Match-ups, Randomize?

Match-ups, Randomize?

in WvW

Posted by: tintin.3984

tintin.3984

I’ve been playing WvW for years now, and nothing has annoyed me more than the current match up system. They’ve made a lot of WvW changes since i started, but one thing they don’t really touch is the match up system. I remember fighting the same 2 servers for monthsssssss. When we finally dropped tiers, it would take one good week to put us back to that bad match up. I don’t see why match ups cant be randomized, i feel it would bring more interesting fights in the game. Yeah i’m sure there’s going to be issues, but why not try it for one month? I noticed that tanking is a popular word as you go higher in tiers, and i feel like some servers don’t want to actually play because if they win their reward is being placed in a bad tier/match-up. The way i see it is if match-ups are random, maybe the population of servers between the 4 tiers, will even out, making all random match-ups an even fight. This is just a thought, but i just think something has to be done with current match-ups.

(edited by tintin.3984)

Match-ups, Randomize?

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I do think something will have to change, but doing a randomization is going to hurt the remaining population. If you put a T1 server up against a T4, the people in T4 are going to quit for a week. Nothing will “even out” because they’re going to be discouraged from playing at all.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Match-ups, Randomize?

in WvW

Posted by: tintin.3984

tintin.3984

At first yeah, but eventually there wouldn’t be any like tiers really. That’s the issue now Tiers, what do you actually get for being tier 1? there is no reward. Anet needs to get away from this tier system which is really just a population thing.

Match-ups, Randomize?

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

People complain about lopsided matches now, when Anet is actively trying to equalize populations in a given matchup. I’d expect random matchups would exacerbate that problem.

That said, I’m not personally concerned about lopsided matchups and have no issue about the current system, scoring, rewards, etc.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Match-ups, Randomize?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It is random to a large extend.

With 200 pts distance between 1st and last server and random influence of +/- 80 per server everything is possible (even first vs last), just not everything equally likely.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)