Mastery = priority

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

I’ve seen many complaints in chat and on the forums about players without mastery using/not leaving siege when players with mastery are waiting in the wings. My solution would be a priority system, much like an owner taking control of siege.

Players that have invested in siege mastery would be able to take control of their mastered siege weapon from a player with a lower mastery level or none at all. The priority system would be like this;

Owner > Mastery level > No mastery

The person that invested in and dropped the siege weapon would, of course, be highest priority and they should know better than to drop/take control of siege they don’t have mastery in. But if a Level 4 Ram master clicks use on a ram currently manned by a Level 2, the level 4 would assume control and a message stating the ram “was taken control by a player with a higher mastery level.” Two level 4s would be on a first come, first serve basis.

This would allow players that have spent the points to utilize the enhancements. Newer players could choose to place their points in masteries if they really wanted to and the good of the group is upheld by keeping the best person for the job in place.

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I don’t think its necessary. I most cases the commander is the one throwing down siege and can kick players from said siege. If its so imperative that some one with mastery is on the siege then it should be a priority to the commander to manage that.

Another option is to have assigned people throw siege for you so they can claim them with the mastery.

I’m not going to say its a bad idea because I don’t really care either way but I don’t think its a needed change.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

We don’t need game mechanics for something communication can solve. These people need to up their communication game!

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Because, when you tell someone to do something, they always do it.

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Because, when you tell someone to do something, they always do it.

Because when you tell someone to do something, they should always do it.

Gate of Madness

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Yet, they don’t. It’s like I tell people: you gotta work with the zerg you got, not complain about what the zerg’s doing. If Anet gives people an incentive to do something (IE: jump on a ram to get an achievement) people will do that, and they won’t give a kitten about you asking them to get off it.

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Yet, they don’t. It’s like I tell people: you gotta work with the zerg you got, not complain about what the zerg’s doing. If Anet gives people an incentive to do something (IE: jump on a ram to get an achievement) people will do that, and they won’t give a kitten about you asking them to get off it.

I was bein sarcastic, heh. If you got people’s trust, they’ll do what you say. You gotta convince them you’re not just a random voice in the chat. If you’re new and on an especially stubborn server that can be difficult.

Gate of Madness

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

This is more of a new problem cause people want their Demo Expert achieve…will die back down when Season is over

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

This is more of a new problem cause people want their Demo Expert achieve…will die back down when Season is over

Totally correct. I stole rams with no mastery while I still needed my achievement and now that it’s done I don’t anymore. Wait for pvers to get the achievement and then they will stop

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

If time is of an essence I can see mastery is important. If no enemy is in sight on a lesser keep, why scare off new players….. Either way explain why and ask is better than yelling…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Owner > Mastery level > No mastery

The person that invested in and dropped the siege weapon would, of course, be highest priority and they should know better than to drop/take control of siege they don’t have mastery in. But if a Level 4 Ram master clicks use on a ram currently manned by a Level 2, the level 4 would assume control and a message stating the ram “was taken control by a player with a higher mastery level.” Two level 4s would be on a first come, first serve basis.

This would allow players that have spent the points to utilize the enhancements. Newer players could choose to place their points in masteries if they really wanted to and the good of the group is upheld by keeping the best person for the job in place.

I love the idea!

I know some people had problems with mastery levels taking over but this would be very just.
Please, please do it.

We don’t need game mechanics for something communication can solve. These people need to up their communication game!

Not communication on season 1 is almost dead. Believe me its useless. This system would work very good.

Invest money or time in getting mastery.

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

Mastery = priority

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I don’t get this excuse. If you are slowing things down for everybody because you want your achievement now, you probably are in WvW just for the achievements. Which means you are also after the 50 ranks.
What does it cost you to give 25 freaking points into ram mastery then ? Hell even just 5 to make people think that you have it. But nope, it seems they prefer to give their points to something else (or worse, they don’t even know about it).

However, when I’m on a siege (not ram or cata) and someone tells me “get out, I have mastery” I either ignore it or say “no”. Unless the situation is pretty bad, but most of the time, I don’t get why I should sacrifice my loot for them.
And luckily, I have the necessary points in nearly all mastery.

But I think that the siege thrower should get to decide who has priority on the siege. Because some people don’t know how to correctly aim those trebs, or they are being trolls.