Matchup wishlist

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

tanking usually implies that one is “driving” the tank down. There’s no one left on either server so there is no one at the wheel in either case.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Cant really comment on the SoR “Tanking” comments, but for Ebay as we’ve recently played them I can say that there is effectively no real WvW presence left there. Extremely boring to fight them.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Welcome to the future of many servers as overall game population dies.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

here are the estimated probabilities for tomorrow’s matchups. as before, the “na1” and “eu1” files have probabilities of getting a particular server as an opponent, while the “na2” and “eu2” files have probabilities of getting specific pairs of servers as opponents.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

NA statistics will be more interesting this week, I guess, only JQ is fixed in T1, but SoS can roll in and either BG and TC can roll out..

I still want Elona-Kodash-Riverside, for sure it’s not likely, but is it still possible?

Edit: Indeed, SoS not SoR

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

Huh, I think you mean SoS.
Pretty slim chance of that, it would take BG/TC to roll very low and SoS to roll very high to make that happen.
There’s also odds of SoS going to T3 if DB rolls high and we roll low.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Need more Mag/FA/SOS

Commander Nachonix

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Matchups get stale, people complain.
Anet adds some randomization, people complain of blow outs.
Anet tones down randomization, people complain about it being stale.

I see the future! There will be more randomized matchups and people will complain!!

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I see the future! There will be matchups and people will complain!!

Corrected

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Matchups get stale, people complain.
Anet adds some randomization, people complain of blow outs.
Anet tones down randomization, people complain about it being stale.

I see the future! There will be more randomized matchups and people will complain!!

It’s like we’re not one person with one opinion at all.

Gate of Madness

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

here are the estimated probabilities for tomorrow’s matchups. as before, the “na1” and “eu1” files have probabilities of getting a particular server as an opponent, while the “na2” and “eu2” files have probabilities of getting specific pairs of servers as opponents.

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

Need more Mag/FA/SOS

Well there is a 1/3 chance that DB replaces one of you, 0.15% of SoS dropping (I guess the RNG cannot overcome a 150pt difference), a d only 4.5% of us moving up. Looks like we’re are good for a rematch.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

Statistically even odds of either Maguuma or FA dropping down to T3… I hope it happens this week and not a week from tomorrow.
I’m kinda hoping it will be Maguuma, as Maguuma will focus on SoS for fights and that might allow DB to gain more points. I know we can count on FA to focus the weaker server.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

Statistically even odds of either Maguuma or FA dropping down to T3… I hope it happens this week and not a week from tomorrow.
I’m kinda hoping it will be Maguuma, as Maguuma will focus on SoS for fights and that might allow DB to gain more points. I know we can count on FA to focus the weaker server.

rofl don’t count on it.

DB will not be in gold, FA SoS and mag will do everything they can to keep the gvg paradise as it is. If DB comes up expect them to get focused 24/7 by whatever real T2 servers they are matched with.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Yep, I hope for DB/SOS/MAG tomorrow night, and we can make sure DB doesnt tick higher than 100. :P

Commander Nachonix

(edited by Natronix.9827)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

I’ll be out of town for the weekend, but I predict a lot of ballistae outside DB spawn if they don’t bring their ‘A’ game.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Sad Tas.2509

I’ll be out of town for the weekend, but I predict a lot of ballistae outside DB spawn if they don’t bring their ‘A’ game.

they can bring their A-Z game and it still won’t be enough. No one wants DB in tier 2 let alone gold. Not even DB wants DB in gold.

Silver should be nice for you guys though with all those shiny new rewards

(edited by Sad Tas.2509)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Yep, I hope for DB/SOS/MAG tomorrow night, and we can make sure DB doesnt tick higher than 100. :P

Anyone can 2v1.
DB and SoS could 2v1 Mag and ensure they don’t get over 100 ppt either. Doesn’t prove much.
The only thing you continue to prove is how much a minority of players (gvg’ers) think they’re better and above the rest of the population that plays this game.
Stop being such a tryhard. You played on SBI and were all about forming a guild and improving the EU presence there, and getting decent presence out to ppt and defend borderlands. You leave SBI to Maguuma and do a 180 and all of a sudden the next day every post you make is about gvg and ‘for the fights’. Seriously, stop trying so hard to ‘impress’ your servermates. It comes across as completely fraudulent and disingenuous.
It’s not your place to try and control the destiny of hundreds if not thousands of people on DB or FA that could give a kitten about your stupid Gvg politics.

~Tarnished Coast~

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Not even gonna bother replying to above posts. The game is best at an equal mix of both. Theres fight, Theres PPT. People should stop going hardcore in either and just play the game.

