Massive transfer are a good thing

in WvW

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

Nightcapping isn’t, but transfers themselves are.

WvW is splitting servers into PvE and WvW servers. This is a good thing. “Balanced” population across all servers is just horrible.

I am here right now standing in one of the Piken Square borderlands and there are more people (enemy players) doing jumping puzzle than fighting outside. I even saw a train of a dozen of them.

Why exactly would anyone slightly interested in WvW want to be on a server where players prefer to jump from one rock to the other instead of actually fighting? These players should massively abandon PvE servers and focus on few worthwhile WvW servers. That’s it. More fun for everyone.

Don’t complain guilds and players are leaving your server for WvW one. If you’re a PvE player you shouldn’t care, and if you’re a WvW player you should join the train, not preach to others how they should jump puzzles in borderlands instead of fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I will try to re-read your post later.

Because right now, it doesn’t make any sense

I don’t see the relation between PVE and puzzle jumper and mass transfer?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

The relation is: WvWers don’t want to play on PvE servers because it’s bad for winning and also WvW population that actually fights.

If you were interested in WvW, which server would you pick:

1. Server where 20 people jump puzzles and 20 fight
2. Server where 40 people fight

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

considering that the biggest advantage of those particular jump puzzles in WvW is more equipment for WvW (siege, badges) most people who do participate in the fighting do those puzzles.

If that’s your only reason for it, against the fact that it brutalizes the ranking system creating weeks of unfair, boring and utterly pointless matches, destroys any kind of server community building except from a select few, when the majority can just leave at will as soon as they have a bad week, and allows people to switch mid-week and ruin close matches between other servers, then i would gladly disagree with you.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

He thinks it is good until he gets to a week were it is his “PvP Server” against 2 “PvE Servers” and then he has 0 to fight instead of 20.

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

considering that the biggest advantage of those particular jump puzzles in WvW is more equipment for WvW (siege, badges) most people who do participate in the fighting do those puzzles.

If that’s your only reason for it, against the fact that it brutalizes the ranking system creating weeks of unfair, boring and utterly pointless matches, destroys any kind of server community building except from a select few, when the majority can just leave at will as soon as they have a bad week, and allows people to switch mid-week and ruin close matches between other servers, then i would gladly disagree with you.

+1, and then some!

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

I agree (sort of, but not really).

I would say that Arenanet needs to designate at least three PvE servers, but then I could also argue that GUILD WARS 2 is a game about WAR between servers, and therefore, PvE servers would defeat the purpose that the game is trying to serve.

I’m sure it’s been done already, but if not, there needs to be some kind of overview of each server, explaining whether the server is focused on winning at all costs, sportsmanlike competition, or PvE. Once transfers are limited, this will be more accurate.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I disagree as well
Here’s a scenario for you let say in your matchup one of the server you are against just got 5 large guilds and you get completely blown out. The following week the same thing happens in your next match up and again you get completely destroyed and spawn camped.
Yes its happened to servers and yes that server it happened to now is like a ghost town.
Transfers allow this to happen and it can happen to any server any week at any tier and it is just not acceptable
I am starting to see you effect though really on NA servers seems to be a cluster of transfer to servers and the other server are dying one by one. I for one do not think this makes it good but if your envisionment comes to full fruition it will be better for the game as a whole but all the garbage alot of servers are going through aren’t really worth it tbh
secondly having a jumping puzzle in WvW is the poorest game design imaginable. What they should do to quell this is that when they zone into the jumping puzzle itself, they cease to be a part of the allowed number in the bg and when they zone out they zone out to Lion’s Arch

in WvW

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

Wait, are you complaining about Piken players doing the jumping puzzle, or RoF and Drakkar Lake players doing it? I can’t tell which side you’re making this comment from.

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jarl.8607

Jarl.8607

What if you are not strictly a wvw or pve player?

Engineer – lvl 80 – Tarnished Coast