Matchup Threads

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

Is it possible to get a clarification about what exactly is considered a “matchup thread” ?

Beacouse to be honest i see that many threads are being closed as matchup threads while they are not. Also i feel like this “matchup thread” thing is used to close unconfortable discussions.

Thank you.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

best answer i can give you is, Matchup threads generally talks about the interactions and status of one server between other server matchups at that time

after some quick research, the reason why they are not allowed. is because of 2 reasons
1. creates clutter
2. prevents toxic behavior

the dev link that talks about this for some odd reason no longer exists.

Regardless of the reason, this annoys me to no end. there are legitimate reasons why match up threads should exists. because there are potential issues that need to be addressed, and issues have existed before in these threads.

the other reason why these threads should exist. is because its ethically wrong, to deny users the information they need to understand how and why an issue or certain match ups exists.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Judging by some of the threads they’ve closed match up threads are any threads where people are criticising anet.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Before the ban, each match someone would start a thread with the three worlds’ names in the title and players from all three would come on and jibe at each other. It could get out of hand – surprise surprise – so it got stopped. That’s a “matchup thread”.

What seems to be happening these days is that whenever anyone uses named worlds to illustrate a point or compares what happens on one world to what happens on another, or refers to specific things that have or might happen in a specific match, those threads are likely to be closed. Basically, mentioning the names of more than one world in the same thread seems to risk getting that thread closed as a “matchup”.

It does make it very difficult to use examples to make a point and it no longer seems to have much to do with the problem the ban was originally intended to prevent.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Judging by some of the threads they’ve closed match up threads are any threads where people are criticising anet.

Same goes with the “EPI/Condi” Threads: they get closed rather often.

Someone posted a .gif where it was clearly shown, that the condi cap is not working and they deleted that post completly.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

It seems that the issue isn’t necessarily with mentioning a world as much as it is with throwing around insults in conjunction with mentioning worlds.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

It’s kittened and community fracturing that they even decide to not have match up threads when the game itself creates the environment we have. One of Arena Nets worst decisions was the removal of the match-up threads and this at large placed them way out of touch with the WvW community in general.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Watch this……Kaineng.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Furthermore, the moderation of these forums is awful. Closing down so many topics and pushing the games community to other forms of communication that Arena Net doesn’t even look at. The dismissal of Match-Up threads gave birth to GW2wvw.net which became toxic and viral but this is what happens when you don’t give your community a proper platform to discuss their experiences.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Before the ban, each match someone would start a thread with the three worlds’ names in the title and players from all three would come on and jibe at each other. It could get out of hand – surprise surprise – so it got stopped. That’s a “matchup thread”.

What seems to be happening these days is that whenever anyone uses named worlds to illustrate a point or compares what happens on one world to what happens on another, or refers to specific things that have or might happen in a specific match, those threads are likely to be closed. Basically, mentioning the names of more than one world in the same thread seems to risk getting that thread closed as a “matchup”.

It does make it very difficult to use examples to make a point and it no longer seems to have much to do with the problem the ban was originally intended to prevent.

Heh for some reason it doesn’t surprise me that the reason is because the community were acting like children so now they get treated like children.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Erm…
For starter, you have to fight for what you stand for, otherwise you stand for nothing.

Basically, if you consider your topic or post wrongly deleted, try sending mail to the mod team and reason it out.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

They don’t care. They are catering to a select few and the rest be kitten ed. Can’t wait till another label publishes a decent game.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

They don’t care. They are catering to a select few and the rest be kitten ed. Can’t wait till another label publishes a decent game.

Actually they’re catering to the majority. Which is why the PvP aspects of the game have become so sad.

Whispers with meat.

Matchup Threads

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Actually they’re catering to the majority. Which is why the PvP aspects of the game have become so sad.

I disagree in the respect that they cater to a few bandwagon super guilds and the servers they squat on (for the time being) while the rest of us are just used to fill their ranks. The match up my small server is in now is up against a server so stacked I’d rather just sit this one out rather than be face rolled for their amusement.