQ being too stacked they are not too stacked currently for the fights at hand. I want them to allow for the communities to be healthy and not eat each other. I don’t want my community to be eaten by yours nor do I want mine to eat yours. The glicko adjustment realistically forced what was already turning into the stacking of a monster server due the the nature of the current mechanics in the game and the opening of Blackgate.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

X T D.6458

ArenaNet you’ve sent our communities into mass chaos. We seriously had a multiple server leader meeting to talk about what we can actually do. Multi Server. BG, JQ, TC, FA, MAG leaders all gathered to talk about what’s going on and what we can do to prevent the suffering of our communities. Yet we are powerless, the only one who can correctly solve these issues is you (Arena Net) however right now you’ve been enabling imbalance and enticing us with it.

Regardless, in that meeting we decided to make a petition for Arena Net to listen to our community leaders. We will add onto the pool of community leaders as we progress through this but you(Arena Net) must listen to what we have to say and what’s going on. No cloudiness just the voices of our respective community leaders.

I need some contacts from GW2 community. We need some SBI, NSP, YB , etc community leaders to get in on this.

At this point we are begging for transparency. We are begging to be heard and we want stability.

Maybe you should change your first post and thread title to….

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

So a 1 up 1 down system?

in WvW

X T D.6458

Im not complaining about JQ being too stacked they are not too stacked currently for the fights at hand. I want them to allow for the communities to be healthy and not eat each other. I don’t want my community to be eaten by yours nor do I want mine to eat yours. The glicko adjustment realistically forced what was already turning into the stacking of a monster server due the the nature of the current mechanics in the game and the opening of Blackgate.

The glicko adjustments are nothing new, and seem like an attempt to adjust for matchup imbalance, also it doesnt guarantee a matchup, it only increases the chances. Don’t you think that FA or MAG would be a better matchup for TC rather then JQ? In terms of population and coverage, this is not about personal preference.

I dont want servers to be destroyed either, but it also falls upon that server community to maintain its servers competitiveness.

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

No, this thread isn’t about the petition. I will not be at the forefront of that. That will be a community wide movement to come and it wasn’t started by me. I was just one of the community leaders who was apart of it. We want to add more it was the first meeting the the guy who started it came from MAG. It went very well and once the time comes there will be a better post talking about it. This post right here is a rant legit because i’m really lost. I’m prepared to bust my kitten for communities in this game and Arena Nets “New World” post and their adjustments has triggered me. So sorry for ranting.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

X T D.6458

No, this thread isn’t about the petition. I will not be at the forefront of that. That will be a community wide movement to come and it wasn’t started by me. I was just one of the community leaders who was apart of it. We want to add more it was the first meeting the the guy who started it came from MAG. It went very well and once the time comes there will be a better post talking about it. This post right here is a rant legit because i’m really lost. I’m prepared to bust my kitten for communities in this game and Arena Nets “New World” post and their adjustments has triggered me. So sorry for ranting.

I don’t mind the ranting, 90% of the posts on here are angry rants. I only meant that if you want this to be taken more seriously, don’t make it look like a sarcastic angry venting. Present a clear valid suggestion and offer to discuss it.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Well I suppose if you want to be “heard by ANET” you would have to affect their metrics.

So maybe magically compel every WvWer to not play a week. Or sit in the raid lobby spamming in say chat, “Listen to Us [WvW]!” until massive amounts of people are reported….yay inciting protests?

Pretty sure I will get blerped for the suggestion!

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

The glicko adjustments are nothing new, and seem like an attempt to adjust for matchup imbalance, also it doesnt guarantee a matchup, it only increases the chances. Don’t you think that FA or MAG would be a better matchup for TC rather then JQ? In terms of population and coverage, this is not about personal preference.

I dont want servers to be destroyed either, but it also falls upon that server community to maintain its servers competitiveness.

You miss what I’m saying. Overall there is great pressure to stack to compete against BG. The Adjustment +100 to JQ glicko means JQ got adjusted 100 points to their rating which would mean by predictions JQ will gain over 150 glicko sending them to rank 2? Tier 1. After losing 3 to 4 guilds roughly 400 players. JQ and Tkittenerally have been in an arms race. Being serious here reset match up this week can and probably will determine the next wave of transfers.

Remember we still have over 1.5 months to the next revaluation what type of imbalance can we create in the mean time do to whats happening. My talks here are from a leader perspective knowing all that I know and all the meetings that have taken place as a leader you can clearly see the chain thats about to start.

Furthermore, adjust JQ but for what reason? I seriously am curious. Considering this week is the first week in which JQ literally Beat TC by great odds. In fact the previous weeks TC has beaten JQ by great odds. So what changed? Welp. I know JQ just lost roughly 300 to 400 players which actually made them open up. So how does this equate to an adjustment.

Maybe its due to MAG but then again they would have adjusted MAG down if thats the case. Regardless adjustments it taking it out of the players hands greatly and will cause a collapse where otherwise JQ’s glicko seem to be fine in fact they still had a chance to rise in the first place.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I don’t mind the ranting, 90% of the posts on here are angry rants. I only meant that if you want this to be taken more seriously, don’t make it look like a sarcastic angry venting. Present a clear valid suggestion and offer to discuss it.