I hope for SBI/DB personally. I want to see how we fair with a few Xfers we’ve gotten. SBI peeps keep saying they’ll still beat us too, So I want to see if I can prove them wrong. Even if we should be focusing DB, That can wait til leagues imo.

I kind of hope for SoR… I wanna see how dead it is!

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Sad Tas.2509

Anyone can 2v1.
DB and SoS could 2v1 Mag and ensure they don’t get over 100 ppt either. Doesn’t prove much.

It’s not your place to try and control the destiny of hundreds if not thousands of people on DB or FA that could give a kitten about your stupid Gvg politics.

I can tell you without a doubt that everyone on FA right now cares about staying in tier 2. Our fair-weathers left a long time ago and anyone who plays wvw on FA right now is playing for the server and for gold league and gives a kitten about “stupid gvg politics” or at least enough of a kitten to keep playing to ensure good fights. So I can tell you with confidence that FA will do everything it can to make sure its SoS/Mag/FA in tier 2. I can’t speak for sos or mag but I think they are more inclined to agree with my point of view than yours.

There are no fair weathers left in tier 2. Everyone who WvWs on tier 2 right now is there to ensure fights and they know that DB wont bring as good of them as FA and or Mag will.

(edited by Sad Tas.2509)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

With the current Rng system matchups are getting stale and boring, with the previous system matchups were though exciting always blowouts and by the end of the week it was demoralizing. My suggestion is every 1 in every 3 weeks manually create the matches to what you think would be fun and interesting for everyone.

So here is my wishlist for servers to fight next week in a ranking of 5

1. Fort Aspenwood
2.Tarnished Coast
3. Stormbluff Isle
4. Maguuma
5. Yak’s Bend

Keep this reasonable as i’m sure Eredon Terrace could never fight Blackgate, and Anet lets not be over zealous and delete this thread aswell. Allow some freedom for a brother.

LOL you do not want to fight SBI? Why would you really want to fight us? You should replace us with DB in your list, especially since they have a good SEA presence.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

As whole the DB thing, the pressure will let up if they comport themselves well and show they really want Tier 2. We just don’t really want them if they don’t want to be there; if you catch my drift.
We know FA wants it, and they will keep things interesting during crappy matchups just by the nature of being good fighters.
We don’t know anything about DB other than Maguuma completely wrecked them and the same groups that have been ppt’ing them this hard were complete no-shows that week (this was before Maguuma had much SEA, so it was very telling).

No one, wants a no-show in the #6 spot in Gold League. It’s going to be a 9 week suckfest as it is, and having a ppt sink is not going to help that.

So it’s up to DB, in the end. With their good coverage they’d be more valuable than FA in that spot if they came to fight. If they wobble, if their PuGs don’t show; we’ll push them down not out of cruelty, but because it’s the best thing for all involved.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Reset day, Lets do this peeps!

Bump for those who haven’t seen it yet.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Hoping for mag and fort aspenwood against us (DB). I know for a fact db isnt ready to be in the gold tourny. We would probably win silver pretty easy but we do get lots of good fights from servers like sbi. Gold would probably not even be fun. I was on SOS awhile ago and it wasnt much fun. It was all gvg with guilds running 40+ on each side. Basically just there warrior hammer melee train was larger than the guild I run with.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

So it’s up to DB, in the end. With their good coverage they’d be more valuable than FA in that spot if they came to fight. If they wobble, if their PuGs don’t show; we’ll push them down not out of cruelty, but because it’s the best thing for all involved.

DB has good coverage, but they are no match for SoS/FA/Mag. Maybe their coverage can keep them close on score (kind of doubt it to be honest), but they’ll get slaughtered by the organized guild groups on those 3 servers. Don’t think you’ll even need to double team them — Mag was able to do it by themselves in the DB/SBI/Mag matchup with no double teaming.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

DB cannot make gold league. They are going to move up to 6th after this week, and FA will drop to 7th. If the matchups stay, 7 vs 8 vs 9, then FA will gain enough points against SBI and IoJ (or BP if they sneak into 9) and take back their 6th place spot in gold. So, yeah, DB isn’t tanking to stay in silver, they are fighting hard to stay in silver.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

DB has good coverage, but they are no match for SoS/FA/Mag. Maybe their coverage can keep them close on score (kind of doubt it to be honest), but they’ll get slaughtered by the organized guild groups on those 3 servers. Don’t think you’ll even need to double team them — Mag was able to do it by themselves in the DB/SBI/Mag matchup with no double teaming.

DB dies too easily to take on Mag, FA, and SoS. When 20 people run from 2 arrow carts, and 5 people, who are defending SBI garrison, then you have no chance in t2.

