Massive Rubberbanding in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

Has anybody else experienced increased rubberbanding since the new patch? Does it have anything to do with the skill lag fixes?
It has been the worst I have experienced to date.

My character and raid group are teleporting all over the place, I hit some enemies, appear in the new spot and I’m back at my spot 10 sec ago the next moment. This goes on over and over, getting stuck at portals, teleporting back and forth on the spot. I am even unable to teleport back to spawn for a good 30 sec or more.

WvW is absolutely unplayable with all this rubberbanding.

Would really appreciate if there was some official comment on what is happening? Is it due to fixes? Changes or upgrades to servers? And the skill lag is still present

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I just noticed some this morning. I was trying to kill a Supply Dolyak and I was right next to hit and I kept getting the message “out of range”. I ran down the road some, rubberbanding along the way, and when I was way in front of it, I could hit it.

I was experiencing it from that point on until I logged out to go to work. I figured it was me and I would just reset my modem and router when I got home tonight and see if it fixes it.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Right after updates things tend to be a bit unstable it takes a few days for it to get back to the norm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Have they fixed the fall rubberbanding at least?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Still seeing players doing the yoyo bounce when jumping off hills buildings etc… so no it hasn’t been fixed.

The worst part is when players try to use movement skills and get yoyo’d back into zerg aoe.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve had the jumping loo kitten ue too many times to count. The best one to date was running up the ramp to the 3rd floor in SM after a fight. All of a sudden I just dropped dead 3/4 of the way up the ramp. A few players tried rezzing and the next thing I know I’m instantly dead on the ground by the inner gate.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: noxx.1706

noxx.1706

Literally had to just close my client and give up- everyone in WvW was commenting on how unplayable it is right now between the rubber banding and ability lag >.<

in WvW

Posted by: Lance.5892

Lance.5892

The weirdest thing for me, is that for the past two nights, it’s massive rubber banding in one map only. Always Augury Rock Borderlands, and the rest of my guild has absolutely no issues. Every other WvW map, pve, heart of the mists was 100% fine with little to no lag. However on AR bl, I was lagging so hard, things guildies were calling out happening would happen 1-3 minutes after on my screen, followed by insane rubber banding on my end as the game attempted to sync.

This is before and after reset. We were blue yesterday and red today, but the only map I has issues in the entire game was Augury Rock bl.

[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

On JQ. impossible to play. Around overlook (we’re red) it seemed ok, possibly due to the fact JQ population on EB isn’t at the max. Anywhere from Mendons-Ogrewatch southward I can’t do kitten. Varies between mini lag and massive delay (sometimes over 1s), can’t finish combo or dodge AoE.

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Rubberbanding and getting kickdd to character select at reset not sure what’s up it made wvw unplayable

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Since the big patch 30th of last month myself and a lot of guildies have been rubberbanding like kitten, frequent DC’s, massive skill lag and being unable to connect to WvW have been an issue too.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Hmm. I suspect this is a server load related issue. Our side is usually outmanned, so that means we don’t have that many players. Rubberbanding seeems to occur only when there are really huge fights on the map.

Since the 14th May patch I have actually encountered a bit less lag in big fights. This is in fact a huge plus to me! Finally I can use most of my skills in a big fight! Many big guilds left SFR and Desolation citing the huge skill lag as one of the issues. Now if Anet can still reduce the skill lag a bit more, I think it will be fine, except for those huge EB Stonemist castle battles, which have always had crazy lag.

The 30th April patch brought in couple of bugs though:
- jumping off the cliff often leads to repeated animation (your character lands down, doesn’t take any damage, but if you move even tiny bit, the same falling animation is displayed again and sometimes again)
- enemies especially dolyaks rendered at wrong location, leading to missed shots despite they are literally next to you

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

frostshade.3617

The thing is last week in larger fights then this week I had no problems this week rubberbanding out the kitten and randomly getting kicked to toon select screen

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Made it from bay North west outer to Veteran worm before I got ported right back to the gate. Anyone beat my distance?

in WvW

frostshade.3617

went from la to blue garrison before getting port back to la does that count

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: aelflune.8590

aelflune.8590

Anet’s lack of comment on this issue is really disappointing. Losing more and more faith.

in WvW

Posted by: Victor.7354

Victor.7354

I had did a complete reset on my router a week ago and it solved all the immediate issues I had. The rubberbanding is much more common on reset nights from what I can tell.

Ex-Strike Force [SF] – Jade Quarry
Im Not A Commander – 80 Guardian
Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsOnlyVic