Meet the new boss...

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… same as the old boss.

It’s great and all that Josh Davis is here, but we’ve been through this before.

Why are we falling for the same trick again? Why are we rewriting the same posts full of lists of what we want/don’t want?

I say it’s time they give us a list. We get to choose one thing from that list and it will be implemented by Valentine’s day. Nothing major has to be on the list — it can be all small QoL improvements. But I’d like to see some action this time before we put our trust in yet another Anet dev promising to listen.

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Tinkereratheart.5086

Tinkereratheart.5086

exactly the same thing the Habib and Devon months ago, this was actually a favorite tactic of devon, wont be long before Josh mentions stuff are “in the works” wxp, eotm, commander tags all after april, goodjob

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I hope they’re serious. At this point I really just hope they do set out to make the so many necessary changes they need to implement. With Elder Scrolls Online coming out, I really just don’t want to see the population dip like I’m predicting it will.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yep the current likes/dislikes thread is really just a rehash of the original CDi choice thread.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I do find it odd that Josh comes in here and wants to start from scratch, when just a few months ago Chris rolled out the Collaborative Development Initiatives and even defined a formal process for how they would work. Not that ANet has followed that process, of course, at least not for WvW, but the process was already there. The initial discussions identified population imbalance as being the runaway #1 concern by the WvW community, and after over 1,150 comments on 23 forum pages we got nothing … not even a summary of ideas that Anet thought might be worth investigating. It was just a huge black hole in spite of the fact that a lot of pretty good ideas got flushed down it.

Then we got the Commander CDI and a whole bunch more player inputs (the great majority of them positive and respectful as best I could tell) and all we got out that was a comment that maybe different colored tags might one day be considered.

So yeah, why create a new process and ignore the last 3+ months of “collaboration”?? Is even ANet admitting that they were a waste of time for everyone involved? It’s pretty hard not to be cynical and conclude that all of this is just a ruse to try to partially defuse the rancor on these forums without actually doing anything.

I’m so very tired of this crap …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Maybe Scarlett is really a wvw piƱata and when the carebears finally do her in all our wvw wishes will come true.. And Josh will come 1shot us all on a superanger.
And NCsoft will restart city of heroes for the fans
And purple horseshoes, green clovers, and blue diamonds

Soooommewheeree Oover the rainbow.

I wish they’d shut this subforum down instead of the match threads :[

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Tinkereratheart.5086

Tinkereratheart.5086

do you know how long I had to go back to find a post from devon about anything? its not days, its not weeks..

What in the world were the CDI threads? wheres the content?

NOTHING NEW SINCE NOVEMBER (bloodlust) I hope anyone reading this thread understands this

NOTHING NEW IS COMING TIL AFTER LIVING STORY, which ends around March then a “short” break

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Geesh lighten up. It’s normal for people to come and go in a company.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Chaba,

While it’s true people come and go, companies usually have a system to review and scrutinize suggestions and criticism by clients and customers beyond the customer rep. Meaning that valuable feedback doesn’t go wasted in case they leave.

One would assume the same thing for Anet, one of the most influential MMO company in the industry.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Hello Chaba,
One would assume the same thing for Anet, one of the most influential MMO

Yeah. I do assume that.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I say it’s time they give us a list. We get to choose one thing from that list and it will be implemented by Valentine’s day. Nothing major has to be on the list — it can be all small QoL improvements. But I’d like to see some action this time before we put our trust in yet another Anet dev promising to listen.

You are aware that coding, testing and implementing something in less than 2 weeks (considering the thread would need to be open for some time) is more or less impossible, right? Unless it is something so minor so that people would whine about them focusing on pointless stuff.

And what if they do put up a list, something gets decided and then an issue turns up that requires them to pull people away from said thing, and thus can’t release it on Valentines day? We all know what will happen on these forums if that is the case.

We know that they are working on Edge of the Mists, we know that it is the main focus of the WvW dev-team now.

We know that it is somewhat close to release and we know that there will be nothing major in WvW before that is released.