I feel like ive tried that. But you are right. No gonna lie Im not one to angry rant like this but seriously I’m really lost. I want to do whats right and ArenaNet is really smoke and mirrors.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I feel like Arena Net just reacts without understanding. So yeah You are right. If we did something like this or we super stacked a server then Arena Net would indeed react. yet our communities always have great foresight on whats to happen.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

To even come close to balance you need to first know the average player-hours per timezone for each server.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Why is DB getting adjusted when they are about to lose to HOD this week, doesn’t make any sense.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

To even come close to balance you need to first know the average player-hours per timezone for each server.

It does not stop people from trying.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Or not even have 24 hour game modes that create coverage wars, and player burn out anyway.

:D

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Why was fsp glickoed down and AG not glickoed up?
Just makes no sense again

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Let’s change WvW into a Super Fight & Party game mode…totally joking...not to be taken seriously.

We should just throw out Scoring & Rank mechanics…why bother with all these complex mechanics & adjustments…when the bottom line isn’t the bottom line anymore.

We should just focus on having great fights & getting crazily sprayed with rewards!

Ok everybody let’s Disco like no tomorrow!

All kidding aside…I do commend ANet for being transparent.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Seriously why are they adjusting glicko on servers that don’t need it? They did it for a couple extreme cases, fine, but if you’re going to do it every week then dump the stupid glicko system and start doing manual matchups. What a god kitten joke this game has turned into.

P.S If you want to keep BG stacked you might as well drop a tier, merge servers so they have a chance to get their population levels up and compete as one server instead of 3 links.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Split Blackgate server and let the players transfer for free. Set a cap from about 50 players that may transfer to a single server. First come, first serve.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

This is a pay to win ,or pay to play to a better server ,Anet need a profit from us players ,so dont complain ,keep that money handy choose a server that will make you happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Is it your objective to have everyone compete at the level of BG? Because every single action you’ve taken is starting to point to that direction.

Yes, I think that’s exactly their plan. The original concept was for huge army-vs-army scale battles involving the taking and holding of structures by use of siege engines. Like much of the original design brief for GW2 it didn’t survive contact with the enemy playerbase.

Over the life of the game so far ANet allowed their original vision to drift until we hit the nadir of Heart of Thorns, after which there was a soft reset back to the original values. Since the change of leadership that brought, there has been a series of revisions in all modes of the game that seem to be aiming to steer the ship back to the original course. The current round of changes to WvW are part and parcel of that revisionist stance.

Personally I don’t see how it will be possible to revive the original conception of WvW which was all but destroyed by the dual assault of the PvE Megaserver system and unlimited server transfers, which all but destroyed the concept of “Worlds” as originally conceived, but that seems to be what they are trying to achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

<Looks at T1 scores since reset> yes that JQ is really stacked isn’kitten I actually seriously believe anet thought JQ would compete with BG which just shows how out of touch they are.
Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“JQ has enough gold to buy your entire alliance, (because we use illegal means of obtaining gold)”

I hope you’re only joking with this because why would you say something like that?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

This is really becoming unbearable. Our new matchup involves 7 servers in total, 5 of which got boosted by this manual adjustment, yet all our commanders tagged down after two hours of reset because there was literally nothing to fight! I mean read that statement one more time, and then tell me, ArenaNet, that there is any sense or plan in what you are doing besides ruining this game for everyone! At this point what are we even playing for? The rankings are meaningless, the links are a joke, the matchups are horrible… just… stop… this… MADNESS!

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I hope you’re only joking with this because why would you say something like that?

Im not joking around. kitten has been said to me.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Meanwhile:

http://prntscr.com/d6bof3
http://prntscr.com/d6bp6s

Now, I ask again how the hell did Arena Net adjust JQ. After losing multiple weeks in T2, losing roughly 300 to 400 players… Just for winning 1 week?

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Anet believe JQ is competitive in T1 but in reality it isn’t. JQ is too casual thus the inconsistent for T1. It can also be that anet believe some absurd advise from some foolish JQers that JQ should go T1.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

shagwell.1349

Which JQ wanted them to be T1 or thought they should go there? I always hear that from TC or Mag, but never from native JQ’ers

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

<Looks at T1 scores since reset> yes that JQ is really stacked isn’kitten I actually seriously believe anet thought JQ would compete with BG which just shows how out of touch they are.

Their current metrics apparently says JQ is bigger than BG.

Not sure where anet as a whole is getting their metrics from anymore though – it doesn’t seem to be the game.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

shagwell.1349

Meanwhile:

You are as guilty as Anet. There was a good tier 1 balance until you and your friends started recruiting players for your stupid YB project. You destroyed the communities on BG, TC and JQ and took players from all three servers to get YB into tier 1.
After that project failed you started the same stupid thing on TC while your YB creation destroyed not only tier 1 but tier 2.
And now you are the one complaining about Anet messing with glicko?

Double standards.

in WvW

shagwell.1349

#thruth
but I don’t think you’ll understand it.

in WvW

MaLeVoLenT.8129

#thruth
but I don’t think you’ll understand it.

No I understand it better than you do. There is a problem mechanically with the game and only Arena Net can solve it. My actions in the past causing damage are due to the very same problem that still happens today.
You are just to blind and bent on hatred to understand that we need to come together and get ArenaNet to change this.

Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

shagwell.1349

They won’t. They don’t care for wvw. They care for the money you and your transfering friends force down their throat.