Massive Skillag makes WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Krumbotor.9064

Krumbotor.9064

Hi Everyone,

I think I am not the only one, that has been experiencing frustrating skillag. Here is information we could collect in the forums and in Ts on my server so far:

1. Skilllags or even total denial of skill-usage make big WvW zerg-fights unplayable
  2. The issue frustrates many players out of WvW
  3. It is a server issue and has nothing to do with bad internet connection or graphics
  4. The skilllags got very heavy in the recent future
  5. The issue also affects lower tier servers with relatively small zergs
    #The Zerg is part of WvW. If you design a gamemode and allow so many players on one map, your servers should be ready to take the load
  6. Some people even get DC’s along with skillags
  7. Anet does not seem to put as much effort in WvW as they do in other content
  8. Anet needs to fix this and we need an official response, whether this problem is being worked on or has at least been acknowledged
“But unfortunately this is the real world, not some fantasy land” Winni Asuran Offspring

(edited by Krumbotor.9064)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL, no lag problems in ESO? You didn’t play beta, did you?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Krumbotor.9064

I’ll cut this point out of the list, if it is not true for everyone.

“But unfortunately this is the real world, not some fantasy land” Winni Asuran Offspring

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There was an issue for some in 1 of the beta weekends. It was fixed for the next weekend.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The worst thing I find about the current skill lag is it makes cleansing conditions next to impossible. Too often tonight I run into the battle then get a variety of conditions on me but unable to remove them because nobody seemingly can use their skills.

Maybe conditions do play a roll and are OP after all in a zerg. Get the zerg big enough and your conditions are basically un-removable.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

LOL. Lag was essentially nonexistent for several beta weekends, then got bad for one weekend (and only for certain situations), then got fixed entirely the next. Zenimax obviously tried something that didn’t work so well and then promptly reversed or fixed it. ESO has been handling massive AvA battles with virtually zero ability lag or rendering issues. There may be valid concerns about some aspects of ESO, but the ability for the game to handle lots of players as it was designed is not one of them. You can’t say that about GW2.

Try to keep up, OK?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No, not really. My PvP group had lag in the last beta.

Try not to be a mansplainer, ok?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: TerrorFee.9012

TerrorFee.9012

Krumbotors trait is about GW2 and not ESO!

in WvW

Krumbotor.9064

Krumbotors trait is about GW2 and not ESO!

Yes. Please lets just focus on the issue and forget about possible alternatives to WvW. Yesterday evening I was playing. We had to defend the Garrison on our homelands and both enemy zergs were inside. I ragequit after 10 minutes, due to impossible skillag.
But before that I noticed something about conditions: They seem to last unusually long, if you have skillag. For example I got crippled for about 30 seconds. The thin white line around the condition symbol which indicates the remaining duration was gone after 5s or so but the condition symbol stayed there as did the effect. I don’t think there is any skill that can cripple you for 30s.
Anyone has an idea when all this started? I think it must have been 2 or 3 weeks ago.

in WvW

Posted by: sdasilva.7460

sdasilva.7460

I’ve noticed this as well, but mostly just within the last two weeks or so on Dragonbrand. Also one map in particular, Blue BL I think, has been particularly buggy. Lag even without any zergs nearby. It was so bad last week you would DC almost immediately upon entering the map. This week it is just virtually unplayable from the lag.

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

The problem with conditions not going away when skillag comes in has been a known problem since launch unfortunately. So good luck surviving if you get some stacks of bleeding and poison on you, unless you are a healing signet warrior ofc…..

Skillag is also something that wont be fixed in gw2 to due to Anet have said before they dont have the foundings to buy/upgrade their servers.

Also you will get skillag even if you arn’t in the fight itself, it dosn’t even have to be skillag as of zoneblobvszoneblobvszoneblob, it’s enough with 20v20 fighting in 3-4 places on the map, so just keeping a certain amount of players in combat makes skillag….

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Krumbotor.9064

Skillag is also something that wont be fixed in gw2 to due to Anet have said before they dont have the foundings to buy/upgrade their servers.

If that is true and there has been made such a statement, which I can’t believe (you maybe got a link or something? Are you 100% sure?), some question emerge:

1. I’m not very into how financing in gaming industry works but I think money comes from NCSoft which made decent profit in 2013, so I don’t understand why there should be no additional funds for servers. (check their homepage for the earnings report)
  2. If it is only a problem of server capacity I don’t understand why only skills and conditions are affected by lag while all other aspects are unaffected. So maybe it is not server capacity per se but some kind of not effectively using or shifting this capacity
  3. Skillags were a big problem while fighting worldbosses a year ago. I haven’t had such problems with worldbosses in the recent time, not even in the battle for Lions Arch where loads of players swarmed the Assault knight, before they introduced the Buff counter(only 50 players per knight) So this means those lags are fixable.
  4. The problems have gotten worse in the recent past so this would mean server capacities have been cut down very recently, if it is really a capacity problem. But what should be the reason for it?
  5. Those skillags are a real financial risk since there are a lot of players who only play WvW and those might get so frustrated they quit Gw2. So you only would save money on short terms, but on the middle term you might even loose more money.

Players, including me, are helpless and confused regarding this issue and this means a lot of speculation about the reasons of skillag. I don’t think that helps in any way. My questions and conclusion of this post are also highly speculative.
We really need an official statement on this issue.

(edited by Krumbotor.9064)