What else can they tell us?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

In french forums, the community manager wrote what she brought to the attention of the devs and what their answer was (for the CDI).
And she does the job of bringing our concerns to the attention of the devs and bring us their answer…

Hopefully, now that english WvW forums has a community manager, we will see the same (by same, I mean: answers to our concerns)…

Though my main concern is not that he’d go away, but that he has too much to manage, given he’s not only on WvW forum, and that WvW english forum alone is almost as lively than all french forums…

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Except that Josh just shut down a thread yesterday for “bashing a coworker” because it contained comments critical of Devon. So Devon is still there, although of course none of us had any way of knowing that.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Cactus.2710

You are aware that coding, testing and implementing something in less than 2 weeks (considering the thread would need to be open for some time) is more or less impossible, right? Unless it is something so minor so that people would whine about them focusing on pointless stuff.

And what if they do put up a list, something gets decided and then an issue turns up that requires them to pull people away from said thing, and thus can’t release it on Valentines day? We all know what will happen on these forums if that is the case.

We know that they are working on Edge of the Mists, we know that it is the main focus of the WvW dev-team now.

We know that it is somewhat close to release and we know that there will be nothing major in WvW before that is released.

What else can they tell us?

You really don’t get it. They could have simply listed the things they gathered from the WvW CDI discussions, identified which of those ideas they thought might fit the vision they have for WvW (assuming there is one), and (ideally) indicated which, if any, they thought might be worth investigating. Chris even specifically promised us (me, actually) that we would get some sort of summary from the population imbalance CDI and instead we got nothing … zilch.

Nobody is asking for results in two weeks … or even two months. What we’re asking for is SOME sort of response to the ideas the player community put forth in the CDI’s. How the hell can anything be called “collaborative” if players simply toss ideas over the wall with zero evidence that there is anyone at home on the other side?

Josh is here now, he seems at least minimally communicative, and he isn’t doing any of those coding activities you’re using as excuses for bad communication. I’d still like to know what happened to the three months of positive effort the players already put into this. Why the hell do we have to start from scratch?? Josh didn’t really need to start a new “three likes/three hates” thread, and he didn’t have to peruse the entire WvW forum to get a feel for what the players think is needed. All he had to do was read the two CDI threads and revive what ended up being stillborn. Why can’t we get that?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Scorched earth policy does usually result in collateral damage..
Can’t say I’d like reading this stuff about me either

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I remember Habib left to “pursue other interests” but when did Devon get the axe?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

do you know how long I had to go back to find a post from devon about anything? its not days, its not weeks..

What in the world were the CDI threads? wheres the content?

NOTHING NEW SINCE NOVEMBER (bloodlust) I hope anyone reading this thread understands this

NOTHING NEW IS COMING TIL AFTER LIVING STORY, which ends around March then a “short” break

This is unacceptable. We had the stupid Season with no improvements but now we have the stupid Living story to wait for? What does the living story have to do with WvW? It seems whatever little resources they had for WvW have been moved over for PvE and they waiting now for the PvE stuff to finish before any work can be done on WvW… Can’t wait for next game to come out and PvE will be barren as well.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

hummm…
He did not start the thread, he just wrote, in a poll thread, that :

Polls are great, but they can get muddled with order bias. How about this – create a thread that asks for players to list their three favorite things about WvW, along with their three least favorite things. “Hey ArenaNet, do more of this, less of that.”

Just my 2c!

(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Please-Go-Vote/first#post3544702)

I think he got a good idea of what we want – this is not as much for him, than for us, that he proposed to work that way…

and in the ideas thread, he’s just keeping things lively – showing us that he’s on and reading.

Gonna take some time before he takes his marks and really get things going.

I do expect him to eventually make a summary of the CDIs and devs answers to our concerns – but if you took time to read through it all – as I did – you know it’s quite lenghty and is not gonna be done in one day… Plus, he does not only have WvW forum to keep track of…

Why do you feel the need of complaining about what he’s not going to do when he just arrived? Look at his post history… (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Josh-Davis-6015/showposts) he’s pretty much following through / giving news as he is allowed to do so…

These complaining of “he’s not going to do anything and we are just loosing our time” feel like that guy in overflow that betted 10g we wouldn’t beat scarlet… Well, if you start with that idea, sure, we are not likely to win…

try to be positive, and constructive, and if you can’t, then what’s the point of “losing time by being non-constructive”?

Give him a chance to show what he’s here for, how he can help us, what kind of job he’ll do here… he’s only been here for 9 days (make it 7, for week-ends), which is quite a short amount of time, given all he has to catch-up with WvW-wise and the fact that he still has to cover the duties he had before being named here…

I’m never going to throw a rock at someone because someone else has been bad… might be that previous communications were bad / limited / one-sided, but please, do judge Josh on what he does, not what others did…

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I remember Habib left to “pursue other interests” but when did Devon get the axe?