Also, you just can’t turn tail and hit another BL in t2, when your karma trains gets beat at NW tower.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

note that these will be the last numbers I post for a while. Season 2 of tournament play will begin next week, and during the tournament matchups will not be randomized.

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

First, Dragonbrand better not get another free pass. I’m ready to make accusations of match fixing (FA likely to have a lot of transfers, a lot of gems to be bought….).

On the same note, it’d almost be worth rolling the nigh impossible odds that would take SoS to T1 (for one week only) to see BG vs DB.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

First, Dragonbrand better not get another free pass. I’m ready to make accusations of match fixing (FA likely to have a lot of transfers, a lot of gems to be bought….).

On the same note, it’d almost be worth rolling the nigh impossible odds that would take SoS to T1 (for one week only) to see BG vs DB.

I’m told a lot, I mean a lot, of people and guilds are ready to leave FA if they are stuck in silver.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I’m told a lot, I mean a lot, of people and guilds are ready to leave FA if they are stuck in silver.

Yep and if ANET allows DB to move up like that due to leaching ratings, then I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people on FA just give up on WvW or GW2 entirely.

I know its getting close with a lot of servers….WvW getting old.

FA has a lot of hardcore WvW’rs in NA, I would guess we have hundreds of players that have 2000+ hours in WvW alone. Tossing them into boredom land of Silver may be the end of it.

I don’t know.

edit: just joking. we’ll be in gold lololol

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

(edited by etrigan.4213)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Djamonja.6453

Pretty sure Mag and FA are safe — either of them can probably pull 25 rating out of the tier 3 matchup, and DB is probably going to lose 25 rating in tier 2, so FA should just pass DB with the 50 point swing.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Pretty sure Mag and FA are safe — either of them can probably pull 25 rating out of the tier 3 matchup, and DB is probably going to lose 25 rating in tier 2, so FA should just pass DB with the 50 point swing.

Only if RNG blesses them. lol.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

etrigan.4213

Only if RNG blesses them. lol.

Actually this is true, if DB stays down there for some reason, then we may get screwed unless ANET steps in and decides DB eating rankings off of a dead server isn’t the way things should be.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Djamonja.6453

That is true, if DB stays in tier 3, they’ll gain points and FA will be stuck in Silver.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Another thing to consider with the loss of NV/Meow for FA, is if DBs OCx/SEA will be able to keep them more in the race then FA is able to currently.

Will be an interesting reset and weekend that if fo sho.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Let’s see what happens tomorrow… If it’s SoS-FA-DB… Mag will need to ppt hard…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

etrigan.4213

Let’s see what happens tomorrow… If it’s SoS-FA-DB… Mag will need to ppt hard…

No matter who fights DB, they should push them hard. I really hope FA gets a chance to stomp them.

Not worried about DB beating us at all.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Chris.3290

Don’t even joke about losing Mag from Gold. They are among the few who understand the game was designed to be Blue and Red focusing on Green.

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Bump for the impending reset the next 1.5 hours.

Isle Of Janthir

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

it’s the last week of season 2 tournament play, which means we should be going back to the randomized matchup system this Friday.

here are the estimated probabilities for Friday’s matchups, assuming that predicted ratings from today are reasonably close to what we will see on Friday. as always, if predicted ratings turn out to be different from the actual end-of-match ratings, that will throw the numbers off.

the “na1” and “eu1” files have probabilities of getting a particular server as an opponent, while the “na2” and “eu2” files have probabilities of getting specific pairs of servers as opponents.

-ken

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Cool, thanks…… 15 chars

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

here are the estimated probabilities for the new matchups, assuming that predicted ratings are reasonably close to what we will see at the end of the current matches. as always, if predicted ratings turn out to be different from the actual end-of-match ratings, that will throw the numbers off.

the “na1” and “eu1” files have probabilities of getting a particular server as an opponent, while the “na2” and “eu2” files have probabilities of getting specific pairs of servers as opponents.

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

here are the estimated probabilities for the new matchups, assuming that predicted ratings are reasonably close to what we will see at the end of the current matches. as always, if predicted ratings turn out to be different from the actual end-of-match ratings, that will throw the numbers off.

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

WTB T2 match plox.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Snowreap, please consider adding the predicted ratings used in your analysis. I’m kind of wondering what “reasonably close” means and how much of a difference is needed to throw the numbers significantly off.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Snowreap.5174

also, I’ve included the predicted ratings that I use for these calculations. these are the “na” and “eu” files. these values should fairly closely match predicted ratings from other sites at the time I post them.

-ken

Matchup wishlist

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I believe kittens will be the same this week. FA will need to get to 1800 points to get that random.