Massive FPS drop in WvW

Massive FPS drop in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

Hi there,

I’ve posted this in tech support but got no replies.. Might as well try here too.

I know there are a lot of complaints about major skill lag in zergs etc in WvW, but what I’m getting is just massive FPS drops for 15-30 seconds every 15 minutes or so. Are the two connected? I doubt it though because I don’t have skill lag even when these random spikes occur. I also roam mainly, so it can’t really be zergs.. Unless there’s always one near me that I’m just missing :p

I doubt it would be my PC though, I’ve tried running on “best performance” settings too, similar results. I also run an AMD Phenom 2 quad core 3.1GHz with an ATI Radeon 6800 series.. Not the best but it is more than capable of dealing with GW2

Any Ideas?

Regards :>

Qronuz – Ranger

Massive FPS drop in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Varu.1063

Varu.1063

I usually get that whenever I get to close to blobs, so I use it as early warning when scouting.

Exalted [CoAW]
SFR

Massive FPS drop in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dese.1382

Dese.1382

Turn the sound quality way down, even if your sound is off.

Massive FPS drop in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

Ignore the “Go back to PvE”. <—- Reply to a now-deleted post, it seems.

Anyway…
Welcome to WvW I hope you enjoy it! (Even with low frame rates sometimes).

As to why it happens, I’ve seen some very technical discussions on this forum between players and sometimes players + Devs about why and when and where this occurs. The upshot seems to be…they aren’t sure. Devs are working on it (go check out some old tech support pages) but they haven’t nailed down a reason so far. PvE or WvW, FPS drops just seem to rear up out of ‘nowhere’.
I have hope that eventually they’ll work it out and til then we just all deal with it as best we can.

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend

(edited by Carize.8532)