Devon is still there … check the very end of this thread and note the date.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/This-Subforum-has-no-Dev-Team-Communication/page/2#post3547000

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I do find it odd that Josh comes in here and wants to start from scratch, when just a few months ago Chris rolled out the Collaborative Development Initiatives and even defined a formal process for how they would work. Not that ANet has followed that process, of course, at least not for WvW, but the process was already there. The initial discussions identified population imbalance as being the runaway #1 concern by the WvW community, and after over 1,150 comments on 23 forum pages we got nothing … not even a summary of ideas that Anet thought might be worth investigating. It was just a huge black hole in spite of the fact that a lot of pretty good ideas got flushed down it.

Then we got the Commander CDI and a whole bunch more player inputs (the great majority of them positive and respectful as best I could tell) and all we got out that was a comment that maybe different colored tags might one day be considered.

So yeah, why create a new process and ignore the last 3+ months of “collaboration”?? Is even ANet admitting that they were a waste of time for everyone involved? It’s pretty hard not to be cynical and conclude that all of this is just a ruse to try to partially defuse the rancor on these forums without actually doing anything.

I’m so very tired of this crap …

Based on their actions, I could see this as being true, have to admit its a little disheartening to think all the posts were for nothing though.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Cactus.2710

hummm…

Polls are great, but they can get muddled with order bias. How about this – create a thread that asks for players to list their three favorite things about WvW, along with their three least favorite things. “Hey ArenaNet, do more of this, less of that.”

Just my 2c!

I think he got a good idea of what we want – this is not as much for him, than for us, that he proposed to work that way…

and in the ideas thread, he’s just keeping things lively – showing us that he’s on and reading.

I do expect him to eventually make a summary of the CDIs and devs answers to our concerns – but if you took time to read through it all – as I did – you know it’s quite lenghty and is not gonna be done in one day… Plus, he does not only have WvW forum to keep track of…

Why do you feel the need of complaining about what he’s not going to do when he just arrived? Look at his post history… (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Josh-Davis-6015/showposts) he’s pretty much following through / giving news as he is allowed to do so…

These complaining of “he’s not going to do anything and we are just loosing our time” feel like that guy in overflow that betted 10g we wouldn’t beat scarlet… Well, if you start with that idea, sure, we are not likely to win…

try to be positive, and constructive, and if you can’t, then what’s the point of “losing time by being non-constructive”?

Give him a chance to show what he’s here for, how he can help us, what kind of job he’ll do here… he’s only been here for 9 days (make it 7, for week-ends), which is quite a short amount of time, given all he has to catch-up with WvW-wise and the fact that he still has to cover the duties he had before being named here…

I’m never going to throw a rock at someone because someone else has been bad… might be that previous communications were bad / limited / one-sided, but please, do judge Josh on what he does, not what others did…

I’m not complaining that Josh is here … I’m relieved that he is … but it doesn’t make sense for him to start from scratch trying to get his finger on the pulse of WvW when most of us already laid our hearts bare in the prior CDI’s. There were a lot of good ideas there and they were pretty much all in one place. Those two CDI’s already represented the top priority concerns as voted by the WvW community as a whole, and it’s hard not to feel like this is just another ANet attempt to defer and deflect.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Josh is now split between 3 different teams so im sure he is doing his best. He has been a pretty cool dev in spvp forums.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Hello Chaba,
One would assume the same thing for Anet, one of the most influential MMO

Yeah. I do assume that.

So do I, with the direct personal experience that organization knowledge is still difficult to retain even when systems are put in place to capture it. And I didn’t mean to imply that Devon had left the company. Responsibilities of an employee within a company can change.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Meet the new boss...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

hummm…

Just my 2c!

“Fool me once…”

This is now Anet’s pattern.

• Bring someone new in, have him promise to listen.
  • Deluded people in the forums welcome their savior. “Just give him some time to get up to speed.”
  • Nothing happens. The very serious major issues are never addressed. A few unwanted features are implemented.
  • The new savior disappears from the forums forever and someone new is brought in.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Our default was to trust Anet, but they squandered our trust. Now they have to act to regain it.